PDA

View Full Version : DC Rebooting entire comic universe

VCURamFan
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
From SlashDot.com:

Bob Wayne, Senior Vice President of Sales at DC Comics, has written to comic book retailers saying: 'Many of you have heard rumors that DC Comics has been working on a big publishing initiative for later this year. This is indeed an historic time for us as, come this September, we are relaunching the entire DC Universe line of comic books (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32566) with all new first issues. 52 of them to be exact.' In addition, some characters are going to be younger, some may be missing, relationships are being changed, and Grant Morrison will pen a new Superman title.

NateR
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Ugh, not again. :rolleyes: Action Comics has been in continuous monthly publication since 1938. It just recently reached it's 900th issue, so restarting it again at #1 (or canceling it altogether) is a horrible idea.

Not that this reboot is going to actually replace the existing DC Universe. In a few years, everyone will forget about this manufactured event and things will go back to the way they were.

surveyorshawn
06-02-2011, 02:30 AM
I've always been a Marvel fan myself, with a few DC exceptions. I agree it is a bad idea, though. Maybe they should do a test run with an "alternate universe" first to see how it goes before they change everything. That is an awful gutsy move in an economy this bad...