PDA

View Full Version : How will you celebrate the Royal Wedding of William and Catherine?

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRj8fbSBpio

:laugh::laugh:

We shall go to a BBQ hosted at my Sister Tiffanys House...that is if I manage to get the day off. Wal-Mart are trying to pretend its not a public bank holiday. What does one expect from an American Company that probably doesnt value the Monarchy...I've threatened to do unpaid leave if they dont voluntarily let me have the day off :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
No disrespect Dave, but I think it'd be safe to say that few people in the U.S. care about the wedding.

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
No disrespect Dave, but I think it'd be safe to say that few people in the U.S. care about the wedding.

Really?? Are you not going to watch it?? The Royal Family has been more of a fascination with the Americans then the British Since Princess Diana actually.

I can understand it not being a public holiday over there of course...but over here loads of people, even hardened parliamentarians will be celebrating. As of course, shall I

I just wondered if anyone over there was gonna watch it or anything :ashamed:

Spiritwalker
04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
EDIT... Much better said than I

Please don't take it as disrespect Dave, but the British Royal family really isn't of any significance to most Americans.

Miss Foxy
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I care.. I can't wait... :happydancing:

rockdawg21
04-18-2011, 05:28 PM
No Dave, I will not watch it. It really doesn't have any impact on my life directly or indirectly. I'd rather spend time with my wife or friends who do have an impact on my life.

All I know about Diana is that she died in a car crash and was married to one of the relatives of Queen Elizabeth II, I'd guess one of her sons. Honestly, although it was a sad instance, I got tired of seeing it on our news channels all the time.

Please don't take it as disrespect Dave, but the British Royal family really isn't of any significance to most Americans.

Miss Foxy
04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
No Dave, I will not watch it. It really doesn't have any impact on my life directly or indirectly. I'd rather spend time with my wife or friends who do have an impact on my life.

All I know about Diana is that she died in a car crash and was married to one of the relatives of Queen Elizabeth II, I'd guess one of her sons. Honestly, although it was a sad instance, I got tired of seeing it on our news channels all the time.

Princess Diana is one of the most beautiful people this earth has ever known. She was a wonderful humanitarian and did a lot for the less fortunate. She was very different than the typical "Royal"
person. When she died I was 6 months pregnant and I remember how sad I was.. Feels like yesterday. :cry:

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
All I know about Diana is that she died in a car crash and was married to one of the relatives of Queen Elizabeth II, I'd guess one of her sons.

Are you Kidding :huh:

Princess Diana was Consort to the DIRECT Heir of Elizabeth. To make matters worse, after bearing a Son (the Second in Line, whose marriage takes place in two weeks time) She DEVORCED Charles because he seemed to be a little to happy with Camilla (who he has since married) Meanwhile there is Harry who may or may not be the product of Charles and Diana :laugh: Some say he is the product of a union with a military guy who gave Diana lots of consolation during the last years of her marriage.

Diana then did the unthinkable, and started dating a Middle Eastern guy, it was claimed they were serious, that she may or may not have been gestating at the time. Unfortunately for the Royal Family who viewed her much like a commoner, but could not get rid of her despite the devorce because of being the biological Mother of William, she was, for that reason, insanely popular.

Then one day she dies in a mysterious traffic accident in some obscure tunnel on the continent, and all of the Monarchies Fears evaporate. Thats, slightly suspect, many people think the Duke of Edinborough (The Queens Consort) a shady character to begin with, so many conspiracy theorists blame her death on him.

Elizabeth did not want to give her a State Funeral, as technically speaking she was devorced...but the Public was SO behind her that they kinda forced it to happen.

I understand its meaningless to you, but at least having a slight knowledge of possibly the most important thing to have happened in your closest allied force since thw second world war...really...to not know who Princess Diana was :blink:

Here is a video of her marriage (Fox News isnt a British Channel BTW, why would they cover the occasion if noone in America wanted to see it?) It happened at Saint Paul's and from the american Tourists I can tell you (having worked at Saint Pauls) that the second most asked Question was "isnt this where Charles and Diana got married" My friend would always say "Yes...and if you go to the registery office down the road, you can also see where they were devorced" The most asked Question "Does The Dome Rotate" Er...No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTe47cR-Ws

Here is a video of her funeral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_oTlWPGU0w

She goes OUT to the music I want to come IN to. It sounds creepy mixed with the bells, no :huh:

County Mike
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry Dave. Much like any other wedding of people I don't know, I really don't care. It won't affect one second of my day.

VCURamFan
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I don't really care, either. I mean, Kate's hot:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxhettFNI/AAAAAAAAD9I/xL7dNprtGgE/s1600/kate-middleton-wet-bikini.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxdD6yOUI/AAAAAAAAD9A/-APGWECoCEw/s1600/kate-middleton-bikini.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxnitvJVI/AAAAAAAAD9Y/J9b5QInppbs/s1600/kate-middleton.jpg

...but other than that, it doesn't have any impact on me.

Spiritwalker
04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Are you Kidding :huh:

Princess Diana was Consort to the DIRECT Heir of Elizabeth.

So was... Camilla.. if you want to use the term consort.. in reference to "having relations"...

To make matters worse, after bearing a Son (the Second in Line, whose marriage takes place in two weeks time) She DEVORCED Charles because he seemed to be a little to happy with Camilla (who he has since married)

And she (Camilla) was married to at the time....wasn't she.. not sure..

Meanwhile there is Harry who may or may not be the product of Charles and Diana :laugh: Some say he is the product of a union with a military guy who gave Diana lots of consolation during the last years of her marriage.

While Charlie was out "consoling" Camilla...

Diana then did the unthinkable, and started dating a Middle Eastern guy, it was claimed they were serious, that she may or may not have been gestating at the time.

oh my!!! How scandelous.. getting on with her life... dating a guy.. after her divorce... what shame...

Unfortunately for the Royal Family who viewed her much like a commoner, but could not get rid of her despite the devorce because of being the biological Mother of William, she was, for that reason, insanely popular.

She was also popular for many other things...

Then one day she dies in a mysterious traffic accident in some obscure tunnel on the continent, and all of the Monarchies Fears evaporate. Thats, slightly suspect, many people think the Duke of Edinborough (The Queens Consort) a shady character to begin with, so many conspiracy theorists blame her death on him.

Yep... many do.. kinda funny how 1 death.. made all of the monarchies fears evaporate.

Elizabeth did not want to give her a State Funeral, as technically speaking she was devorced...but the Public was SO behind her that they kinda forced it to happen.

technically????? From Wiki.. (like EVERYTHING there is true...)

The divorce was finalised on 28 August 1996.

Diana received a lump sum settlement of around 17 million along with a clause standard in royal divorces preventing her from discussing the details

And I guess that since "the people" wanted a state funeral... and she (Elizabeth) didn't... and there WAS a state funeral.. is shows at the very least Elizabeth had to do it.. to apease "the people".. Power to the People!!

Here is a video of her marriage (Fox News isnt a British Channel BTW, why would they cover the occasion if noone in America wanted to see it?) It happened at Saint Paul's and from the american Tourists I can tell you (having worked at Saint Pauls) that the second most asked Question was "isnt this where Charles and Diana got married" My friend would always say "Yes...and if you go to the registery office down the road, you can also see where they were devorced"

People cared because of the hype.. and the masses.. tend to eat whatever you feed them.. do you remember anything else going on in the US at that time.. something that our government didn't want on the front page of the news??

Also there was the "star quality" to Diana that other women that have married into the royal family don't have..

rockdawg21
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
...do you remember anything else going on in the US at that time.. something that our government didn't want on the front page of the news??.
I believe it had something to do with Iran?

Spiritwalker
04-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I believe it had something to do with Iran?

[snicker]

Miss Foxy
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
It is sad that Camilla is a whore who got what she wanted a marriage to Diana's husband..
I always thought less of Elizabeth after Diana's death. I admired Diana in every way a woman should and could be admired. She always held her head high despite what them monsters did to her...

rearnakedchoke
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM

i don't know man .. tons of american channels are covering it, so i am sure more americans will be watching than you think ...

Spiritwalker
04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
It is sad that Camilla is a whore who got what she wanted a marriage to Diana's husband..
I always thought less of Elizabeth after Diana's death. I admired Diana in every way a woman should and could be admired. She always held her head high despite what them monsters did to her...

wow!!.... don't hold back there lady...

Spiritwalker
04-18-2011, 08:08 PM
This was pretty good!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/04/18/royal.wedding.tmobile/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Online ad spoofing British royal wedding racks up about 4.6 million views on YouTube

T-Mobile ad features look-alikes of Prince William, Kate Middleton and others dancing down aisle

Ad recalls a Minnesota couple's 2009 wedding-party dance that became a YouTube smash

If the real royal wedding looks anything like this one, it'll more than live up to all the hype.

In an online video now making the rounds, T-Mobile imagines the pending nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton through the lens of viral video royalty.

In it, royal family look-alikes boogie down the aisle to boy band East 17's "House of Love."

Charles and Camilla do the bump, a moderately amused-looking Queen Elizabeth claps conservatively and Prince Harry looks amped up, grooving with a gaggle of bridesmaids before his big brother and bride-to-be appear.

"One's life is for sharing," reads text at the end of the video before the T-Mobile logo appears.

The ad, which was uploaded Friday to YouTube, had racked up about 4.6 million views by Monday morning.

It's a riff on "JK Wedding Entrance Dance," a Minnesota couple's real 2009 wedding processional that became a YouTube smash, scoring more than 64 million views.

The spoof video, which The Guardian calls "the latest bit of shameless Wills 'n' Kate bandwagon jumping," is the most recent in a series of viral-style marketing spots by T-Mobile.

The video was filmed at St. Bartholomew the Great Church in London (which U.S. movie buffs may recognize from 1994's "Four Weddings and a Funeral.")

Louie Spence, a British choreographer and reality TV judge, reportedly choreographed the spoof and can be seen on a second video mock-critiquing the dance styles of the various "royals."

A T-Mobile spokesman told London's Daily Mail that the video is "a congratulatory message to William and Kate, as well as a way of capturing the nation's celebratory mood."

Miss Foxy
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
wow!!.... don't hold back there lady...

:ashamed:
I have read a few books about the Camilla/Diana/Charles relationship. Diana once said this..."There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded."

Buzzard
04-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I think my sister will be all over it. She said something like "What girl wouldn't want the fairy tale princess wedding." I should probably buy her some popcorn.

Miss Foxy
04-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I think my sister will be all over it. She said something like "What girl wouldn't want the fairy tale princess wedding." I should probably buy her some popcorn.

Indeed!!

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
1) So was... Camilla.. if you want to use the term consort.. in reference to "having relations"...

2) And she (Camilla) was married to at the time....wasn't she.. not sure..

3) While Charlie was out "consoling" Camilla...

4) oh my!!! How scandelous.. getting on with her life... dating a guy.. after her divorce... what shame...

5) Yep... many do.. kinda funny how 1 death.. made all of the monarchies fears evaporate.

6) technically????? From Wiki.. (like EVERYTHING there is true...)

The divorce was finalised on 28 August 1996.

Diana received a lump sum settlement of around 17 million along with a clause standard in royal divorces preventing her from discussing the details

And I guess that since "the people" wanted a state funeral... and she (Elizabeth) didn't... and there WAS a state funeral.. is shows at the very least Elizabeth had to do it.. to apease "the people".. Power to the People!!

7) People cared because of the hype.. and the masses.. tend to eat whatever you feed them.. do you remember anything else going on in the US at that time.. something that our government didn't want on the front page of the news??

Also there was the "star quality" to Diana that other women that have married into the royal family don't have..

1) "consort" is the official term for someone who is married into the upper echelons of the family, particularly if Female...This is so that anyone knows who is the Ruller...Queen Elizabeth, for Example, was Queen During the Second World War...she was Known as "Queen" but because she wasnt Regnant...she was married to The King...her title was Queen Dowedger (Queen by Marriage) When the King died, and her Daughter asscended to the Throne, there were TWO Queen Elizabeths. She then was Referenced as Queen Elizabeth, The Queens Mother (Again, She was NEVER Regnant)

With Males there is usually no need to do this because they get an official title because they are Male...So for Example, The Queens Husband, is Known NOT as Kings Consort...although that is what he is, He is also NOT Known as King Dowedger, Which, again, technically speaking is exactly what he is, because this will make anyone believe that HE is Regnant. So instead he keeps the title Prince (because he already HAD that title) and he got given the Title Duke of Edinborough.

When Prince Charles becomes King Charles III His Wife will be known as Queen Consort

2) No Camilla only married Charles in the last couple of years. For ages, one supposes that he was barred from Marrying her. Its difficult, because a Future King, a Monarch is not supposed to be Devorced. He is also not supposed to marry anyone else who has been devorced, and he is also not allowed to be anything but an Anglican for obvious reasons. This was due to the Act of Conformity I think, that was when they realligned the Monarchy after the Reformation...and they made a RIGHT HASH UP of the order of succession...I mean they skipped over around FIFTY HEIRS to get to one they wanted.

Now they are trying to throw order the order of succession again by giving the first born rights over the second born EVEN IF she is female. Something that will probably effect Williams Children if it ever comes into law.

3) I think Camilla was consoling Charles...but yeah...basically She was His Mistress, just like this Army Guy was Dianas supposed toy boy :laugh:

4) Its scandelous because of her relationship to the Heirs...Remember that although Diana is devorced from Charles, she is the Mother of William. So The Family cant actually be rid of her. If she goes marrying someone like...Dodi for example...and if she has Children with Dodi...do you realize what that makes the Children? STEP KIDS TO THE THRONE! If you are incharge of maintaining a Four Thousand Year Old Liniage then of course thats a bloody scandle...Can you imagine...if something were to happen to all the Heirs? One of those Step Kids could end up hoisted onto the throne...you have to be frightfully careful who you let into the family, coz once they start to breed...well its uncontrolable

IF Charles had devorced BEFORE having children, none of it would be anything more then a mere embarisment. BUT because she is Mother to the Second in Line...well you cant undo that...unless you either kill him, or you kill her. She had the power to bring shame to the family that...granted, misstreated her...you can see how she was a threat to them. nothing happened until rumours she was gestating appeared....she was dead WELL before full term.

5) Well...with Diana dead, they didnt have to worry about the possibility of a new House emerging, a House that would only grow and be more popular then them. A slight disastor and The House of Windsor would be eclipsed by The House of Al Fayad :blink:

I think there are other problems the Monarchy has now, that cant be solved by a quick murder. I have no idea whether it was a lucky cooincidence, or whether someone somewhere orchestrated it. We will never know. So Long as I can be sure it wasnt Elizabeth, Charles, or William...I'm unconcerned. Noone but those are likely to sit on the throne in my life time :)

6) what I mean was...because she was devorced she wasnt royalty and thus not entitled to a State Funeral...but because she was the future Kings Mother...well...it could be argued that she should have been entitled to the State Funeral because that trumps being being a devorced Royal.

The outpouring of Grief for Diana, was actually quite absurd...but it was everywhere. The media is the voice of the people in this country, and YES it can sway the Government and the Monarch...mindue, its not a neutral agenda...but it can be used as a sounding board.

7) No idea...back then I didnt really know America Existed :laugh: I was too young and not bothered I didnt even know about my own Government :laugh:

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM

You wait til she is sat next to Charles at His Coronation :sad:

If I'm honnest, I have no idea whats going to happen after Elizabeth dies...I could see the collapse of the whole Royal Family....because the population despise Camilla, and she will be, in their eyes, where Diana should be. The Commonwealth and Government dont particularly like Charles, because he interferes. They like Elizabeth, because she will advise...but she knows her place...She knows that in order to defend the linage, it would be best sometimes to keep quiet, rather then risk a political rebellion that might ruin the Monarchy altogether. The Commonwealth claim they are Royalists...but actually, thats not really true. They dont love Monarchy...they love one particular Monarch...and she wont be there anymore. I dont think Canada or Australia will want to remain in a commonwealth under Charles. The Church REALLY dislike Charles (Except for London, who is trying to help Charles understand anglicanism I reckon) See there was the infamous occasion where Prince Charles went to Westminster Abbey with plans for his coronation. He wanted a MULTI FAITH CEREMONY, and he wanted his Title to be DEFENDER OF THE FAITHS (note the plural) I cant remember if it was the act of conformity or the act of settlement...but one of them made it VERY clear that a King can not be any other religion then Christian, and he may not be any other Denomination then Anglican, he may not marry a devorcee, for that is against Christian Values...and he most certainly can NEVER Marry a Roman Catholic...not EVER. Now in this secular society, I reckon, he could, and would, and noone would care...but Westminster Abbey told him where he could shove his little coronational plans...they said that he was not King until THEY crowned him, and he would have the coronation that he was given.

So he's offended, Government, Church, People, and Empire...and he's not even ON the throne yet.

William is popular...but Charles just cant wait to be King...he wont abdicate.

The good thing is that he is old...if Elizabeth is like her mother, she could live another twenty years...She may outlive her own son with him dying of Old Age. The other possibility is that as she grows older, she could ellect a "Prince Regent" which would be a Co Regnant with an Heir...I suppose, she could be naughty and choose William over Charles...but..that wont guarentee William the Throne, because the moment she dies, the Regency is over...and secondly...She is too dignified to risk tearing the family apart by trying to ensure William reigns next...the order of succession is designed so noone can force the outcome they want, only accept the outcome that must be.

But I do fear for the Monarchy Post-Elizabeth II I really and honnestly do :unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I hasten to add "Charles" is an icreadibly BAD name for a King :unsure:

We all remember the cold morning above the banquetting house on Whitehall, where the monarch was afraid that the people would intepret his shivers, as trembles of fear, so he wore multiple layers to the chopping block.

...and we all remember what came next dont we? the terrible corruption of Government in less then ten years...and we all remember the Military Dictatorship that followed the Republics collapse...and we all remember how it got so bad...even the Parliamentarians wants the Restoration.

...and we all remember the naughty things that were done as a result of that, dirty dealings with france, the popish plot, that saw his death bed conversion to Rome! His illegitamate offspring which were numerous, (you realize that Princess Diana can trace her nobility back to Charles and his wild flings with mistresses...how ironic is that!!)

which left England with yet another Roman Catholic King :rolleyes:

England cant do Republic...it cant be trusted, it needs a Soverign :)

bradwright
04-18-2011, 11:24 PM
sorry Dave but this wedding is something i really couldn't care less about...

flo
04-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Just generalizing here...

:wink:

...the ladies will watch, most guys could care less.

County Mike
04-18-2011, 11:46 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxhettFNI/AAAAAAAAD9I/xL7dNprtGgE/s1600/kate-middleton-wet-bikini.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxdD6yOUI/AAAAAAAAD9A/-APGWECoCEw/s1600/kate-middleton-bikini.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bstXBEDnG9w/TOKxnitvJVI/AAAAAAAAD9Y/J9b5QInppbs/s1600/kate-middleton.jpg

eh. I've had hotter.

flo
04-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Diana referred to Camilla as "The Rottweiler".

:laugh:

Blade
04-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the royals or this wedding. I hope it rains for them and on all those saps having their street parties.

flo
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh, come on, Blade, don't be so ambiguous. Tell us what you really think...

Spiritwalker
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
1)
7) No idea...back then I didnt really know America Existed :laugh: I was too young and not bothered I didnt even know about my own Government :laugh:

Your what...27???? Trust me.. your still a kid.. no offense intended.. but most people don't have an idea of what adulthood is.. until they are in their 30s.

Spiritwalker
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Just generalizing here...

:wink:

...the ladies will watch, most guys could care less.

The ladies will watch for the "Snow White" effect.... but they prolly couldn't care much otherwise...

Guys will watch for "wardrobe malfunction"..

Play The Man
04-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Salt Peter!

Bonnie
04-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I think a lot of Americans will be watching, Dave, in spite of what all these guys are saying. :)

Charles was an idiot! He just used Diana and when she gave him his heir and the spare, he went back to horse-face Camilla. (I hope horses everywhere will forgive me! :laugh:) Instead of being proud of his beautiful popular wife, he was jealous and acted like a big baby! He knows Camilla will never outshine him. :wink:

As for the Queen, I think she acted disgracefully when Diana died. At least Charles did step up to the plate then...to bad it was too little too late for Diana. :sad: I think Diana saved the royals from becoming extinct altogether, the ingrates.

flo
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Charles was an idiot! He just used Diana and when she gave him his heir and the spare, he went back to horse-face Camilla. (I hope horses everywhere will forgive me! :laugh:) Instead of being proud of his beautiful popular wife, he was jealous and acted like a big baby! He knows Camilla will never outshine him. :wink:

As for the Queen, I think she acted disgracefully when Diana died. At least Charles did step up to the plate then...to bad it was too little too late for Diana. :sad: I think Diana saved the royals from becoming extinct altogether, the ingrates.

I think you are exactly right, Bonnie. I still remember the night she died.

Bonnie
04-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I think you are exactly right, Bonnie. I still remember the night she died.

Me too! :sad: I totally blame the French for their lame-ass system of "stabilizing the patient in the ambulance"! From what I understand, they were only a few miles from the hospital but kept stopping the ambulance to stabilize her instead of getting her to the hospital ASAP where they might have been able to save her. I think she bled out from a torn aorta if I'm not mistaken(?).

Edit: One piece I read said from cardiac arrest, internal bleeding, and head injuries. I just found this article (below) which goes to how I felt about that whole debacle.

Special Report - Cause of Death | Cause of Accident | Cause of Tragedy
Open Questions and Issues:

Diana, cause of death: ambulance ride which took one hour to travel 6 kilometers, 4 miles, to hospital. Why has no one focused on this platform of inquiry?

Assuming driver, Henri Paul, was at fault due to intoxication, accept the reality that Princess Diana was not dead after the accident. She was very much alive and talking.

The hospital to which she was taken, Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, was 4 miles (6 kilometers) from the accident, occurring after midnight on a holiday weekend, with many away and the city streets quiet.

Accept the reality that there has been no focus by the media on the at minimum, one hour, ambulance ride to travel 4 miles.

Accept the reality that the time she slipped into the throes of death was during the one hour plus ambulance ride to the hospital.

Le Parisien and Reuters reported that during the ambulance trip, the ambulance stopped to give her a massive injection of adrenaline.

Le Parisien and Reuters further reported that the Interior Minister, Jean-Pierre Chevenement, and the police chief for Paris, France, Phillippe Massoni, two of the most powerful figures in the land, were mystified about the whereabouts of the ambulance due to its failure to timely reach the hospital.

Assuming that ambulances in Paris, France in 1997 have radios or phones, answer why two men, among the most powerful in France, couldn't pick up a telephone and get an answer to the mystery.

Further, consider whether the ambulance was sent without a police escort, and, if so, why.

Subsequently the hospital asserted Diana received no injection of adrenaline during the ambulance ride. Was she treated at the hospital, upon her arrival, without full knowledge of what transpired during the ambulance ride? What did transpire? At the hospital was she (again) injected with adrenaline? Who was on the ambulance? What happened during an inordinate one hour trip with a VIP on board?

Why isn't the media actively and aggressively pursuing this important matter? If a parent found out it took one hour for an ambulance with his or her child to travel four miles after midnight to a hospital, would the parent be justified in being quite angry and entitled to know what happened. If that child was Prince William, would the focus of the inquiry be different than it apparently is with Diana? Would the English newspapers, and others throughout the world, declare: 'One Hour to Get to the Hospital!'

CONCLUSION: Based on the above, one can fairly assert that the death of Princess Diana may have its nexus more to the ambulance ride and the treatment during that ride than to the accident itself. With billions of people throughout the planet interested in her death and the cause thereof, it is a deep mystery of why the focus of investigators and media circumvent this critical area of inquiry, which paradoxically seemed to be a mystery to the French Interior Minister and the Police Chief of Paris as well. Our mystery ties in as to why a VIP may have been traveling without a police escort in an ambulance taking, without acceptable explanation, one hour to get to a hospital. The answers have been to transport the injured Diana safely and to "avoid bumps." In that case, it seems every other ambulance throughout the world operates on a different basis, in recognizing a need to get an injured person quickly to a hospital; here, where a team of doctors, awaiting Diana's arrival, may have saved her. To our minds, and the minds of any reasonable man or woman, the one hour trip is inexcusable and carries compelling questions which demand detailed answers.

flo
04-19-2011, 09:07 AM
I thought they waited too long as well. The paprazzi also hindered the efforts to save her.

I was kind of surprised at the depth of my sadness. I always liked her (and felt for her with that cheating sap she married) but it was almost like losing a friend.

I'm definitely going to watch the wedding.

County Mike
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about the royals or this wedding. I hope it rains for them and on all those saps having their street parties.

LOL - I finally agree on one of Blade's posts.

philips4
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
LOL - I finally agree on one of Blade's posts.
+1, Sorry Dave, I could care less about it too and I'm already tired of the hype its causing... I'm sick of the "news" covering rumors of what the dress will look like,whose making it, how long the train will be and other nonsense that I am subjected to before I'm quick enough to change the channel...who cares?! REALLY tired of it, ALREADY!

i don't know man .. tons of american channels are covering it, so i am sure more americans will be watching than you think ...

Oh you are right, they better not cut into any of my normal shows, if I miss an episode of Fringe for a dumb wedding!:laugh: Seriously though, a good day to catch up on things from your DVR! :Whistle:

VCURamFan
04-19-2011, 04:24 PM
+1, Sorry Dave, I could care less about it too and I'm already tired of the hype its causing... I'm sick of the "news" covering rumors of what the dress will look like,whose making it, how long the train will be and other nonsense that I am subjected to before I'm quick enough to change the channel...who cares?! REALLY tired of it, ALREADY!

Oh you are right, they better not cut into any of my normal shows, if I miss an episode of Fringe for a dumb wedding!:laugh: Seriously though, a good day to catch up on things from your DVR! :Whistle:
The only piece of wedding news I've actually heard is something I think is absolutely hilarious: Kate has invited 3 of Will's ex-girlfriends to the wedding. :happy0198:
http://tosh.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/toshpt0/art/tosh_201_swiss_ball_v6.jpg?width=512&height=288&crop=true

Miss Foxy
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I think a lot of Americans will be watching, Dave, in spite of what all these guys are saying. :)

+1

NateR
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the only reason Americans liked Princess Diana so much was because she was the 100% complete polar opposite of the entire Royal Family.

flo
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the only reason Americans liked Princess Diana so much was because she was the 100% complete polar opposite of the entire Royal Family.

I think you may be on to something there, Nate...

:)

Tyburn
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Your what...27???? Trust me.. your still a kid.. no offense intended.. but most people don't have an idea of what adulthood is.. until they are in their 30s.

I'm 30 in Eleven Months :rolleyes:

Tyburn
04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovFwNZHclMk Well everyone has a Royal Invitation none the less :happydancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8O44RQ_aWw you can even send them a video message LOL

rockdawg21
04-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm 30 in Eleven Months :rolleyes:
Cool, so in 11 months, you'll be an adult! :rolleyes:

Tyburn
04-19-2011, 07:27 PM

In England your Classed as an Adult for a few things at Sixteen years of age, most things at Eighteen Years of age, and Everything at Twenty One Years of age.

Being that I am over that age...I've been an adult for...what Eight Years :wink:

Thing is...I dont want to tern thirty...I shall feel old then :sad:

Twinsmama
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I think Diana was a good person. Her death is one of the instances that i remember where i was and what i was doing when it happened. (i'm 31) However that does not make me want to watch anyones wedding.

BamaGrits84
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM

Hey wait a second...I'm 27. :huh:

BamaGrits84
04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I won't be watching it for a few reason's.

1.) I am working that day.
2.) Immeditaely after I'm owned by a 6 year old and t-ball.
3.) I would watching wondering what all Tosh could find to make fun of.
4.) No sense in encouraging the media frenzy that killed her would be mother-in-law and that is already crazy over Kate.

Chuck
04-20-2011, 04:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRj8fbSBpio

:laugh::laugh:

We shall go to a BBQ hosted at my Sister Tiffanys House...that is if I manage to get the day off. Wal-Mart are trying to pretend its not a public bank holiday. What does one expect from an American Company that probably doesnt value the Monarchy...I've threatened to do unpaid leave if they dont voluntarily let me have the day off :laugh:

Who???? :Whistle:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-20-2011, 05:11 AM
I really don't see why I should really care! I got nothing against them but I just don't care! Let them get married and have thier party but don't expect me to watch it. Just like when the media was carrying on over Chelsea Clinton getting married. My thought was so what? Why should I care? I don't even pay that much attention to some of my Blood Kin!

TexasRN
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I really don't see why I should really care! I got nothing against them but I just don't care! Let them get married and have thier party but don't expect me to watch it. Just like when the media was carrying on over Chelsea Clinton getting married. My thought was so what? Why should I care? I don't even pay that much attention to some of my Blood Kin!

+1
This is exactly how I feel. I also don't want my regular tv programming interrupted for this wedding.

~Amy

Spiritwalker
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM

hahahaha... didn't even know she got married....

Tyburn
04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
+1
This is exactly how I feel. I also don't want my regular tv programming interrupted for this wedding.

~Amy

Since the wedding is happening at 11am GMT its VERY unlikely to disrupt your regular TV...unless you watch in the early hours.

I dont suppose they will repeat it later coz, seemingly most people dont care :unsure-1:

DonnaMaria
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I'll be watching! I watched Diana get married. I'm a sucker for romantic stuff.

TexasRN
04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Since the wedding is happening at 11am GMT its VERY unlikely to disrupt your regular TV...unless you watch in the early hours.

I dont suppose they will repeat it later coz, seemingly most people dont care :unsure-1:

There are some stations here who will be showing wedding prep the night before the wedding. Again, I wish them well. I just don't feel the need to watch. Then again, I'm not the romantic sort. :laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
04-21-2011, 04:03 AM
There are some stations here who will be showing wedding prep the night before the wedding. Again, I wish them well. I just don't feel the need to watch. Then again, I'm not the romantic sort. :laugh:

~Amy

I always wanted to be a princess! :ashamed: Hell, even NOW I want to be a princess!!!!!:laugh:

TexasRN
04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I always wanted to be a princess! :ashamed: Hell, even NOW I want to be a princess!!!!!:laugh:

I used to daydream about being a princess when I was a little girl but once I became a teenager I wanted way more anonymity than the princess life would allow. Now I just wanna be a billionaire, so freakin' bad! :laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8msHZ8wI7Y

Here is what Canterbury has to say on the issue :)

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
As long as I don't have to watch it or pay for it I wish them well! Beyond that I really don't care!

Tyburn
04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
As for the Queen, I think she acted disgracefully when Diana died.

By Far the worst thing the Queen has ever done was rob her sister of happiness.

She made Princess Margaret choose between Peter Townsend...and her Royal Privalage...you see...Princess Margaret suddenly found herself second in line to the throne when her Father was made King moments before the Second World War, by the abdication of his Brother...and when Elizabeth was Queen on his death...she didnt have children...and if anything were to have happened to her, Maragaret would have become Queen.

Margaret wanted to marry Peter Townsend...a Military devorcee...oh...bad idea...the only thing worse then marrying a devorcee for a Royal is to marry a Roman Catholic...it cant be done. Obviously the Church of England was going to do to her exactly what they did to her Father...They told her that if she got married to Peter, she could forget being second in line...infact she would be making herself exempt. The Parliament would not allow it, The Church would not allow it...but Her Father had just died, she was about to be Queen, and Margaret the Heir...could she really marry someone about ten years older WITH CHILDREN from a previous marriage that ended in Devorce?

The Queen and the Government decided it would be best to send Peter Townsend to the European Continent on deployment...that would get him away from Margaret. maybe coz of the move, maybe coz Towsend decided to marry someone else in France instead...he had waited the best part of half a decade. Margaret eventually caved in.

She later married someone she didnt really love and, suprise, suprise...she devorced him herself...She never really recovered...meanwhile, the Queen had children, and suddenly Margaret was so far from the throne, noone cared who she married anymore. She died reasonably young considering her Family Genetics have generally made the women live to the Centenary...she was bearly out of her 60s...she was mad as a hatter after having strokes and goodness knows what other mental issues. She died within a month of her Mother (infact...Margaret died BEFORE her Mother who was over 100 years of age) must have been a terrible Golden Jubillee for Elizabeth...she Celebrates in the summer, after her Sister and Mother both die in the spring....

That IMHO is the worst thing the Queen has been involved with, its so tragic :sad:

Tyburn
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Why should I care? I don't even pay that much attention to some of my Blood Kin!

Tyburn
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
As long as I don't have to watch it or pay for it I wish them well! Beyond that I really don't care!

You do realize that the timing of their marriage has nothing to do with love? They have been an item for years...they are marrying now because we are on hard times...and what do you suppose will be the result of a high profile marriage like that?

What if I told you that the Marriage this weekend will bring in more revenue to England then the Olympics :huh:

From the Queens perspective...this is about duty...which is why their announcment was made last fall, and they are married by the following summer...thats QUICK

The Royal Family are doing their part...they are a tourist attraction, they have opened up the ability to view the royal wedding ONLINE...remember...the Queen was not sure about TV broadcasting these kind of events when she first had to sacrifice her privacy for revenue...tourist revenue....that is what she would consider her duty...she is effectively providing for her people by doing this.

First she had a Christening last week, now a Wedding this next week, then the following month she is entertaining your President on his State Visit, then she has a second Royal Wedding, then her Husband will celebrate his 90th Birthday...and then we're into her Diamond Jubillee year, topped off by Her hosting the 2012 Olympics...Need I remind you...this woman, working full time...is in her LATE EIGHTIES... Not bad for a Great Grandparent...Still doing her duty...despite the fact much of her own people are MORE hostile towards her then some of the Americans...at least the Americans have an excuse not to care...they aint British...

Miss Foxy
04-26-2011, 10:41 PM
By Far the worst thing the Queen has ever done was rob her sister of happiness.

She made Princess Margaret choose between Peter Townsend...and her Royal Privalage...you see...Princess Margaret suddenly found herself second in line to the throne when her Father was made King moments before the Second World War, by the abdication of his Brother...and when Elizabeth was Queen on his death...she didnt have children...and if anything were to have happened to her, Maragaret would have become Queen.

Margaret wanted to marry Peter Townsend...a Military devorcee...oh...bad idea...the only thing worse then marrying a devorcee for a Royal is to marry a Roman Catholic...it cant be done. Obviously the Church of England was going to do to her exactly what they did to her Father...They told her that if she got married to Peter, she could forget being second in line...infact she would be making herself exempt. The Parliament would not allow it, The Church would not allow it...but Her Father had just died, she was about to be Queen, and Margaret the Heir...could she really marry someone about ten years older WITH CHILDREN from a previous marriage that ended in Devorce?

The Queen and the Government decided it would be best to send Peter Townsend to the European Continent on deployment...that would get him away from Margaret. maybe coz of the move, maybe coz Towsend decided to marry someone else in France instead...he had waited the best part of half a decade. Margaret eventually caved in.

She later married someone she didnt really love and, suprise, suprise...she devorced him herself...She never really recovered...meanwhile, the Queen had children, and suddenly Margaret was so far from the throne, noone cared who she married anymore. She died reasonably young considering her Family Genetics have generally made the women live to the Centenary...she was bearly out of her 60s...she was mad as a hatter after having strokes and goodness knows what other mental issues. She died within a month of her Mother (infact...Margaret died BEFORE her Mother who was over 100 years of age) must have been a terrible Golden Jubillee for Elizabeth...she Celebrates in the summer, after her Sister and Mother both die in the spring....

That IMHO is the worst thing the Queen has been involved with, its so tragic :sad:
How wicked of the Queen to do that!! Poor Margaret :sad:

Tyburn
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
How wicked of the Queen to do that!! Poor Margaret :sad:

To be fair...I suppose the Queen didnt have a choice either...but she could at least have made an attempt...as Queen, she is Head of the Church...so if she put her foot down, she probably could have forced them...and if the Church caved, Parliament would have followed...

...she was young, inexperienced...and she never wants to cause a fuss...to the extent that she ignored the public over the protests of the Iraq War...and she failed to respond to the expenses scandle of the Government.

I understand that she sees herself as doing duty...but there must come a point where you are prepared to actually USE the powers you have. She has no quarms within the commonwealth...but within Her own Country...she seems to never act...as Soverign she sees herself above the argument...which is lovely...but it means you cant appeal to her for help because she refuses to take sides...sometimes...I think she SHOULD take sides...but then I also recognise if she went against the Government without Public support...that would be the end of the longest Linage in History...I dont know...:unsure-1:

Play The Man
04-27-2011, 12:39 AM
We all expect a YouTube video blog of Tyburn celebrating the festivities.

flo
04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
FNC cancelled Red Eye this week to give live news reports on the Royal Wedding from the BBC.

Now it's personal.

:no:

:grumpy:

:muttering:

:punch:

:censored:

VCURamFan
04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/286447233.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304013760&Signature=SnpVxsxkA%2FMuNfBZ3yUm1JejYxQ%3D

Play The Man
04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
FNC cancelled Red Eye this week to give live news reports on the Royal Wedding from the BBC.

Now it's personal.

:no:

:grumpy:

:muttering:

:punch:

:censored:
I was going to post the same thing. This wedding has ruined my t.v. viewing this week.:angry:

flo
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I was going to post the same thing. This wedding has ruined my t.v. viewing this week.:angry:

I know you're a fan too, PTM.

Memo to Fox - Don't mess with our Red Eye. Grrrrrr

Hey, nice pic of a little box with a red "x", Ben.

VCURamFan
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I know you're a fan too, PTM.

Memo to Fox - Don't mess with our Red Eye. Grrrrrr

Dang it, why isn't it showing up??? :muttering:

Bonnie
04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey, do some of you need to go to the "Whine" thread? :tongue0011:

I thought I heard them say yesterday they expect 2 billion people will be watching.

He does post that "x" a lot! :laugh:

Dang it, why isn't it showing up??? :muttering:

Face it, it hates you! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-28-2011, 09:55 PM

I thought I heard them say yesterday they're expecting 2 billion people will be watching.

I am going to be watching with my daughter Alexandra. I have my kleenex, a specialized mini-cake made exclusively by Ralphs for the royal wedding, and some tea ready for the occasion!!! :happydancing:

VCURamFan
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, no joke! Now I'm getting the red x when I try to look at it!!! :banghead:

flo
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/concentrate.gif

*sigh* I suppose you're right, Bon.

I'm going to watch the wedding, I just don't want all this extra fluff. Especially during my Red Eye!

ok, now I'm whining again...:laugh:

flo
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/doglaughing.gif

Bonnie
04-28-2011, 11:26 PM
I am going to be watching with my daughter Alexandra. I have my kleenex, a specialized mini-cake made exclusively by Ralphs for the royal wedding, and some tea ready for the occasion!!! :happydancing:

I hadn't thought of cake and tea! :w00t: That's the spirit, Foxy! :laugh: Maybe I can rustle up some royal cookies...ooops, I believe the proper term is biscuits. :laugh:

I can't wait to see her dress! :)

flo
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM

That is so cool! You're doing it in syle, Miss F!

Miss Foxy
04-28-2011, 11:35 PM
I hadn't thought of cake and tea! :w00t: That's the spirit, Foxy! :laugh: Maybe I can rustle up some royal cookies...ooops, I believe the proper term is biscuits. :laugh:

I can't wait to see her dress! :)
I can imagine she is going to be so lovely!! She's such a pretty woman!! I hate the comparison to Lady Di.. No one will ever fill those shoes, but Kate is such a cutie....

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Yeah, no joke! Now I'm getting the red x when I try to look at it!!! :banghead:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I thought you were going to say something ELSE when I read, "Now I'm getting the red..." :ashamed:

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 03:01 AM
I can imagine she is going to be so lovely!! She's such a pretty woman!! I hate the comparison to Lady Di.. No one will ever fill those shoes, but Kate is such a cutie....

She seems to have a great sense of style. They were showing William earlier on tv--he surprised the crowd by coming out and greeting them and thanking them for coming out to wish him and Kate well. He reminded me so much of his mom when she would do that. Breaks my heart that she isn't here to see him get married. :cry:

They keep calling Camilla the "mother-in-law". :yuck: Why don't they call her "step-mother-in-law"! :irked: They said on tv the other night that she was scratching through the names of some of Diana's friends who were on the invite list. :punch: Shouldn't that be William and Kate's call...who's invited?

flo
04-29-2011, 04:40 AM
They keep calling Camilla the "mother-in-law". :yuck: Why don't they call her "step-mother-in-law"! :irked: They said on tv the other night that she was scratching through the names of some of Diana's friends who were on the invite list. :punch: Shouldn't that be William and Kate's call...who's invited?
Definitely. But, I guess, what else can we expect from the Rottweiler?

meow

Jonlion
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM
This thread is laughable! Lot of bitter, twisted and jealous people I suspect.

Its a wonderful day showing the best of London and Britain in all its pomp and circumstance. Its a truly beautiful celebration and service.

I am excited about it and am enjoying watching it as I type. I couldn't care what you lot think of it and don't care if you don't care - however lot of Americans are excited about it and care so there you go.

The President inaugaration don't affect me but I still enjoyed watching Obama's speech.

Anyway, off to enjoy my beautiful country, beautiful city on what is a glorious day.

Jonlion
04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
William and Kate and Harry will be the saviour of the royal family.

I aint a royalist by any means but still enjoy like them to be there in a streamlined capacity.

And for those not complaining about the wedding - my previous post is not aimed at you.

Big love

TexasRN
04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I did get upset this morning that all of the news coverage was on the wedding and not on the devastation here of 8 more tornadoes. There were almost 300 people killed by this storm and instead of covering that, we saw Kate's pretty dress. In my opinion, they should have pre-emtped the soap operas today to show the entire wedding so that everyone who wanted to see it could see it and those of us who needed to know more details about the storms' damage could learn what we needed.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
She seems to have a great sense of style. They were showing William earlier on tv--he surprised the crowd by coming out and greeting them and thanking them for coming out to wish him and Kate well. He reminded me so much of his mom when she would do that. Breaks my heart that she isn't here to see him get married. :cry:

Yes, Camilla should be referred to as the stepmonster!!!! :mad: Kate looked lovely, however I am going to admit I was hoping for a more huge dress!! lol. Her dress was very elegant and simple. I was hoping for something huge with a 25ft train...:ashamed: Kate's sister is beautiful as well..
William is such a sweetheart gee can him and Harry get any more handsome? Some of the guests needed help like beauty help! Fergies girls looked horrendous and scary! Harry's date Chelsea looked awful!
I kept thinking of Lady Di how she must be smiling down from heaven at how well her boys turned out. Gosh here I go crying again =(

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Definitely. But, I guess, what else can we expect from the Rottweiler?

meow

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes, Camilla should be referred to as the stepmonster!!!! :mad: Kate looked lovely, however I am going to admit I was hoping for a more huge dress!! lol. Her dress was very elegant and simple. I was hoping for something huge with a 25ft train...:ashamed: Kate's sister is beautiful as well..
William is such a sweetheart gee can him and Harry get any more handsome? Some of the guests needed help like beauty help! Fergies girls looked horrendous and scary! Harry's date Chelsea looked awful!
I kept thinking of Lady Di how she must be smiling down from heaven at how well her boys turned out. Gosh here I go crying again =(

:laugh: I LOVED IT that Fergie WASNT invited :laugh:

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
For those who missed it...here is a recording of the 1hr service...NO FLUFF and NO NARRATION :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53UaRWI1Vh4

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM

I know! I never liked her she reminded me of Miss Piggy. She had absolutely no class!! Her girls look like trash too..

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I know! I never liked her she reminded me of Miss Piggy. She had absolutely no class!! Her girls look like trash too..

No...the women themselves are beautiful....what made them look pig fugly was their stupid hats...Beatrice looked like some monument from the abbey wall had dropped off onto her head and she hadnt even noticed :blink:

There were an increadible number of POOR TASTE HATS in that Abbey today...and then there was Samantha Cameron....the wife of the Prime Minister...who didnt even bother to wear one at all :rolleyes:

Really...these ladies can do so much better...Ascot Racing prooves that each year....but then...noone would want to outshine the Bride would they...you note that she wore a tiara...and didnt have flowers in her hair...people have speculated that might be one place where the wants of the Palace overshadowed her own want...but I think with the veil she had chosen, flowers would look silly...the Tiara was perfect for her...I just hope she didnt borrow it from Camilla :unsure::laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 08:21 PM
No...the women themselves are beautiful....what made them look pig fugly was their stupid hats...Beatrice looked like some monument from the abbey wall had dropped off onto her head and she hadnt even noticed :blink:

There were an increadible number of POOR TASTE HATS in that Abbey today...and then there was Samantha Cameron....the wife of the Prime Minister...who didnt even bother to wear one at all :rolleyes:

Really...these ladies can do so much better...Ascot Racing prooves that each year....but then...noone would want to outshine the Bride would they...you note that she wore a tiara...and didnt have flowers in her hair...people have speculated that might be one place where the wants of the Palace overshadowed her own want...but I think with the veil she had chosen, flowers would look silly...the Tiara was perfect for her...I just hope she didnt borrow it from Camilla :unsure::laugh:Tyburn I am sorry it wasn't the hats they are hideous with or without the hats!! I ordinarily don't like Victoria Beckham, but she looked pretty.
The tiara was Queen Elizabeth's 18bday present from her mum... Camilla looked ugly as always... lol..

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
The tiara was Queen Elizabeth's 18bday present from her mum...

:scared0015: how do you know that :huh:

Thats certainly Royal Approval if correct coz the Queen and her Mother were really very close :ashamed:

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
:scared0015: how do you know that :huh:

Thats certainly Royal Approval if correct coz the Queen and her Mother were really very close :ashamed:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/245903-the-crown-jewels-kate-middleton-opts-for-diamond-jewellery-and-tiara/

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 08:48 PM
http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/245903-the-crown-jewels-kate-middleton-opts-for-diamond-jewellery-and-tiara/

:cry: ohhh...thats very special....One of the Greatest Royal Weddings in the History of the Monarchy was Elizabeth Bowes-lyons and "Bertie" He and She were a marriage of pure love which lasted...so for this gift to be originally bought by Him for Her...and then to be passed to Elizabeth Windsor on the day that she is recognised as a Legal person in her own right by the State, and to be passed, by her, after fifty nine years of Rule to a Commoner, for her Wedding.

That is as poingnent, as the fact that Catherines Engagement ring was Dianas special ring, by Her son.

This is a sign of endorsement, because its long been feared by the population that Catherine would be snubbed because she is neither Royalty, nor Nobility, and her marriage to a Future Heir, lifts her from Zero to Hero in the time it takes to say "I Do" How Royalty, steeped in Tradition, which has rules and a caste system would treat her, and indeed her side of the family...when they couldnt treat The Spencers (who were nobility) very well, was a serious worry, and a strain that many people have sited could be the thing around which weather this marriage works or not.

By passing this bit of finery to Catherine, the Queen is making the comparison, and symbolic attachments, of her own Parents...who were beloved by the nation despite his flaws, who were thrust from the quiet light into the limelight completely unexpectedly, Who inherited the Nation at a terrible time (1939) who stood strong, and connected to the public during the war, refusing the leave the palace despite its bombing. She is trying to draw the comparison of her parents love and committment to duty, over to Catherine and William

please note, this endorsement seems to far outweight her endorsement of Charles and Camilla....The Queen you must remember IS NOT Williams Mother...she is his Grandmother. She is evidently drawing Catherine well and truely into the family...anyone might be forgiven for thinking, that after the fuss everyone has made, and after the depth of the Queens gift has been revealed...that we would much rather Willam III succeed Elizabeth II then Charles III :ninja:

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 09:06 PM
William and Kate and Harry will be the saviour of the royal family.

I aint a royalist by any means but still enjoy like them to be there in a streamlined capacity.

And for those not complaining about the wedding - my previous post is not aimed at you.

Big love

I think they will be too, Jon. William reminded me so much of his mom yesterday when he came out to greet all the people who were spending the night out there for today.

I thought everything went off very well. The aerial view of the mall showing the masses of people walking to Buckingham Palace was just incredible. A beautiful day indeed for your country. :)

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 09:17 PM
The aerial view of the mall showing the masses of people walking to Buckingham Palace was just incredible.

Wasnt that a sight...No wonder Catherines first word on the balconey was "wow" :ashamed:

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Wasnt that a sight...No wonder Catherines first word on the balconey was "wow" :ashamed:

Was it? :laugh: I haven't watched that yet. I faded soon after the vows, but I'll watch it later. :)

I heard some of the commentors saying that Prince Harry originally had Diana's engagement ring and William asked him if he could have it to give to Kate. They were talking about how close the brothers are... :)

Onto hats! A lot of those hats were just crazy! :laugh: Did you see the ones that sat right on their foreheads like vertically? :blink: I was trying to see how they were "attached" to their head! One lady nearly took some guy's eye out with hers; it had some spirally points and she kept turning her head and he'd rear back before she jabbed him. :laugh:

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Why do they spell the shortened version of her name Catherine, "Kate", instead of "Cate"?

flo
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Ditto on all points!!

I watched it live until a bit after the ceremony started, just couldn't keep my eyes open after that! I saw the carriage carrying the newlyweds this morning and it put a lump in my throat.

Westminster Abbey is such a fantastic place, think of the history there!!

flo
04-29-2011, 09:43 PM

You're mean!

:ninja:

I felt sorry for poor, old Fergie.

*sniff*

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Ditto on all points!!

I watched it live until a bit after the ceremony started, just couldn't keep my eyes open after that! I saw the carriage carrying the newlyweds this morning and it put a lump in my throat.

Westminster Abbey is such a fantastic place, think of the history there!!

The architecture! It is something!

Bonnie
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't think anyone has commented on her bouquet yet. I thought it was too small...could have been a little bigger with maybe another bigger-petalled flower to go with the mirth(?).

Miss Foxy
04-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't think anyone has commented on her bouquet yet. I thought it was too small...could have been a little bigger with maybe another bigger-petalled flower to go with the mirth(?).

I thought the same thing kinda small. Here are the flowers that were in it.. Hyacinth, Lily of the Valley, Sweet William, and Myrtle.. The Myrtle were from Queen Victoria's garden I guess its a tradition...

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Who do they spell the shortened version of her name Catherine, "Kate", instead of "Cate"?

Kate...is what she likes to be called...but the name on the Birth Certificate, and indeed her siggie is "Catherine" Princess/Queen Catherine is fine...not sure the Royals are ready for Queen Kate :laugh:

Tyburn
04-29-2011, 10:20 PM
The architecture! It is something!

Its quite Classic for a Gothic Cathedral...apart from the high vaulted ceiling, I dont think its very attractive...the west end is too...blocky...the Great West Door is too small...the whole Quire has a rather unstylish Royal Blue actually stuck to the wooden pannels behind the Prebendal Seats...The Quire Stalls take up half the Nave (and even the Nave is collegic...which is very strange indeed) The Crossing and Transepts are further east of the Quire...which is just plain shoddy design if you ask me, it also makes for an almost non existant Saquerium.

As its a Royal Peculiar it can pretty much be and do whatever it likes...We used to call it Westminster Shabby :laugh::ashamed:

...and what WAS she thinking with those trees :blink:

flo
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM

I thought the same thing kinda small. Here are the flowers that were in it.. Hyacinth, Lily of the Valley, Sweet William, and Myrtle.. The Myrtle were from Queen Victoria's garden I guess its a tradition...

I agree, ladies, it could have been a larger bouquet. All I heard about was the Lily of the Valley, QEII's favorite. I love it that she included Sweet William.

flo
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Its quite Classic for a Gothic Cathedral...apart from the high vaulted ceiling, I dont think its very attractive...the west end is too...blocky...the Great West Door is too small...the whole Quire has a rather unstylish Royal Blue actually stuck to the wooden pannels behind the Prebendal Seats...The Quire Stalls take up half the Nave (and even the Nave is collegic...which is very strange indeed) The Crossing and Transepts are further east of the Quire...which is just plain shoddy design if you ask me, it also makes for an almost non existant Saquerium.

As its a Royal Peculiar it can pretty much be and do whatever it likes...We used to call it Westminster Shabby :laugh::ashamed:

I liked the trees! :laugh:

Oh well, variety is the spice of life, eh?

Jonlion
04-29-2011, 11:29 PM

I thought the trees looked amazing - brought some more colour and life into the Abbey

flo
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I thought the trees looked amazing - brought some more colour and life into the Abbey

Absolutely, Jon, I thought they were wonderful.

Bonnie
04-30-2011, 02:25 AM

I agree, ladies, it could have been a larger bouquet. All I heard about was the Lily of the Valley, QEII's favorite. I love it that she included Sweet William.

I knew I hadn't gotten that quite right, "myrtle". I guess I could have googled--I didn't realize it had all those other flowers in it; it looked like it was just made up of one type of flower--it looked like just one bunch of the myrtle to me from the view I got of it. That's why I commented on it--the size and what I thought was just one type of flower used. Glad I have you girls to set me straight on what's what! :laugh:

Bonnie
04-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Kate...is what she likes to be called...but the name on the Birth Certificate, and indeed her siggie is "Catherine" Princess/Queen Catherine is fine...not sure the Royals are ready for Queen Kate :laugh:

Ooops, I just noticed I put "who" instead of "why" in my question. But I wasn't asking "why they call her that", but rather why they don't spell the shortened version "Cate" with a "C" rather than a "K" since it's Catherine not Katherine? :)

I just think the "details"...the shapes...things like that are interesting/something. That impacts you most when watching on tv. I don't really care for the layout as for the way people are seated and the break between the front and back. I did think that was a fantastic shot with the camera above looking down on it all while they were at the altar.

I'm with you on the trees. I liked that it gave some color, but it just seemed kind of a distraction in a way. IMO

Big surprise there! :laugh:

Btw, I love trees too. Maybe actually being there and seeing them would make a difference. :)

VCURamFan
04-30-2011, 03:26 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/royal-fail.jpg

flo
04-30-2011, 03:43 AM
OMG, lol!!!

Miss Foxy
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM

That's just wrong...:unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Ooops, I just noticed I put "who" instead of "why" in my question. But I wasn't asking "why they call her that", but rather why they don't spell the shortened version "Cate" with a "C" rather than a "K" since it's Catherine not Katherine? :)

I just think the "details"...the shapes...things like that are interesting/something. That impacts you most when watching on tv. I don't really care for the layout as for the way people are seated and the break between the front and back. I did think that was a fantastic shot with the camera above looking down on it all while they were at the altar.

I'm with you on the trees. I liked that it gave some color, but it just seemed kind of a distraction in a way. IMO

Big surprise there! :laugh:

Btw, I love trees too. Maybe actually being there and seeing them would make a difference. :)

All British Katherines, or Catherines are shortened to Kate...or Katie...you dont get Cate in England...that seems to be purely American..I dont know why :ashamed:

Tyburn
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM

I dont recall that happening on the Balconey :laugh:

But there will now be pressure on Catherine to have Children...and a little known fact is that the Royal Honeymooners of old used to be watched all night in their grotto by members of the court...it was important to see that the Royal Incubator was switched on :laugh::ashamed:

Now...they are alone in the bedroom...but it hasnt always been that way :ninja:

VCURamFan
05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I dont recall that happening on the Balconey :laugh:

But there will now be pressure on Catherine to have Children...and a little known fact is that the Royal Honeymooners of old used to be watched all night in their grotto by members of the court...it was important to see that the Royal Incubator was switched on :laugh::ashamed:

Now...they are alone in the bedroom...but it hasnt always been that way :ninja:

Finally, someone who can see my pic!!!