PDA

View Full Version : Cops Use Pepper Spray on 8-Year Olds

rockdawg21
04-06-2011, 02:50 AM
There's a video on the inside. From what the people are saying, if the kid was trying to stab people with the wood trim (even the child admitted that he was holding the wood trim), I don't have a problem with using that type of force.

http://nation.foxnews.com/justice/2011/04/05/cops-pepper-spray-8-year-old
Cops Pepper-Spray 8-Year-Old

By: Stephanie Liebergen

A police spokesman said officers made "not only the right choice, they made a great choice" in pepper-spraying an 8-year-old boy because of a temper tantrum.

The police were called to Glennon Heights Elementary on Feb. 22 because of the second grader's violent temper.

The police report says 8-year-old Aiden was "climbing the cart and spitting at teachers. He also broke wood trim off the walls and was trying to stab teachers with it."

The report continues, saying Aiden was holding something that looked like a sharpened stick and he screamed, "Get away from me you f---ers."

flo
04-06-2011, 03:08 AM
I was sorry to see a pet in the household with the little monster. He calls the police f@#$%s? And no dad in the story, that's not good.

I disagree with pepper-spraying him, however. I think the police should be able to handle an 8 year-old that weighs under 100#; then expel him and make the mom get some help for her spawn before it's too late. This is a sad, sad story, the kid doesn't have much of a chance, IMO.

Neezar
04-06-2011, 03:24 AM
I would take the pepper spray over them physically trying to restrain him. That would get ugly fast. They are used to man handling adults and not children. Too big of a chance that the boy would be hurt.

Neezar
04-06-2011, 03:24 AM
What would you think of a parent pepper spraying a teenage boy? :unsure-1:

Chuck
04-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Did ya see the grin on the chubby little brat? He doesn't look the least bit remorseful or like he's taking this serious at all. The police have been called out to the school 2 other times this year to deal with him???? And he's 8???? He said he was looking for something sharp to keep people away!

I think they should have tazed the little brat personally.

3 miles from my house at a Jr. High school this morning a 7th grade boy stabbed a Sheriffs Deputy in the stomach, shoulder and arm with a knife. Maybe a little pepper spray to that kid a few years earlier would have prevented what happened this morning?

rockdawg21
04-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Wow, that's crazy stuff Chuck! Yeah, I noticed how that kid had a smirk on his face; it's almost like he's getting a kick out of the attention.

Chuck
04-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Wow, that's crazy stuff Chuck! Yeah, I noticed how that kid had a smirk on his face; it's almost like he's getting a kick out of the attention.

Bingo!

NateR
04-06-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't think pepper spray was severe enough for that brat.

If he's capable of that at 8-years-old, then what's he going to be capable of at 18-years-old?

rockdawg21
04-06-2011, 04:24 AM
I don't think pepper spray was severe enough for that brat.

If he's capable of that at 8-years-old, then what's he going to be capable of at 18-years-old?
Soon enough, he's going to carry pepper spray, and he'll advance to other things most likely.

flo
04-06-2011, 04:43 AM
What would you think of a parent pepper spraying a teenage boy? :unsure-1:

Were you asking me, Neez? I guess I'd think it's a good idea if they were out of control, there are some scary teens out there.

I see your point about being physical with the 8 yr old, though. Guess I hadn't thought about that aspect.

The only thing I'm sure of is that there is a law suit in the making over this incident.

flo
04-06-2011, 04:44 AM
3 miles from my house at a Jr. High school this morning a 7th grade boy stabbed a Sheriffs Deputy in the stomach, shoulder and arm with a knife.

That's horrible. :cry:

County Mike
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I have a real problem with the police pepper spraying this kid.

They should have punted him across the room.

Spiritwalker
04-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Prolly a bit less dangerous than using OC gas.. granted I wasn't there.. and it was most likely done to keep him safe as possible.l...

But I would have rather seen a cop step up and backhand the brat.

rearnakedchoke
04-06-2011, 01:18 PM
i am sure the cops didn't need to use the pepper spray, but it probably saved the kid some pain .. doesn't look like the parents are going to punish the kid ... if i had pulled a stunt like that, i'd hope to be tazed and thrown in jail for fear of the beats i'd get when i got home .. sigh, but it is a different time ...

Neezar
04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
i am sure the cops didn't need to use the pepper spray, but it probably saved the kid some pain .. doesn't look like the parents are going to punish the kid ... if i had pulled a stunt like that, i'd hope to be tazed and thrown in jail for fear of the beats i'd get when i got home .. sigh, but it is a different time ...
I know, right

DonnaMaria
04-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I have a real problem with the police pepper spraying this kid.

That made me laugh so hard coffee almost came out my nose!:laugh:

Yeah, it is a sad, sad situation right now. Some kids are downright wild!:cry::angry: Their parents should get the pepper spray! :angry:

Last Friday the preschool teacher in the room next to mine was choked with her own scarf by a wild student! She told him that it was time for him to give someone else a turn on the computer and he lost it! He threw the keyboard on the floor and knocked a table over and then when the teacher tried to restrain him he grabbed her scarf and pulled it up to choke her! She was turning red and her aide had to pry the kid off of her.

And this kid has no remorse about it. None. He was laughing too.

Miss Foxy
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I was one of those kids.. I would laugh when I got a beat down.. My moms German she don't play I got hit with a paddle and or anything in site and I would laugh.. I am glad I did not end up some outlaw..
The kid probably has deeper issues than just being a brat.. Parents have a rough road ahead and I hope they do something or this guy will have a not so bright future...

Llamafighter
04-06-2011, 04:00 PM
This reminds me of the debate we had on here about the old lady getting pulled over and the cop using excessive force with the taser.

I honestly do not see why the officers weren't able to get the stick away from the kid.
blinding the kid momentarily? what if he'd fallen and impaled himself. I'd be interested to see a video of how it happened exactly.

rearnakedchoke
04-06-2011, 05:23 PM
This reminds me of the debate we had on here about the old lady getting pulled over and the cop using excessive force with the taser.

I honestly do not see why the officers weren't able to get the stick away from the kid.
blinding the kid momentarily? what if he'd fallen and impaled himself. I'd be interested to see a video of how it happened exactly.

well, i also thought of that and i was given a hard time because i thought the cop did the right thing in tazing the old lady ... she repeatedly resisted arrest and was tazed for it ... then she lied about it later, and should have been tazed again ...

like i said in my post, i am sure the cops could have gotten the stick away from the kid, but we don't know exactly what happened ... at least in the video, the old lady was warned that she was going to get tazed and then lit up ...

flo
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
[/B]

Last Friday the preschool teacher in the room next to mine was choked with her own scarf by a wild student! She told him that it was time for him to give someone else a turn on the computer and he lost it! He threw the keyboard on the floor and knocked a table over and then when the teacher tried to restrain him he grabbed her scarf and pulled it up to choke her! She was turning red and her aide had to pry the kid off of her.

And this kid has no remorse about it. None. He was laughing too.

OMG.

I think rearnakedchoke had a good point; a healthy fear of one's parents reaction is a good deterrent. Some of these people that pass as "parents" today are pathetic. And the kids they're churning out reflect that. Of course, the schools can't lift a bloody finger or they are sued. I personally would get whacked by Sister Mary Steel Ruler when I was out of line...and with my parents full consent and approval.

Neezar
04-06-2011, 06:43 PM

The kid plainly states he was looking for something sharp to hold them off with. So he probaly would have stabbed at someone if approached. Would you want the cop to chance getting stabbed and then the kid goes to prison for assault instead of on TV smirking?

We had a deputy who grabbed a woman'sjust as she was rushing towards her domestic opponent(the one she had been previously beating about the head and face), the woman fell just as she was grabbed, she twisted as she went down and it snapped her wrist. What do you think happened to that deputy? His career?

If I were a cop, no way I would take my chances if I had an option that was much safer for the child to be taken under control.

And if it were my child I would much rather he be maced than be physically manhandled.

Too many things could go wrong when you have man vs child in a violatile situation.

And I have been maced. :ninja: More than once. :laugh: It wears off soon enough with no lasting harm.

Spiritwalker
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Some of these people that pass as "parents" today are pathetic.

AGREED!!!

I have on file at my kids school that no one is to administer ANY kind of corporal punishment... That is only up to me and my wife.. too many teachers.. also shouldn't be teachers... but that's just been my experience with a few.. I would like to think that the majority are good..

flo
04-06-2011, 07:01 PM
And I have been maced. :ninja: More than once. :laugh: It wears off soon enough with no lasting harm.

Whaaaaat?!?

I think this calls for a separate thread with all the details so we can discuss...

:)

Miss Foxy
04-06-2011, 07:06 PM
The kid plainly states he was looking for something sharp to hold them off with. So he probaly would have stabbed at someone if approached. Would you want the cop to chance getting stabbed and then the kid goes to prison for assault instead of on TV smirking?

We had a deputy who grabbed a woman'sjust as she was rushing towards her domestic opponent(the one she had been previously beating about the head and face), the woman fell just as she was grabbed, she twisted as she went down and it snapped her wrist. What do you think happened to that deputy? His career?

If I were a cop, no way I would take my chances if I had an option that was much safer for the child to be taken under control.

And if it were my child I would much rather he be maced than be physically manhandled.

Too many things could go wrong when you have man vs child in a violatile situation.

Neezar is gangsta!! :)

Spiritwalker
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Neezar is gangsta!! :)

We tried it at my dojo.. a few of us... as long as you don't have a beathing issue.. nah.. it sucks.. but not that bad.. a back hand across the face would have taught the kid a little better.. IMO...

flo
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
We tried it at my dojo.. a few of us... as long as you don't have a beathing issue.. nah.. it sucks.. but not that bad.. a back hand across the face would have taught the kid a little better.. IMO...

Now don't say that! I'm hoping it's something from her crazy anarchist days...

Tyburn
04-06-2011, 08:16 PM
No...I dont think they should have used spray.

I think they should have used a tazer...probably hurts more :laugh:

BamaGrits84
04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think there is a low enough voltage for to safely taser a child this age that liekly weighs 60-70 pounds.

Haven't you ever seen on Hangover where the big guy has to get taser extra? :laugh:

I think this kid needs to be put in a mental hospital and if his mom has not sought help she needs to be locked up for neglect. And the parents from this school need to refuse to send their kids back if he is there if the school doesn't remove him. I wish one of his classmates would have pulled a David on his and thrown something directly to the forehead (and KO'd not Goliathed him).

Neezar
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Now don't say that! I'm hoping it's something from her crazy anarchist days...

Nothing that exciting. Everyone got maced when the deputies started carrying it years ago. The idea was to give them a chance to learn how to manage if sprayed by the perpetrator or accidentally by another deputy. :Whistle: (Which happened frequently,at first. lol) The first time I was maced for experience and the second was by accident.

Moral of the story: Don't mace a suspect in a small closed room or else everybody cries. :laugh:

We had one deputy that sprayed his finger and sniffed it regularly. He said it was great for sinus issues. :mellow:

Side note: The deputies had to get zapped before carrying tasers, too.

Twinsmama
04-06-2011, 08:45 PM
AGREED!!!

I have on file at my kids school that no one is to administer ANY kind of corporal punishment... That is only up to me and my wife.. too many teachers.. also shouldn't be teachers... but that's just been my experience with a few.. I would like to think that the majority are good..

i'm not sure i understand exactly what that would mean in a case like this. if this was your kid what would you expect the other people to do. what is your kid was 15 and was physically hurting someone else. what would you expect to be done or not done. or are you just meaning no spanking/paddling. there is no physical punishment at our schools so that isn't even something i need to worry about.

i can't imagine having a child that would behave like this. i would imagine there are some mental issues and obviously some things wrong at home. the cops have been to the school 2 xs before for this kid? it should be once and you are out. that is crazy!

does anyone know the rules on spanking in your own house? i do spank my kids and have always done that.

Twinsmama
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Nothing that exciting. Everyone got maced when the deputies started carrying it years ago. The idea was to give them a chance to learn how to manage if sprayed by the perpetrator or accidentally by another deputy. :Whistle: (Which happened frequently,at first. lol) The first time I was maced for experience and the second was by accident.

Moral of the story: Don't mace a suspect in a small closed room or else everybody cries. :laugh:

We had one deputy that sprayed his finger and sniffed it regularly. He said it was great for sinus issues. :mellow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'm sure you have plenty of stories that would crack us up!

flo
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Oh gosh, the second time was "extra" experience then.

:unsure:

Bonnie
04-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Sounds like that "Sinus Buster" stuff my husband uses. I think it's got pepper in it. :laugh:

Bonnie
04-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I think something is wrong with this kid and it's good he's going to see a doctor for his "anger stuff".

What really got me is the mother when she's talking about how the school called the police two other times and they "talked him down" and she doesn't understand why they couldn't just do that again. :blink: I think she needs to see the doctor too!

flo
04-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I think something is wrong with this kid and it's good he's going to see a doctor for his "anger stuff".

What really got me is the mother when she's talking about how the school called the police two other times and they "talked him down" and she doesn't understand why they couldn't just do that again. :blink: I think she needs to see the doctor too!

That was my first thought too, Bonnie. After all, she's the "adult"...

DonnaMaria
04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
That was my first thought too, Bonnie. After all, she's the "adult"...

Sadly, many parents don't act very "adult like."

They try to be buddies with their kids, never discipline them or tell them no and they never allow them to feel rejection or disappointment. All those things are a fact of life. Many kids today aren't learning basic discipline principals and anger management from their parents and they are growing into undisciplined kids, preteens and adults.

This kid was never taught how to manage his behavior when his was little, and now he is becoming unmanageable as a small child. He is on the path to destruction unless drastic intervention takes place. He needs to see a therapist and his mom needs parenting classes!

The fact that the police had to be called out twice before is unacceptable. I feel badly for this child since he is a product of his environment but I feel even worse for his classmates who have to put up with his dangerous and unacceptable behavior.

County Mike
04-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Update: The kid is now enrolled in a school for kids with behavioral issues. Let's see what happens when he flips out on those teachers. They're a little more used to "calming" a kid down.

County Mike
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM

My buddy and I zapped each other with stun guns. Not the prong shooting type, but the ones you hold against the skin. It's not so bad. Hurts during the zap but as soon as they stop, you're OK - maybe a little tingly.

Neezar
04-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Sadly, many parents don't act very "adult like."

They try to be buddies with their kids, never discipline them or tell them no and they never allow them to feel rejection or disappointment. All those things are a fact of life. Many kids today aren't learning basic discipline principals and anger management from their parents and they are growing into undisciplined kids, preteens and adults.

This kid was never taught how to manage his behavior when his was little, and now he is becoming unmanageable as a small child. He is on the path to destruction unless drastic intervention takes place. He needs to see a therapist and his mom needs parenting classes!

The fact that the police had to be called out twice before is unacceptable. I feel badly for this child since he is a product of his environment but I feel even worse for his classmates who have to put up with his dangerous and unacceptable behavior.

My youngest had temper issues when he was little. I was starting to get a little worried. He would be so mad that he wouldn't care if you spanked him or not! The doc said to sit him in a chair and make him stay and get his anger under control. :rolleyes: That shyte didn't work. How are you going to make him stay? lol. So I put him in my lap facing forward and held him down till he calmed down. Seemed like it took forever but he didn't do it again for a while. In the meantime, my friends mom who is older and raised some great boys into men told me to throw ice water on him. :laugh: I did it, too. lol. He has gotten very mad since then but instead of throwing a temper tantrum mostly he just goes off and sulks. I much prefer the sulking.

Neezar
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
And it is easy to blame mom but my heart goes out to her. I'm sure she believes that she is doing what is best or the best that she can. I hope they both find good help.

F34R
04-07-2011, 12:00 PM
And it is easy to blame mom but my heart goes out to her. I'm sure she believes that she is doing what is best or the best that she can. I hope they both find good help.

In my experience, parents of kids like this aren't doing their best. They barely parent at all. They give in at the first sign of aggression from their child. Which makes it harder and harder for anyone else to deal with their child.

As far as the topic goes... it was definitely justified given the info we have now. It would have been ok to use a taser as well.

Miss Foxy
04-07-2011, 02:58 PM

+1 Exactly.. We don't know what or how she feels..

DonnaMaria
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM

I understand what you are saying, but it didn't sound like the mom was taking it seriously. IMO.

You just told about your experience with your own son. Parenting is HARD! But you put in the hard work and got results! And you didn't quit! You took an active role in parenting your child and your child is much better for it!

I don't mean to sound harsh but the mom in this story REALLY needs to get major intervention for this kid because kids who have THIS kind of behavior issues often abuse their own family members. Sure, we don't know what her circumstances are but we know that she has to do something to get her kid back in the right track. If she wants or needs help, it's out there.

BTW.......I used to do the cold water thing too! :laugh: It really does "shock" them back to reality!:laugh:

VCURamFan
04-07-2011, 03:14 PM
MythBusters last night just did the tested whether you could actually "smack some sense" into someone. It work. :punch:

DonnaMaria
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
MythBusters last night just did the tested whether you could actually "smack some sense" into someone. It work. :punch:

Really?!?!?:w00t: I miss that! Who was the test subject?!:w00t:

VCURamFan
04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Really?!?!?:w00t: I miss that! Who was the test subject?!:w00t:
Grant initially, but then they also subjected Tory & Cary.

Of course, they had to build a "smacking rig" with a silicone hand. :laugh:

DonnaMaria
04-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Grant initially, but then they also subjected Tory & Cary.

Of course, they had to build a "smacking rig" with a silicone hand. :laugh:

of course!!!!:laugh:

I wish I had seen that! I'll have to see if I can find it on youtube when i get home! :laugh: Love that show!

DonnaMaria
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
In my experience, parents of kids like this aren't doing their best. They barely parent at all. They give in at the first sign of aggression from their child. Which makes it harder and harder for anyone else to deal with their child.
As far as the topic goes... it was definitely justified given the info we have now. It would have been ok to use a taser as well.

Yup. Unfortunately, that has been my experience as well.

Not ALL parents of course...........but I would say about 95% are responsible for their childs behavior problems.

VCURamFan
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
of course!!!!:laugh:

I wish I had seen that! I'll have to see if I can find it on youtube when i get home! :laugh: Love that show!
http://mydoubts.net/7-myths-mythbusters-proved-true/

Bonnie
04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I understand what you are saying, but it didn't sound like the mom was taking it seriously. IMO.

You just told about your experience with your own son. Parenting is HARD! But you put in the hard work and got results! And you didn't quit! You took an active role in parenting your child and your child is much better for it!

I don't mean to sound harsh but the mom in this story REALLY needs to get major intervention for this kid because kids who have THIS kind of behavior issues often abuse their own family members. Sure, we don't know what her circumstances are but we know that she has to do something to get her kid back in the right track. If she wants or needs help, it's out there.

BTW.......I used to do the cold water thing too! :laugh: It really does "shock" them back to reality!:laugh:

I agree with you Donna. For his sake, hers, and anybody else who has to be in contact with him, they need to intervene NOW!

And I'm not trying to bash "mom", but it just seemed like her attitude was kind of blase'. :wink:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I have met parents that acted like they were afraid of being arrested if the punished thier kids. Then I've also met Parents that acted like spoilt brats thierself!

rockdawg21
04-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I have met parents that acted like they were afraid of being arrested if the punished thier kids. Then I've also met Parents that acted like spoilt brats thierself!
Yeah, and you can thank nosy parents for making this a culture where you're not sure if disciplining your kids will get you put into prison or not. Another reason Liberals suck - "you must think like me because I'll create legislation that makes it just!" :rolleyes: