PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone on this board think 12/7 was an inside job ?

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Did FDR know.. was FDR directly/indirectly responsible??

Play The Man
05-11-2011, 03:43 AM
No

Dethbob
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Wait... a... minute!

What if FDR was JAPANESE THE WHOLE TIME!!!

VCURamFan
05-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Did FDR know.. was FDR directly/indirectly responsible??
I see what you did there! :laugh:

rockdawg21
05-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes, FDR needed a way to get the U.S. to commit to war. What better way than to know thousands of Japanese are going to bomb our strongest (and I think only) Pacific fleet by allowing them to do it. :rolleyes:

rearnakedchoke
05-11-2011, 02:30 PM
i'm assuming SW created this thread to show how stupid it is to actually believe that the US was responsible for 9/11 ... but i could be wrong ..

VCURamFan
05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
i'm assuming SW created this thread to show how stupid it is to actually believe that the US was responsible for 9/11 ... but i could be wrong ..
That's what I assumed.

County Mike
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
You know what happens when you assume.

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Well..

Actually I love the History Channel.. I watch that more than I do anything...

and last night there was a 1 hour program on called Conspiracy.. and I thought.. "Cool.. More Kennedy stuff.. Let's see if I get anything new.." So i tuned to the channel.. then turned around and started dinking around on the computer..

but then I heard something different..

"The following program contains actual footage and re-enactments of the events leading up to and preceeding the bombing of Pearl Harbor"....

:scared0015: WOW.. first one I had heard of on this....

And I have heard of The McCollum memo and the Bomb Plot Message before.. and I was wondering if they would touch on it... not only did this show "touch on it".. it put alot of wieght into it.. even though it's been disproven....

The idea that FDR knew/allowed/lured the Japanese into attacking the US to "get us into the war".. is laughable .. "at best"..

But as I looked around the net.. I found a few people that came off .. "normal".. and "sane".. so I just thought I would throw it out there to see what you peoples thought.... You never know.. I found out a buddy of mine for years.. hated Jews..

"what?? ermm... ok. why??" I asked...

The stuff that came out of his mouth.. a friend of mine... who had been to my home many times.. would have made Hitler proud...

So to stuff that doesn't get discussed much.. I tend to ask more often than not..

Miss Foxy
05-11-2011, 03:46 PM
No!!!!!

Chris F
05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
FDR knew and ignored the intel. He did not think Japan had the gumption to pull it off. FDR was already in very bad health and should have been relieved long before.

flo
05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
FDR knew and ignored the intel. He did not think Japan had the gumption to pull it off. FDR was already in very bad health and should have been relieved long before.

Well, Chris F, thank you for clearing that up for us all...
(http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1889/did-roosevelt-know-in-advance-about-the-attack-on-pearl-harbor-yet-say-nothing)

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 05:39 PM

What what specific intelligence are you referring to??? Many historians (please note I sad many not *cough* MOST *cough*) have proven to reasonable minded peoples that there was no real knowledge of that attack.. that war was most likely going to happen.. yes... but not that attack...

And just because he was ill.. doesn't mean that his mind was going..

My only issue with FDR was the internment of Germans, Japanese and Italians that had dual citizenship...but given the state of fear.. I can understand.. and I guess what REALLY bothers me about that is that it really isn't taught in American History in schools.. and I don't even remember it being a subject of study in school at all when I attended.

Miss Foxy
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
What what specific intelligence are you referring to??? Many historians (please note I sad many not *cough* MOST *cough*) have proven to reasonable minded peoples that there was no real knowledge of that attack.. that war was most likely going to happen.. yes... but not that attack...

And just because he was ill.. doesn't mean that his mind was going..

My only issue with FDR was the internment of Germans, Japanese and Italians that had dual citizenship...but given the state of fear.. I can understand.. and I guess what REALLY bothers me about that is that it really isn't taught in American History in schools.. and I don't even remember it being a subject of study in school at all when I attended.

Is that why my grandpa would say he was going to Jap slap us?!

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Well, Chris F, thank you for clearing that up for us all...
(http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1889/did-roosevelt-know-in-advance-about-the-attack-on-pearl-harbor-yet-say-nothing)

:cool:

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Is that why my grandpa would say he was going to Jap slap us?!

the only other time I have ever heard that term was in a bar.. last year.. after a seminar.. with my me sensei.. and two of his sensei...

And my sensei's sensei fought in WW II in Okinawa.. and that's where he began to lear martial arts...

None of us did anything.. or said anything.. but you could feel the temp drop all around us.

Miss Foxy
05-11-2011, 06:18 PM
the only other time I have ever heard that term was in a bar.. last year.. after a seminar.. with my me sensei.. and two of his sensei...

And my sensei's sensei fought in WW II in Okinawa.. and that's where he began to lear martial arts...

None of us did anything.. or said anything.. but you could feel the temp drop all around us.

Talk about awkward!! Hope I spelled it right so you probably could have heard a pin drop wow im surprised all them karate guys didn't go nuts!!
My grandpa who was born here, but parents were Polish hated my other Grandpa who is German. He would say so much crap about Germans, Japanese, anyone of color.. Except lil ol me..:ashamed: I miss him. He was in the Air Force..I told my daughter that one day and she asked me what it was! lol.. I just figured it was war talk..