PDA

View Full Version : White House releases Obama's birth certificate

NateR
04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Sooooo, Obama waited over 2 years to release this because he was "amused" by controversy it caused? :huh: That's not going to appease the conspiracy theorists. :unsure: He could have just done this back in 2008, during the election - the same time that John McCain presented his birth certificate to a federal judge to be verified - and none of this would even be an issue. I don't understand how it was considered to be "good politics" to keep it hidden.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/white-house-releases-obama-birth-certificate

The White House on Wednesday morning released the president's long form birth certificate (pdf) in an attempt to put "birther" questions to rest.

"The President believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country. It may have been good politics and good T.V., but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country," White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said in a statement.

The president had released his certificate of live birth in 2008, but many "birthers" said the absence of a long form birth certificate prompted questions about Obama's birthplace of Hawaii. In recent weeks potential GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has brought birther questions into the forefront of the media.

"At a time of great consequence for this country--when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," Pfeiffer said. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

Obama admitted at a White House press conference following the document's release Wednesday morning that he's been both amused and puzzled by the degree to which his place of birth has become an issue.

The president echoed Pfeiffer's statements saying that Americans and their representatives need to come together to solve issues such as how to "invest in our future" while tackling the federal deficit and federal debt:

But we're not going to be able to do it if we are distracted. We're not going to be able to do it if we spend time vilifying each other. We're not going to be able to do it if we just make stuff up and pretend that facts are not facts. We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers.

Though the president didn't mention Trump by name, Obama noted that when he announced his deficit plan this month, his birth certificate, not our country's economic future, dominated the news that week.

Trump on Wednesday took full credit for the release.

"I feel I've accomplished something really really important and I'm honored by it," Trump said at a press conference held during his pre-scheduled visit today to New Hampshire. Trump noted that people have long been requesting the document, but Trump was the only one who got the president to release it. Trump suggested Wednesday this development will boost his own potential presidential candidacy.

Trump said he and others are still going to have to assess the document's authenticity. We're "going to look at it. We have to see if it's real, if it's proper," Trump said. But he added that he's "sure it's the right deal" and is looking forward to moving on to more important issues such as OPEC and China.

UPDATE 9:38 a.m. EST: Story updated to reflect Donald Trump's reaction.

UPDATE 10:08 a.m. EST: Story updated to include President Obama's press comments.

I love how Donald Trump is taking credit for Obama finally putting the "controversy" to rest. Ever the opportunist. :laugh:

flo
04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Looks real to me.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/obamabirthcertificate.jpg

:laugh:

But seriously, Mr. Comb-Over needs to stop now and get back to firing people on Celebrity Apprentice. His publicity schtick is getting old. I agree with you, Nate, Obama should have released it several years ago. Of course, like the "truthers", nothing will satisfy the conspiracy theorists.

County Mike
04-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't have a problem with people wanting proof of his birthplace. If he was legally born in the U.S., it shouldn't have been hard to show it.

However, blaming the "birther challenge" for not getting anything else done is typical Obama.

Bonnie
04-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Why do you think he decided to release it now? Like you say, Nate, he could have put this to rest two years ago so why didn't he...why now?

I don't know if Trump is serious or not yet, but I think he's got Obama & Co.'s serious attention now.

The president had released his certificate of live birth in 2008, but many "birthers" said the absence of a long form birth certificate prompted questions about Obama's birthplace of Hawaii. In recent weeks potential GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has brought birther questions into the forefront of the media.

"At a time of great consequence for this country--when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," Pfeiffer said. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

Obama admitted at a White House press conference following the document's release Wednesday morning that he's been both amused and puzzled by the degree to which his place of birth has become an issue.

The president echoed Pfeiffer's statements saying that Americans and their representatives need to come together to solve issues such as how to "invest in our future" while tackling the federal deficit and federal debt:

But we're not going to be able to do it if we are distracted. We're not going to be able to do it if we spend time vilifying each other. We're not going to be able to do it if we just make stuff up and pretend that facts are not facts. We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers.

They don't even know if he's running yet and the President's media minions are already starting the "vilifying" with the "sideshow and carnival barker" comments. Jon Stewart is already making jokes about Trump on his show (ala Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey with Sarah Palin). I hear Katie Couric is working on a deal to get her own talk show...maybe she'll have it in time to chime in and ask "What does Donald Trump read?" :rolleyes:

You can bet Obama's team has already gotten started on digging up every failed business deal/venture associated with Trump. Trump was saying how much money he's made in his dealings with the Chinese, "lots and lots of money", so you can bet Obama & Co. will be using that when China comes up. We already know how this is going to go down for anybody who puts their hat in the ring against Obama. He's still the media's darling. :wink:

Miss Foxy
04-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Looks real to me.

:laugh:

But seriously, Mr. Comb-Over needs to stop now and get back to firing people on Celebrity Apprentice. His publicity schtick is getting old. I agree with you, Nate, Obama should have released it several years ago. Of course, like the "truthers", nothing will satisfy the conspiracy theorists.

:applause:

Twinsmama
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Looks real to me.

Oh my I had just tipped my pepsi up...... I was expecting a fight not a funny.

rearnakedchoke
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Looks real to me.

i don't get it ... why so many spelling mistakes and poor handwriting????

anyways, better late than never ... but i find it funny that trump is running for president ... i so hope he makes it to running against barack ... LOL

Tyburn
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnYJI4QTpXs

Obama has basically given the press a bollocking over this issue, he says that when he was trying to save the government from shutdown, all the press top stories were about his nationality.

"WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS KIND OF SILLY-NESS"

He doesnt know much about how Media works does he...saying something like that will only make them think he has something further to hide.... :rolleyes:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-27-2011, 07:48 PM
From what I've read elsewhere it still may not be the official BC but rather a certificate of live birth! Not completely sure about that though. Either way if it is real he should have released it along time ago! I'm still not a fan of Trump though. Hopefully he won't get the nomination. If he does though I'd hold my nose (figuratively speaking) and vote for him rather than risk Obama getting in again!

flo
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
He's not running.

This is all just media publicity to get back at BO after the White House ignored his offer to build a ballroom there for state dinners.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Donald. He's an astute businessman and Celebrity Apprentice is a fun show. He is a master at self-promotion and manipulating the media but he is not running. He's yanking Obama's chain.

Kentucky, I'd vote for him over Obama too but the Repubs sure don't need ANOTHER candidate they'd have to hold their nose to vote for!! :-)

logrus
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't have a problem with people wanting proof of his birthplace. If he was legally born in the U.S., it shouldn't have been hard to show it.

However, blaming the "birther challenge" for not getting anything else done is typical Obama.

I want proof you were born here...

Country Mike isn't real, I found out that your really City Mike.... :frantics:

Anyways I thought he showed proof to the courts when the first guy tried to take it to court?

County Mike
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
I want proof you were born here...

Country Mike isn't real, I found out that your really City Mike.... :frantics:

Anyways I thought he showed proof to the courts when the first guy tried to take it to court?

I don't know about CountRy Mike but "County Mike" wasn't born here. I was born in Spain. However, if I ever run for President I'll just lie and say I was born in Hawaii.

logrus
04-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know about CountRy Mike but "County Mike" wasn't born here. I was born in Spain. However, if I ever run for President I'll just lie and say I was born in Hawaii.

I been calling you Count'R'y Mike for years now, surprising you never picked up on it til now lol. :laugh:

Buzzard
05-01-2011, 08:26 PM

He did.

Let's look back at some of the posts made about the OBCS (Obama Birth-Certificate Scandal).

When I lived in southern New Mexico, I couldn't even apply for a job at McDonalds unless I could present a valid birth certificate. If that's a requirement for flipping burgers, then why would NOT be a requirement for the President of the United States?

Obama should never even have been allowed to run for President.

You never gave a valid reason why he shouldn't have been allowed to run then, can you now?

WHERE is the proper birth certificate you speak so confidently of - can ylu show anyone??

he doesn't HAVE it, he doesn't OWN it, if he did we the PUBLIC, his employer would have verifed he did. Wake up America, your president is as a illegimate as a 3 dollar bill and should be thrown out.

You were correct in the fact that Obama doesn't own or have his birth-certificate, Hawaii does and did though. Seems 3 dollar bills are now legitimate.

Ohhh, its not too late for anything mate. It is never to late to terminate someone from a career for committing perjury. He is just a president, not God after all (despite what the godless liberals think).

What matters in actuality is that B.O. is in violation of the US Constitution by not providing authenticity. He should be thrown out of office and on his face for being the liar he is.

I hope the lawsuits continue to flood in until there can be no more denial and even the Obama nuthuggers turn on him.

What perjury did Obama commit? What statute of the CONUS did he violate? What lie did he commit about his birth-certificate?

So, what was the outcome from all of the baseless lawsuits? Shouldn't Obama be given a great big old apology from all the people who lied and slandered the man? I wonder who will be the first to man up and take the step.

So what you are saying is that we the people don't matter. As long as the government, which is neither of, by or for us, doesn't make a big deal out of it, then none of us should care. :blink: For some reason that just doesn't sound quite right... like something is a little backwards.

Anyways, I don't believe that Obama ever did provide valid proof of citizenship, but this is a lost battle. If the media managed to squash this whole controversy before the election, there is no way that they are going to let it spin out of control now. Let's criticize Obama for the damage he is actually doing to this country, not for the dubious nature of his birth.

If Obama didn't provide valid proof, how did he get to run? Do you now believe that Obama provided proof, or are you going to stick to the birther conspiracy theory?

Primadawn
05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I just don't understand how this was allowed to BECOME as big an issue as it has. It should have been instantly produced the moment someone questioned it. I took my daughter for her driver's test and had to have it--they didn't like the one I had so I drove down the street to the health department and got another one. In 5 minutes. Why did this have to be such a big deal?

Ridiculous. And he's right of course, that we have MUCH more important things to deal with so why's he taking the time to do this now and have press conferences about it and such, when he's never felt it necessary to do so up til now? OY!