PDA

View Full Version : Sick of O'Reilly!!

Rev
05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I know that I am going to get flamed for this but I have to put it out there.
I get so sick of Bill O'Reilly. I love Hannity but Bill is a jerk. He brings people on his show and then wont let them speak if they dont say what he wants them to say. He argues in circles and tends to prove no point.
I agree with most of what he says but wish he would do a better job of deffending it or at least not be such a d-bag. As bad as I hate to admit it, Stewart ate his lunch over the Common issue and he provided a defense that was about as good as Pete McKneely vs Tyson. Bill has got to be more prepared when bringing people on his show. You cant have only one point and hold onto just that point if it can be shot down that easy.
Again i say, I agree with most of what he says, just wish he was nicer and better prepared.

rockdawg21
05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Fox News in general annoys me and I'm a Tea Partier. I watch Headline News and check certain sections on news.yahoo.com

flo
05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
O'Reilly is an arrogant, idiotic horse's a$$. His hubris and constant interruption drives me crazy, I seldom watch anymore. He said "forment" three times in one show, there's no such word, it's "foment". :laugh: I remember a show several years ago, he had a Mexican-American guest and O'Reilly was going on and on about border control. He said "the illegals are smuggled in by wetbacks (he meant coyotes) and you should have seen his guest's face, he was smiling (and flabbergasted) at such a moronic statement. :rolleyes: Yet O'Reilly thinks he's the authority on everything!

Ditto for that oily, smarmy, uber-partisan Hannity. The last time I watched, a guest said "I'm going to do what every viewer wants to do" and took that stupid nerf football and threw it away. Hannity looked so peeved. :laugh::laugh: Every time he says "let not your heart be troubled" I want to blow his face off with a bazooka.

But I love Red Eye. :) Brett Baier's show is also very good IMO, I am a fan of Charles Krauthammer.

I watch Megyn Kelly too, she's a super interviewer (although she is on maternity leave right now). I avoid MSNBC at all costs. CNN is OK. We get The Weekly Standard and Natl. Review, there's a lot of good reporting and oped in those. Then there's all the online news sites like Drudge, RealClearPolitics, Steyn Online, OrbusMax (for the Northwest) and the best of all, MHF! :happydancing:

Rev
05-17-2011, 07:56 PM
I love foxnews.com because you dont have to watch the shows. I tend to agree with Bill and Hannity but cant stand to see them treat people the way they do.

flo
05-17-2011, 09:28 PM
I love foxnews.com because you dont have to watch the shows. I tend to agree with Bill and Hannity but cant stand to see them treat people the way they do.

Same here, Rev. I used to be a big fan, I still have my O'Reilly mug! And several of his books!

But it's become all about THEM, that's the problem, IMO.

NateR
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Arrogant is an excellent word for O'Reilly. I had to quit watching his show because he just ticked me off so much. He gives conservatives a bad name.

I liked Hannity when he co-hosted with Colmes, but stopped watching the show after Colmes left.

Nowadays, I don't have cable so I get most of my news from Bott Radio Network and Yahoo News.

Rev
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I fully thought I would be flogged for this thread. LOL Glad I'm not alone.

Primadawn
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Agreed. I used to be a huge Hannity fan too---but these days the messengers are killing the message.
NOBODY can get a word it with him anymore and if they ask him a question...he never answers it. Just goes off on his own tangent...
Used to be an awesome 3 hours during my workday, but I don't even turn his show on anymore.

Sorry--didn't mean to hijack--I know this is about O'Reilly--just replace Hannity's name with O'Reilly's and that's what I think about him too! :laugh: