PDA

View Full Version : BWWWWWaahahahahahahahahahah Clinton Owned!!

Spiritwalker
05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/05/09/dertzitung.t1larg.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/05/09/c1main.sitroompix.gi.jpg

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/09/religious-paper-cuts-clinton-from-iconic-photo/?hpt=T2

Religious paper cuts Clinton from iconic photo
By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

(CNN) – Faith has outweighed fact at Di Tzeitung, a Hasidic newspaper based in Brooklyn, New York.

The ultra-Orthodox Jewish publication ran a doctored copy of the iconic “Situation Room Photo” last Friday – you know, the one taken of President Barack Obama and his national security team during the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound.

Scrubbed from the picture: the two women in the room.

It’s as if Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, with her hand clasped over her mouth, and Audrey Tomason, director of counterterrorism, weren’t there and weren’t part of history.

The original photo, taken by White House photographer Pete Souza, shows Clinton and Tomason.

The news of this broke Friday when Shmarya Rosenberg, 52, posted a quick piece on his blog Failed Messiah.

Rosenberg, of St. Paul, Minnesota, says he wasn't surprised by the photo doctoring and only posted something about it because "it was a slow news day."

A former ultra-Orthodox Jew, Rosenberg has been writing about the ultra-Orthodox community - mostly about crime and what he dubbed "strange media" - for seven years. He says the newspapers in that community have become "increasingly strange with their censorship of women's faces and women's bodies" over the past few years.

He says readers used to see photos of rabbis with their wives and that there was then a time when the women were blurred. Now, they're just not there.

According to Rabbi Jason Miller, a blogger who picked up the story Sunday for The Jewish Week, Di Tzeitung does not include images of women in print “because it could be considered sexually suggestive.”

Within Judaism, there are a number of denominations - Reform, Conservative, Reconstructionist and modern Orthodox, to name some - and ultra-Orthodox Judaism accounts for just one branch of the faith.

The White House, meantime, attached this disclaimer to the photo when it was released:

This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

"We're not going to comment" on this matter, a White House senior official told CNN.

Miss Foxy
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Sw I don't understand your title are you happy that they took her picture out ? :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
05-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Nah.. not happy that they took her out... I just think it's funny. VERY FUNNY

Just that to those readers... she was never there...

I loath Hillary .. for many reasons... She is a smack in the face to women...

To "try and re-write history".. and claim she wasn't there.. yeah... bad idea.. but still.... I love it!

rearnakedchoke
05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
cool ... a newspaper that doesn't print pictures of women ... kinda dumb if you ask me ... but oh well, some people seem to get a kick out of it ...

Primadawn
05-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Ummmm....yeah..:huh:

I'm not a Hillary lover...but I'm not sure how she was "owned". :huh:

Play The Man
05-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Bizarre

flo
05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Sheesh, get with the 21st century, ppls.

I understand they're Hasidic but it's not like she's a Bubbe invading the rabbi's Torah study.

flo
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't find Hillary a "smack in the face" at all. I thought the trashing she took from fellow Democrats in the run for the nomination was disgraceful.

I disagree with her political philosophy but I gather her constituents in NY thought she was a very effective senator.

Dethbob
05-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Sheesh, get with the 21st century, ppls.

Hi Flo!

It is weird. Modesty is fine, but editing them out of the picture is a form of lying.

If a blurry picture including fully clothed women was too naughty, maybe they shouldn’t have downloaded it?

flo
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi Flo!

It is weird. Modesty is fine, but editing them out of the picture is a form of lying.

If a blurry picture including fully clothed women was too naughty, maybe they shouldn’t have downloaded it?

Hi Dethbob. :)

lol, that's why they need to get with the 21st century (or even the 20th:rolleyes:).

