PDA

View Full Version : The Most Political Speech of Her Reign, To Eire

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 12:49 PM
HM The Queen Elizabeth II speaks as the first Monarch to pay a State Visit to The Republic of Eire in over a Century, and since their Independance from England.

Speaking at what was once her own Royal Residence on Irish Soil (now belonging to the Irish Government) She has given what is hailed as one of the best speeches of her Reign.

Incidently...she kept up the difficult task of talking to former collonies who rejected her rule...by showing The fourty Fourth President of The United States of America...the written lamment that King George wrote when he lost the American Collonies entitled "America is lost"

:laugh: Apparently Barack Obama described (as he'd just finished talking about the special relationship between England and America) the American war of independance as "a small blip" in the relationship of the pair. Apparently it made Her Majesty laugh out loud :laugh::laugh: One is obviously very much ammused by your President.

Here is the Irish Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwoGa6LB3s0

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
To bad Y'All didn't keep Obama!

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 06:10 PM
To bad Y'All didn't keep Obama!

He was still here a few hours ago...coz...well...I have to laugh at this. In almost every country where a State Visit occures, the visitor is able to make a speech to the Government in their Chamber...but this doesnt happen in Westminster.

I believe that Barack Obama was to address Parliament this afternoon. So rather then invite him into, the actually quite small Chamber...its maybe...a third the size of your Congressional space...its really very small indeed. They do something different. There is no place for Obama to stand, sit, or speak in the House of Commons...nor in The House of Lords unless they place him on the Westminster Throne :laugh:

So what they do is they relocate the entire Government to next door. where there is a MASSIVE and mostly un-used Hall. Its known as "Westminster Hall" its where Dead Monarchs lie in state before their Funnerals :blink:

I believe they put chairs in it, and sat the Government in that Hall...so that Barack Obama had a stage and somewhere to sit :laugh::laugh: Its what they do for EVERY visitor...and yet...in almost every other country...the Queen, or the Prime Minister, will be able to speak in the actual Government Chamber.. Winston Churchill for example addressed the United States Government...and I dont remember them deciding to sit in that funny underground Hall that lies below the carpark outside the Congress Building :ninja:

HM The Queen Elizabeth II is rather fond of Barack, it has to be said. I dont know what she sees in him personally...but extra effort was made...for example...you can tell how much of a welcome is made, by how much extra detail goes into preparations...for Barack Obama, they decided to pop the flags up alllll the way down the Mall...they DONT do that for every State Visitor :laugh:

Incidently...Michelle Obama had a very difficult time at the Palace...The Tabloids were a bit mean to her I thought...she had gone out of her way to look nice, and she had this lovely shiny skirt thingy on (granted the purple outfit she changed into later suited her better) and it was obvious she was trying to make an effort. She met the newly Married Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge...who was wearing highstreet garb...simple...but so much...well...Catherine is like a clothes horse...whatever you put on her, she makes look wonderful...and the papers were all on about how much she upstaged poor Michelle...then to make matters worse...when in the company of HM The Queen...a rather funny scene unfolded on the Terrace. The playing of the US National Anthem...and Michelle, hand on heart...was unprepared for the gust of wind which decided to billow her skirt practically above her head :laugh::laugh:

The Queen...in equally as long a dress...well hers bearly flapped.

Of course...Mrs Obama wasnt to know that British High Society get around that problem by sewing little weights into the hems of their gowns...thereby ensuring nothing short of a tornado will allow them to take off :laugh:

I dont much like her compared to Jill Biden...but...I did feel a tad sorry for her...she did try hard, and it wasnt her fault :ashamed:

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp85zRg2cwg

and here is his speech to Parliament in Westminster Hall...He's introduced by Speaker Bercow by the looks of things :laugh:

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 09:25 PM
:laugh: Squeaker does such an Excellent job of making the spare room of Westminster Palace, sound like its the very centre of England :laugh:

In short "Sorry we had to have your address here, we have no room in the chamber for visitors" would possibly have been better then mentioning the ill fated King Charles, who got his head cut off when he opposed the idea of a Republic that decended into a Military Dictatorship in less then a Decade :blink: WTG Squeaker Bercow :rolleyes: he's evidently forgotten that the United States rejected British rule for a Republic...a Republic that we couldnt imitate even a century later...oooops

Why not ask for New York back whilst we're at it. Best Friends share stuff...no?

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 09:47 PM
:laugh: Barack Obama keeps pausing for applause...and its so quiet in Westminster you could hear a pin drop. Not a soul cheered when he mentioned the death of OBL

He's using big words like "Centuries" "ages"....But America is an adolescent preaching to a Senior :laugh: He says the time for "our" leadership....We were leading before America was discovered...and we havent led since being bankrupted by war...and loans to the US :unsure-1:

He does speak a load of bollox...but its nice bollox...and he speaks it so well :)

You may have him back now :wink:

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
at exactly 18.11 you get a snap shot of a row containing the Archbishop of Canterbury...check out the Lord at the end of the row...he's fallen asleep after ten glorious mins of Obamas speech...I do hope thats not Ken Clarke...anyhow...this constantly happens in the House of Lords...warm room, idle political fuzzies...and the snoozing of the peers :laugh:

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Not wise to mention World War Two...because the British do not see the United States as being a nation that was prepared to engage and support its trials against the Nazis except for when they were attacked...so to claim we fought together...well...from the British point of view, WE did most of the work and we lost everything because of it...the Americans joined only because they were attacked...and once the fight was won...have a nasty habit of saying that THEY won the war...and thank US for helpping THEM

I'm afraid his speech will have made a lot of the British people in the room (those that could manage to stay awake) Quite uneasy and uncomfortable.

Plus...notice that whilst he goes on about NATO...he really is talking about the UN without wanting to name it because its powers, by the concept of the Americans who founded it, now threaten Americans own soverignty sometimes.

Miss Foxy
05-25-2011, 10:18 PM
So basically this thread is compiled of your Anti-Obama agenda and our first lady's horrible fashion by the British press who have awful fashion.. Yes, I said it..

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 10:42 PM
So basically this thread is compiled of your Anti-Obama agenda and our first lady's horrible fashion by the British press who have awful fashion.. Yes, I said it..

I think you should listen to the last two mins of the video, where the woman who is speaker of the Lords (an unellected house of Government) talks about Obamas ability to waffle. She basically said the only good thing about his speech was the eloquence with which he spoke, she said he spoke in "poetry" but rulled in "prose" and she said that as if it were a compliment...but here is the truth...the America Public ellected their President purely on the basis of his Oration.

He won his whole presidency with lots of promises and hope for the future. He spoke so well people overlooked his lack of experience or, truely, skills. Now he is doing it again...other then the start of the speech...the entire thirty mins was talking about his vision for the future. What does that have to do with the price of eggs in England...do WE care about his plans for reforms, or his foreign policy, or his over exageration of past historical endevours..? That really...wasnt a speech for England at all...it sounded like a campaign speech of how he would change the world...he even started saying "we should" "we must" Like he does when he addresses American insitutions...

Like the Speaker says...he talks a great talk.

But thats about all he does...except thrust an unwanted health reform on his populas...which includes differences to student loans (how they have anything to do with health, I dont know)

If that makes me Anti-Obama...Well...nevermind.

As for Mrs Obama...no...what the press did to her was a lil uncalled for...but thats what the press in this country does. Thats how the People keep the rullers in toe :laugh: We call it "Freedom of speech"

:) I Love you Foxy :wink:

Miss Foxy
05-25-2011, 10:43 PM
I think you should listen to the last two mins of the video, where the woman who is speaker of the Lords (an unellected house of Government) talks about Obamas ability to waffle. She basically said the only good thing about his speech was the eloquence with which he spoke, she said he spoke in "poetry" but rulled in "prose" and she said that as if it were a compliment...but here is the truth...the America Public ellected their President purely on the basis of his Oration.

He won his whole presidency with lots of promises and hope for the future. He spoke so well people overlooked his lack of experience or, truely, skills. Now he is doing it again...other then the start of the speech...the entire thirty mins was talking about his vision for the future. What does that have to do with the price of eggs in England...do WE care about his plans for reforms, or his foreign policy, or his over exageration of past historical endevours..? That really...wasnt a speech for England at all...it sounded like a campaign speech of how he would change the world...he even started saying "we should" "we must" Like he does when he addresses American insitutions...

Like the Speaker says...he talks a great talk.

But thats about all he does...except thrust an unwanted health reform on his populas...which includes differences to student loans (how they have anything to do with health, I dont know)

If that makes me Anti-Obama...Well...nevermind.

As for Mrs Obama...no...what the press did to her was a lil uncalled for...but thats what the press in this country does. Thats how the People keep the rullers in toe :laugh: We call it "Freedom of speech"

:) I Love you Foxy :wink:

I heart ya too Dave..
I am not able to view any videos. I am at work and sometimes this computer allows me to view videos other days it acts like a jerk and today is the day I can't see anything.. :wacko:

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I heart ya too Dave..
I am not able to view any videos. I am at work and sometimes this computer allows me to view videos other days it acts like a jerk and today is the day I can't see anything.. :wacko:

The best part was Justice Secretary...he fell asleep....and its on the video...he nearly falls of his chair...Its not often that Barack Obama visits and speaks...and he was done in thirty mins...you would have thought the Peers would at least have managed to stay awake more then ten mins.

I dont hate Obama...I just dont rate him as a President...and in credit to him...he hasnt got lots of Senate Experience, nor any Military Experience...really...he's done well to blag it...but I personally hope that he doesnt get re-ellected.

I also think...there was so many times in all his speechs where he just should have mentioned GOD...and didnt...I pray for a Republican...who would dare say that rather then "shared values and ideas" which if he ever took part in this forum he would discover actually are VERY different and instead said "a Shared Christian Heratage"

MY GOODNESS he would shake the foundations of the British Government into seeing just how far it has STRAYED from those principles...and maybe, just maybe shame them into reinvesting in GOD and Christ...He'd only need to explain about his Republic, his "one nation under God" and how those who settled in the US kept the quintessentially English Religion...they escaped the politics...but...Essentially, the US is a snap shot of England three hundred years ago...When we had something to believe in...and something to care about.

...and his oratory skills could have reignited that passion...got Parliament talking about faith...but no...its "shared ideals" and thats multicultural...and thats relative religion.

Do you follow?

Miss Foxy
05-25-2011, 11:05 PM
The best part was Justice Secretary...he fell asleep....and its on the video...he nearly falls of his chair...Its not often that Barack Obama visits and speaks...and he was done in thirty mins...you would have thought the Peers would at least have managed to stay awake more then ten mins.

I dont hate Obama...I just dont rate him as a President...and in credit to him...he hasnt got lots of Senate Experience, nor any Military Experience...really...he's done well to blag it...but I personally hope that he doesnt get re-ellected.

I also think...there was so many times in all his speechs where he just should have mentioned GOD...and didnt...I pray for a Republican...who would dare say that rather then "shared values and ideas" which if he ever took part in this forum he would discover actually are VERY different and instead said "a Shared Christian Heratage"

MY GOODNESS he would shake the foundations of the British Government into seeing just how far it has STRAYED from those principles...and maybe, just maybe shame them into reinvesting in GOD and Christ...He'd only need to explain about his Republic, his "one nation under God" and how those who settled in the US kept the quintessentially English Religion...they escaped the politics...but...Essentially, the US is a snap shot of England three hundred years ago...When we had something to believe in...and something to care about.

...and his oratory skills could have reignited that passion...got Parliament talking about faith...but no...its "shared ideals" and thats multicultural...and thats relative religion.

Do you follow?

Yes, I understand what you mean about the lack of GOD and in Christ.. I lack hope in both parties I truly do. I just respect and pray for the one we have that's about all I can do at this point. That's hilarious about the Justice Secretary lol. I wish I could see that!! haha..

Tyburn
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM
. That's hilarious about the Justice Secretary lol.

You can bet that will make the Papers tommorow :laugh:

Tabloids can be so Cruel :mischievous:

Blade
05-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Unless that jug-eared nob 'Prince' Charles showed the bog trotters how to grow spuds properly, then what was the point in the Royals going over to Ireland anyway, and who cares? Pointless visit, pointless family, drop a bomb on the lot of them.

flo
05-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Blade, I really wish you wouldn't be so ambiguous.

:angel:

Tyburn
05-26-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq-G2a65SZc

you can see poor Michelle Obama nearly take off hear...and I do hope those are cannons in the background and not some ominous storm approaching :laugh:

I like how its not okay for Obama to speak Shakespear through our National Anthem...but its perfectly alright for us to fire off a douzen Cannons during his!!

Tyburn
05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Unless that jug-eared nob 'Prince' Charles showed the bog trotters how to grow spuds properly, then what was the point in the Royals going over to Ireland anyway, and who cares? Pointless visit, pointless family, drop a bomb on the lot of them.

He made an earlier Visit...and is sure to have spoken about something architectural or horticultural whilst their...so calm your passions O treatcherous parliamentarian :angry:

:laugh: