PDA

View Full Version : Horrifying Breaking News

flo
06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Mass graves have been discovered at the intersection of two county roads near Houston in Liberty County. Not many details yet so early news may contain information that is incorrect but it's reported that there are between 25-30 dismembered bodies and they are all children.

What's going on here? This is Texas, not Iraq.

Link here (http://www.kcentv.com/story/14861076/25-to-30-bodies-found-buried-near-houston)

rockdawg21
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I was getting ready to post this. This is insane!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28161379/detail.html
Dozens Of Bodies Found

POSTED: Tuesday, June 7, 2011
UPDATED: 5:18 pm CDT June 7, 2011

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas -- Dozens of bodies have been found in Liberty County, officials said Tuesday.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office said 25 to 30 bodies were buried at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta.

The bodies are those of children, according to preliminary reports.

Investigators said someone told them about the location, but they did not elaborate.

The FBI was called in to assist the investigation.

Officials said a search warrant was obtained to gather evidence.

KPRC Local 2 has a crew on the way to the scene. Stay tuned to KPRC Local 2 and Click2Houston.com for the latest on this breaking news story.

Refresh this page later for updated details.

flo
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
You know, rockdawg, I was just reading the thread about the billboard put up by the father of an aborted baby.

This country needs God. No politician is going to get us out of the moral, economic and spiritual mess we are in.

rockdawg21
06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
A few photos from the site:

http://www.click2houston.com/2011/0607/28162219_640X360.jpg

http://www.click2houston.com/2011/0607/28162692_640X360.jpg

rockdawg21
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
You know, rockdawg, I was just reading the thread about the billboard put up by the father of an aborted baby.

This country needs God. No politician is going to get us out of the moral, economic and spiritual mess we are in.
It's a mess. I saw USA Today while I was at Starbuck's. The headline said something like, "U.S. Debt - 62 Trillion".

Bonnie
06-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I just logged on and saw this thread! :blink: I haven't been watching the news today so I haven't heard about this. My local news is about to start...I'm going to watch it now and see what they say. :unsure:

rockdawg21
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
UPDATE

Video: http://www.click2houston.com/video/28163141/index.html
Tip Leads Liberty County To Search For Bodies

UPDATED: 6:50 pm CDT June 7, 2011

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas -- Liberty County officials said Tuesday evening they plan to search for possibly dozens of bodies in a rural area after receiving a tip.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office initially said 25 to 30 bodies were on a property at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta.

Investigators said someone told them about the location, but did not elaborate. Sources told KPRC Local 2 that a psychic sent them to the house.

The officials later said at a news conference that they were waiting for a search warrant to gather evidence.

"Earlier today, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office received a call indicating that there was a crime scene here on County Road 2049. Deputy investigators have responded here to the scene. We have found some circumstances that have raised some questions and we have requested a search warrant. As soon as that warrant arrives here at the scene, we will further our investigation," said Capt. Rex Evans with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.

Evans would not answer any reporters' questions.

The FBI was called in to assist the investigation.

A neighbor said truck drivers who traveled across the country often stayed in the house on the property with the owner's 16-year-old daughter and her 19-year-old fiance. Their names were not immediately released.

The neighbor said the 16-year-old moved out of the home on Sunday and that the neighbor never saw anything suspicious.

Bonnie
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Okay, just watched the local news and they are waiting on a search warrant right now. No bodies have been found, but some things they saw led them to request the search warrant so they can search the property. There are only two homes on this rural road where this is all taking place. One reporter on the scene said they're hearing through some radio stations that this could be a hoax. Right now, they really don't have anything to report until they get that search warrant.

Liberty, Daisetta, Hardin, are all familiar local areas that we bypass going to and from our hometown.

This situation isn't funny at all especially if it turns out to be true; but what is funny to me, I log on Matt's site, and see "Breaking News" about something that's literally going down right now in my own neck of the woods posted by a forum member who lives across the country! :laugh: You gotta love it! :laugh:

Neezar
06-08-2011, 12:27 AM
They are crawling all over this house from a tip....a tip from a psychic? :scared0015:

Bonnie
06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
They are crawling all over this house from a tip....a tip from a psychic? :scared0015:

I kinda left that tid bit out on the chance this turns out to be true--which will be awful. From what they said, that's just one rumor going around right now.

flo
06-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the updates, Bonnie & rockdawg. I saw they were pulling back on the story, I really hope it's not true.

Bonnie, I knew this was in your neck of the woods, they mentioned something about it being by your hometown.

rockdawg21
06-08-2011, 01:24 AM
UPDATE

Ok, I'll be the first to say it. Are the police really this stupid? A tip from a psychic. This story has hoax written all over it. It was probably that moron Sylvia Browne.

