PDA

View Full Version : The Hatchetmen (Llama's band) 1st gig vids

Llamafighter
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey gang,

Here are a few vids from our debut gig here in NY. Chopstix (my wife) got up and sang some Patsy Cline with us which was a real treat. Please check out the vids and I'll post some more.

first gig was really nerve rattling but we survived and actually took a lot of good away from it.

Thanks to everyone that checks these out. Music is one of the things I have a great time doing and trying to learn as much as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hatchetmen2011?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Tv-6jMBwLUg

flo
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Your wife has a beautiful voice, there's a lovely timbre to it. She's a natural! I wish I could sing like that.

Kudos, Llama.

Boomer
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
TOOO WARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

You guys ROCK!! :)

TexasRN
05-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Awesome! She's really good. And the guy sitting next to her doesn't suck either. :tongue0011:

~Amy

Llamafighter
05-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Your wife has a beautiful voice, there's a lovely timbre to it. She's a natural! I wish I could sing like that.

Kudos, Llama.

Thanks Flo!

TOOO WARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

You guys ROCK!! :)
Thanks buddy!

Awesome! She's really good. And the guy sitting next to her doesn't suck either. :tongue0011:

~Amy
:laugh::laugh: thanks Amy!

Chuck
05-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Job well done Mark!!!

Llamafighter
05-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Job well done Mark!!!

Thanks, Chuck!

Neezar
05-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Love it! Love the anklet, too. :laugh:

J.B.
05-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Rock and Roll Llama!!! :cool:

First gigs are a pain, but you guys have a great sound. The more you play, and play out, the more your comfort level will rise just like anything in life. Good luck and always have fun with it (that's really why we all play music in the first place weather we know it or not) :)

Bonnie
05-04-2011, 06:29 AM

~Amy

:laugh:

I agree! Both of you are sooo talented, Mark. :applause:

You're soo observant, Denise! I totally missed that! :laugh:

Llamafighter
05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

:laugh: Good eye!

Rock and Roll Llama!!! :cool:

First gigs are a pain, but you guys have a great sound. The more you play, and play out, the more your comfort level will rise just like anything in life. Good luck and always have fun with it (that's really why we all play music in the first place weather we know it or not) :)

Yeah those jitters were like nothing I ever experienced in a play or musical. It's so addictive though. thanks for the encouragment man!

:ninja:will you link to it on "Rattlesnakemma?" :laugh::laugh::tongue0011:

Llamafighter
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
:laugh:

I agree! Both of you are sooo talented, Mark. :applause:

You're soo observant, Denise! I totally missed that! :laugh:

Thanks Bonnie!

yeah she's a little too observant if you ask me:laugh:

flo
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
thanks for the encouragment man!

:ninja:will you link to it on "Rattlesnakemma? :laugh::laugh::tongue0011:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Llamafighter
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Hm35yZJQI&feature=feedlik

Here's my rendition of Johnny's rendition of Trent Reznars' song 'Hurt"

Bonnie
05-05-2011, 04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Hm35yZJQI&feature=feedlik

Here's my rendition of Johnny's rendition of Trent Reznars' song 'Hurt"

Good job, Mark! :cool:

I'm so glad you did Johnny's rendition. I went and listened to Trent Reznor's version, but it's just not the same. I saw this comment from someone: "Trent Reznor was meant to write that song; Johnny Cash was meant to sing it." I agree. :)

Look forward to more... Maybe one of you and Chopstix doing one that Johnny and June duoed. :w00t:

Neezar
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
:laugh: Good eye!

I love watching live music. The locals are sometimes as much fun to watch as concerts. It is much more personal, too. I can't carry a tune in a bucket nor can I play any kind of instrument. Maybe that is why I love watching people make music. I enjoy watching their mannerisms, too. Like I don't know if your wife was nervous but I noticed her hand movements first. Does she move them more when she is more comfortable? I like little things like that. lol. One of my favorite musicians was a local lead guitarist who (we used to joke) couldn't play a note if you wired his mouth shut. He didn't sing much just had weird mouth movements when he played. :laugh:

So yeah, when I watch musicians I really watch the musicians. :laugh:

Llamafighter
05-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I love watching live music. The locals are sometimes as much fun to watch as concerts. It is much more personal, too. I can't carry a tune in a bucket nor can I play any kind of instrument. Maybe that is why I love watching people make music. I enjoy watching their mannerisms, too. Like I don't know if your wife was nervous but I noticed her hand movements first. Does she move them more when she is more comfortable? I like little things like that. lol. One of my favorite musicians was a local lead guitarist who (we used to joke) couldn't play a note if you wired his mouth shut. He didn't sing much just had weird mouth movements when he played. :laugh:

So yeah, when I watch musicians I really watch the musicians. :laugh:

Hahaha!

My wife makes fun of me cause I do that too. Usually when I'm trying ot play any type of percussion.
Well thanks for watching!

I uploaded another Chopstix video and "Cripple Creek".
I'm mostly happy with how C turned out. for some reason I totally spaced on my harmonies in the first chorus. thankfully there are 8 more to get it right:)

Bonnie
05-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Hahaha!

My wife makes fun of me cause I do that too. Usually when I'm trying ot play any type of percussion.
Well thanks for watching!

I uploaded another Chopstix video and "Cripple Creek".
I'm mostly happy with how C turned out. for some reason I totally spaced on my harmonies in the first chorus. thankfully there are 8 more to get it right:)

Did you forget to post it? Or is it "coming soon"? :unsure-1:

Llamafighter
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Did you forget to post it? Or is it "coming soon"? :unsure-1:

:laugh: it's up there the order is all jacked up. sorry I'm working it.

DonnaMaria
05-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey gang,

Here are a few vids from our debut gig here in NY. Chopstix (my wife) got up and sang some Patsy Cline with us which was a real treat. Please check out the vids and I'll post some more.

first gig was really nerve rattling but we survived and actually took a lot of good away from it.

Thanks to everyone that checks these out. Music is one of the things I have a great time doing and trying to learn as much as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hatchetmen2011?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Tv-6jMBwLUg

Loved it loved it loved it!!!!!:happydancing:

Fantastic! What a lovely voice your wife has!

And your face was priceless at the :24 mark when you looked at her! So sweet! :ashamed:

And then you had me rolling at the 1:53 mark after you did your solo! That was a tough part! I thought it was awesome but apparently you didn't think so!:laugh: Your face gave you away!

I'll be in NYC for two weeks in mid July and then again in early August! I would love to come and hear you live! :w00t:

Llamafighter
05-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Loved it loved it loved it!!!!!:happydancing:

Fantastic! What a lovely voice your wife has!

And your face was priceless at the :24 mark when you looked at her! So sweet! :ashamed:

And then you had me rolling at the 1:53 mark after you did your solo! That was a tough part! I thought it was awesome but apparently you didn't think so!:laugh: Your face gave you away!

I'll be in NYC for two weeks in mid July and then again in early August! I would love to come and hear you live! :w00t:

:laugh::laugh:
AWESOME! thanks :) yeah the solo was a mess...

Neezar
05-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you guys do "Old Man" by Neil Young?

Llamafighter
05-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Do you guys do "Old Man" by Neil Young?

Not yet but we have a list of songs to learn and I think it's on there. I like Neil Young.