PDA

View Full Version : Ain't they got better things to do?

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-04-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ZZHGO5sXw&feature=player_embedded

flo
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
OK, I'll probably get in trouble for this but here goes.

We are effed as a country when we let these petty government beaurocrats dictate our lives for us. We've been apathetic about it for so long they think they have the right now to tell us we can't even SPEAK!!! They seem to forget that they WORK FOR US! You notice all the nice shiny new DoT trucks they're driving? Who the H do they think PAID for their trucks? Nothing but the best for the government employees, you know. And we are seeing this gestapo-like behavior on every level; federal, state, county and city.

Where do these two-bit govt employees think they get the right to treat the people (who pay their inflated salaries and retirement packages) like simpletons or naughty children? That woman was really condescending and arrogant - isn't that just typical of these people who cannot even justify their jobs? Some of these "laws" they enforce are ridiculous - just look at the number of towns who sent cops to the homes of girl scouts who had the NERVE to sell cookies without a frickin' permit!!!

:angry:

:punch:

:mad0233:

flo
04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
There are only two states in the entire US where government jobs do not outnumber manufacturing jobs. Two.

Nothing like being on the government teat cradle to grave.

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Why exactly were the poles removed?! I don't get it.....................

Did they say?

The whole thing seems just so freaking unbelieveable. Unbelieveable.

rockdawg21
04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
That's pretty f***** up!

flo
04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
DM, this article gives a little more information.

The McCaffertys and at least seven other residents of Radnor Green and Ashbourne Hills received letters warning them this would happen. Police and Delaware Department of Transportation officials say their hoops, angled toward the street, violate the state's Free Zone law, which prohibits hoops, trees, shrubs and other objects from being within seven feet of the pavement's edge in subdivisions.

-------

These basketball hoops were removed because of complaints made by a resident, DelDOT said.

Here's the "resident" who complained...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/kruger.jpg

Full article here (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011103260346)

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Unbelieveable:blink:

okay.....there is a law......but taking the poles away!?!? Right after the lady said that they could have it!

Then telling them they could drive down and pick it up?!?!?:blink:

how the heck are they going to pick that up?!?!? :angry:

Unbelieveable

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-04-2011, 11:17 PM
OK, I'll probably get in trouble for this but here goes.

We are effed as a country when we let these petty government beaurocrats dictate our lives for us. We've been apathetic about it for so long they think they have the right now to tell us we can't even SPEAK!!! They seem to forget that they WORK FOR US! You notice all the nice shiny new DoT trucks they're driving? Who the H do they think PAID for their trucks? Nothing but the best for the government employees, you know. And we are seeing this gestapo-like behavior on every level; federal, state, county and city.

Where do these two-bit govt employees think they get the right to treat the people (who pay their inflated salaries and retirement packages) like simpletons or naughty children? That woman was really condescending and arrogant - isn't that just typical of these people who cannot even justify their jobs? Some of these "laws" they enforce are ridiculous - just look at the number of towns who sent cops to the homes of girl scouts who had the NERVE to sell cookies without a frickin' permit!!!

:angry:

:punch:

:mad0233:

You make some very good points thier!

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
AND one guy complains and the hoops come down?!?!? Come on!!!!!! If it were only THAT easy to get other things done!!!!! One guy?!?!? Or at the most SEVEN people out of an entire community?!?!?!?!?!? :blink: Eight people complain and it they enforce the "law?"

Unbelieveable..........

REMY
04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
You notice all the nice shiny new DoT trucks they're driving? Who the H do they think PAID for their trucks? Nothing but the best for the government employees, you know.

Flo - not saying i disagree with you, but it's not always "noting but the best for Gov. employees"...some cases yes, but not always. For instance, i'm stationed on a USCG Cutter (Ship) that's almost 50years old...and its life expectancy was 25-30years.

Like i said not disagreeing with you :) but it's not always like that.

(also, i didn't watch the video, youtube is banned from CG computers)

flo
04-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Flo - not saying i disagree with you, but it's not always "noting but the best for Gov. employees"...some cases yes, but not always. For instance, i'm stationed on a USCG Cutter (Ship) that's almost 50years old...and its life expectancy was 25-30years.

Like i said not disagreeing with you :) but it's not always like that.

(also, i didn't watch the video, youtube is banned from CG computers)

Yes, thanks Remy, I was generalizing and I shouldn't have. My dad was a 22 year govt. employee (army) and I have several family members on both sides that work in education. Growing up, we were never wealthy, to say the least!

I truly love the military and am very thankful for the job you and others do. Ditto to the dedicated and hard-working teachers like DonnaMaria.

I think my rant was aimed more specifically towards the mindless bureaucrats that seem to stop caring the moment they get the job; the people that enforce rules and regulations - no matter how ridiculous - rather than using a bit of common sense/compassion. And one of the biggest problems (as I see it) is that we can't get rid of these people, whether in education, DMV, Post Office, DoT, etc., etc.