The reason they can't get the warrant is because the judge is going to look at the request and say "A ****ing psychic gave you this information? DENIED!"

With good fortune, this case will be proven a hoax, and the psychic will be arrested and put into prison (whom ironically, if they are really a psychic, would have already know this would happen).

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28161379/detail.html
Judge: Tip From Psychic Leads To Search For Bodies

UPDATED: 8:15 pm CDT June 7, 2011

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas -- Liberty County officials said Tuesday evening they obtained a search warrant to look for possibly dozens of bodies in a rural area after receiving a tip from a psychic.

Video: Team Coverage: Search For Bodies (http://www.click2houston.com/video/28163141/index.html)

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office initially said 25 to 30 bodies were on a property at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta.

Investigators said someone told them about the location, but did not elaborate. A Liberty County judge told KPRC Local 2 that someone claiming to be a psychic sent them to the house.

"Earlier today, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office received a call indicating that there was a crime scene here on County Road 2049. Deputy investigators have responded here to the scene. We have found some circumstances that have raised some questions and we have requested a search warrant. As soon as that warrant arrives here at the scene, we will further our investigation," said Capt. Rex Evans with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.

The Texas Rangers arrived with the search warrant at 7:45 p.m.

The FBI was also called in to assist the investigation.

A neighbor said truck drivers who traveled across the country often stayed in the house on the property with the owner's 16-year-old daughter and her 19-year-old fiance. Their names were not immediately released.

The neighbor said the 16-year-old moved out of the home on Sunday and that the neighbor never saw anything suspicious.

rockdawg21
06-08-2011, 02:04 AM
UPDATE

I was right, it's a hoax. Nothing was found. I hope they arrest that stupid psychic and put it in prison. At the same time, the idiots who believed the psychics' information was credible and cost taxpayers' money should be put in the stocks for 4 weeks and receive 50 lashings each week. How stupid!

Nothing Found After Psychic's Tip Leads To Search For Bodies

UPDATED: 8:30 pm CDT June 7, 2011

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas -- Liberty County officials said Tuesday evening they found nothing after a tip from a psychic that dozens of bodies were in a rural area.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office initially said 25 to 30 bodies were reported on a property at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta.

Liberty County Judge Craig McNair told KPRC Local 2 that someone claiming to be a psychic sent them to the house.

"Earlier today, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office received a call indicating that there was a crime scene here on County Road 2049. Deputy investigators have responded here to the scene. We have found some circumstances that have raised some questions and we have requested a search warrant," said Capt. Rex Evans with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office.

The Texas Rangers arrived with the search warrant at 7:45 p.m. Nothing was found in the search that included cadaver dogs.

The FBI was also called in to assist with the investigation.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-08-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm glad it was a Hoax though! As bad as that is a bunch of dead kids would be even worse!

flo
06-08-2011, 03:18 AM
UPDATE

I hope they arrest that stupid psychic and put it in prison. At the same time, the idiots who believed the psychics' information was credible and cost taxpayers' money should be put in the stocks for 4 weeks and receive 50 lashings each week.

Amen to that! :angry:

I'm glad it was a Hoax though! As bad as that is a bunch of dead kids would be even worse!

I'm relieved too Kentucky. I was just dumbstruck that something like this could be happening. I noticed all the law enforcement from the pics RD posted; hopefully, someone will pay - both legally and financially - for doing this.

Bonnie
06-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Just watched the 10 o'clock news and Rock is correct, apparently it turned out to be nothing (thank goodness!). They just showed the judge who was out there and he said when he was first told about this his first thought was this has to be a hoax. Apparently this woman, who does not live in the area (not sure where she lives) called in this "tip" last night and some officers were dispatched but found nothing at that time. Then the woman calls back today and tells them they weren't looking in the right place and gives them details about the house on this property so they go back out today and they did find blood on a door knob so I think that's what got things rolling. They later found out that the blood was from a young man who had tried to kill himself sometime before.

The judge is asking how things went from a tip from a psychic to the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and even Equisearch with Tim Miller being called out. The Sheriff's department is defending it's actions. I have a feeling someone is going to get their butt chewed out but good for this, and that's a shame, I think, because I'm sure they probably over-reached because they thought children were involved. Anyway, the next step is to locate this woman who started all this, and I'm sure they will prosecute if at all possible.

I hope they find her and are able to give her jail time and make her pay back the money spent on manpower and resources. People like this make me so mad because maybe next time the police get a call that sounds "incredible", they might hesitate in how they respond, and it just might be true.

Bonnie
06-08-2011, 03:59 AM
UPDATE

I was right, it's a hoax. Nothing was found. I hope they arrest that stupid psychic and put it in prison. At the same time, the idiots who believed the psychics' information was credible and cost taxpayers' money should be put in the stocks for 4 weeks and receive 50 lashings each week. How stupid!

I don't think it's that they just "believed" her information, but that they had to check it out regardless. She called in last night and they sent officers out and they found nothing. She called back today and gave them more information so they went back out there again. They found blood, and once they were in the house, her information--the details about the house--were "amazingly accurate". It's logical that they would continue to investigate at that point. I'm not sure why the FBI or the Texas Rangers were there. Maybe it had to do with the fact this woman claimed it was children's bodies and so many of them. Anyway, I don't think we should fault them for checking out a call. The fact the woman claims she's a psychic should be a moot point to them going and checking it out.

I hate that their time and resources were diverted this way, but I'm glad they didn't find children's bodies.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-08-2011, 04:27 AM
I can understand the need to check it out but it seems they would have been better served to borrow a Cadaver dog if they didn't have one before calling the feds. But I am glad it was a HOAX though!

Bonnie
06-08-2011, 04:34 AM
I can understand the need to check it out but it seems they would have been better served to borrow a Cadaver dog if they didn't have one before calling the feds. But I am glad it was a HOAX though!

They did have dogs out there. I'm just not sure who got there first, the dogs or the feds. :laugh: Maybe there is some protocol they follow regarding who is called in on something like this, or else, someone just jumped the gun. :wink:

I'm sure these guys are catching all kinds of flack from every direction. They aren't the bad guy here though, the woman is.

flo
06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the updates, Bon. Now I'm kinda embarrassed about posting it. :ashamed:

Bonnie
06-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the updates, Bon. Now I'm kinda embarrassed about posting it. :ashamed:

Don't be. If I hadn't seen your thread, I wouldn't have known what was going on around here! :laugh: I've got family visiting and I haven't been watching tv the past few days. Luckily, I logged on and read your thread right before our news comes on so I ran and turned it on so I could see what the heck was going on! :laugh:

Neezar
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Just watched the 10 o'clock news and Rock is correct, apparently it turned out to be nothing (thank goodness!). They just showed the judge who was out there and he said when he was first told about this his first thought was this has to be a hoax. Apparently this woman, who does not live in the area (not sure where she lives) called in this "tip" last night and some officers were dispatched but found nothing at that time. Then the woman calls back today and tells them they weren't looking in the right place and gives them details about the house on this property so they go back out today and they did find blood on a door knob so I think that's what got things rolling. They later found out that the blood was from a young man who had tried to kill himself sometime before.

The judge is asking how things went from a tip from a psychic to the FBI, the Texas Rangers, and even Equisearch with Tim Miller being called out. The Sheriff's department is defending it's actions. I have a feeling someone is going to get their butt chewed out but good for this, and that's a shame, I think, because I'm sure they probably over-reached because they thought children were involved. Anyway, the next step is to locate this woman who started all this, and I'm sure they will prosecute if at all possible.

I hope they find her and are able to give her jail time and make her pay back the money spent on manpower and resources. People like this make me so mad because maybe next time the police get a call that sounds "incredible", they might hesitate in how they respond, and it just might be true.

Isn't the judge the one who signed the search warrant?

And I had no idea that psychic tips were followed up on. And by that, I mean by a tip alone. It would be different if there were 20-30 missing children in the area. Or at least something else to go along with the tip. This opens up a whole new door to getting revenge on people. :laugh:

Tyburn
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM

:ashamed: it wasnt your fault Flo :w00t: We think you are marvalous :laugh:

County Mike
06-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you posted. It was interesting and thankfully ended OK.

If I was in the shoes of the police department, I think I'd have to check it out too. No matter how much I don't believe in psychics, how stupid would I feel if I didn't check it out and something really was there? Especially something as horrible as she claimed. You can't just ignore something like that.

What's this nonsense about truckers staying at a house with the owner's 16 year old daughter? That part of the story might need some follow up. Was the owner pimping out his daughter to long-haul truckers or just renting rooms for the night? Someone get that psychic on the phone to find out.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
They did have dogs out there. I'm just not sure who got there first, the dogs or the feds. :laugh: Maybe there is some protocol they follow regarding who is called in on something like this, or else, someone just jumped the gun. :wink:

I'm sure these guys are catching all kinds of flack from every direction. They aren't the bad guy here though, the woman is.

Yeah! Might be somebody jumped the gun. I am glad they checked it out though! The Woman does need investigated. I agree with you on that!