PDA

View Full Version : Kutcher replaces Sheen

Miss Foxy
05-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Los Angeles (CNN) -- It's official: Ashton Kutcher is filling the gap left by Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men."

"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes," Kutcher said Friday in a statement released by CBS and Warner Bros. Television.

"I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"

Kutcher, who gained his early fame on a TV sitcom, "That 70s Show," has more recently been seen on the big screen. His last film was "No Strings Attached," which hit theaters in January.

He's also made his mark as a TV executive producer, most notably for MTV's hidden-camera show "Punk'd."

"Ashton is a pop culture triple threat -- film star, cutting-edge producer and a social media pioneer," said Nina Tassler, the head of CBS Entertainment. "He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches. We are thrilled to have him."

CBS and Warner Bros. did not disclose how much Kutcher will earn. Sheen, who is embroiled in a lawsuit over his sudden dismissal from the show in March, was earning a reported $2 million for each episode.

Sheen responded to the news by praising Kutcher while taking a shot at the show's executive producer, Chuck Lorre.

"Ashton Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer. Oh wait, so am I!!," Sheen said in a written statement. "Enjoy the show America. Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."

Producers had been scrambling in recent weeks to find a replacement for Sheen to keep one of TV's highest-rated sitcoms on the air for another year.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/13/kutcher.sheen.men/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

Miss Foxy
05-13-2011, 10:34 PM
I have like a seriously huge crush on Ashton..Like huge. I wish him luck on his new endeavor...

Buzzard
05-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Guess I won't be watching it anymore. Charlie made the show. If they bring Kandi back I'll start watching again. I want Kandi!

Bonnie
05-14-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm happy for Ashton and I hope he and the show will be just as successful together as they were with Charlie before he went completely off the rails. I think Charlie is brilliant at comedy but he screwed himself royally! There's a lesson there (a lot of them), "don't burn your bridges". :wink:

Buzz, give it a chance! Sometimes a show can change/replace a popular actor and still be successful. Look at Cheers, and when Michael J. Fox had to leave his show...ironically Charlie Sheen was the one who replaced him and it turned out really well.

I hope Charlie gets his act together. I hate to see such a talent destroyed, as well as his life, by his vices. :sad:

Buzzard
05-14-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm happy for Ashton and I hope he and the show will be just as successful together as they were with Charlie before he went completely off the rails. I think Charlie is brilliant at comedy but he screwed himself royally! There's a lesson there (a lot of them), "don't burn your bridges". :wink:

Buzz, give it a chance! Sometimes a show can change/replace a popular actor and still be successful. Look at Cheers, and when Michael J. Fox had to leave his show...ironically Charlie Sheen was the one who replaced him and it turned out really well.

I hope Charlie gets his act together. I hate to see such a talent destroyed, as well as his life, by his vices. :sad:

I just think the show has jumped the shark with the loss of Charlie and the addition of Ashton. Ashton was ok as Kelso, but I've not been a fan of his and haven't ever wanted to watch any movies or shows he has been in.

The cast as it was gelled quite well imo. I can't see them doing anything to spark my interest, but time will tell.

rockdawg21
05-15-2011, 12:06 AM
So in other words, the show went from sucks to blows.

NateR
05-15-2011, 01:01 AM
This kind of reminds me of when they dropped Cindy Williams (Shirley) from Laverne & Shirley (because of her pregnancy) and still went ahead with a whole new season with just Laverne. It ended up being the last season of the show for a reason.

bradwright
05-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Charlie was the show,without him the show is over,just a matter of time now until its cancelled.

Bonnie
05-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Good grief! :laugh: You guys are being such negative nellies! Can we wait until the first show at least before y'all write the obituary.

Buzzard
05-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Good grief! :laugh: You guys are being such negative nellies! Can we wait until the first show at least before y'all write the obituary.

Take a picture; this is probably the only time you will see Nate, rockdawg, brad and I agree on anything.:laugh:

rockdawg21
05-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Take a picture; this is probably the only time you will see Nate, rockdawg, brad and I agree on anything.:laugh:
I don't agree. :laugh:

Chuck
05-16-2011, 12:53 AM
I've never seen the show... :huh:

I'd actually never even heard of it until a few months ago when Sheen went psycho. :ninja:

Miss Foxy
05-16-2011, 06:04 PM

I know right!! I never watched the show with Sheen since I never liked him even before he went more crazy. I am a Kutcher lova though!! He always makes me smile. I like when he's being silly and has that cute little smirk!!

Twinsmama
05-16-2011, 06:27 PM
I've seen 2 1/2 men quite a few times. it was funny. i like charlie sheen. i don't like ashton much but he is a good actor. i wonder if he is literally replacing charlie like moving in to his house and everything. it's going to be hard to relate i think because on of the funny parts is that charlie is always betting, drinking and smoking cigars. if memory serves me well he just confessed his love to the crazy girl next door. i wonder if she will continue the craziness with ashton. it'd be hard to picture it being the same without charlie though. but i do think ashton is a good actor so i'm hoping he does good.

rockdawg21
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Does this mean the show will be changed to 1 1/2 Men?

VCURamFan
05-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Does this mean the show will be changed to 1 1/2 Men?
No, I think it'll become 2 Men