PDA

View Full Version : McCain ladies feud with Glenn Beck

Miss Foxy
05-12-2011, 10:32 PM
McCain ladies feud with Glenn Beck
By Rachel Rose Hartman
ShareretweetEmailPrintBy Rachel Rose Hartman rachel Rose Hartman – Thu May 12, 10:51 am ET

Long ago, political feuds may have been aired on the floor of Congress, or in the pages of an op-ed section. In today's sped-up, social-media-addled sparring scene, however, the major outbursts of acrimony among political and media figures tend to surface first on Twitter.

Witness Cindy McCain, wife of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who was none too pleased over a recent segment of Fox's Glenn Beck show that featured the voluble host making crude jokes about daughter Meghan McCain's appearance in a public service ad on the fight against skin cancer. Cindy McCain took to her Twitter account to reiterate her delight over Beck's forthcoming departure from Fox News, writing: "I'm so glad Glenn Beck is leaving Fox. Enough vitriol and hate. Glenn you are no rodeo clown. They are decent and nice. You aren't."

In a segment on his Wednesday radio broadcast, Beck had taken brutal aim at Meghan McCain's appearance in the ad, feigning vomiting into a trash can.

"I'm getting sick just looking at it because it's so sweet," Beck joked after a protracted fake vomiting session. He reportedly suggested McCain wear a burka to "be extra safe." "When I look at that picture, I think to myself, I get the point, put some extra clothes on," he said later in the show.

The television ad purports to show "naked" female celebrities talking about the importance of wearing sunscreen. The clips featuring the younger McCain are shot from the shoulders up.

Miss Foxy
05-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I like Glenn....I don't see whats so bad he said??

matthughesfan21
05-13-2011, 04:20 AM
I like Glenn....I don't see whats so bad he said??Glenn is bat•••• crazy

NateR
05-13-2011, 04:59 AM
I have a lot of respect for Glenn Beck. I may not agree with him on everything, but his heart is in the right place. He's one of those guys that I would be happy to vote for if he ever decided to run for political office.

rearnakedchoke
05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
it's ok if GB said this ... if someone like stewart or maher said it, it would obviously be a bigger deal ..

adamt
05-14-2011, 04:22 AM
i like glenn beck too
wish he wasn't a mormon though

ufcfan2
05-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Glenn is bat•••• crazy

:frantics:

Ya, this guy is just flippin nutty.

flo
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Really? Care to back that up with a link? Or did you just pull that little judgement out of your rear?

rearnakedchoke
05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Really? Care to back that up with a link? Or did you just pull that little judgement out of your rear?

well, kanye west says GWB doesn't like black people and people say he is a moron, idiot whatever you want to call him ( i am a fan of his music, but he ain't all there) .. GB says that Obama doesn't like white people and you don't hear much about it ...

so if you ask me, if you think kanye is crazy, you must think GB is crazy as well ...

flo
05-14-2011, 06:25 PM
well, kanye west says GWB doesn't like black people and people say he is a moron, idiot whatever you want to call him ( i am a fan of his music, but he ain't all there) .. GB says that Obama doesn't like white people and you don't hear much about it ...

so if you ask me, if you think kanye is crazy, you must think GB is crazy as well ...

Don't hear much about it? What, if you're from Azerbaijan? It has been among the most publicized Glenn Beck quotes in the media that he said Obama was a racist. It's the only thing the left can legitimately use against him. He has publicly apologized for that and said he was wrong. What else do you want him to do, serve prison time?

Your last statement is too ridiculous to even address.

Buzzard
05-14-2011, 08:06 PM

+juan

ufcfan2
05-14-2011, 08:24 PM

http://youtu.be/vKF68bKQWqg

:tongue0011:

Buzzard
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
http://youtu.be/vKF68bKQWqg

:tongue0011:

lol Even Fox thought he was batshirt crazy and pulled his show.

Scary to think that some here would vote for him just because he is Glenn Beck.

NateR
05-14-2011, 10:30 PM
lol Even Fox thought he was batshirt crazy and pulled his show.

Scary to think that some here would vote for him just because he is Glenn Beck.

Presumptuous much? :rolleyes: Who said they would vote for him just because he's Glenn Beck?

I don't care about his name or celebrity status, I've actually read a couple of his books and I think he understands what role government should play in a free person's life and how our government has grown waaay beyond what the Founding Fathers intended and is getting very close the levels of corruption and oppression that the writers of the Constitution were trying to prevent. That's why I would vote for him.

