PDA

View Full Version : Any Figure Skating Fans?

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 04:22 PM
:ashamed::laugh:

I know this might be a looooooooooong shot, but I was wondering if anyone here is a figure skating fan.

I went to the Stars On Ice show this weekend and it was fantastic! My seat was literally on the ice and I was able to meet some of the skaters too! I took some videos and I'll post them if anyone is interested.

My favorite skater is Ekaterina Gordeeva. She and her late husband were the Russian gold medalists in the 88 and 94 Olympics. Then Sergei had a heart attack during practice at the age of 28 and Katia wasn’t sure if she would continue to skate. But she did and has since had a successful career as a solo skater.

She was there along with the current men’s gold medalist from the US and other wonderful skaters. It was an awesome show!

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I used to back in the day. I was a huge fan of Scott Hamilton because of the fact he'd throw back-flips during the Olympics, right in front of the judges, even though they're illegal. :laugh:

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I used to back in the day. I was a huge fan of Scott Hamilton because of the fact he'd throw back-flips during the Olympics, right in front of the judges, even though they're illegal. :laugh:

:laugh: That WAS awesome!!!!

Stars on Ice is actually HIS company! He isn't skating right now because he has had a lot of medical problems lately, but he is still calling the shots for the show!

And there are still lots of backflips!!!!! :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
:laugh: That WAS awesome!!!!

Stars on Ice is actually HIS company! He isn't skating right now because he has had a lot of medical problems lately, but he is still calling the shots for the show!

And there are still lots of backflips!!!!! :laugh:
He's struggling with cancer, right? I thought that's what I'd heard, anyhow...:unsure-1:

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah he actually had cancer, recovered, and then had a brain tumor. It was removed but he is still recovering and not strong enough to do a full tour. He is hoping to tour next year!

I already have my ticket!!!!

County Mike
04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I like the outifts the women wear.

rockdawg21
04-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I like the outifts the women wear.
That's it for me too.

DonnaMaria
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
:laugh: Yeah the outfits are pretty hot! For the guys too!

They have come a loooooooooong way from what they used to wear in the 80's!!:rolleyes::laugh:

TexasRN
04-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I was a fan back when Oksana Baiul was Queen of the ice. I haven't really watched since.

~Amy

DonnaMaria
04-05-2011, 01:39 AM
I love it! I started skating lessons this past February. It makes watching it all the more special for me.

I know just how hard it is to just plain SKATE.....nevermind the other stuff...

This was a really hot skating number. Mike should like the costume too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qHnApLbW4E&feature=related

County Mike
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
You skating at the Vineland Ice Arena? I played ice hockey there for a few years. That's as close to figure skating as you'll ever get me. :)

DonnaMaria
04-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Yup! I love it there! Great teachers!

BamaGrits84
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I like Disney on Ice because it is $1,000 extra bucks in out household income this month!

Play The Man
04-09-2011, 05:57 AM
:ashamed::laugh:

I know this might be a looooooooooong shot, but I was wondering if anyone here is a figure skating fan.

Of course, right up there with my love for Judy Garland albums and Broadway showtunes.:happydancing:
:wink:

County Mike
04-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Be careful! LOL

http://dailycontributor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ice_skater_wardrobe_malfunction.jpg

DonnaMaria
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Of course, right up there with my love for Judy Garland albums and Broadway showtunes.:happydancing:
:wink:

Seriously?!?!?!?:w00t:

If you are serious, you might be THE most perfect man alive! :laugh: IMO!

DonnaMaria
04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Be careful! LOL

http://dailycontributor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ice_skater_wardrobe_malfunction.jpg

Leave it to you to find a pic like that! :rolleyes::laugh:

I haven't seen many wardrobe malfunctions but yes, they do happen!

I can change direction now when I skate!!!!! :w00t: Skate forwards very fast and then switch my feet and go backwards!!!! It was so cool!:w00t:

Of course, I fell on my head a few times, :dizzy: but thatís what the helmet is for!

flo
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Leave it to you to find a pic like that! :rolleyes::laugh:

I haven't seen many wardrobe malfunctions but yes, they do happen!

I can change direction now when I skate!!!!! :w00t: Skate forwards very fast and then switch my feet and go backwards!!!! It was so cool!:w00t:

Of course, I fell on my head a few times, :dizzy: but that’s what the helmet is for!

That's great, DonnaMaria! Good for you!

PS - We all know Mike is hoping for a wardrobe malfunction :-)

County Mike
04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
That's great, DonnaMaria! Good for you!

PS - We all know Mike is hoping for a wardrobe malfunction :-)

I might get out there on my hockey skates and CAUSE one. (To the hot women, not to myself - PERVS!)