PDA

View Full Version : Heart tug Video of the Day!

flo
06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
A marriage proposal at the Kansas City Royals baseball game. Get out the kleenex! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SsQ0cAI8Y)

It doesn't get any better than this. :-)

DonnaMaria
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Awwwww!:ashamed: Wow romance really IS alive and well! :ashamed::laugh:

The best moment is when she rushes into his arms.......to hell with the ring.......she wanted HIM!!! She almost knocks him over! :laugh:

Great find Cathy! Love it! :)

Play The Man
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
For the married (or married and divorced) forum members, how did you (or he) propose marriage?

flo
06-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, my husband works in the log towing business. So they have tugs taking large rafts of logs throughout Puget Sound (also to Canada, Alaska, all over). Occasionally, if the tow gets stuck in bad weather, they can lose some logs from the raft. So it was a beautiful spring day and he said he needed to go out to this park area that looks over the cliffs to Dungeness straits because a tow had lost some logs. I totally bought it. We got up there and I was looking around for the tug when he got down on one knee, pulled out a box with an engagement ring and asked me to marry him.

:wub:

A funny part of it was...he is very traditional and decided to ask my dad for my hand in marriage. Dad was reading a book in his bedroom and their cat was on the bed and when Tom (my husband) walked in to ask him, the cat hissed and screamed at him! He thought it might be an omen!! :unsure: Luckily, he asked me anyway. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DonnaMaria
06-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Aww Cathy! That's so sweet!!!!!

PTM.........tell us how you asked your wife! I bet it's a good story too!

Play The Man
06-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Aww Cathy! That's so sweet!!!!!

PTM.........tell us how you asked your wife! I bet it's a good story too!

Nothing too romantic. We had our first real conversation after a chance meeting at a private library. I proposed to her at the same spot in the library.

flo
06-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Nothing too romantic. We had our first real conversation after a chance meeting at a private library. I proposed to her at the same spot in the library.

There's definitely some nice symmetry to that, PTM!

DonnaMaria
06-04-2011, 12:52 AM

Actually, I think that is VERY romantic.:ashamed:

And a simply lovely spot!!!!!

Neezar
06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
My husband asked me in a pool in Mexico. I thought he was playing around so I splashed water in his face and swam off (we had been chasing each other). About a year later my mom asked us if we were ever getting married. He said that he wasn't asking again. That is when I realized that he had been serious. :unsure-1: He did ask again though. :cool:

DonnaMaria
06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
My husband asked me in a pool in Mexico. I thought he was playing around so I splashed water in his face and swam off (we had been chasing each other). About a year later my mom asked us if we were ever getting married. He said that he wasn't asking again. That is when I realized that he had been serious. :unsure-1: He did ask again though. :cool:

:laugh: Denise! That is a great story!!! And you must truly feel special because he DID ask again...........even after the horrible rejection the first time! :laugh:

He loves ya! A lot!:)