Miss Foxy
05-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi Flo!

lol.. Well put!

rockdawg21
05-09-2011, 09:54 PM
LOL

BamaGrits84
05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
1.) Foxy, what's up with your signature picture? Did you lose a bet? :blink:

2.) I am not a fan of Hillary, and I do find many of her positions on "women's rights" to be harmful, and shameful to women. However I do find it sad that this paper seems to be making the point that women are of less value than men. God made us different, but equal. The Bible says that, not me. So I wonder if their point is to disregard her because she is a woman or if it is political. Either way, I don't agree with it. You don't change history to comform to your views.

matthughesfan21
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Think what you want about Hilary, but this is not her getting owned...This is a self-owned by the paper by displaying their complete ignorance and sexism...She was not edited out because of her policies, she was edited out because she is a woman

Miss Foxy
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Think what you want about Hilary, but this is not her getting owned...This is a self-owned by the paper by displaying their complete ignorance and sexism...She was not edited out because of her policies, she was edited out because she is a woman

:applause:

Miss Foxy
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
1.) Foxy, what's up with your signature picture? Did you lose a bet? :blink:

2.) I am not a fan of Hillary, and I do find many of her positions on "women's rights" to be harmful, and shameful to women. However I do find it sad that this paper seems to be making the point that women are of less value than men. God made us different, but equal. The Bible says that, not me. So I wonder if their point is to disregard her because she is a woman or if it is political. Either way, I don't agree with it. You don't change history to comform to your views.

:cry: Yes I lost my sig to rockdawg!! He sure knows how to mess with my mind....:wacko: and emotions *big worm* status...

rockdawg21
05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
:cry: Yes I lost my sig to rockdawg!! He sure knows how to mess with my mind....:wacko: and emotions *big worm* status...
Yeah, she dislikes GSP so much she chose Shields, haha!
But she forgot the part above it. It's supposed to say:

I hate BJ Penn, but...
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?u=766&type=sigpic&dateline=1304968240 :laugh::laugh:

Bonnie
05-09-2011, 11:35 PM

It is stupid, dumb, bizarre, and totally ignorant. I guess it's "okay" with them that a WOMAN brought them into this world though, right. :rolleyes:

I guess things could have been worse...we could be staring at GSP's picture instead. :scared: :laugh: How long do you have to keep that as your sig?

Miss Foxy
05-09-2011, 11:37 PM
It is stupid, dumb, bizarre, and totally ignorant. I guess it's "okay" with them that a WOMAN brought them into this world though, right. :rolleyes:

I guess things could have been worse...we could be staring at GSP's picture instead. :scared: :laugh: How long do you have to keep that as your sig?

Until UFC 130 :cry:

Bonnie
05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Until UFC 130 :cry:

Just a little over two weeks....hang in there! Be thinking of some way to get him back in the meantime! :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
On the Topic of Hillery, What did She ever do to get the Smartest Woman in the World Title? I happen to think that my Wife for example is smarter than Hillery. I just don't see what makes her smarter than all the other Women!

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 03:45 AM
ok.. just to set the record straight...

It wasn't JUST....Hillary "played" dutiful wife.. when Billy boy was ... well.. Monica was doing extra stuff... She knew about the women and what has she done about it.. nothing... I respect any woman who makes a hard decision based on what her husband did.. and he LIED about it.. and still she "stood by her man".. she's weak..

Anyone remember.. Travelgate.. Whitewater... and Vince Foster..

What about being a NY senator??? She NEVER lived in NY.... she didn't even buy a home in NY until AFTER (fact check) she began her run.... She took advantage of a very odd time frame in NY...

Let's talk the Iraqi war... She blasted Bush for saying "We aren't leaving until we are finished".... but also said that a leaving was a mistake... Sorry.. pick a side...

IMO.. Hillary is weak... and she wanted to be president.. that really worried me...

I will say that she has done alot for children... but that's only when other things are not side tracking her...

Am I anti women??? no.. women are just as good as a man...

The only woman I loath more than Hillary is Rosie...

Bonnie
05-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Is she strong for leaving or is she strong for staying...

Is the hard decision to leave or is the hard decision to stay...

As far as I'm concerned, she's the strong one...she had to be. :wink:

He was the weak one.

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Is she strong for leaving or is she strong for staying...

Is the hard decision to leave or is the hard decision to stay...

As far as I'm concerned, she's the strong one...she had to be. :wink:

Why? To keep a marriage that was political at that point? To serve her own carrer? I would have had more respect for her had she stood by her man.. while he was on national TV ... after having to have explained.."Did you have sex with that woman".. explained to him 7 different ways... is she stood right there.. while he was apologizing.. and turned to him and smacked him right across the face...and walked away...

That would have earned her SOOO much respect from women EVERYWHERE... I probably would have voted for her had she run for president.. and world leaders would have .. "Oh crap... don't F with her"....

He was the weak one.

