PDA

View Full Version : Report: Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping Targeted as Ultimate Fighter 14 Coaches

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 12:25 AM
From MMAMnia.com:

The Michael Bisping sweepstakes could be over. The race to meet the brash British banger inside the Octagon, consisting of such fighters as Nate Marquardt and Vitor Belfort, among others, just may have finally reached its conclusion.

And the winner is -- Chael Sonnen ... maybe.

That's because Dave Meltzer reports (via ESPN) that the ex-Realtor has been tapped to throw hands with the cocky "Count," provided he settles his issues with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

But wait, fight fans, there's more.

Not only will the two mouthy middleweights get to settle their differences in the cage, they'll also have an entire season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) to air their grievances, as they are apparently next in line to coach the Spike TV show for the upcoming season 14, which will feature featherweight and bantamweight hopefuls.

From the report:
"The plan from Spike TV and UFC for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, which would air September through December, is to have Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping as coaches to build to a PPV match in December," wrote Meltzer. "The winner would likely be in line for the first middleweight title match of 2012."

Neither UFC nor Spike can publicly announce this due to Sonnen not being licensed in Nevada. ... The decision, rumoured for weeks, is controversial and will likely be heavily criticized if it does happen.
Sonnen made his issues with Bisping clear by sending a letter to UFC matchmaker Joe Silva that stated he wished to "mince Michael Spitsbing through the fence like a boiled potato."

That arose from the former title contender's apparent displeasure at the Brit for spitting on the corner team of Jorge Rivera following his technical knockout victory at UFC 127.

In Bisping's apology following that controversy, he claimed he was down to dance with Sonnen but wouldn't get sucked into a verbal sparring match beforehand, opting instead to save it for the cage.

But can he make it through an entire season of TUF with one of the most calculating and diabolical trash talkers in the sport in his ear?

That's must-see TV, ladies and sirs.

Of course, despite claiming he wouldn't get sucked into the Sonnen trap, Bisping saw this picture and immediately quipped, "I think Jail just saw Jake Shields in the shower and can't take how large his balls were in relation to his."

flo
04-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Woohoo! Please let the rumor be true!!

:happydancing:

logrus
04-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Woohoo! Please let the rumor be true!!

:happydancing:

So you only condone certain kinds of cheaters huh... :Whistle:

flo
04-04-2011, 05:39 AM
So you only condone certain kinds of cheaters huh... :Whistle:

I have no clue what you're talking about. Are you still hung up about Zuffa taking down the Gracie's UFC video snippet? Isn't this thread about the TUF 13 rumor?

I just want to see someone give Spitsbing a sound beating and I think Chael just might be the person to do it.

County Mike
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I really hope they aren't the coaches. I'd love to see them fight each other but I don't want them as the TUF coaches. I think that would ruin the whole season for me.

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
I have no clue what you're talking about. Are you still hung up about Zuffa taking down the Gracie's UFC video snippet? Isn't this thread about the TUF 13 rumor?

I just want to see someone give Spitsbing a sound beating and I think Chael just might be the person to do it.

Hahaha, that's what he means, Flo. Spitsbing cheated w/ an illegal knee, Chael cheated with testosterone. He's trying to make you out to be a hypocrite.

rockdawg21
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
That would be so awesome!

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
That would be so awesome!! Team Sonnen baby!!

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
That would be so awesome!! Team Sonnen baby!!

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?u=766&type=sigpic&dateline=1301926455
That pic is about the greatest thing to happen to your MMA Life since Matt went to Hawaii, isn't it? :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 04:51 PM
That pic is about the greatest thing to happen to your MMA Life since Matt went to Hawaii, isn't it? :laugh:

Heck to the yeah!! :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Heck to the yeah!! :laugh:
Now if only you could find a pic of Matt wearing an RVCA shirt. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Now if only you could find a pic of Matt wearing an RVCA shirt. :laugh:

Or Bj wearing a Hughes shirt..:ninja: My life would be complete..::w00t:

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Or Bj wearing a Hughes shirt..:ninja: My life would be complete..::w00t:
You're on his site, you should hit him up & tell him to get on it! You could PM Matt & tell him to send BJ a Team Hughes t-shirt!!! :w00t: :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Uncle Chael is really living up to his Oregonian gangster reference!!

Vizion
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Boooo!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to wait that long to see Chael in action :angry:

He deserves the next shot at Anderson :angry:

VCURamFan
04-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Dana seems to disagree:

Though the latest edition of Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer Newsletter features a report stating that the UFC is looking to put Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping against one another as coaches on the 14th season of The Ultimate Fighter, UFC President Dana White says Sonnen's multitude of issues makes him unlikely for a slot on the show.

Sonnen finished up a six-month suspension last month from the California State Athletic Commission, but the way in which he went about getting his suspension reduced from a full year has complicated things with him getting licensed in Nevada.

Sonnen, who failed a pre-fight steroid test for his UFC 117 fight against Anderson Silva, claimed in his appeal hearing that his steroid use was a necessary testosterone replacement therapy treatment for low levels of the hormone. In one of many claims Sonnen made without backing it up with proof, Sonnen told the CSAC that not only had he felt he properly disclosed his treatment to the CSAC, but that he had gotten prior approval in Nevada from NSAC executive director Keith Kizer.

Kizer would go on to state multiple times that no such approval had been given, and that he had never had a conversation with Sonnen. Sonnen reportedly admitted that such a conversation had not taken place in a meeting with Kizer last month along with UFC officials in a preliminary attempt to smooth things over.

That may not have gone well, however, with White's comments to MMAJunkie.com on Monday.

"We have no clue who will coach [TUF 14]; Chael has a ton of problems (right now)," said White.

With Sonnen also currently awaiting sentencing on money laundering charges to which he's plead guilty in his home state of Oregon, his contract with the UFC was mutually frozen until his issues were dealt with. If these problems are too much to be dealt with, the UFC will go elsewhere with the coaching gig for The Ultimate Fighter's 14th season. That said, with the season not set to film until this June, never say never on Sonnen in the coaching gig.

flo
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Hahaha, that's what he means, Flo. Spitsbing cheated w/ an illegal knee, Chael cheated with testosterone. He's trying to make you out to be a hypocrite.
Yes, I got that. But I don't see how it's hypocritcal to want them to fight. It's not like I'm condoning their drug use or the illegal knee. Far from it.

flo
04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
logrus just has his panties in a knot because I said I supported Sony's lawsuit against the hacker, Hotz.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I really hope they aren't the coaches. I'd love to see them fight each other but I don't want them as the TUF coaches. I think that would ruin the whole season for me.

Agreed! Rampage/Rashad was enough coaches acting like Children!

flo
04-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Agreed! Rampage/Rashad was enough coaches acting like Children!

Seconded! It *would* be better if they just fought.

BamaGrits84
04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
At first I was thinking no way could I deal with Bisping being on TUF again but if Chael could make Bisping look like Hendo did it would worth listening to his b*tching.

logrus
04-06-2011, 06:53 AM

I don't have to try at all, they did a very nice job of it themselves.

But its cool, i totally get where they are coming from. It would make them happy, so that makes it ok..

J.B.
04-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Just thought I'd say hello :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cPPPPGXVg5I/TF7CG2h6gnI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/ySxdYA78Adw/s1600/Silva+vs+Sonnen+21+-+Fitness+Philippines.JPG

Rev
04-07-2011, 03:36 AM
i love the look on AS's face in that pic. It says, "Lord let him tap and stop kicking my butt! I cant take any more!"

J.B.
04-07-2011, 03:44 AM
i love the look on AS's face in that pic. It says, "Lord let him tap and stop kicking my butt! I cant take any more!"

I love the look on Chael's face after the fight was over.

http://i56.tinypic.com/29ol3lw.gif

flo
04-07-2011, 04:43 AM

I love that gif. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM

what was he thinking? man, even when i am on peds i still got tapped?

JavierDLC
04-11-2011, 08:34 PM
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked :laugh:

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.

Llamafighter
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
LoL its funny how it still hurts the Silva fans to admit that Anderson got his @$$ kicked :laugh:

Lets be realistic not even the biggest Silva fan saw that coming they where in shock of how Chael made him look so ordinary.

yeah and now he has that loss on his- what's that?
he won the fight?
he realized the fight was 25 minutes long and not 24minutes?
he took the best Sonnen gave him and still pulled out the win?
he's still the champ?

yeah it really hurts...:rolleyes:

didn't see the majority of the fight go the way it did. but in the end I saw Silva winning.

JavierDLC
04-11-2011, 09:22 PM
yeah and now he has that loss on his- what's that?
he won the fight?
he realized the fight was 25 minutes long and not 24minutes?
he took the best Sonnen gave him and still pulled out the win?
he's still the champ?

yeah it really hurts...:rolleyes:

didn't see the majority of the fight go the way it did. but in the end I saw Silva winning.

Obviously you saw him win when the fight was over, but during the fight you had already resigned yourself. Just Admit it :rolleyes: :wink:

rearnakedchoke
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM

face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...

J.B.
04-12-2011, 01:37 AM

It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.

J.B.
04-12-2011, 01:39 AM
face it, chael lost ... and had he won, he would have been stripped and the fight would have been a no contest .. LOL ...

Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.

Bonnie
04-12-2011, 04:03 AM

Not only that, but it would have been even worse publicity for the UFC.

I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it. :wink:

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him. :angry:

Neezar
04-12-2011, 02:17 PM
I think worse for Chael and really worse for all of us who were rooting for him. So, after the facts, I'm glad Anderson won it. :wink:

If they rematch, I'm giving Chael another chance, but he better darn well show up squeaky clean or I'm quitt'n him. :angry:

:laugh:

JavierDLC
04-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Who said I thought Chael won? Its obvious he lost :rolleyes: I never said he won?? I'm just saying Silva fans act like they new all along that he was going to beat Chael even though Chael was winning the fight 4 rounds to 0 and there was but a minute and a half left. All I'm saying is Chael made him look ordinary and even though we all new Chael was a great wrestler we never expected for it to be so one sided.

It's not like Anderson was never hit or taken down by other people he has fought before Sonnen, and YES a lot of people both fans and haters of Silva saw the potential for Chael to beat Silva by taking him down and controlling the fight on the ground. The fact is, it just wasn't the outcome MOST people thought would happen. I figured Silva would put him away earlier in the fight, and he almost did twice before that last round.

9 out of 10 times, Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen inside of 25 minutes and probably 5 or 6 of those times it happens within 15 minutes. Sonnen is tough, and he fought a great fight against Silva but I still would favor Silva in a rematch.

I was rooting for Chael Sonnen because he won me over as a fan in the lead up to the fight with all of his amazing trash talk. I have said it before and Ill say it again I also thought Silva would put him away early but once the fight started and Chael did exactly waht he said in the interviews prior the fight I was completely in shock!!!

I agree with you JB that Chael would be the underdog in the rematch but I still think Chael has a good chance to beat him. I don't think your 9 out of 10 is accurate.