PDA

View Full Version : If You could just go back....

Tyburn
05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
If you could just go back in time within your life span to change something...what would it be...and why?

bradwright
05-16-2011, 04:26 AM
I would go back to 1980 and invest a couple of grand in a little known company by the name of microsoft....i'll let you figure out the why.:wink:

VCURamFan
05-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd go steal Obama birth certificate just to mess with everybody! :laugh:

Dethbob
05-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I would go back and not walk away from the Church in my teens. I tried atheism, taoism, existentialism etc. and learned first hand that they are all crap, but I pretty much already new that. In the mean time I lost a lot of ground in getting my life where it needed to be, and have a lot of catching up to do.

Spiritwalker
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I would go back and not walk away from the Church in my teens. I tried atheism, taoism, existentialism etc. and learned first hand that they are all crap, but I pretty much already new that. In the mean time I lost a lot of ground in getting my life where it needed to be, and have a lot of catching up to do.

I wouldn't call them all crap... but I would say that there is a lot to learn from all organized religions.. if only that they just don't have it quite right.. IMO...

Spiritwalker
05-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I would go back to the day I was shot in a robbery.. and instead of me being shot.. it would have been the other guy (go figure).

Why..

Cause 20 years later.. it still messes with me..

I saw a TV show (Bones) that had a guy dying and the scene was unnerving.. had the hair on my arms standing... brought a lot back...

and the guy that shot me, wouldn't have had the chance to kill someone else 3 weeks later... who by what I understood.. was a much better person than I.

Spiritwalker
05-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I would go back to 1980 and invest a couple of grand in a little known company by the name of microsoft....i'll let you figure out the why.:wink:

Well.. let's be honest.. would YOU have invested in this group??? :laugh:

MICROSOFT Cira 1979
http://static.arstechnica.net/microsoft_1979.png
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/07/bill-gates-the-blogger-reminisces-about-microsoft-in-1979.ars

VCURamFan
05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Well.. let's be honest.. would YOU have invested in this group??? :laugh:

MICROSOFT Cira 1979
http://static.arstechnica.net/microsoft_1979.png
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/07/bill-gates-the-blogger-reminisces-about-microsoft-in-1979.ars
Hahaha, what a bunch of creepers, stoners & nerds! :laugh:

TexasRN
05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't go back and change anything. I am who I am today based on things that happened to me and choices that I made in the past, both the good and the bad. I have to live with both the negative and positive consequences of my actions so that I may be a better person every day than I was the day before.

~Amy

VCURamFan
05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't go back and change anything. I am who I am today based on things that happened to me and choices that I made in the past, both the good and the bad. I have to live with both the negative and positive consequences of my actions so that I may be a better person every day than I was the day before.

~Amy
See, that's why you pull a Back to the Future 2: you buy yourself a whole bunch of Apple stock from the year you were born, but you don't let yourself know about it. Then, 5 years from now, Western Union shows up out of the blue & hands you an letter that they've been holding for 30-some odd years & when you open it up, it's a letter from yourself letting you know that you're actually a millionaire. That way you get to go through all the same old crap that made you as awesome as you are right now, but then you also get rewarded with lotsa money! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
If I could go back I would go back to September 2005 and have done it all different. I would have NOT walked away with nothing and just my clothes and the kids clothes. I would have fought for what was mine and made life a living hell for a certain cheater.:devil:

BamaGrits84
05-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I would go back to the day I was shot in a robbery.. and instead of me being shot.. it would have been the other guy (go figure).

Why..

Cause 20 years later.. it still messes with me..

I saw a TV show (Bones) that had a guy dying and the scene was unnerving.. had the hair on my arms standing... brought a lot back...

and the guy that shot me, wouldn't have had the chance to kill someone else 3 weeks later... who by what I understood.. was a much better person than I.

I got robbed once at gun point when I was a teenger as a set up by someone I knew. If it ever happens again there will be justice on my terms.

BamaGrits84
05-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I guess the thing I wish I could take back the most was all the times my sister invited me over to watch Alabama play football with her and I didn't. I would have given a part of my liver, a kidney, and one of my lungs to have known how soon the time for taking her up on those offers would have ended. It really sucks that the last game we watched together was from an ICU room while I tried to fool myself into thinking she would be out of there before seasons end.

Salt meet wound. :cry: