PDA

View Full Version : 1958, US accidently lost a nuke in the gulf of Mexico

Tyburn
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
:huh:

I've just heard something REALLY bizzare. That the United States have lost a Hydrogen Bomb somewhere off the coast of the State of Georgia...and that they lost it in 1958...and are STILL Searching for it in the coastal waters of the Gulf of Mexico...apparently it kinda fell off an airplaine or something?? Its been burried somewhere at sea for more then fifty years and they arent sure what state its in anymore...they also dont know what happened to it and cant find it because that part of the bay is prone to shifting sands and hurricanes that stir up all the shat from the sea bed...it could be burried...or a terrorist might have got it :scared0015:

is this true...and if so...how the hell does that happen exactly??? :blink:

Tyburn
04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh...never mind...seems like America is actually pretty careless with he nuclear weapons...between 1950 and 1970 she managed to looose FIVE Nuclear Bombs....not including Four she lost which she then found...and one she accidently managed to crack in the arctic so badly it irradiated all the polarbears and penguins...:laugh: okay so I made the polar bears and penguins bit up...BUT apparently it did cause a lot of radiation when the bomb leaked :ashamed:

How bizzare! there are five Bombs out there...hidden...you would think that the US Administration might want to find them :huh: but apparently the arent really that bothered...lost seems to be equated with no longer in existance :laugh: even if most ARE probably just that at the bottom of the ocean...but you never know...what if a Tsunami were to wash one up on the coast.

Geee and we think unexploded Doodlebugs...of which there are MILLIONS MISSING IN THE ENGLIS CHANNEL are an issue :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
04-03-2011, 01:13 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/105298.stm

http://pressenza.com/npermalink/fire-at-a-nuclear-bomb-making-facility-in-the-ukx-another-near-missx

Anything else?:Whistle:

Rev
04-03-2011, 04:09 AM

http://pressenza.com/npermalink/fire-at-a-nuclear-bomb-making-facility-in-the-ukx-another-near-missx

lol

Chuck
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM

That's different............... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Or at least Dave will tell you it is.

Tyburn
04-04-2011, 04:06 PM

ohh you have to be bloody kidding me :blink:

Is there ANY Country with Nuclear Capability that hasnt absent mindedly thrown live nuclear warheads into the ocean for anyone to find :huh:

Tyburn
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
That's different............... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Or at least Dave will tell you it is.

Yeah...its even WORSE

Dethbob
04-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Is there ANY Country with Nuclear Capability that hasnt absent mindedly thrown live nuclear warheads into the ocean for anyone to find :huh:

Is there one that EVER has?

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Nice try at deflection....

I just love how you like to throw stones... but fail to see the glass house behind you with your name on the mail box.

we have "lost 5".. I would be willing to bet that they have been recovered.. at least one or two...but lets just say that we haven't....

who lost the material to build 12?

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Here we go...:rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Here we go...:rolleyes:

hey.. don't dish it out if you can't take it....:wink:

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
hey.. don't dish it out if you can't take it....:wink:

I was referring to you and Tyburn.. Looks like you two are going to start again.. lol.

County Mike
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Not only have some countries lost their nukes, some villages have lost their idiots.

I think I know where they are.

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Not only have some countries lost their nukes, some villages have lost their idiots.

I think I know where they are.

Is that directed towards me? Feeling a little "block headed" today with my sinus' all stuffy.. so I need clairty...

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I was referring to you and Tyburn.. Looks like you two are going to start again.. lol.

oh I know that..just when someone wants to bash on the States.. I take issue.

Miss Foxy
04-04-2011, 07:30 PM
oh I know that..just when someone wants to bash on the States.. I take issue.

Lol..I'm just teasing ya both.. I mean no harm..

Tyburn
04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Is there one that EVER has?

Its one thing to accidently looose...but to NOT put all available effort into retrieving...thats an outrage...or it would be if someone were to find and retrieve and then use for their own personal gain. :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Its one thing to accidently looose...but to NOT put all available effort into retrieving...thats an outrage...or it would be if someone were to find and retrieve and then use for their own personal gain. :unsure-1:

How much effort was put into locating the materials for 12 muclear weapons? Was that ever recovered???

Tyburn
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM

StarWars Missile Defence System :biggrin-1:

I can play word association games :)

No...see I wrote this coz I was shocked...if I wanted to be MEAN I would say how come President Barack Obama persuaded the Governments of Fragile Ex-Soviet States, to stand against Mother Russia, who they have land based boarders with, and undemocratically against the wishes of their Population, to allow the United States to set up Listening Posts and extend their Shield into Russia and China.

....and then, after those Governments have signed up, Pissed off Mother Russia, who controls their vital commodoties, infuriated their population, and burned bridges with anything un-american...to turn round and change his mind about the whole project...and leave those Governments high and dry

THATS something that England has NEVER done...and we HAVE done a hell of a lot to upset local and regional governance on the planet. Incidently...I read about this change of heart whilst I was in Washington DC at the end of September 2009...how ironic is that.

But I dont want to start a fight...so I just kinda asked is it true the US lost nukes...and then find even England has lost nukes and doesnt seem bothered about recovery...its mind blowing (if you pardon the pun)

:laugh:

Chuck
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping that this......

Feeling a little "block headed" today with my sinus' all stuffy.. so I need clairty...

Explains this.......

I just love how you like to throw stones... but fail to see the glass house behind you with your name on the mail box.

we have "lost 5".. I would be willing to bet that they have been recovered.. at least one or two...but lets just say that we haven't....

who lost the material to build 12?

Because you completely misread this...

You brought 2 articles to Dave's attention and he responded "You've got to be kidding me"... as in Wow! I didn't know that!

Dave then went on to wonder if ANY country (INCLUDING his own) can be responsible with their nukes.

You made your point, Dave acknowledged it and simply commented afterwords.

I think you may have jumped the gun a little with your reply. :wink:

Tyburn
04-04-2011, 07:58 PM
How much effort was put into locating the materials for 12 muclear weapons? Was that ever recovered???

I doubt it...we probably traded it on the open market with Libya...ironic how it was scottish controlled area in which the material vanished...and we all know what their devolved Government did with the lockerbie Bomber dont we :unsure: The truth is...I wouldnt put it past them...we've supported Gadaffi ever since Tony Blair...you remember him? He supported everyone (including you)...Except the English :laugh:

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm hoping that this......

Explains this.......

Because you completely misread this...

You brought 2 articles to Dave's attention and he responded "You've got to be kidding me"... as in Wow! I didn't know that!

Dave then went on to wonder if ANY country (INCLUDING his own) can be responsible with their nukes.

You made your point, Dave acknowledged it and simply commented afterwords.

I think you may have jumped the gun a little with your reply. :wink:

ah.. I see where you are going...

nope.. no jumping the gun.. I didn't see the "any country" comment as you did.

Dethbob
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Slandering people when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, that's an outrage. The slightest effort on your part to check your facts would show you that extraordinary measures have been taken to find these, and no one is going to be using them for anything.

Spiritwalker
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
StarWars Missile Defence System :biggrin-1:

I can play word association games :):

Try again.. that was Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). Reagan never called it Star Wars.. that was the people that trashed it.... I would have thought that you were better at history....

And I wasn't playing word games..

But I dont want to start a fight...so I just kinda asked is it true the US lost nukes...and then find even England has lost nukes and doesnt seem bothered about recovery...its mind blowing (if you pardon the pun)

So why continue? I pointed out that "yep it happened..but let's look to your own house.. before criticizing mine... m'kay...

County Mike
04-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Is that directed towards me? Feeling a little "block headed" today with my sinus' all stuffy.. so I need clairty...

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you. :)

Spiritwalker
04-05-2011, 02:53 AM
You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you. :)

hahahahahahah...nice!

Neezar
04-05-2011, 04:11 AM

So why continue? I pointed out that "yep it happened..but let's look to your own house.. before criticizing mine... m'kay...

Dude, you have issues.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Wonder if they really are lost or hidden somewhere supposedly lost? I would prefer the hidden I think!

Spiritwalker
04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Dude, you have issues.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

Neezar
04-05-2011, 12:16 PM

He conceded your point so why would you continue?

Spiritwalker
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM

I only mentioned that maybe before calling out on something, people look to their own houses first...

I am only doing the same thing that others do.. yet you want to single me out.. as having "issues" hmm.. "whatever works".

Tyburn
04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Slandering people when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, that's an outrage. The slightest effort on your part to check your facts would show you that extraordinary measures have been taken to find these, and no one is going to be using them for anything.

You dont know that. Even if they are at the bottom of the sea...they could wash up in a hurricane or something.

Tyburn
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Try again.. that was Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI). Reagan never called it Star Wars.. that was the people that trashed it.... I would have thought that you were better at history....

ohhh :unsure-1:...But the Washington Paper that I read it in called it "star wars" :mellow: and everyone around here (we live under the shadow of Menwith Hill btw) calls it starwars...and they cant be trashing it when they work there. I've no idea what its proper American name is...but I shall remember that now...ironically...I never heard that...not even in peacestudies where we specifically studied American Military Strategy :laugh:

Tyburn
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM

Because he believes everything I say (specifically if I'm talking to him, or talking about his country) is deliberate provokation. I'm sure he feels like the perfect lil patriot.

But I really never knew this til I watched it on a documentary...and I certainly never knew it was common place for all nuclear countries to accidently looose them. :blink:

Dethbob
04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
You dont know that. Even if they are at the bottom of the sea...they could wash up in a hurricane or something.

A hurricane powerful enough to lift a nuclear weapon out of forty feet of mud five hundred feet beneath the ocean would render the threat of said weapon academic.

Tyburn
04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
A hurricane powerful enough to lift a nuclear weapon out of forty feet of mud five hundred feet beneath the ocean would render the threat of said weapon academic.

you dont know where these are...they might be exposed to the elements, they might be on raise platforms...they are unlikely to be on the abysal Plains you know. I suspect they are on the banks off the coasts...we dont know if they are close to shipwrecks that might be visited, or reefs, or anything. Their are also some VERY stong currents particularly around the Gulf of Mexico, currents well able to carry something like that across the atlantic, or up the eastern seaboard.

You might be right...it could be burried on the Abysal Plain...even IF thats the case...what do you think would happen if the containment went down? do you know what happens when an Earth Quake occures at sea...which is what an underwater Nuclear Explosion would definately create? What happens if this device has fallen into a crevace along an underwater fault line...where eventually it will be overcome by Magma?

I think the Gulf Coast has had it bad enough with the Oil issues...the last thing they want is a tsunami aswell...I'm just saying...we dont know where these are...and I would have put extensive research into retrieval right after the event...I consider these things BIG deals...I hope those Bombs wherever they are, wont go off or cause damage to anyone or anything. :unsure-1:

Miss Foxy
04-07-2011, 05:33 PM
you dont know where these are...they might be exposed to the elements, they might be on raise platforms...they are unlikely to be on the abysal Plains you know. I suspect they are on the banks off the coasts...we dont know if they are close to shipwrecks that might be visited, or reefs, or anything. Their are also some VERY stong currents particularly around the Gulf of Mexico, currents well able to carry something like that across the atlantic, or up the eastern seaboard.

You might be right...it could be burried on the Abysal Plain...even IF thats the case...what do you think would happen if the containment went down? do you know what happens when an Earth Quake occures at sea...which is what an underwater Nuclear Explosion would definately create? What happens if this device has fallen into a crevace along an underwater fault line...where eventually it will be overcome by Magma?

I think the Gulf Coast has had it bad enough with the Oil issues...the last thing they want is a tsunami aswell...I'm just saying...we dont know where these are...and I would have put extensive research into retrieval right after the event...I consider these things BIG deals...I hope those Bombs wherever they are, wont go off or cause damage to anyone or anything. :unsure-1:

Because if it's not Love Then it's the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb. That will bring us together ...

Dethbob
04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Their are also some VERY stong currents particularly around the Gulf of Mexico, currents well able to carry something like that across the atlantic, or up the eastern seaboard. :unsure-1:

There are no currents on this planet strong enough to carry an A-bomb across the Atlantic.

do you know what happens when an Earth Quake occures at sea...which is what an underwater Nuclear Explosion would definately create?

And as for a nuke spontaneously exploding, a lot has to go right to start the reaction at all. Mushroom clouds donít just happen. Even if someone found one and wanted it to go off they would have a lot of refurbishment to do first.

What happens if this device has fallen into a crevace along an underwater fault line...where eventually it will be overcome by Magma?

The bomb would melt and be mingled with all the other plutonium already in the earths crust. Thatís where plutonium comes from.

you dont know where these are...they might be exposed to the elements, they might be on raise platforms...they are unlikely to be on the abysal Plains you know. I suspect they are on the banks off the coasts...we dont know if they are close to shipwrecks that might be visited, or reefs, or anything...we dont know where these are...and I would have put extensive research into retrieval right after the event...

There are people who spend their entire lives and millions of dollars scouring the oceans for shipwreck cutlery or furniture, motivated by the thrill of discovery and desire for fame. If these were so easy to find one of them would have been, and we would know about it because Hollywood pays much better than Al Qaida.

rockdawg21
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM
It wasn't an accident. It's part of the plan for New World Order. Our government periodically "lose" nukes so they can control people to do what they want us to do. It's a conspiracy!

Spiritwalker
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
ohhh :unsure-1:...But the Washington Paper that I read it in called it "star wars" :mellow: and everyone around here (we live under the shadow of Menwith Hill btw) calls it starwars...and they cant be trashing it when they work there. I've no idea what its proper American name is...but I shall remember that now...ironically...I never heard that...not even in peacestudies where we specifically studied American Military Strategy :laugh:

That would maybe tell you about the quality of your studies or school.... jus' saying..

Spiritwalker
04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Because he believes everything I say (specifically if I'm talking to him, or talking about his country) is deliberate provokation. I'm sure he feels like the perfect lil patriot.

Look at your choice of words.. when you say things about the States... and maybe you will understand what I am talking about...

BamaGrits84
04-07-2011, 08:50 PM
You know what else is in the Gulf? Chicken wings and pizza, or so my 9 year old jokingly says he saw these things while diving. Gee if he had seen an atom bomb he would have had the best "what i did this summer" essay ever!

This bombs in the gulf is old news down here.

Fisherman finds missile in Gulf
Updated: Tuesday, 09 Jun 2009, 8:19 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 08 Jun 2009, 9:03 PM EDT

MADEIRA BEACH - Bomb squad technicians are working to destroy an air-to-air guided missile a commercial fisherman hooked in the Gulf of Mexico.

The fisherman brought the 8-foot live missile on shore at Madeira Beach Monday afternoon, where Pinellas County deputies and members of the MacDill Air Force Base bomb squad detonated and dismantled it, then took the pieces to the base.

Rodney Salomon said he found the missile around 10 days ago while long-line fishing about 50 miles off Panama City.

Salomon said he thought it had already been detonated and wanted to keep it as a souvenir, so he tied it up to his fishing boat, the "Bold Venture".

"For two days, I had lightning striking all over my boat and I had that on my roof," Salomon said. "Nothing happened."

As he approached Madeira Beach he notified fire officials as a precaution.

Bomb squad technicians say the missile wasn't live and was only used for training purposes. It will be destroyed at MacDill, though Salomon asked to keep a piece of it, officials said.

Solomon said he caught a second missile a few days later, but threw that one back.

"The other one that I caught, I knew that one was alive because it was brand new," Salomon said. "So it didn't have the gage, it didn't have the gage so I said 'man, all right. You goodbye, see you, hasta la vista baby.'"

An investigation is underway.