PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden Is Dead!

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
They just broke in and are saying Osama Bin is dead and in U.S. hands. I'm not sure of what's what yet, but it's all over the tv right now!

Chuck
05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Story breaking as we speak. Details to follow soon.

This is going to get interesting..........

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I just posted this in Politics! I don't think it hurts to have it there and here, but a mod can combine them--I don't care! :laugh:

Chuck
05-02-2011, 02:58 AM
I just posted this in Politics! I don't think it hurts to have it there and here, but a mod can combine them--I don't care! :laugh:

LOL... if you look at the time stamp it looks like we posted this at the exact same time!

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:00 AM
LOL... if you look at the time stamp it looks like we posted this at the exact same time!

I know, I was just checking that! :laugh:

flo
05-02-2011, 03:03 AM
We're waiting for the press conference, Bonnie. Obama is supposed to speak momentarily.

I haven't heard any other details either but I'm so happy we (the US) got him and apparently the DNA tests confirm it is him. Our military is AWESOME and has my thanks and gratitude.

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Do we know it was us (the U.S) who actually killed him, Flo? :unsure-1:

Chuck
05-02-2011, 03:06 AM

Well clearly my thread is getting more action :tongue0011:

but I'm a gentleman so ladies first... if a MOD want's to delete mine I'm fine with that. :wink:

flo
05-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Do we know it was us (the U.S) who actually killed him, Flo? :unsure-1:
Yes, the US have his remains. The latest is that he was killed in a mansion in Islamabad, Pakistan, along with other family members.

Chuck
05-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Sure is quiet in here............ :Whistle:

Chuck
05-02-2011, 03:11 AM
A few very early news reports........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/

The AP is reporting he was killed over a week ago in a mansion... possibly in Pakistan. :blink:

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Sure is quiet in here............ :Whistle:

It took you long enough! :fryingpan: :laugh:

Your thread is probably going to get more hits, heck I've already been in there two or three times myself :laugh:, because quite a few people don't venture in the Politics forum. :wink:

Too bad you're not a mod with merging power! :tongue0011:

:laugh:

Buzzard
05-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Yeah, the Obama administration did it in under 3 years when the Bush administration couldn't do it in 8.:ninja: :laugh:

Oh yeah!

Now what will happen to fill the void left by him? Do you think that there will be repercussions?

Chuck
05-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah, the Obama administration did it in under 3 years when the Bush administration couldn't do it in 8.:ninja: :laugh:

Oh yeah!

Now what will happen to fill the void left by him? Do you think that there will be repercussions?

Typical liberal..... watches the conservatives do all the work then swoops in at the end to try and take credit. :D

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:19 AM

but I'm a gentleman so ladies first... if a MOD want's to delete mine I'm fine with that. :wink:

Don't gloat, it's unbecoming a gentleman! :laugh: Yeah, I was just mentioning in MY thread, if only you had mod "merging" power, we could take care of this. :wink:

A few very early news reports........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/

The AP is reporting he was killed over a week ago in a mansion... possibly in Pakistan. :blink:

Wow, you've got links! Nice! :laugh:

They probably had to wait for the DNA to come in before breaking the news.

Chuck
05-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Don't gloat, it's unbecoming a gentleman! :laugh: Yeah, I was just mentioning in MY thread, if only you had mod "merging" power, we could take care of this. :wink:

Wow, you've got links! Nice! :laugh:

They probably had to wait for the DNA to come in before breaking the news.

Links to stories about absolutely nothing! But hey... it's a link right??? :D

Buzzard
05-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Typical liberal..... watches the conservatives do all the work then swoops in at the end to try and take credit. :D

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Great irony for me because I shot an AK for the first time ever today and come home from a day in the country, turn on the tv and see Bin Laden shotting an AK with the title "Bin Laden Killed." DAMUM! That's what happened to that shot that hit the ground. :laugh:

But seriously, a family tonight that awaits a call of safety from their solider will get a call that their solider has become a hero all over the world and deservingly so.

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Hey, if y'all are going to fight, go to Chuck's thread! :laugh:

No, seriously, it doesn't matter "whose administration"! What matters is that wicked evil man is finally dead!

I guess we'll have to wait and see if/what repercussions there will be.

Buzzard
05-02-2011, 03:41 AM

No, seriously, it doesn't matter "whose administration"! What matters is that wicked evil man is finally dead!

I know it doesn't matter, but I saw the shot and took it.:laugh:

I just saw the other night where they got rid of the terror alert colors and changed it to two categories. Looks like it will be at level 2 of 2 now. I can just imagine TSA going crazy now at the airports.

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 03:42 AM
He was in Pakistan! OMG. Who think this is also where Iran's WMD's are hiding?

flo
05-02-2011, 03:48 AM

Right on the money, Bonnie.

But seriously, a family tonight that awaits a call of safety from their solider will get a call that their solider has become a hero all over the world and deservingly so.

That's a great thought. God Bless our troops.

Buzzard
05-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Just heard GWB's statement to Obama. It was quite good.

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Just heard GWB's statement to Obama. It was quite good.

Where, what channel are you watching that on?

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 04:02 AM
He was in Pakistan! OMG. Who think this is also where Iran's WMD's are hiding?

Yeah, the President made sure to let us know Pakistan assisted us, but I can't help but feel they could have given us a lot more "help" a lot sooner! But, I'm just going to be thankful that we finally got him!

Mark
05-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Any details on what team went in to get him and how many?

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 04:57 AM

The President just said a small group of our guys went in, firefight, killed him and took possession of his body.

Play The Man
05-02-2011, 05:37 AM
I read it was a CIA team flying in on helicopters. Bin Laden was shot in the head, his son was killed as was a third unidentified man. Bin Laden's body was recovered. I'm sure you will be glad to know that the body is being "handled in accordance with Islamic traditions".:rolleyes: Personally, I'd prefer the old Pershing treatment: stitch his remains up in a pigskin before throwing it in a pit.

flo
05-02-2011, 06:13 AM
I read it was a CIA team flying in on helicopters. Bin Laden was shot in the head, his son was killed as was a third unidentified man. Bin Laden's body was recovered. I'm sure you will be glad to know that the body is being "handled in accordance with Islamic traditions".:rolleyes: Personally, I'd prefer the old Pershing treatment: stitch his remains up in a pigskin before throwing it in a pit.

Are you serious, PTM? Didn't Obama say in his speech that UBL wasn't a muslim, that he was a murderer of muslims?

I think they need to display it like Saddam's sons but I don't think that will happen now. There is a photo, Pakistani TV has already broadcast it.

Also, I heard the op was carried out by Navy Seals. I also heard that a woman was killed that UBL or his son was using as a shield.

flo
05-02-2011, 06:18 AM
It's great seeing the crowds outside the White House and at Times Square.

The AP has released the photo of UBL, here is a link to the article.

Graphic Image. (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_17972189)

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 07:06 AM
It's great seeing the crowds outside the White House and at Times Square.

The AP has released the photo of UBL, here is a link to the article.

Graphic Image. (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_17972189)

The photo is disturbing, but then I remember watching people jump to their deaths from the twin towers when faced with being burned alive and that was horrifying.

It is good to see the people gathered in NY City especially where the towers were and to hear what some of the policemen and firefighters who were there that day think about this day. :)

Maldonado136
05-02-2011, 07:20 AM
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3755/uhd.png

Tyburn
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
...are we sure he's dead :huh:

VCURamFan
05-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Man, what fantastic news to wake up to!!! :happydancing:

Spiritwalker
05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Man, what fantastic news to wake up to!!! :happydancing:

I couldn't agree more!!

County Mike
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Very glad to hear he's dead but I can't help being a little skeptical about how true it is. Buried at sea means there's no way it can ever be confirmed by an outside investigator.

Can gas prices go down now?

rearnakedchoke
05-02-2011, 11:32 AM
good job on the teams from US and Pakistan that got the guy .. and congrats to Obama as well .... he probably just got himself another four years in the white house .... woo hooooooo

Neezar
05-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Not anymore. :tongue0011:

Spiritwalker
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
good job on the teams from US and Pakistan that got the guy .. and congrats to Obama as well .... he probably just got himself another four years in the white house .... woo hooooooo

party pooper...

rearnakedchoke
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Very glad to hear he's dead but I can't help being a little skeptical about how true it is. Buried at sea means there's no way it can ever be confirmed by an outside investigator.

well, they did take dna tests ... if they buried him on land, there would have been tributes and such to him .. i guess they can still do it, but it doesn't give and obvious place to do it

Twinsmama
05-02-2011, 12:32 PM
they retracted the photo stating they can't confirm it's him.

i'm a little skeptical too. it's kinda weird that obama just released a birth certificate AND OBL was killed. If nothing else i agree it's probably going to get him re elected.

i find it very insulting that if they had his body they are respecting his beliefs in how to handle the body. really did he respect the people that jumped to their death while thinking of their family? or the ones that had an empty casket of just parts of them in there?

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM

I've heard Navy Seals but I'm pretty sure it was actually Boomer. Alone. :laugh:

~Amy

Spiritwalker
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I've heard Navy Seals but I'm pretty sure it was actually Boomer. Alone. :laugh:

~Amy

Couldn't have been Boomer... he would have brought his head back on a pike..

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM

~Amy

I need an emoticon where a smiliey is banding it's hands and feet on the floor and it laughig itself tot tears for that one.

To Mark, news reports 24 Navy Seals, been watching to compound since August. A woman was used as a human shield (capped her butt too). 2 choppers went in but 1 was disabled and had to be distroyed on site. I guess so it could not be recovered and used against us. masses of intelligence recovered.

i am kind of wondering why in the hell they dumped him at sea. maybe after 24 seals pissed on his dead body the smell was too bad to keep on board.

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Couldn't have been Boomer... he would have brought his head back on a pike..

Put it up in his house kid David did Goliath.

Spiritwalker
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
i am kind of wondering why in the hell they dumped him at sea. maybe after 24 seals pissed on his dead body the smell was too bad to keep on board.

THIS!!!

NateR
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I know it doesn't matter, but I saw the shot and took it.:laugh:

I just saw the other night where they got rid of the terror alert colors and changed it to two categories. Looks like it will be at level 2 of 2 now. I can just imagine TSA going crazy now at the airports.

I can imagine that some terrorist cell out there is planning retaliatory attacks. I'm also pretty sure that we'll see a pre-recorded video of Bin Laden within the next few days to try to convince everyone that he's still alive.

Plus, I have no doubts that a certain somebody is going to try to take credit for this in their reelection campaign. :Whistle:

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I can imagine that some terrorist cell out there is planning retaliatory attacks. I'm also pretty sure that we'll see a pre-recorded video of Bin Laden within the next few days to try to convince everyone that he's still alive.

Plus, I have no doubts that a certain somebody is going to try to take credit for this in their reelection campaign. :Whistle:

Already people are saying that "Obama killed Osama" but um that's ridiculous. It was the men and women in the armed forces who carried out the intelligence gathering and then a specialized team was sent in and THEY killed him. Obama was at home wit his wife and kids. I feel it is a slap in the face of the men and women fighting this war on terror and to their families whom they have left behind here in the States (multiple times in some cases) to claim that Obama killed Osama.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
This is great for our country and also other countries who has suffered devastating attacks. This should be a time as our nation celebrating not once again attacking the President or the ex-President. It also makes me scared, because there are so many people just like Bin Laden willing to be the new leader. :sad: Tough times ahead.

billwilliams70
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
They just broke in and are saying Osama Bin is dead and in U.S. hands. I'm not sure of what's what yet, but it's all over the tv right now!
Story breaking as we speak. Details to follow soon.

This is going to get interesting..........
You both should get a medal for that. :)

Later.

Primadawn
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Not to sound like a whacky conspiracy theorist...but this whole thing looks odd. :unsure:

billwilliams70
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM

It happened under his watch, the same way that Saddam Hussein was captured, tried, and executed under the command of President Bush. Uday & Qusay were killed in a raid much the same way that Osama bin Laden was, and that happened under President Bush's watch as well....and these moments in history will always be tied to the legacy of the Commander in Chief at the time.

I'm not an Obama supporter, nor am I a hater.....we all know that neither Bush nor Obama were on the ground when the raid's happened and that it's the forces on the ground that are directly responsible for it. However, both Presidents acted on intelligence that they received to order the missions.

Later.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm glad Bin Laden is dead! Our SEALS apparently done a great job despite the jerk in the White House!

billwilliams70
05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Not to sound like a whacky conspiracy theorist...but this whole thing looks odd. :unsure:
How?

Later.

Primadawn
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM
How?

Later.

I dunno...the whole thing. They plastered pics of Saddam and his sons all over the place when they were killed, but no pic of Osama? And a quick dump over the side of the ship where nothing further can be questioned? I mean I understand the whole burial at sea idea--no shrine for crazy jihadists to go to...but I don't know. Something just feels "off" to me.

Same feeling I got when the whole Susan Smith thing came out. I had been a mother for exactly 48 hours and I knew someone would have had to kill me to make me leave my baby in that car...so when she was on the news saying that, my BS meter went off. Just like it is now...

Maybe it's just because details are so sketchy right now and once they're available I'll understand...it's just a weird feeling I get right now.

billwilliams70
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I dunno...the whole thing. They plastered pics of Saddam and his sons all over the place when they were killed, but no pic of Osama? And a quick dump over the side of the ship where nothing further can be questioned? I mean I understand the whole burial at sea idea--no shrine for crazy jihadists to go to...but I don't know. Something just feels "off" to me.

Same feeling I got when the whole Susan Smith thing came out. I had been a mother for exactly 48 hours and I knew someone would have had to kill me to make me leave my baby in that car...so when she was on the news saying that, my BS meter went off. Just like it is now...

Maybe it's just because details are so sketchy right now and once they're available I'll understand...it's just a weird feeling I get right now.
Fair enough.

Later.

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Any leak on intelligence could put people in danger. I am sure we will get briefed soon.

CAVEMAN
05-02-2011, 04:37 PM

I totally agree! I'm a doubting Thomas right now!

flo
05-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Picture here, scroll down (http://newsnet7.wordpress.com/2011/05/)

Looks like him to me. Only with lots of bullet holes.

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Darn its blocked from my work PC!!!!!!!! I am morbid I love dead bodies...

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
The reason his body was given a sea burial. No country would claim it and due to Islamic law the body must be rid of within 24hrs and a sea burial was ok. The US followed proper burial procedure.. Now he is shark food..

Neezar
05-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Sorry but that isn't a dead body. :unsure-1: Dead men can't scrunch their face up.

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry but that isn't a dead body. :unsure-1: Dead men can't scrunch their face up.

The real photos have not yet been released. These photos are circulating now, but Defense Dept. says they are old edited photos that have been around for a while. We are trying to find the real photos for you now.

This is what the site says right above the picture.

~Amy

billwilliams70
05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
The reason his body was given a sea burial. No country would claim it and due to Islamic law the body must be rid of within 24hrs and a sea burial was ok. The US followed proper burial procedure.. Now he is shark food..
"Megatron was dropped into the ocean.....we all know how that turned out." ~ Tommy Johnagin.

Later.

Neezar
05-02-2011, 06:09 PM

~Amy

And this

Usama bin Laden-Dead Body Pictures are Fake CAUTION Graphic Photos (http://newsnet7.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/usama-bin-laden-dead-body-pictures-are-fake-caution-graphic-photos/)

right above that. :ashamed:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just wanted to see the gore!

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
And this

Usama bin Laden-Dead Body Pictures are Fake CAUTION Graphic Photos (http://newsnet7.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/usama-bin-laden-dead-body-pictures-are-fake-caution-graphic-photos/)

:laugh: I looked too. More than once. :ashamed:

~Amy

REMY
05-02-2011, 06:45 PM

SEAL Team 6 out of Little Creek VA. from what I understand with some CIA help.

On the burial at sea, I understand his body was offered to a few countries but all refused it so that's why it was done at sea.

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
SEAL Team 6 out of Little Creek VA. from what I understand with some CIA help.

On the burial at sea, I understand his body was offered to a few countries but all refused it so that's why it was done at sea.

We'll I get dumping him at sea. What good does it do for his body to be here? We all want to see it as proof but as far as security that won't help us. Islamics will just use it as a way to insight more support for him not being buried. I'm guessing even with those who will question his DNA there are 24 men out of Little Creeak who have proof. Hopefully one has two round objects in a jar as proof and I don't mean his eyes. :ninja:

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM

I must admit, when they flashed the news last night that his body had already been buried at sea, I wondered too, Dawn and Bill. For now, unless anything comes out to disprove it, I'll accept it at face value. I'm glad there won't be a burial place on land for them to make a shrine out of it!

rearnakedchoke
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I must admit, when they flashed the news last night that his body had already been buried at sea, I wondered too, Dawn and Bill. I guess unless anything comes out to disprove it, I'll accept it at face value. I'm glad there won't be a burial place on land for them to make a shrine out of it!

they said they have pictures and are considering releasing them ... i am sure the american public will want to see them ... we probably wouldn't have seen pics of saddam either if it weren't for someone sneaking in a cellphone camera and leaking video of his dead body ...

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I must admit, when they flashed the news last night that his body had already been buried at sea, I wondered too, Dawn and Bill. For now, unless anything comes out to disprove it, I'll accept it at face value. I'm glad there won't be a burial place on land for them to make a shrine out of it!

Yes even better. And im sorry this f*cker didn't even deserve his stupid muslim crap ceremony! They washed his body, put it in a white sheet, read crap and had it translated, then dropped his body off the ship all within 1 hr. I am happy none of the Arab nations would claim his body!! Big victory!!

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think it's a conspiracy. If Osama wasn't dead and Obama claimed he was but everyone found out later that he lied about it, it would be a HUGE PR nightmare for him. He wouldn't risk it. I think the timing just worked out this way and our intelligence was finally able to be confirmed enough to take the risk of sending in this elite force to overtake the compound and get the SOB.

~Amy

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
It happened under his watch, the same way that Saddam Hussein was captured, tried, and executed under the command of President Bush. Uday & Qusay were killed in a raid much the same way that Osama bin Laden was, and that happened under President Bush's watch as well....and these moments in history will always be tied to the legacy of the Commander in Chief at the time.

I'm not an Obama supporter, nor am I a hater.....we all know that neither Bush nor Obama were on the ground when the raid's happened and that it's the forces on the ground that are directly responsible for it. However, both Presidents acted on intelligence that they received to order the missions.

Later.

:happy0159:

God bless all of you, Bill.

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think it's a conspiracy. If Osama wasn't dead and Obama claimed he was but everyone found out later that he lied about it, it would be a HUGE PR nightmare for him. He wouldn't risk it. I think the timing just worked out this way and our intelligence was finally able to be confirmed enough to take the risk of sending in this elite force to overtake the compound and get the SOB.

~Amy

Good point, Amy! :laugh: It's not that I don't think he's dead; it was the news that they had already disposed of his body at sea that got my internal radar dinging.

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Good point, Amy! :laugh: It's not that I don't think he's dead; it was the news that they had already disposed of his body at sea that got my internal radar dinging.

Yeah, the burial is going to cause some folks to worry and question but I really think that the govt officials were trying to do everything as close to culturally sensitive as they could. It wouldn't do to have all of the Muslims of the world mad at America for mistreating the body. It was a lose-lose situation for them in this case.

~Amy

flo
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
And this

~Amy

Sorry guys, they keep updating the info. I should have waited to post until it's confirmed.

Like Miss F, I think they should show pictures of the body like they did when our troops got Saddams murdering sons. It puts us in a place of strength in the eyes of the islamofascists and the message is "mess with us and here's what will happen".

Anyway, bravo to our Navy Seals, all other military involved in this op, and to the BO administration for giving the go ahead to take him out. Nice sig pic, Melissa!

Bonnie
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah, the burial is going to cause some folks to worry and question but I really think that the govt officials were trying to do everything as close to culturally sensitive as they could. It wouldn't do to have all of the Muslims of the world mad at America for mistreating the body. It was a lose-lose situation for them in this case.

~Amy

I know, I know, we MUST ALWAYS be "sensitive". :wink: If it weren't for what those crazy @$$es might do, I think they should have strapped some explosives to his dead body and blown him to pieces and video-taped it! They seem to like to show videos of their heinous acts; how many times do you think they played those planes flying into those towers and the towers coming down to their terrorist recruits. It would have been nice to give them a taste of their own medicine. But, I know we can't. :wink:

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry guys, they keep updating the info. I should have waited to post until it's confirmed.

Like Miss F, I think they should show pictures of the body like they did when our troops got Saddams murdering sons. It puts us in a place of strength in the eyes of the islamofascists and the message is "mess with us and here's what will happen".

Anyway, bravo to our Navy Seals, all other military involved in this op, and to the BO administration for giving the go ahead to take him out.

No worries. Denise and I are both sick puppies who will look at any and all gory pictures posted. :laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM

Anyway, bravo to our Navy Seals, all other military involved in this op, and to the BO administration for giving the go ahead to take him out. Nice sig pic, Melissa!

Thanks! I am of Navy blood! I also used to literally live less than a mile from where the Seals go to training when becoming a Seal. Next to NAB in Coronado Island San Diego...Some tough guys and I commend them!!

TexasRN
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I know, I know, we MUST always be "sensitive". :wink: If it weren't for what those crazy @$$es might do, I think they should have strapped some explosives to his dead body and blown him to pieces and video-taped it! They seem to like to show videos of their heinous acts; how many times do you think they played those planes flying into those towers and the towers coming down to their terrorist recruits. It would have been nice to give them a taste of their own medicine. But, I know we can't. :wink:

I'd like to let a pack of wild dogs eat his remains on video but hey, that's just me. I can see why the situation must be handled appropriately. Plus, there's the whole issue of: we're better people than they are. *sigh* It sure sucks being the good guys sometimes. :laugh:

~Amy

Rev
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't believe they are speaking the name of team six like they are. They have been under the radar for over 20 years and have only been used when the situations could be kept very quiet. Team six is one of the most elite units on the planet. The first CO was a STUD named Dick Marcinko. Dig into the history of team six and Marcinko and you will be amazed.
War SEALs!!!!!

BamaGrits84
05-02-2011, 08:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_bin_laden_sea_burial

Have they lost their effin minds?

Miss Foxy
05-02-2011, 09:07 PM

He has no rights when he masterminded those attacks on our country he was stripped of them and is lucky they did that! I am glad one of my fellow Jordanian's agreed the burial was fine..:laugh: "Osama may you rot in hell"..love Foxy

J.B.
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
I can't believe they are speaking the name of team six like they are. They have been under the radar for over 20 years and have only been used when the situations could be kept very quiet. Team six is one of the most elite units on the planet. The first CO was a STUD named Dick Marcinko. Dig into the history of team six and Marcinko and you will be amazed.
War SEALs!!!!!

The Rogue Warrior is an animal. I always found Marcinko to be fascinating.

Good riddance to Osama too. I'm glad we finally got him, but when the news was announced last night it didn't really stir up as much emotion in me as I figured it would. He's been like a ghost this entire time, and I'm sure there are already people saying it's not really him that they killed and he is still alive, or that he's been dead for a long time and the joke is on us. Regardless, he's become such a spectacle that his death will likely just spawn more hate-driven young minds into acts of violent terrorism (which would have happened either way I guess, so it's still better that he's dead, lol)

County Mike
05-03-2011, 01:44 AM
They should have buried him face down in a mountain of sh*t. Screw their beliefs. He didn't care about ours.

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 02:08 AM
They should have buried him face down in a mountain of sh*t. Screw their beliefs. He didn't care about ours.

+1

Bonnie
05-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Does anybody else find it incredible that Osama was living in Pakistan and the Pakistan government had no clue he was right there. I heard that that mansion/compound was built for Osama with his money in 2005. They also mentioned what former Pakistan President General Musharraf had to say about us crossing the Pakistani border to get him..."it was a violation of Pakistan sovereignty". I say, deal with it dirtbag! :angry: It really ticks me off the billions of dollars we've paid Pakistan for their "help" in finding Osama and he's probably been in Pakistan most of this time I bet. :angry:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/2/musharraf-bin-laden-mission-violated-pakistan/

The Washington Times
10:56 a.m., Monday, May 2, 2011

Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Monday accused the U.S. of violating his country’s sovereignty by sending in special forces to kill Osama bin Laden.

“American troops coming across the border and taking action in one of our towns, that is Abbottabad, is not acceptable to the people of Pakistan. It is a violation of our sovereignty,” Mr. Musharraf told CNN-IBN, an Indian news channel.

He added that it would have been “far better if Pakistani Special Services Group had operated and conducted the mission. To that extent, the modality of handling it and executing the operation is not correct.”

Bin Laden was killed Sunday in a firefight with Navy SEALs in a million-dollar, fortified compound located in an affluent neighborhood in Abbottabad, about a two-hour drive from Pakistan’s capital, Islamabad.

Senior U.S. officials, who briefed reporters early Monday, said the Obama administration did not inform Pakistani authorities of the mission until after it was concluded.

Mr. Musharraf said the “lack of trust is very bad.”

“If two organizations [are] conducting an operation against a common enemy, there has to be trust and confidence in each other,” he said.

Pakistan is “totally on board” on fighting al Qaeda and Taliban.

Mr. Musharraf said it was possible that some local Pakistanis had colluded with bin Laden.

“A battle has been won, but the war continues,” Mr. Musharraf said, warning that “al Qaeda is still there.”

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 02:50 AM
...And that's how the United States of America outdoes a Royal Wedding!

County Mike
05-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that if we informed the Pakistani government of his whereabouts to let them perform the mission, it somehow would have failed and Osama would be on the run again.

BamaGrits84
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that if we informed the Pakistani government of his whereabouts to let them perform the mission, it somehow would have failed and Osama would be on the run again.

It absolutely would have. President Obama said something about "with their help" but by help I think he must mean the 2 Pakistan guards outside after we got out of there. I saw a report that this house was 6 times larger than every other house in the area. They aren't stupid. They figured with Bush leaving and a liberal coming in (which most people knew would happen with the state of the economy and so many looking for a handout) they wouldn't get pushed to be accountable. How much money have we spent supporting them? Don't they have oil fields?

Miss Foxy
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
It absolutely would have. President Obama said something about "with their help" but by help I think he must mean the 2 Pakistan guards outside after we got out of there. I saw a report that this house was 6 times larger than every other house in the area. They aren't stupid. They figured with Bush leaving and a liberal coming in (which most people knew would happen with the state of the economy and so many looking for a handout) they wouldn't get pushed to be accountable. How much money have we spent supporting them? Don't they have oil fields?

The compound was also close to a Pakistani military training facility. Like literally close!!.. Sounds fishy to me, but mission accomplished regardless and I am glad they did not inform Pakistan until the very end the operation would have been a no-go.. kudos to our military and yes, our Commander in Chief for his part.

flo
05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
The compound was also close to a Pakistani military training facility. Like literally close!!.. Sounds fishy to me, but mission accomplished regardless and I am glad they did not inform Pakistan until the very end the operation would have been a no-go.. kudos to our military and yes, our Commander in Chief for his part.

+1 Totally agree, Miss F.

Dethbob
05-03-2011, 05:35 PM

+1

That’s funny!

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 05:44 PM

~Amy

:laugh: I think so too :laugh:

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Later.

President Bush has Saddam Hussian Captured, and Tried, and Sentanced. The whole world saw this on TV and Video.

President Obama claims he had Osama Killed...but there is actually no physical evidence presented to the public...a night raid, a house next door to a pro-western military base, Body dumped at sea....and on the eve of a President about to perish at a general ellection.

I dont trust Barack Obama...I dont think we should be expected to trust politicians full stop. Where is the video of this firefight, that they were supposedly watching at the time it happened? Why wasnt the body presented to the press on board the ship before it was dumped??

My point is not that we shouldnt commend a particular President for their troops performance under their Administration...my point is...are we SURE their is anything to commend? are we SURE that Osama hasnt been dead for ten years? killed in those caves? body never recovered...and all his videos and audios are the work of myth makers for his Martyredom??

Are we SURE??

I HOPE all is as claimed...but I am have to tell you, I aint Sure. I aint Sure he's dead, and I aint sure anyone under Obamas command Killed him.

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 05:57 PM

the one that says "the real pictures have not been circulated, but these are doing the rounds..." ???

Thats not evidence of anything but photoshop :laugh:

BamaGrits84
05-03-2011, 06:01 PM
President Bush has Saddam Hussian Captured, and Tried, and Sentanced. The whole world saw this on TV and Video.

President Obama claims he had Osama Killed...but there is actually no physical evidence presented to the public...a night raid, a house next door to a pro-western military base, Body dumped at sea....and on the eve of a President about to perish at a general ellection.

I dont trust Barack Obama...I dont think we should be expected to trust politicians full stop. Where is the video of this firefight, that they were supposedly watching at the time it happened? Why wasnt the body presented to the press on board the ship before it was dumped??

My point is not that we shouldnt commend a particular President for their troops performance under their Administration...my point is...are we SURE their is anything to commend? are we SURE that Osama hasnt been dead for ten years? killed in those caves? body never recovered...and all his videos and audios are the work of myth makers for his Martyredom??

Are we SURE??

I HOPE all is as claimed...but I am have to tell you, I aint Sure. I aint Sure he's dead, and I aint sure anyone under Obamas command Killed him.

You sound bitter over the whole outstaging the royals thing. :laugh:

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM

~Amy

Knowing he is dead...and killing him are two different things.

If you knew for certain he was dead...and you needed the publicity of being the one to kill him...who would ever know?

I've always though he was killed in those mountains...I dont see how anyone could hide in the same locality for ten years with the entire Western World looking for them.

I could see how he could have been killed earlier, just identitified, and that used by a President to keep his office...I dont know.

Maybe its just too good to be true. Maybe they really did get him :unsure-1:

JavierDLC
05-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Are we SURE??

Aren't you glad you are not American Tyburn :rolleyes:

Im glad they killed him :w00t:

I'm sure they will release something soon.

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Do you know what we used to do to our prisoners? We used to hang them, cut their heads of, and stick their heads on a spike and hang it on the Castle Walls for all to see.

That is what I would have done, if I had caught him. I dont care about violating Islamic law...I am not Islamic...and as far as Im concerned anyone who commits crimes, deserves to go exactly how the victor dictates.

The United States were under NO obligation to even TRY and give Osama an Islamic Burrial. The Fact they DID try is appauling to my tastes...but there we are.

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/03/even-more-on-the-photos/?hpt=T1

From CNN’s National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin

A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hanger after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. It’s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face – from the hangar in Afghanistan – is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him.

Miss Foxy
05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Knowing he is dead...and killing him are two different things.

If you knew for certain he was dead...and you needed the publicity of being the one to kill him...who would ever know?

I've always though he was killed in those mountains...I dont see how anyone could hide in the same locality for ten years with the entire Western World looking for them.

I could see how he could have been killed earlier, just identitified, and that used by a President to keep his office...I dont know.

They did what they needed to do no one would claim his body as far as surrounding countries and they were trying to rid his body within 24hrs to comply with Islamic beliefs and also to not create a place where his followers could build a shrine and furthermore plan counter attacks. There is no reason for our country to lie about this. This man was the worlds most wanted man. He was to be caught and killed no questions asked. You and others may choose to believe what you want however do some research as to why this was done and you will maybe understand more why he was disposed of so fast.

Miss Foxy
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/03/even-more-on-the-photos/?hpt=T1

From CNN’s National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin

A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hanger after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. It’s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face – from the hangar in Afghanistan – is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him.

Thanks SW.

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
former Pakistan President General Musharraf had to say about us crossing the Pakistani border to get him..."it was a violation of Pakistan sovereignty".

:laugh: He's just a sore loooooser.

Barack Obama should send him his appologies, that it was just a violation of airspace...and not a bloody ground invasion. :mellow:

Miss Foxy
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Do you know what we used to do to our prisoners? We used to hang them, cut their heads of, and stick their heads on a spike and hang it on the Castle Walls for all to see.

That is what I would have done, if I had caught him. I dont care about violating Islamic law...I am not Islamic...and as far as Im concerned anyone who commits crimes, deserves to go exactly how the victor dictates.

The United States were under NO obligation to even TRY and give Osama an Islamic Burrial. The Fact they DID try is appauling to my tastes...but there we are.

Most Americans agree sweetpea, however what country is always accused of being a bully? Yes, America so we have to respect the decision made.. Regardless this bastard is dead! :happydancing: Let's celebrate rather than speculate.

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
You sound bitter over the whole outstaging the royals thing. :laugh:

I'm always bitter about something :mellow:

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Aren't you glad you are not American Tyburn :rolleyes:

Nope...I wish I were American :sad:

"Oh...I am American...I just wasnt born there" :ninja: name the film that quote comes from :laugh:

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Knowing he is dead...and killing him are two different things.:

The SEALthat didn't get to make the shot KNOWS he's dead... because he watched another SEAL shoot him.. that SEAL killed him.

It's called faith..

I have faith in the American Armed Forces..

I have faith that if those SEALs were to walk into a restraunt and the person running the place recognizes them.. they would never have to pay for a meal there again...

I have faith that we will all know the names of the team that completed this mission.. and I would love to shake their hands...

I have faith that Obama would know that it would be more than just political suicide to lie to the American people over this...

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Nope...I wish I were American :sad:

Keep trying.. you can make it.

"Oh...I am American...I just wasnt born there" :ninja: name the film that quote comes from :laugh:

National Treasure

Primadawn
Ok. I'm not as weirded out now, since they've revealed more details. I still think there's fishy stuff going on but it'll either come out eventually or we'll just never know. I'm certainly not going to make myself crazy thinking about it. No tin foil hat for me!:happydancing:

Miss Foxy
The SEALthat didn't get to make the shot KNOWS he's dead... because he watched another SEAL shoot him.. that SEAL killed him.

It's called faith..

I have faith that if those SEALs were to walk into a restraunt and the person running the place recognizes them.. they would never have to pay for a meal there again...

I have faith that we will all know the names of the team that completed this mission.. and I would love to shake their hands...

I have faith that Obama would know that it would be more than just political suicide to live to the American people over this...

"One shot, one kill."

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
There is no reason for our country to lie about this.

I beg to differ. Because on of the BIGGEST factors that make me disbelieve this, or at least not entirely believe all of it...is because ever since he announced his plans to run for re-ellection...a number of amazing political things have appeared....in the past term he's done nothing but alienate, chatter, and offend his own populas....In the last two months, he's Saved the American Government on the very eve of its shut down, and brought an age old enemy to the grave.

IF this is all 100percent legitamate, then its INCREADIBLE timing and circumstances.

Even you must note that there is a case to be made how His re-ellection is a BIG reason to lie. Thats largely what ALL politicians do. Make promises they cant keep, and use every circumstance to their media advantage.

Like I say...I HOPE its true. I'm just not yet convinced.

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:23 PM
National Treasure

:laugh: YES :laugh:

Miss Foxy
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I beg to differ. Because on of the BIGGEST factors that make me disbelieve this, or at least not entirely believe all of it...is because ever since he announced his plans to run for re-ellection...a number of amazing political things have appeared....in the past term he's done nothing but alienate, chatter, and offend his own populas....In the last two months, he's Saved the American Government on the very eve of its shut down, and brought an age old enemy to the grave.

IF this is all 100percent legitamate, then its INCREADIBLE timing and circumstances.

Even you must note that there is a case to be made how His re-ellection is a BIG reason to lie. Thats largely what ALL politicians do. Make promises they cant keep, and use every circumstance to their media advantage.

Sorry I did not vote for Obama, however this is not the time for me to question my countrys President. I have faith in my country and this type of act he could not have done alone. This was a long 10yrs of hide n seek for Osama and our military intelligence and other agencies did the leg work. If I sat here and really questioned this operation I would be pissing on the people who have died due to Osamas attacks...No thank you!
American casualties since declaring War on Terrorism
US Military killed 5,921[126]
US Military wounded 42,673[126]
US Civilians killed (includes 9/11 and after) 3,000 +
US Civilians wounded/injured 6,000 +
Total Americans killed (military and civilian) 8,800 +
Total Americans wounded/injured 46,000 +
Total American casualties 54,800 +

Tyburn
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM

It's called faith..

I have faith that Obama would know that it would be more than just political suicide to lie to the American people over this...

I dont have Faith in much outside of GOD

Some in the armed forces rape and plunder

the rail conductors tell the home coming hero he's still got to pay for his ticket

...yeah like the Health Reform was political suicide...the west have freedom of speech, and their Governments, the freedom to ignore their protests.

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 06:31 PM

But that we did.. just makes us "the better man".. Personally.. I would have loved to have seen his carcass paraded in front of the Pentagon.. the field in Penn. and then hung up for a few days at the site of the new tower...

AND THEN.....

have his bones used in a corner stone for the construction...

But that's just me...

rearnakedchoke
05-03-2011, 06:34 PM

i don't think it was a big secret that obama was going to run again ... this probably sealed the victory for him, and if the opposition can only muster someone like donald trump to run against him, obama is pretty much a shoe-in for a second term ... it is still to early to tell, but it doesn't seem like any opposition has a clear plan on what they want to do ...

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
I dont have Faith in much outside of GOD

sorry about that..

Some in the armed forces rape and plunder

And some give their lives so you can post stuff like that..

the rail conductors tell the home coming hero he's still got to pay for his ticket

pretty lame... but I know that it's similiar here.. but when you get down to dealing with The People.. it's different...

...yeah like the Health Reform was political suicide...

You forget that many people like the idea..

the west have freedom of speech, and their Governments, the freedom to ignore their protests.

Kinda like the Royals??

Put down the stones Dave.. we in America are very happy for the most part right now... we have issues.. sure.. as do all.. but stop spoiling the party..

Jonlion
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I am relieved and thankful that justice has been done. The message that 1 year or two years or 10 years you will still be brought to account is heartning.

Osama's just treatment was death and he got it. Would of liked to have him caught alive and tried in court but it's done.

I saw someone mention this and I feel it makes a poignant point.

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
— Martin Luther King, Jr.

God Bless

BamaGrits84
05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I am relieved and thankful that justice has been done. The message that 1 year or two years or 10 years you will still be brought to account is heartning.

Osama's just treatment was death and he got it. Would of liked to have him caught alive and tried in court but it's done.

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

God Bless

There is a big difference between hate and justice.

Spiritwalker
05-03-2011, 07:52 PM
There is a big difference between hate and justice.

I was trying to respond.. and I just couldn't figure out how to get my point across..

You did it nicely!!!

BamaGrits84
05-03-2011, 07:56 PM
2 good comments on how he was buried but since there are so many good ones I didn't stop just at those to quote them.

On 9/11 how many people were killed? How many were Christians? How many were Christian who don't believe in cremation? I hope they didn't wash him! I hope they didn't wrap him in a white sheet! And I hope some US solider who has missed his kids growing up for the past few months waited until 24 hours and 1 minute after Osama had been dead before they feed the sharks!

JavierDLC
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope they didn't wash him! I hope they didn't wrap him in a white sheet! And I hope some US solider who has missed his kids growing up for the past few months waited until 24 hours and 1 minute after Osama had been dead before they fed the sharks!

IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. =)

rockdawg21
05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
One of my friends posted this on FB, had to share it!

You hear Osama is dead with no proof of a body and people celebrate. You here Christ died and rose with no proof of a body and people speculate.

rearnakedchoke
05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
2 good comments on how he was buried but since there are so many good ones I didn't stop just at those to quote them.

On 9/11 how many people were killed? How many were Christians? How many were Christian who don't believe in cremation? I hope they didn't wash him! I hope they didn't wrap him in a white sheet! And I hope some US solider who has missed his kids growing up for the past few months waited until 24 hours and 1 minute after Osama had been dead before they feed the sharks!

i think the US did the right thing ... just because the other side wouldn't have done the same thing, it doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level ... yes, they behead our soldiers, torture them .. .stooping to their level makes us just like them ..

rockdawg21
05-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm just happy they got him. Don't care how they got him or what they did afterward. As long as he's dead, that's all that matters.

Jonlion
05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I was trying to respond.. and I just couldn't figure out how to get my point across..

You did it nicely!!!

Is that a response?

I wasn't saying people had hate in themon here but wanted to bring it to the table.

Justice is done but I don't rejoice in his death either.

Spiritwalker
05-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Understood... no worries...

but to be happy that Justice is "somewhat served".. and rejoicing over death are different

Play The Man
05-04-2011, 12:37 AM

God Bless

My view is:

3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
May 1st was a time to kill, a time to hate, a time for war, a time to laugh and a time to dance. I hope the future will bring more peace, love and healing; however, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."

Bonnie
05-04-2011, 12:41 AM
My view is:

Quote:
3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

May 1st was a time to kill, a time to hate, a time for war, a time to laugh and a time to dance. I hope the future will bring more peace, love and healing; however, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."

:applause:

Bonnie
05-04-2011, 12:44 AM

We did the right thing by NOT informing them or involving them. We cannot trust them despite what the President and others are saying/putting out in the press/tv that they are our ally on the war on terror and we had their help. Obviously the President and our military felt we could not trust them and rightly so.

We are in debt over our heads and our economy in trouble, and yet, we give them BILLIONS of dollars...for what?...For them to LIE to us and deny us permission to cross their border.

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
they retracted the photo stating they can't confirm it's him.

i'm a little skeptical too. it's kinda weird that obama just released a birth certificate AND OBL was killed. If nothing else i agree it's probably going to get him re elected.

i find it very insulting that if they had his body they are respecting his beliefs in how to handle the body. really did he respect the people that jumped to their death while thinking of their family? or the ones that had an empty casket of just parts of them in there?

Why should we as American people sink down to the level of scumbag terrorists? Aren't we better than that?

Bonnie
05-04-2011, 01:00 AM
War SEALs!!!!!

I know, I'm kind of shocked they are talking about them. Also, they mentioned earlier that Osama was not armed and did not fire on our guys. Why are they giving out this information. It seems giving out this type of info would cause us more grief with Muslims and others, etc...

As to releasing the gruesome picture of him, I've heard good reasons/comments on both pro and con. I'm not sure they should, but if they do, I'll be fine with it. They said he has two gaping wounds above each eye--not sure about other injuries to his body.

As to taking him alive, from what I've heard, this was a "kill" mission and I'm perfectly alright with that. There was no reason to "capture" him; it would have just caused more problems for us of what to do with him and how to do it and us having to placate the muslim world in doing it. :no:

Rev
05-04-2011, 01:21 AM
The Rogue Warrior is an animal. I always found Marcinko to be fascinating.

Good riddance to Osama too. I'm glad we finally got him, but when the news was announced last night it didn't really stir up as much emotion in me as I figured it would. He's been like a ghost this entire time, and I'm sure there are already people saying it's not really him that they killed and he is still alive, or that he's been dead for a long time and the joke is on us. Regardless, he's become such a spectacle that his death will likely just spawn more hate-driven young minds into acts of violent terrorism (which would have happened either way I guess, so it's still better that he's dead, lol)

JB!!! My BOY!!
Good to find another Rogue Warrior fan. I've been saying for years that the U.S. should use Dick as a consultant at least. Do you remember after 911 when he was interviewed on CNN? Half the bit was cut out. lol. God Bless Demo Dick!

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 01:22 AM

Excellent one. Took less planning too.

NateR
05-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Why should we as American people sink down to the level of scumbag terrorists? Aren't we better than that?

How is ignoring the religious traditions of a murderous madman "sinking down to the same level" as terrorists? :rolleyes:

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
One of my friends posted this on FB, had to share it!

You hear Osama is dead with no proof of a body and people celebrate. You here Christ died and rose with no proof of a body and people speculate.

:rolleyes:

Buzzard
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM
How is ignoring the religious traditions of a murderous madman "sinking down to the same level" as terrorists? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

flo
05-04-2011, 01:25 AM

God Bless

I so admire Martin Luther King, Jr. and I hear what you're saying, Jon. I watched a show the other night about forgiveness. One of the segments was about Gary Ridgway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway), a serial killer who was convicted of murdering 49 women here in Washington State. They were showing the victim impact statements being made to him and an elderly man spoke and said he forgave him. This was the only time the monster - Ridgway - showed any emotion. I was struck by it - and by the man who forgave him.

Maybe it is the Christian thing to do but I'm not there. 9/11 is still too raw for me and I'm glad they killed UBL. However, I see the value in what you are saying.

Jonlion
05-04-2011, 06:14 AM
I so admire Martin Luther King, Jr. and I hear what you're saying, Jon. I watched a show the other night about forgiveness. One of the segments was about Gary Ridgway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway), a serial killer who was convicted of murdering 49 women here in Washington State. They were showing the victim impact statements being made to him and an elderly man spoke and said he forgave him. This was the only time the monster - Ridgway - showed any emotion. I was struck by it - and by the man who forgave him.

Maybe it is the Christian thing to do but I'm not there. 9/11 is still too raw for me and I'm glad they killed UBL. However, I see the value in what you are saying.

Hey,

Thank you and honestly not making an attack or pop at anyone. I just know that when I heard the news, it wasn't euphoria or joy, just relief and good work from all those soldiers involved.

Justice has been served but in the end nothing brings back those lives lost or shattered lives from his and others hands. It is just more sorrow.

County Mike
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
JB!!! My BOY!!
Good to find another Rogue Warrior fan. I've been saying for years that the U.S. should use Dick as a consultant at least. Do you remember after 911 when he was interviewed on CNN? Half the bit was cut out. lol. God Bless Demo Dick!

I read the Rogue Warrior books. I enjoyed the stories about things the SEAL team did but RM seemed to brag himself up a little too much for my taste. Maybe he earned it but I couldn't help disliking him a little while being impressed at the same time.

Spiritwalker
05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
There are now stories coming out that Bin Laden may not have been armed when he was killed...

That maybe the women were not "shields" but just caught in the crossfire...

I want to go on record saying the following:

I don't care if Bin Laden was killed while sleeping.. If he was tied to a chair.. with bamboo sticking our from under his fingernails...

I don't care is he was on his hands and knees.. crapping gold bars.. while writing down all his bank account numbers...

I don't care if he was sitting peacefully in a chair with his hands on a table.. discussing the weather.. and a marine pulls a .45 and blows his head off...

Please note that I am not "gloating" or cheering.. when I heard the news.. I said the same as many.. "Great! About time!"

I remember thousands dead.. civilians.. that for the most part probably couldn't have picked out the middle east on a globe without help.. People that didn't care.. or didn't know.. the childeren that were killed.. the childeren that don't have a mom.. or a dad.. I remember a friend of a friend.. crying uncontrollably (a tough SOB...)... because a friend of his died.. I remember the 343.. I remember that our armed forces have died in cowardly attacks on ships and embassies ... I remember Daniel Pearl.. I remember the families that are broken to pieces.. I remember a lot.. and so should others...

I still see the after effects of Bin Laden.. and while it blows if someone was caught in the crossfire.. "If you hang out with the worlds most wanted terrorist.. your bound to get hurt one way or another"

So now as people are going to start tearing apart and second guessing the military team that killed him.. and start trying to score political points.. It doesn't matter to me.. Bin Laden is dead.. and honestly.. people should feel a little safer.

Dethbob
05-04-2011, 01:47 PM
This seems like such an obvious response, I find it a little disturbing that not everyone feels this way.

BamaGrits84
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Is that a response?

I wasn't saying people had hate in themon here but wanted to bring it to the table.

Justice is done but I don't rejoice in his death either.

I think the quote is a good one but it seems a little off in this context to me based on my Biblical principals regarding God's view on war and how we are commended to love. I do not believe God is against war nor do I believe he is against action like those taken upon Osama.

I wouldn't say I REJOICE in his DEATH. I rejoice in Christ alone. I do however find JUSTICE (not death) to be worthy of approbation. If his death is the price of justice so be it.

Miss Foxy
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
There are now stories coming out that Bin Laden may not have been armed when he was killed...

That maybe the women were not "shields" but just caught in the crossfire...

I want to go on record saying the following:

I don't care if Bin Laden was killed while sleeping.. If he was tied to a chair.. with bamboo sticking our from under his fingernails...

I don't care is he was on his hands and knees.. crapping gold bars.. while writing down all his bank account numbers...

I don't care if he was sitting peacefully in a chair with his hands on a table.. discussing the weather.. and a marine pulls a .45 and blows his head off...

Please note that I am not "gloating" or cheering.. when I heard the news.. I said the same as many.. "Great! About time!"

I remember thousands dead.. civilians.. that for the most part probably couldn't have picked out the middle east on a globe without help.. People that didn't care.. or didn't know.. the childeren that were killed.. the childeren that don't have a mom.. or a dad.. I remember a friend of a friend.. crying uncontrollably (a tough SOB...)... because a friend of his died.. I remember the 343.. I remember that our armed forces have died in cowardly attacks on ships and embassies ... I remember Daniel Pearl.. I remember the families that are broken to pieces.. I remember a lot.. and so should others...

I still see the after effects of Bin Laden.. and while it blows if someone was caught in the crossfire.. "If you hang out with the worlds most wanted terrorist.. your bound to get hurt one way or another"

So now as people are going to start tearing apart and second guessing the military team that killed him.. and start trying to score political points.. It doesn't matter to me.. Bin Laden is dead.. and honestly.. people should feel a little safer.

I agree!!!!!!!!!

Rev
05-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I read the Rogue Warrior books. I enjoyed the stories about things the SEAL team did but RM seemed to brag himself up a little too much for my taste. Maybe he earned it but I couldn't help disliking him a little while being impressed at the same time.

oh yeah! Everyone that I have spoken with that has met him says that he is a jerk and he will even say that he is hard to get along with. I doubt I could be around him for long because of his attitude, but like you said, you cant help but be impressed by him and his accomplishments.

Bonnie
05-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Bin Laden put those people's lives in jeopardy. He knew and the men and women who chose to surround him and protect him knew he was a wanted man and that this day was always a possibility. Everything that happened was a direct result of Bin Laden and his actions, not ours. He wanted our attention, he got it. :wink:

He reaped what he sowed and his life ended with a lot more mercy than he deserved.

billwilliams70
05-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, the world now knows (and I know it's been mentioned already in this thread) that it was Navy Seal Team 6.

I just wanted to make mention of the brave pilots that flew them in there. They're not your run of the mill pilots either.....and they're from right here at Fort Campbell.

Helicopter pilots from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment supported the Navy SEAL team that killed Osama bin Laden in a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Read the article here. (http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20110503/NEWS08/105030352/160th-from-Fort-Campbell-piloted-mission-attack-bin-Laden)

"Night Stalkers don't quit."
-- Motto of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which flew the helicopters for the raid that killed Usama bin Laden. The unit is based at Kentucky’s Ft. Campbell, which will receive a visit from President Obama Friday.

Read that article here. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/obama-takes-post-kill-tour-kentucky/)

Later.

Play The Man
05-21-2011, 01:46 AM
I received my NRA-ILA Navy SEAL t-shirt in the mail (Proceeds donated to the Navy SEAL Foundation). Not the greatest picture but you get the idea.

Thank you Navy SEALs
Geronimo EKIA - Enemy Killed in Action 5.1.11

http://www.nrailasigns.org/

Spiritwalker
05-21-2011, 02:18 AM
NICE!!!! I will be talking to the wife tonight!!!! I WANT!!!

Neezar
05-22-2011, 11:22 AM
A tshirt or yard sign celebrating this? :unsure-1:

I'm not sure that I can appreciate that. The Navy Seals give us reasons to celebrate them everyday. Our freedom attests to that. I am just not sure about singling out a kill for the celebration.

Tyburn
05-22-2011, 11:32 AM

I'm not sure that I can appreciate that. The Navy Seals give us reasons to celebrate them everyday. Our freedom attests to that. I am just not sure about singling out a kill for the celebration.

Indeed....I'm glad he's gone...but I aint gonna celebrate it.

Its a real shame that a person like him existed. It such a waste of a life.

Its exactly how I feel about the US Dropping bombs on Japan...it was needed, and we all aggreed it had to be done. But perish (if you pardon the pun) the thought of celebrating it with T-shirts depicting a Bomb and the name "hiroshima" or something.

Celebrate what the death symbolizes...but dont celebrate the death itself.

We Celebrate VJ Day..."Victory over Japan" BUT What we are celebrating is what the end of the war brought to us. We are NOT Celebrating the act of Nuclear Bombardment on Two Japanese Cities. Make sure your celebrations are in line with Christian Values...and not a glorification of an equal evil.

Bless your enemies, bless, and do not curse (The Lords Words not mine before you want to have a go :ashamed:)

Play The Man
05-23-2011, 04:50 AM

A few days after the killing, the Drudge Report linked to a story about a young man who made over $100K in 2 days by selling a Bin Laden t-shirt picturing him with a bloody bullet-hole through his head. Needless to say, I did not buy the shirt. However, I don't think it wrong to buy a shirt with a low-key design thanking the Navy SEALs.

I live across the street from a Navy SEAL memorial and occasional walk around it when I feel in the mood. Although I didn't buy a yard sign, I would not mind if one of my neighbors posted such a sign.

I support the Navy and the SEALs. I have been a supporting member of the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum for several years http://www.navysealmuseum.com/ I have donated to the Pearl Harbor Memorial Fund. I was sent tickets to attend the opening for the new visitors center but could not attend.

I have a small collection of Navy memorabilia. I am currently looking at my desk where I have a challenge coin given to me by a Commodore when I recently attended a Change of Command Ceremony at a base. I had a bubinga wood display custom-made to display it. I have hats and t-shirts from when I was given a tour of a destroyer and attended another ceremony. This Navy SEAL shirt will become part of my collection.

As I mentioned before, profits from the shirt benefit the Navy SEAL foundation http://www.nswfoundation.org/

I encourage everyone to go to the SEAL museum website and/or the SEAL Foundation website and donate some money.

Neezar, if you do go to the SEAL museum website, I suggest that you not go to the gift-shop section. If you disapprove of the "Thank you Navy SEALS" t-shirt, I suspect you will not approve of the SEAL t-shirt "take-off" on the Fed-Ex slogan: "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight!":laugh:

Play The Man
05-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Indeed....I'm glad he's gone...but I aint gonna celebrate it.

Its a real shame that a person like him existed. It such a waste of a life.

Its exactly how I feel about the US Dropping bombs on Japan...it was needed, and we all aggreed it had to be done. But perish (if you pardon the pun) the thought of celebrating it with T-shirts depicting a Bomb and the name "hiroshima" or something.

Celebrate what the death symbolizes...but dont celebrate the death itself.

We Celebrate VJ Day..."Victory over Japan" BUT What we are celebrating is what the end of the war brought to us. We are NOT Celebrating the act of Nuclear Bombardment on Two Japanese Cities. Make sure your celebrations are in line with Christian Values...and not a glorification of an equal evil.

Bless your enemies, bless, and do not curse (The Lords Words not mine before you want to have a go :ashamed:)
Recently, I bought a CD entitled "An Era Remembered: From Pearl Harbor to VJ Day". It has jazz songs from the war era. Perhaps I am not practicing "Christian values" by celebrating such an era? However, within the same month that I bought the CD, I made 3 contributions to support Japan during her recent disaster - one to the Red Cross, one to a Christian School offering and one to a Christian Church offering. My actions belie any covert animus towards Japan or the Japanese people. I get what you are trying to say. Several years ago some UAW yahoos celebrated the 50th anniversary of Hiroshima by circulating a mushroom cloud picture with an obnoxious comment attached. I think you just need to be careful about "throwing the first stone". After all, you have chosen "Tyburn" as your moniker. Please review the names of some of the people killed at Tyburn. Many did not have trials. A few weeks ago you were chastising people about bigotry towards Roman Catholics and yet are you aware that a number of Roman Catholic priests were killed at Tyburn? Your post says not to celebrate killings, to bless rather than curse and not to glorify evil, yet you have chosen to take the name "Tyburn".

In the past, you mentioned that you chose "Tyburn" because of a support for justice against criminals. I have gotten to know you and I believe what you are saying. I don't think you chose "Tyburn" to celebrate killings or evils done to men who could have been innocent. I think you are twisting the intention behind the "Thank the Navy SEALs" t-shirt. My point is, perfectly innocent actions on your part could be twisted as well.

Neezar
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Neezar, if you do go to the SEAL museum website, I suggest that you not go to the gift-shop section. If you disapprove of the "Thank you Navy SEALS" t-shirt, I suspect you will not approve of the SEAL t-shirt "take-off" on the Fed-Ex slogan: "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight!":laugh:

Love the idea of the above shirt and would proudly wear it. Again I see that as being proud of what you are capable of, much different to me than celebrating a particular kill. The other tshirt has the same feel to me as the mushroom cloud pic. But that is just me. I am not casting stones at you nor do you need to list all these things to justify anything to me or anyone else here. You have nothing to prove. I appreciate you and wouldn't pass judgment on you or anyone else that I saw wearing it. I was just stating that I wouldn't wear it and why it wasn't right for me. Thank goodness everyone is not like me. :laugh:

Bonnie
05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I thought it was done very tastefully. I don't read/see it as celebrating a death, but rather as a congratulations for a "mission accomplished" and, mainly as a "thank you" for it. I imagine those Seals have received or will receive well-known medals for this mission along with a congratulatory hand shake and thank you from the Commander-in-Chief. I see this in the same light.

I'd be proud to wear both of them. :cool:

Tyburn
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Recently, I bought a CD entitled "An Era Remembered: From Pearl Harbor to VJ Day". It has jazz songs from the war era. Perhaps I am not practicing "Christian values" by celebrating such an era? However, within the same month that I bought the CD, I made 3 contributions to support Japan during her recent disaster - one to the Red Cross, one to a Christian School offering and one to a Christian Church offering. My actions belie any covert animus towards Japan or the Japanese people. I get what you are trying to say. Several years ago some UAW yahoos celebrated the 50th anniversary of Hiroshima by circulating a mushroom cloud picture with an obnoxious comment attached. I think you just need to be careful about "throwing the first stone". After all, you have chosen "Tyburn" as your moniker. Please review the names of some of the people killed at Tyburn. Many did not have trials. A few weeks ago you were chastising people about bigotry towards Roman Catholics and yet are you aware that a number of Roman Catholic priests were killed at Tyburn? Your post says not to celebrate killings, to bless rather than curse and not to glorify evil, yet you have chosen to take the name "Tyburn".

In the past, you mentioned that you chose "Tyburn" because of a support for justice against criminals. I have gotten to know you and I believe what you are saying. I don't think you chose "Tyburn" to celebrate killings or evils done to men who could have been innocent. I think you are twisting the intention behind the "Thank the Navy SEALs" t-shirt. My point is, perfectly innocent actions on your part could be twisted as well.

Like Denise said...you have reason to thank your armed forces every day...why limit yourself to thanking them for one successful hit that took a decade? Im not judging...its just not something I could buy or wear...dont accuse me of throwing stones...that stone didnt come from me, twas a Bibl Quote...if you have a problem praying for, or blessing your enemy, take it up with The Lord. I'm just repeating what he has stated.

Tyburn was a part of the Judicial System, it wasnt a place of military contract killings. I dont celebrate anyone being executed their, I celebrate the ethos of executing those who commit horrible crimes. State Execution is permitted in Biblical Law...besides...Tyburn can also be applied to a River, A Village, and a Convent all in the local area

Many people were executed at Tyburn over 600 years...most people were guilty of their crimes...whether their action warrented a death sentance is up for debate, but the law was clear that a lot of petty offenses carried survere punishment. Lets be clear, a lot of the Children who were executed at Tyburn had indeed partook in taking items that did not belong to them. You could claim theaft didnt warrent hanging, and you could claim that under age children should be exempt...but what you cant claim is that they were innocent, or somehow illegally executed. In the eyes of the law they were rightfully executed. Your problem lies with Medieval British Law, not with the Tyburn Gallows.

Off the top of my head I couldnt give you the name of a single person executed there. But one could no doubt find lists pretty easily. I dont suspect records go back 600 years...but from the 1500s where the Gallows became a permanent structure (as opposed to made for the odd occasion, or wheeled out) they are bound to have records. Failing this when the other two mobile Gallows that haunted north of the River closed down and Tyburn became the only place outside of a Prison or the Tower of London, then they would definately have records of who they hanged, and for what crimes. They also did stakes at Tyburn...I have never heard, but its quite likely they did guilotine as well, because they tended to use decapitation at the tower...of course...we didnt have the French machines...we just had an axe and a bit of muscle so to speak.

Finally...There aint noone alive now who remembers Tyburn personally. The last executions were about the time your great country gained Independance, so its unlikely to cause offense to anyone not already well within their graves....and no...I dont have a T-shirt that celebrates Tyburn niether...the biggest joke is that Tyburns history could be a brilliant tourist trap...but you wont see it advertized anywhere in London...its like so forgotten not even the Londoners remember it!

BUT What is ironic is that two structures still exist on the same site. ONE is a Police Station....and ONE is a multiplex Cinema...the two aspects of Tyburn that gave it longevity.

Bonnie
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
...why limit yourself to thanking them for one successful hit that took a decade?

An understatement (and a bit misleading), I think! :laugh:

...I celebrate the ethos of executing those who commit horrible crimes.

I can see that on a t-shirt, Dave. You wouldn't have a problem wearing one that says that...right(?)! :laugh:

We have special days in the year we celebrate our armed forces and veterans, but it's rare for us to know about what our elite special forces do for us and for us to be able to thank them. And that is what is highlighted in color on the shirt...the "thank you". Plus, the proceeds are being donated to the Navy Seal Foundation. :cool:

Tyburn
05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
but it's rare for us to know about what our elite special forces do for us and for us to be able to thank them.

I see what you mean :unsure-1: I dont think I could wear it...just because...but I wouldnt say it was wrong to wear. I think it boils down to your own common sense...if you know you are wearing something like that for the right reasons...then fair enough...but if you have doubts about whether what you are doing is right or not...then I would refrain.

Personally, I think I would feel guilty wearing something like that, because I think it would make me feel like I was saying thank you coz they killed someone, and I dont know if thats a morally alright thing to do or not...I mean...they used to do it at GODs command in the old testament on defeating a foreign city or whatever...but...I just wouldnt feel right.

I think because of thats it would be best for me to refrain. I remember in the new testament, that because some of the Christians knew that GOD was the only way, it didnt matter if they ate stuff they found offered to other gods...because those gods were nothing, and not harmful when compared to GOD...but I also know that some weaker Christians at the time, who couldnt get over the fact it had been offered as a sacrifice to some other god, and thereby it was unclean, or not nice...they couldnt eat it...and I think Saint Paul said that it was okay...that there was nothing wrong with a strong Christian doing it...and a weaker christian not doing it...he just asked that those who were doing it, to not do it infront of those who didnt, because it would make them feel uncomfortable.

If I were to go, for example...on my next States Trip and meet PTM...I would hope that although he has the T-shirt, and has no problem wearing it...that he wouldnt come to the airport wearing it to meet me...coz that would be awkward for me...just like eating heathen sacrificed foods...were difficult for the new converts to swallow (if you pardon the pun :laugh:) Its how...when I go to the US... other then in Walmart where I looked for myself...I met people from this Forum who kept arms, or maybe even carried them...but I never saw them..and that was fine. There aint nowt wrong with possessing a gun in a country where its legal...but knowing that I am not used to that and have a significantly tighter view on arms control (I think England is one of the most strict on arms...where just having one can get you 15years) it wouldnt have been very funny to say "hey Dave, do ya wanna see my Granade Launcher which I bought from the store today?"

Coz I'd ave been like

"er...No thank you" :mellow:

Mac keeps telling me that he had his hunting rifles and several large guns on the backseat of his car when he was driving me around...but thats fine...so long as I dont see them (at least no until I'm prepared or ready) then what I dont know, or cant see, wont hurt me :laugh:

It reminds me of that poor little girl...called "millie" I think in England who went missing, and hasnt turned up yet...and for a long time her Father was the main suspect, when it was revealed the day before Millie went missing, she accidently stumbled upon her Fathers stash of hardcore bondage equipment :laugh::laugh: For a young girl, thats really hard...and she wrote to her friends about how distressed she was...and of course a day or two later, she dissapeared.

I know better, when I'm in the US, then to snoop or stray off the beaten path...coz if you snoop you will find things you dont like...you know...like an AK47 or whatever it is some of you keep in your armories...and if you go off the beaten track, you might end up tresspassing...and in the US...they shoot you for that if your not careful :unsure:

Do you follow :huh:

Bonnie
05-23-2011, 10:46 PM
That's fine, Dave. To each his own.. :)

flo
05-24-2011, 01:10 AM
And people think I go off topic...

:wink:

Bonnie
05-24-2011, 01:51 AM
And people think I go off topic...

:wink: