PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown!

Primadawn
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
The hospital I work at was locked down for almost 2 hours this morning due to a shooter on the loose in town. (Rolla MO) We're off now but so far I haven't heard that they caught him...just that they chased him out of the town and down the highway.

Initial reports were that he started on the Missouri S and T campus and moved on from there--basically the entire town locked down. They thought he may have been injured and that he may try to come into the hospital--and at one point thought he was already in the building (the hospital's just down the street from the campus).

I had patients locked in my office with me--we weren't even allowed to go in the hallway. They were 86 and I was afraid they'd freak out, but they chit chatted the whole time and said they were sad when it was over! :laugh:Most excitement they've had in ages.

I hope nobody gets hurt or killed. Still waiting to hear more.

Miss Foxy
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh em gee!! Dawn how scary and I am so glad everything is ok now. How scary wth is wrong with the world?! All these lunatics everywhere..:scared0015:

Twinsmama
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
scary!! hope they caught the guy and no one was hurt.

rockdawg21
05-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Glad to hear everything was ok.

BTW, my dad graduated from UM-Rolla.

Primadawn
05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Word is they still haven't caught him.

Rockdawg, I still call it UMR too...can't get used to this S&T nonsense! :laugh:

Primadawn
05-12-2011, 08:03 PM
He's in custody--finally! :happydancing:

flo
05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
The hospital I work at was locked down for almost 2 hours this morning due to a shooter on the loose in town. (Rolla MO) We're off now but so far I haven't heard that they caught him...just that they chased him out of the town and down the highway.

Initial reports were that he started on the Missouri S and T campus and moved on from there--basically the entire town locked down. They thought he may have been injured and that he may try to come into the hospital--and at one point thought he was already in the building (the hospital's just down the street from the campus).

I had patients locked in my office with me--we weren't even allowed to go in the hallway. They were 86 and I was afraid they'd freak out, but they chit chatted the whole time and said they were sad when it was over! :laugh:Most excitement they've had in ages.

I hope nobody gets hurt or killed. Still waiting to hear more.

That part is pretty funny!!

Glad everyone is OK though, what a scary thing to have happen...you hear about these things but never imagine it will happen to you.

flo
05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Dawn, they are talking about this now! He is apparently an ex-convict and tried to get into Ft. Leonard Wood with an assault rifle. Creepy!

Here's a link. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunton-missouri-gunman-fort-leonard-wood-missouri-university/story?id=13589605)

County Mike
05-12-2011, 08:11 PM
This is why doctors and nurses should all be firearm trained and allowed to carry at work.

Primadawn
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, I'll be interested to hear what this was all about later. I went to pick up lunch at a restaurant a block from the hospital and they showed me a hole from a bullet coming through the wall.

When he was apprehended, he apparently had a gunshot to his hand...and was reportedly taken to a "local hospital" to be treated. :ninja: