PDA

View Full Version : France's controversial burqa ban takes effect

Spiritwalker
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM
What's with France having a spine lately......

I might have to go and order me up some of Dem Dare French Fires.. and have me some Frencie Toast tomorrow morning....

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/10/french-police-arrest-burqa-ban-protesters/?hpt=C1

Paris (CNN) French police Monday arrested two veiled women protesting the country's new law banning Islamic veils such as burqas and niqabs just hours after the legislation took effect.

The arrests outside Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris were not for wearing the prohibited garments. Police say the women were arrested for participating in an unauthorized protest. But they still reflect the high passions the ban, which took effect Monday, has incited among some Muslims.

One woman who disapproves of the ban said no one forces her to wear the niqab, a full-face veil with an opening for her eyes, and she should be left alone.

Read about American women who wear Islamic headscarves

"I've not committed a crime," said Hind Amas. "I'm walking peacefully in the street. I've not attacked anyone."

The ban pertains to the burqa, a full-body covering that includes a mesh over the face, as well as the niqab.

Read about two Tennessee sisters who wear the hijab

The hijab, which covers the hair and neck but not the face, and the chador, which covers the body but not the face, apparently are not banned by the law.

"The ban does not target the wearing of a headscarf, head gear, scarf or glasses, as long as the accessories do not prevent the person from being identified," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

Miss Foxy
04-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I love it!! First time France has ever done anything smart..:) The hijab isn't banned so those muslims better keep their pie holes shut!

Tyburn
04-11-2011, 11:25 PM
not bad for a future "islamic state" is it, as some people have claimed Europe is the new Eurasia :ninja:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-12-2011, 12:57 AM
What's with France having a spine lately......

I might have to go and order me up some of Dem Dare French Fires.. and have me some Frencie Toast tomorrow morning....

Scary ain't it! You reckon they secretly imported W to run their National security? Guess I'm gonna have to put away my French insults for awhile. At least until they revert back to spineless!

Crisco
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Step one.. Admit multiculturalism has failed.
Step two.. Ban Islamic face coverings.
step three.. Send them all back to the middle east and build a system to pump out all of their oil while not having to be involved with in any way shape or form

Step 4... Profit.