BTW, if you've ever actually read any of Beck's books, you'd know that he's just as critical of the George W. Bush as he is of Barack Obama.

I don't agree with his religious views, since Mormonism can't be considered a Christian religion, and he gets a little over-emotional at times; but that should all be secondary, right? I seem to remember lots of people claiming that a person's character was secondary to leadership ability during the 8 years of the Clinton Administration; so why wouldn't that apply to a Conservative as well? Or is it because you can't intellectually counter any of his points, so you have to try to just dismiss him as crazy?

Sarah Palin seems to have many of the same ideas about the role and the place of government in a free society and that's why I would vote for her as well.

rearnakedchoke
05-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Don't hear much about it? What, if you're from Azerbaijan? It has been among the most publicized Glenn Beck quotes in the media that he said Obama was a racist. It's the only thing the left can legitimately use against him. He has publicly apologized for that and said he was wrong. What else do you want him to do, serve prison time?

Your last statement is too ridiculous to even address.

azerbajian??? really .. i heard it only once that he actually said that ... and he only apologized because he had to ... he said it cuz he actually means it ... but whatever .. i am cool to admit kanye is a moron for what he said ... LOL

flo
05-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Google "Glenn Beck calls Obama racist"; there are 1,280,000 results. You will see it was covered by nearly everyone on the planet.

I don't want to argue with you, rnc, but I'm surprised you claim you can see in someone's heart to know if their apology is valid or not. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Wouldn't you do the same for me? He apologized and didn't qualify it like most public figures do by saying "I'm sorry if anyone was offended", you know?

Buzzard
05-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Presumptuous much? :rolleyes: Who said they would vote for him just because he's Glenn Beck?

I don't care about his name or celebrity status, I've actually read a couple of his books and I think he understands what role government should play in a free person's life and how our government has grown waaay beyond what the Founding Fathers intended and is getting very close the levels of corruption and oppression that the writers of the Constitution were trying to prevent. That's why I would vote for him.

BTW, if you've ever actually read any of Beck's books, you'd know that he's just as critical of the George W. Bush as he is of Barack Obama.

I don't agree with his religious views, since Mormonism can't be considered a Christian religion, and he gets a little over-emotional at times; but that should all be secondary, right? I seem to remember lots of people claiming that a person's character was secondary to leadership ability during the 8 years of the Clinton Administration; so why wouldn't that apply to a Conservative as well? Or is it because you can't intellectually counter any of his points, so you have to try to just dismiss him as crazy?

Sarah Palin seems to have many of the same ideas about the role and the place of government in a free society and that's why I would vote for her as well.

Presumptuous much? :rolleyes: You've never asked me to intellectually counter anything of his, and I don't think it would take any effort at all. Alas, I shall not give it a whirl until you finish up on some of the things you've yet to answer.

I wouldn't waste any of my money supporting this loon by purchasing anything tied to him, so I doubt I'll be reading his book.

You saying that you would vote for Sarah Palin as well is scary too.

Since the topic has been brought up before regarding Obama's experience or lack thereof, what kind of experience does Glenn have with foreign policy or anything else regarding public office that Obama doesn't?

I'd love it if GB ran for president on the R ticket. Another guaranteed win by his opponent. Throw Sarah Palin as his Veep and it would be a landslide victory by his opponents. If that ticket ever did run and win, you can pay my airfare as I depart this country and head out. A win win for both of us.

I'll take your word for it that GB is as critical of Bush as Obama. It will take much more than that for me to entertain the thought of him being remotely qualified to run for office. Would he run out halfway through his term as Palin did? I don't think we need 2 loons in the WH, and if it did occur, perhaps we could get some "surveying symbols" and place them on a map too.:rolleyes:

NateR
05-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Presumptuous much? :rolleyes: You've never asked me to intellectually counter anything of his, and I don't think it would take any effort at all. Alas, I shall not give it a whirl until you finish up on some of the things you've yet to answer.

I wouldn't waste any of my money supporting this loon by purchasing anything tied to him, so I doubt I'll be reading his book.

You saying that you would vote for Sarah Palin as well is scary too.

Since the topic has been brought up before regarding Obama's experience or lack thereof, what kind of experience does Glenn have with foreign policy or anything else regarding public office that Obama doesn't?

I'd love it if GB ran for president on the R ticket. Another guaranteed win by his opponent. Throw Sarah Palin as his Veep and it would be a landslide victory by his opponents. If that ticket ever did run and win, you can pay my airfare as I depart this country and head out. A win win for both of us.

I'll take your word for it that GB is as critical of Bush as Obama. It will take much more than that for me to entertain the thought of him being remotely qualified to run for office. Would he run out halfway through his term as Palin did? I don't think we need 2 loons in the WH, and if it did occur, perhaps we could get some "surveying symbols" and place them on a map too.:rolleyes:

Translation: I'm too brainwashed by left wing propaganda to be able to think for myself anymore, so I'm just going to rant and hurl insults. :rolleyes:

flo
05-15-2011, 01:38 AM
rnc, for a very LONG time, the left has used the tactic of personal destruction by flinging shyte on the wall and let's see what sticks. Then they repeat it over and over and over and over. In this day of viral videos, word gets around quick. Tell me, how does a person who is the target of that tactic change the perception it implies?

I want to know the truth about people as much as you do. However, I'm also susceptible to having my feelings swayed about someone by innuendo. And that's just wrong! The left has tried to smear Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck with some of the vilest stuff I've ever seen because they are afraid of their popular appeal. Yes, they are flawed individuals but the garbage spewed about them is unrelenting and a disgrace, IMO.

flo
05-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Translation: I'm too brainwashed by left wing propaganda to be able to think for myself anymore, so I'm just going to rant and hurl insults. :rolleyes:

:laugh: :happy0159:

rearnakedchoke
05-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Google "Glenn Beck calls Obama racist"; there are 1,280,000 results. You will see it was covered by nearly everyone on the planet.

I don't want to argue with you, rnc, but I'm surprised you claim you can see in someone's heart to know if their apology is valid or not. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Wouldn't you do the same for me? He apologized and didn't qualify it like most public figures do by saying "I'm sorry if anyone was offended", you know?

i would love to believe it if people in the public eye apologized for what they said always ... but when you have money involved and companies making people say sorry for the stuff they say, i just don't buy it ..

take kanye for example .. he came out the next day after he interupted taylor swift and said he was sorry .. but do you think he actually believed beyonce didn't deserve the award over swift? i don't ... he said he was drunk blah blah .. i just don't believe it

rearnakedchoke
05-15-2011, 01:58 AM

oh don't worry .. i don't think of it as arguing .. you have valid points ... i see it as more of great conversation

flo
05-15-2011, 02:33 AM
oh don't worry .. i don't think of it as arguing .. you have valid points ... i see it as more of great conversation

Thanks, bro. Ditto. :)

Buzzard
05-15-2011, 02:58 AM

Yep, that fits you to a tee, except substitute "right" for "left" or "conservative".

What insults? Like when you called me a liar and I proved you wrong, yet you can't man up and admit it? What a hoot.

matthughesfan21
05-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Translation: I'm too brainwashed by left wing propaganda to be able to think for myself anymore, so I'm just going to rant and hurl insults. :rolleyes:To be honest Nate, that is your automatic cop-out reply when anyone tries to discuss something that differs from what you believe...Instead of just replying to it, you blame it on the liberal brainwashing or the liberal agenda...You do it a lot and you get away with it because this is a heavily conservative board, but in many other places, people would probably say the same about you except right instead of left

NateR
05-15-2011, 11:23 PM
What insults? Like when you called me a liar and I proved you wrong, yet you can't man up and admit it? What a hoot.

I'm talking about your insults towards Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

When did I call you a liar?

NateR
05-15-2011, 11:48 PM
To be honest Nate, that is your automatic cop-out reply when anyone tries to discuss something that differs from what you believe...Instead of just replying to it, you blame it on the liberal brainwashing or the liberal agenda...You do it a lot and you get away with it because this is a heavily conservative board, but in many other places, people would probably say the same about you except right instead of left

Do you have any evidence that....

Glenn is bat•••• crazy
...?

I'm talking about published medical evaluations from actual doctors that classify him as clinically insane? I'm pretty sure you don't and you just assume he's crazy because you don't happen to agree with his opinions. Or the media has told you not to agree with his opinions and you don't even bother to question what the media has told you.

So, your comments earlier in this thread are no less of a cop out.

However, liberal brainwashing is not my "automatic cop out reply" to everyone I disagree with. That is known as a straw man argument.