PDA

View Full Version : Here come the Milk Police!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-03-2011, 01:05 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/

rockdawg21
05-03-2011, 02:33 PM
How stupid!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-03-2011, 11:44 PM
How stupid!

Stupid and heavy handed was my thought! I guess they ain't got anything else to do? You know like seal the border,fix the economy,shut down meth labs or any other such thing that may actually be useful.

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 01:41 AM
They broke a law that is on the books. Had they not crossed state lines, it may not have been a problem.

Can we pick and choose which laws we obey?

rockdawg21
05-04-2011, 03:13 AM
They broke a law that is on the books. Had they not crossed state lines, it may not have been a problem.

Can we pick and choose which laws we obey?
I hear ya Buzzard, it just seems like such a silly thing when there are much bigger issues at hand.

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Stupid and heavy handed was my thought! I guess they ain't got anything else to do? You know like seal the border,fix the economy,shut down meth labs or any other such thing that may actually be useful.

What if the FDA looked the other way, and a big outbreak of E.Coli or Salmonella happened and killed numerous people throughout numerous states? Here's what would happen. Outrage at the incompetence of the FDA for allowing that to happen.

Don't you think our police force can do numerous tasks at the same time? How would you feel if your family got tainted milk and it could have been prevented?

If you think the laws need to change, heck write your congressperson. You've done that before I believe, you can do it again.

rockdawg21
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
What if the FDA looked the other way, and a big outbreak of E.Coli or Salmonella happened and killed numerous people throughout numerous states? Here's what would happen. Outrage at the incompetence of the FDA for allowing that to happen.

Don't you think our police force can do numerous tasks at the same time? How would you feel if your family got tainted milk and it could have been prevented?

If you think the laws need to change, heck write your congressperson. You've done that before I believe, you can do it again.
I think that's a little overblown. Anybody with half a brain knows if they are buying milk from the Amish that it's not pasteurized, that's the whole idea; some people love it!

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 03:50 AM
I think that's a little overblown. Anybody with half a brain knows if they are buying milk from the Amish that it's not pasteurized, that's the whole idea; some people love it!

Again, that's not the point. Since it's not pasteurized, these outbreaks could occur without knowing where the milk went. How many times within the past couple years have there been major recalls due to E.Coli and other food contaminants? Quite a few at my last count. Again, crossing state lines violated ICC laws.

It sucks, hopefully things can work out for all those involved.

Rev
05-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Gotta go with Buzz on this one. I think its lame, but the law is the law.

rockdawg21
05-04-2011, 04:11 AM
Again, that's not the point. Since it's not pasteurized, these outbreaks could occur without knowing where the milk went. How many times within the past couple years have there been major recalls due to E.Coli and other food contaminants? Quite a few at my last count. Again, crossing state lines violated ICC laws.

It sucks, hopefully things can work out for all those involved.
Agreed. Could be the next superbug as E.Coli has developed new strains in recent years and will continue to do so.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I think its a stupid law in the first place! The guys customers asked for unpasteurized milk!