PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz Retiring from MMA

VCURamFan
04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
...and signed to fight Fernado Vargas:

http://middleeasy.com/images/stories/Author_Zeus/2011/04/ndiaz_.jpg
Earlier this morning I made a blind statement that nothing will happen within the MMA world today and suggested that everyone should just go back to sleep. I dreamed that I was somewhere in the Pacific Rim, island hopping via a small white boat that had warp technology. I believed it to be true for nearly 10 minutes after I finally stepped out of bed until I realized that it all took place within the dreamscape. Damn. What an absolute letdown. The only thing that could trump the news of a boat that has warp technology would be Nick Diaz potentially quitting MMA and possibly fighting Fernando Vargas in a boxing match. Check out this clip from HDNet's Inside MMA of Cesar Gracie saying the fight is already signed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0870p1Tev3M&feature=player_embedded

F34R
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
i doubt he retires from mma.

VCURamFan
04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
i doubt he retires from mma.
I think that, based on his beliefs of being over-wroke & under-paid, he'd love to retire. However, as soon as fighters *coughcoughMAYHEMcoughcough* start calling him out for running (Scared, homie?), he'll be back in a flahs to defend himself.

He'd love to take off for the greener pastures of pro boxing, but his pride won't let him.

County Mike
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Or if he gets tuned up in the pro boxing ring, he'll realize his home is the cage.

rearnakedchoke
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
once he realizes he gets tooled in boxing, or that he will make just as much in mma, he'll be back ...

JavierDLC
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Nick is a great MMA fighter but to think he could hang with a pro boxer? That's just crazy. Even if it's a way passed his prime Vargas.... I still see Fernando Stopping him in the Middle rounds.

But I'm not going to lie! I will be watching this fight :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I think that, based on his beliefs of being over-wroke & under-paid, he'd love to retire. However, as soon as fighters *coughcoughMAYHEMcoughcough* start calling him out for running (Scared, homie?), he'll be back in a flahs to defend himself.

He'd love to take off for the greener pastures of pro boxing, but his pride won't let him.

Why do you always insist he is dodging Mayhem? Based on what Mayhem says? Ok ask Mayhem why he will only fight at middleweight..:rolleyes:

wavetar
04-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Why do you always insist he is dodging Mayhem? Based on what Mayhem says? Ok ask Mayhem why he will only fight at middleweight..:rolleyes:

I don't think he's saying that? It seems to me he's just saying that Mayhem will likely be the first to claim Diaz is 'still ducking him'.

Miss Foxy
04-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't think he's saying that? It seems to me he's just saying that Mayhem will likely be the first to claim Diaz is 'still ducking him'.

This is regarding a little debate he and I have regarding this topic..:tongue0011:

J.B.
04-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Or if he gets tuned up in the pro boxing ring, he'll realize his home is the cage.

This

StizzoFoShizzo
04-21-2011, 06:51 AM
I don't know if Diaz is ducking Mayhem or not, but it sure seems like he's been ducking the UFC WW division.

VCURamFan
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM

This is regarding a little debate he and I have regarding this topic..:tongue0011:

Hahaha, I wasn't saying that he was ducking Mayhem, just that Mayhem would try & twist it that way. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Hahaha, I wasn't saying that he was ducking Mayhem, just that Mayhem would try & twist it that way. :laugh:

:tongue0011: