PDA

View Full Version : Dingbat woman paints her sons toenails! Pink of all things!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-13-2011, 03:30 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/child-rearing-101-would-you-paint-your-sons-toenails-pink/

flo
04-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Poor kid.

Here is the definitive statement:

But some child rearing experts see foul play here. Dr. Keith Ablow, no stranger to us at The Blaze, reacted by noting, "This is a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity.”

Is it because these women are afraid of men? Or just want to castrate them? I really don't understand this whole dynamic but it drives me crazy.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/pullhair.gif

BamaGrits84
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Poor kid.

Here is the definitive statement:

Is it because these women are afraid of men? Or just want to castrate them? I really don't understand this whole dynamic but it drives me crazy.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/pullhair.gif

My firend does this crap and it is sickening. She thinks if her son wants to do something girlie his sister is doing he could get to. She doesn't see that he needs to be taught boys and girls are different. She let the poor child get an lisa frank or hello kitty (something very girlie) binder to start kindergarten with! She has even let him wear her clothes if he wants to! I just want to scream my word woman put that boy on a ball field and teach him how to fish!

flo
04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
My firend does this crap and it is sickening. She thinks if her son wants to do something girlie his sister is doing he could get to. She doesn't see that he needs to be taught boys and girls are different. She let the poor child get an lisa frank or hello kitty (something very girlie) binder to start kindergarten with! She has even let him wear her clothes if he wants to! I just want to scream my word woman put that boy on a ball field and teach him how to fish!

And they just are different. I think some parents really mess up their kids (or at least confuse them) when they attempt to switch gender role-playing. My brothers wanted to play "war" at a very young age! We girls wanted dolls and ribbons. My sister said her boy could make sounds like explosions at about 2!! She didn't teach him, it just came natural! :laugh:

I'm so thankful my parents weren't like this one. :no:

BamaGrits84
04-13-2011, 04:59 PM
And they just are different. I think some parents really mess up their kids (or at least confuse them) when they attempt to switch gender role-playing. My brothers wanted to play "war" at a very young age! We girls wanted dolls and ribbons. My sister said her boy could make sounds like explosions at about 2!! She didn't teach him, it just came natural! :laugh:

I'm so thankful my parents weren't like this one. :no:

My brothers' played with my Barbies. They tried to microwave them and removed their arms to use as swords for their GI Joes and would sling shot her shoes at each other. :laugh:

flo
04-13-2011, 05:42 PM
My brothers' played with my Barbies. They tried to microwave them and removed their arms to use as swords for their GI Joes and would sling shot her shoes at each other. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NateR
04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I just want to scream my word woman put that boy on a ball field and teach him how to fish!

While I agree that children MUST be taught gender roles, I think it can be just as bad to force gender stereotypes upon any child. When I was a kid, I hated sports. Most of my time outdoors was spent studying plants and bugs or building tiny, action-figure-sized forts out of dirt and sticks. When I was indoors, I just wanted to read books or watch cartoons.

I had no interest in "girlie" stuff, but I had just as little interest in "boy" stuff, like playing games with other kids or anything that involved physical exertion and/or social interaction.

So, yes, gender roles need to be established, but forcing kids to fit into narrow-minded, gender stereotypes could actually have the opposite effect than parents are hoping for. Fortunately, my dad recognized early on that my brother and I had no interest in sports or competition as kids, thus he never pushed it on us at all.

To comment on the news story itself: pink is only a "girlie" color to us because of the culture that we were raised in. There is nothing inherently feminine about the color pink itself. But in modern American culture, it's perceived as feminine, so parents need to be mindful of that.

However, I think this kid enjoys the attention and time spent with his mom more than the pink nail polish. The mother is clearly manipulating her kid as a Feminist, political statement and that's wrong on every level.

BamaGrits84
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
While I agree that children MUST be taught gender roles, I think it can be just as bad to force gender stereotypes upon any child. When I was a kid, I hated sports. Most of my time outdoors was spent studying plants and bugs or building tiny, action-figure-sized forts out of dirt and sticks. When I was indoors, I just wanted to read books or watch cartoons.

I had no interest in "girlie" stuff, but I had just as little interest in "boy" stuff, like playing games with other kids or anything that involved physical exertion and/or social interaction.

So, yes, gender roles need to be established, but forcing kids to fit into narrow-minded, gender stereotypes could actually have the opposite effect than parents are hoping for. Fortunately, my dad recognized early on that my brother and I had no interest in sports or competition as kids, thus he never pushed it on us at all.

To comment on the news story itself: pink is only a "girlie" color to us because of the culture that we were raised in. There is nothing inherently feminine about the color pink itself. But in modern American culture, it's perceived as feminine, so parents need to be mindful of that.

However, I think this kid enjoys the attention and time spent with his mom more than the pink nail polish. The mother is clearly manipulating her kid as a Feminist, political statement and that's wrong on every level.

I don't mean force it on him but give him access to activities that help him understand being a boy. If your son asks for a hello kitty folder you say those are for girls, how about this blue one or this hulk one. If he wants to go get a pedicure done just because his siter got one(and yes she did allow this too) you saw no that is what girls do but lets go to bass pro or for a bike ride. The option doesn't have to be manly but it should be something that is clearly not just for girls.

BamaGrits84
04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I just read this article. I wonder if the kids thinks this is just being silly for the camera or if this is something he actually likes to do.

Chuck Liddell paints his toe nails. Though not pink that I am aware of.

flo
04-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Very good points, Nate.

I was somewhat the same, I enjoyed reading over playing with dolls. Mainly I just liked being outdoors and my biggest dream was to have a horse. :-)

VCURamFan
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I just read this article. I wonder if the kids thinks this is just being silly for the camera or if this is something he actually likes to do.

Chuck Liddell paints his toe nails. Though not pink that I am aware of.
Yeah, but Chuck does that to keep his toenails from splitting open when he kicks people. Also, I don't think he's very gender-confused. :laugh:

(he likes to alternate black/pink with each toe).

BamaGrits84
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but Chuck does that to keep his toenails from splitting open when he kicks people. Also, I don't think he's very gender-confused. :laugh:

(he likes to alternate black/pink with each toe).

Are you joking about the kicking thing? It tells in his book why but I was thinking it was something else. I'll check when I get home.

Chuck
04-14-2011, 12:44 AM

I'm not sure I could call interacting socially or playing with other children "boy stuff". I think encouraging that is just good parenting. I wouldn't force it, but definitely encourage it.

I know that you're not the most socially outgoing person in the world, looking back do you think that had any sort of a negative impact on you?