No doubt... please don't let me disdain for Hillary.. come across as acceptance for Bill... he was a weasle. And all the republicians should have gotten together .. and brought the caning guy from Singapore over her to whip is sorry arse.. on the whitehouse lawn.. and record the whole thing.. and then sell the DVDs.. (instead of him lying and costing the taxpayers big cash... due to minor sex acts with an intern)..maybe then the national defecit would be alot lower...

rockdawg21
05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
On the Topic of Hillery, What did She ever do to get the Smartest Woman in the World Title? I happen to think that my Wife for example is smarter than Hillery. I just don't see what makes her smarter than all the other Women!
Dumb. If she were smart, she would have left Bill for cheating on her.

Miss Foxy
05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Why are we even discussing someones marriage? Ever heard of forgiveness? For whatever reason she stayed leave her alone already clean up your own backyards first. I get annoyed when people pry into someones marriage. It's between them and God.. Not us.:angry:

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Why are we even discussing someones marriage? Ever heard of forgiveness? For whatever reason she stayed leave her alone already clean up your own backyards first. I get annoyed when people pry into someones marriage. It's between them and God.. Not us.:angry:

well.. my backyard is pretty clean... though the grass needs to be cut...

No one was prying.. Bill decided to take advantage of an opportunity.. and it's something that he shouldn't have done.. and then lied about it.. and then got caught..

Since both of them have placed themselves in the public eye.. and both are repersentitives of this country.. former and current.. their actions reflect on the whole of the United States.. so.....

Miss Foxy
05-10-2011, 04:51 PM
well.. my backyard is pretty clean... though the grass needs to be cut...

No one was prying.. Bill decided to take advantage of an opportunity.. and it's something that he shouldn't have done.. and then lied about it.. and then got caught..

Since both of them have placed themselves in the public eye.. and both are repersentitives of this country.. former and current.. their actions reflect on the whole of the United States.. so.....

I just hate when people attack marriages/family.. Oh did you hear Arnold n Maria are separated?? I caught it on the news this am! I wish them the best and hope they can work it out..

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I just hate when people attack marriages/family.. Oh did you hear Arnold n Maria are separated?? I caught it on the news this am! I wish them the best and hope they can work it out..

"stop prying" :wink:

Miss Foxy
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
"stop prying" :wink:

Lol!! You got it!! I did that ish on purpose!! lol. No really though I was talking to myself while I was getting ready for work listening to the news saying I hope they can work it out and I wish the best for both of them.

Twinsmama
05-10-2011, 05:50 PM
You know what they say forgive and forget, relive and regret

I don't think the strong person is someone who stays. I think like most hard decisions you see things different after you've been through it.

I hope you are joking spirit that you would have voted for her had she slapped her husband. I don't respect any woman that would slap a man for any reason.

rearnakedchoke
05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Ummmm....yeah..:huh:

I'm not a Hillary lover...but I'm not sure how she was "owned". :huh:

yeah, i am not sure getting 'shopped out of a sexist paper is getting owned ...

on another note, i don't fault her for staying with her husband .. sure, she was humiliated, but some people would commend her for sticking to her marital vows she made in front of God .. even though Bill didn't ...

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
You know what they say forgive and forget, relive and regret

I don't think the strong person is someone who stays. I think like most hard decisions you see things different after you've been through it.

I hope you are joking spirit that you would have voted for her had she slapped her husband. I don't respect any woman that would slap a man for any reason.

I say "Remember so you don't repeat, forgive is fine, forget cause of the wine".

Not joking.. because with that action, she would have shown that she were made of sterner stuff than many others..

She was humiliated in front of the whole world.. and just took it.. that's not the person I would want as a leader..

Did she "have to slap him" to get the point across to the world.. nah.. could have left.. could have filed for divorce.. could have moved out of the White House.. could have done MANY other things.. but nope.. nothing.. at least not in public.. and sorry.. but when you are repersenting the country as the First Lady.. and you have no spine in public.. well.. there you go. Maybe she just didn't want to be inconvenienced... she was "living the life" after all.. maybe she didn't care (personally) that others were servicing her husband.. But again.. the majority of the US wouldn't approve.. and when you cast yourself in the public spotlight... right or wrong.. you have to live up to an image to a degree.

And please do not throw "slapping him is not the actions of a lady".

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
yeah, i am not sure getting 'shopped out of a sexist paper is getting owned ...

owned/not owned.. it's funny as all get out... and the paper isn't sexist.. it is following their religious belifes.. The ACTION may be considered sexist by others of different faiths.. but the paper is just following their on doctrine.. which is considered sexist to many...

County Mike
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
What's the big deal about Bill's "scandal" anyway. He just got a little stress relief in the office. Being president is a stressful job. All presidents should be awarded a stress reliever.

rearnakedchoke
05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
owned/not owned.. it's funny as all get out... and the paper isn't sexist.. it is following their religious belifes.. The ACTION may be considered sexist by others of different faiths.. but the paper is just following their on doctrine.. which is considered sexist to many...

if it were a muslim paper would it have been sexist? how is any picture of hilary sexually suggestive? mind you, one with her covering her mouth ...

rearnakedchoke
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
What's the big deal about Bill's "scandal" anyway. He just got a little stress relief in the office. Being president is a stressful job. All presidents should be awarded a stress reliever.

true .. it's like a marital mulligan .. LOL

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
if it were a muslim paper would it have been sexist? how is any picture of hilary sexually suggestive? mind you, one with her covering her mouth ...

ROLF~!!!!!

http://0.tqn.com/d/womenshistory/1/0/f/Z/2/081015_hillary_clinton_83287554a.jpg

Primadawn
05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm stunned that people are saying it takes a stronger woman to LEAVE a marriage than to stay in it after one partner cheats. Spirit, I can't believe you said she "just took it".

One of two things happened here. Either she was incredibly committed to her marriage and vows and wanted to do everything she could to work it out=STRONG. OR she wanted to take the "Ok MF, now you're gonna pay for it for the rest of your LIFE" approach=STRONG! :)

Like I said, I don't love her...I don't agree with her politics. But one thing I DON'T think Hillary Clinton is=weak, at least on a personal level. Now if you wanna talk foreign policy, that's another story.

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
true .. it's like a marital mulligan .. LOL

marital mulligan ....hmmm.. going to ask the wife about that one tonight!

rockdawg21
05-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Cheaters always cheat. As long as she can deal with that, then that's good for them. Just not my taste. Cheat on me once, bye bye.

Miss Foxy
I'm stunned that people are saying it takes a stronger woman to LEAVE a marriage than to stay in it after one partner cheats. Spirit, I can't believe you said she "just took it".

One of two things happened here. Either she was incredibly committed to her marriage and vows and wanted to do everything she could to work it out=STRONG. OR she wanted to take the "Ok MF, now you're gonna pay for it for the rest of your LIFE" approach=STRONG! :)

Like I said, I don't love her...I don't agree with her politics. But one thing I DON'T think Hillary Clinton is=weak, at least on a personal level. Now if you wanna talk foreign policy, that's another story.

+1!!!!!!!!

Tyburn
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/05/09/dertzitung.t1larg.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/05/09/c1main.sitroompix.gi.jpg

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/09/religious-paper-cuts-clinton-from-iconic-photo/?hpt=T2

Religious paper cuts Clinton from iconic photo
By Jessica Ravitz, CNN

(CNN) – Faith has outweighed fact at Di Tzeitung, a Hasidic newspaper based in Brooklyn, New York.

The ultra-Orthodox Jewish publication ran a doctored copy of the iconic “Situation Room Photo” last Friday – you know, the one taken of President Barack Obama and his national security team during the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound.

Scrubbed from the picture: the two women in the room.

It’s as if Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, with her hand clasped over her mouth, and Audrey Tomason, director of counterterrorism, weren’t there and weren’t part of history.

The original photo, taken by White House photographer Pete Souza, shows Clinton and Tomason.

The news of this broke Friday when Shmarya Rosenberg, 52, posted a quick piece on his blog Failed Messiah.

Rosenberg, of St. Paul, Minnesota, says he wasn't surprised by the photo doctoring and only posted something about it because "it was a slow news day."

A former ultra-Orthodox Jew, Rosenberg has been writing about the ultra-Orthodox community - mostly about crime and what he dubbed "strange media" - for seven years. He says the newspapers in that community have become "increasingly strange with their censorship of women's faces and women's bodies" over the past few years.

He says readers used to see photos of rabbis with their wives and that there was then a time when the women were blurred. Now, they're just not there.

According to Rabbi Jason Miller, a blogger who picked up the story Sunday for The Jewish Week, Di Tzeitung does not include images of women in print “because it could be considered sexually suggestive.”

Within Judaism, there are a number of denominations - Reform, Conservative, Reconstructionist and modern Orthodox, to name some - and ultra-Orthodox Judaism accounts for just one branch of the faith.

The White House, meantime, attached this disclaimer to the photo when it was released:

This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

"We're not going to comment" on this matter, a White House senior official told CNN.

I think Hillary lied about her posture in this photo.

She claims she was stiffling a cough..No...I'm sorry...she looks like she's seen something Horrific if you ask me...

That there...is proof that someone got killed during the raid :laugh:

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Being that she is in the public eye.. and did nothing.. not even a "speech" as I remember it... then what did she do? Some matters need to be addressed in public..

One of two things happened here. Either she was incredibly committed to her marriage and vows and wanted to do everything she could to work it out=STRONG. OR she wanted to take the "Ok MF, now you're gonna pay for it for the rest of your LIFE" approach=STRONG! :) .

Or a third.. it would have been to much of an inconvenience to take action...

Fair enough.. and I agree .. no foreign policy...

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I think Hillary lied about her posture in this photo.

She claims she was stiffling a cough..No...I'm sorry...she looks like she's seen something Horrific if you ask me...

No one asked you.

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
And before someone goes crying to a mod about me being mean to Dave....

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165207&postcount=13

even screenshot

Primadawn
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
1. Being that she is in the public eye.. and did nothing.. not even a "speech" as I remember it... then what did she do? Some matters need to be addressed in public..

2. Or a third.. it would have been to much of an inconvenience to take action...

3. Fair enough.. and I agree .. no foreign policy...

1. She addressed it publicly multiple times then and since. Google is your friend.

2. That's so ridiculous I don't even know how to respond to it.

Miss Foxy
05-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Cheaters always cheat. As long as she can deal with that, then that's good for them. Just not my taste. Cheat on me once, bye bye.

That's very noble of you. I think its easy for everyone to bash people who forgive a cheating partner. I know I did. I sought religious and private counseling and both were more on the forgive him status. So I did, but I didn't forget and it just dragged on bigger issues and he cheated again. I think Hillary had years vested in her marriage and truly felt they could overcome his foul behavior so I don't knock her for it.

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 07:57 PM
1. She addressed it publicly multiple times then and since. Google is your friend.

Yeah.. "it's a private matter".. pretty much.. well.. don't you think that "many" of her supports deserved.. or at least should have gotten "more".

I mean if she is to be the role model and such...

2. That's so ridiculous I don't even know how to respond to it.

I do..
Hillary was "living the life" and maybe she just didn't want the inconvenience of moving out.. getting a divorce.. or other... why would I think that??? It's not like she has given us much more to go off of...

Tyburn
05-10-2011, 08:20 PM
No one asked you.

:laugh:

One is not amused :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
05-10-2011, 08:47 PM
:laugh:

One is not amused :rolleyes:

I am the One.. and I am amused...

http://images.wikia.com/matrix/images/3/32/Neo.jpg

Tyburn
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I am the One.. and I am amused...

http://images.wikia.com/matrix/images/3/32/Neo.jpg

Nevermind...you need to be British to understand the joke...and also know what I've spent my afternoon doing :laugh:

Primadawn
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah.. "it's a private matter".. pretty much.. well.. don't you think that "many" of her supports deserved.. or at least should have gotten "more".

I mean if she is to be the role model and such...

I do..
Hillary was "living the life" and maybe she just didn't want the inconvenience of moving out.. getting a divorce.. or other... why would I think that??? It's not like she has given us much more to go off of...

Actually she has. She has said repeatedly in multiple outlets that deciding to stay with him was the hardest decision she's ever made, but that she loved him. Were her own political aspirations playing a part in that as well? Probably, IMO. But if they're both willing to stay in their marriage, what is it to any of us?

Do I think any of her supporters or any of the rest of us "deserve" to know more? In a word, no. Not any more than I think any of my co-workers or employers deserve to know anything about my marriage or private life.

Twinsmama
05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Being that she is in the public eye.. and did nothing.. not even a "speech" as I remember it... then what did she do? Some matters need to be addressed in public..

Or a third.. it would have been to much of an inconvenience to take action...

Fair enough.. and I agree .. no foreign policy...

I'm so rolling my eyes thinking you are just trying to get the girls going:laugh: Have you ever been in love with someone? have you ever been hurt by someone? it's a lot harder to walk away when you haven't done anything wrong. It's a terrible thing suffering for somebody else mistakes but some people think marriage is worth it. I don't think I'd put up with it but it doesn't make someone strong or weak for staying. I think what makes someone strong or weak is that they do what is right for them.

I'm sure it's an inconvenience to leave but to think she just took it and smiled is probably not accurate. I don't love my husband for convenience but i'd be lying if i didn't say his money has saved his a$$ a time of two:laugh:

Just for the record if my daughter slapped her cheating husband I would feel like I raised her wrong. I do happen to be old school and believe ladies should act and be treated like ladies.

Primadawn
05-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm so rolling my eyes thinking you are just trying to get the girls going:laugh: Have you ever been in love with someone? have you ever been hurt by someone? it's a lot harder to walk away when you haven't done anything wrong. It's a terrible thing suffering for somebody else mistakes but some people think marriage is worth it. I don't think I'd put up with it but it doesn't make someone strong or weak for staying. I think what makes someone strong or weak is that they do what is right for them.
I'm sure it's an inconvenience to leave but to think she just took it and smiled is probably not accurate. I don't love my husband for convenience but i'd be lying if i didn't say his money has saved his a$$ a time of two:laugh:

Just for the record if my daughter slapped her cheating husband I would feel like I raised her wrong. I do happen to be old school and believe ladies should act and be treated like ladies.

This.

And I think that was what Hillary thought too. Here's a quote from her interview on Tyra Banks's show when asked about the affair and I agree wholeheartedly:
"I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family," Clinton said on the Tyra Banks talk show on Fox television.

"I never doubted Bill's love for me, ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.

"But I had to decide what I ought to do, I think it is so important to be able to hear yourself at a moment when it is hard ... there are so many times when you really have to listen to yourself."

Asked by Banks whether she was embarrassed by the public scrutiny of Clinton's transgression, which eventually led to his impeachment, she said "sure, all of that."

"The momentary feelings -- you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed, all of that goes through your mind.

"I have found you really shouldn't make decisions in the heat of those moments.

Clinton also said she was asked by other women "all the time" about what to do with unfaithful husbands.

"I say you have to be true to yourself, no one story is the same as any other story," she said.

"'I don't know your reality. I cannot possibly substitute my judgment for yours, but what I can tell you is you must be true to yourself, you have to do what is right for you.'"

Bonnie
05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Actually she has. She has said repeatedly in multiple outlets that deciding to stay with him was the hardest decision she's ever made, but that she loved him. Were her own political aspirations playing a part in that as well? Probably, IMO. But if they're both willing to stay in their marriage, what is it to any of us?

Do I think any of her supporters or any of the rest of us "deserve" to know more? In a word, no. Not any more than I think any of my co-workers or employers deserve to know anything about my marriage or private life.

This.

And I think that was what Hillary thought too. Here's a quote from her interview on Tyra Banks's show when asked about the affair and I agree wholeheartedly:
"I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family," Clinton said on the Tyra Banks talk show on Fox television.

"I never doubted Bill's love for me, ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.

"But I had to decide what I ought to do, I think it is so important to be able to hear yourself at a moment when it is hard ... there are so many times when you really have to listen to yourself."

Asked by Banks whether she was embarrassed by the public scrutiny of Clinton's transgression, which eventually led to his impeachment, she said "sure, all of that."

"The momentary feelings -- you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed, all of that goes through your mind.

"I have found you really shouldn't make decisions in the heat of those moments.

Clinton also said she was asked by other women "all the time" about what to do with unfaithful husbands.

"I say you have to be true to yourself, no one story is the same as any other story," she said.

"'I don't know your reality. I cannot possibly substitute my judgment for yours, but what I can tell you is you must be true to yourself, you have to do what is right for you.'"

You ladies said it well, Dawn and Tracy, and so did Hillary. No matter what anyone thinks they would do in that situation, they won't truly know until or unless they're faced with it.

It wasn't just a simple matter of Hillary leaving her cheating husband. That cheating husband just happened to be the President of the United States at the time (of that particular incident :wink:). So in my opinion, anyone who thinks it was a simple decision of her just leaving him is taking a very simplistic view of things....of her reality.

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Nevermind...you need to be British to understand the joke...and also know what I've spent my afternoon doing :laugh:

I understand part of the joke.. but I do NOT want to know the rest.. something I don't think I could erase from my mind...

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm so rolling my eyes thinking you are just trying to get the girls going:laugh: Have you ever been in love with someone? have you ever been hurt by someone? it's a lot harder to walk away when you haven't done anything wrong.

Oh yes.. was living with a girl... actual had money down on a ring... I came home one night... found out she wanted to be with someone else.. and had been..

It sucked.. for all of a couple of hours.. then I realized.. if I was being honest with her... and she was honest with me... then this wouldn't have happened... I knew I was honest.. so it was her... if she wasn't being honest with me.. then what I felt was based on a lie... So the person that I thought I loved didn't even exist.. so it was real simple... and her loss... no big deal.

When you are honest with your feelings and the people your involved with.. there is little reason to have an issue with walking away... simple.

It's a terrible thing suffering for somebody else mistakes but some people think marriage is worth it. I don't think I'd put up with it but it doesn't make someone strong or weak for staying. I think what makes someone strong or weak is that they do what is right for them.

Try not suffering for another person's mistake.. even better... I love my wife.. it hurts how much I actually love her... but if she cheated on me... then she could have never been the person I loved.. if she wasn't.. then why be upset over something that wasn't actually there? To quote one of my favorite Keanu Reeves movies...

"Guilt is like a bag of freaking bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. "

Ouch.

but cheating on your daughter would hardly be acting like a man???

Do/did you teach your daughter to fight back when she is being wronged? Physically or mentally?

Chuck
05-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Oh yes.. was living with a girl... actual had money down on a ring... I came home one night... found out she wanted to be with someone else.. and had been..

It sucked.. for all of a couple of hours.. then I realized.. if I was being honest with her... and she was honest with me... then this wouldn't have happened... I knew I was honest.. so it was her... if she wasn't being honest with me.. then what I felt was based on a lie... So the person that I thought I loved didn't even exist.. so it was real simple... and her loss... no big deal.

When you are honest with your feelings and the people your involved with.. there is little reason to have an issue with walking away... simple.

Try not suffering for another person's mistake.. even better... I love my wife.. it hurts how much I actually love her... but if she cheated on me... then she could have never been the person I loved.. .....
So who exactly do you love? Somebody who's not capable of making a mistake bro?

With regards to your live in girlfriend.... if you were "in love" with her but "got over it" within a few hours I'd hazard a guess that perhaps you weren't being honest with yourself. It seems pretty difficult to believe that you could rebound from something like that within a few hours....

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 03:43 AM
So who exactly do you love? Somebody who's not capable of making a mistake bro?.

Well.. if you consider banging some other guy a mistake... yep. that's who I love...my wife wouldn't do that.. and would put herself in that situation... same as me.. there are a bunch of women that I deal with on a daily basis... man... some of them are hot.. or easy to laugh with.. or a bunch of other things.. but I wouldn't allow myself to be around them enough to become more than friends..

With regards to your live in girlfriend.... if you were "in love" with her but "got over it" within a few hours I'd hazard a guess that perhaps you weren't being honest with yourself. It seems pretty difficult to believe that you could rebound from something like that within a few hours....

Over her.. yeah... easy... what I thought was there.. wasn't...

now "over her" as in .. "why didn't I see that coming.." and why was I so stupid.... yes.. that took awhile..

Twinsmama
05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
but cheating on your daughter would hardly be acting like a man???

Do/did you teach your daughter to fight back when she is being wronged? Physically or mentally?

I agree a cheating man is not what I would consider acting like a man.

I teach both of my kids to know when it's appropriate to fight back. Just because you are being wronged that does not always call for fighting back.

It isn't always as cut and dry as your situation. Sure you moved on but it doesn't sound like you had the option to stay. That could have made your decision easier:laugh:

Spiritwalker
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Just because you are being wronged that does not always call for fighting back.

I would agree with that.. but but there is FIGHTING.. and there is "fighting".. I have a t-shirt that says.. "Fighting Solves Everything" (Thanks Arlovski!).. Most people think that it mean "physical confrontation".. It doesn't.

It isn't always as cut and dry as your situation. Sure you moved on but it doesn't sound like you had the option to stay. That could have made your decision easier:laugh:

I just think that it is that cut and dry.. "she didn't want me any more.. ok.. later..." IMO.. no sense in trying to conveience someone to stay that had the tought of leaving.. and then acted on that thought..