PDA

View Full Version : "Easter" removed from "Easter Egg Hunt" in Muson Township, Ohio

rockdawg21
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
SO ****ING STUPID!!!!!! If it's an issue to the "taxpayers", then have a vote on it. I guarantee an overwhelming majority would vote to keep "Easter" in "Easter Egg Hunt".

There's a video in the link. It's nice to see Mr. Enzo Perfetto wants to sponsor the event with $600 of his own money to keep "Easter" in the title.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/183128/45/Geauga-County-Should-Easter-be-in-egg-hunt
Geauga County: Should 'Easter' be in 'egg hunt?'
9:10 AM, Mar 30, 2011

MUNSON TOWNSHIP -- A Northeast Ohio community is taking the "Easter" out of the egg hunt.

As the White House prepares for its annual Easter Egg Roll -- a tradition dating back to 1878 -- some in the community of Munson Township are asking if it's alright in Washington, how could the word "Easter" offend someone in this small rural community?

Still, township trustees are opting to call this year's Easter weekend event "The Spring Egg Hunt."

Chardon dance choreographer Matt Martsolf works with kids every day and has a few of his own. When the adults are stressed, so are the children.

His opinion about what to call this year's egg hunt is shared with dance clients.

"Stop the headache. Just let the kids have their day," Martsolf said.

"It's traditionally been called an Easter egg hunt for years and years and people are little bit too touchy," client Michelle Nelson said.

Munson homebuilder Enzo Perfetto is putting up the $600 to put the sponsorship in private hands and the Easter back in the egg hunt.

The decision to have the egg hunt privately sponsored is under review by the county prosecutor.

Perfetto says township trustees have already agreed to calling the event an Easter egg hunt as long as taxpayers aren't footing the bill.

WKYC-TV

BamaGrits84
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
How's this for conforming to their PC stand: THEY ARE MENTALLY CHALLENGED!

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Good, because Easter Eggs and the Easter Bunny are means of taking away from the true meaning of Easter ...

BamaGrits84
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Good, because Easter Eggs and the Easter Bunny are means of taking away from the true meaning of Easter ...

No not good because the reasoning behind it to simply to keep any reference to Christ out of it.

I read Matt's blog last year or the year before about being against the secular things Easter has become consumed with so I figured it wouldn't be long only someone took the same stance you did. But as I stated the reasoning behind it makes it bad.

BamaGrits84
03-31-2011, 08:44 PM

And also, eggs and baskets and bunnies are no worse that lights and trees at Christmas.

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2011, 08:46 PM
No not good because the reasoning behind it to simply to keep any reference to Christ out of it.

I read Matt's blog last year or the year before about being against the secular things Easter has become consumed with so I figured it wouldn't be long only someone took the same stance you did. But as I stated the reasoning behind it makes it bad.

yes, the reason behind it makes it bad, but i hate the fact that santa and bunnies have taken over the true meaning of these special days ... to me (and i guess i am different) the names are being used to promote money making ventures which have nothing to do with Christ ...

BamaGrits84
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
yes, the reason behind it makes it bad, but i hate the fact that santa and bunnies have taken over the true meaning of these special days ... to me (and i guess i am different) the names are being used to promote money making ventures which have nothing to do with Christ ...

I do agree that both Christmas and Easter have been commercialized. I hate it. I hate it because it takes away from Christ. I hate it because I would prefer my kids only think of Jesus and not candy at Easter. I hate it because I spend more time worrying about what my family will wear to Easter service than I spend at the service itself. It is a sad truth that I know is part of my flawed self despite my attempts to keep the focus on Christ every year.

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
I do agree that both Christmas and Easter have been commercialized. I hate it. I hate it because it takes away from Christ. I hate it because I would prefer my kids only think of Jesus and not candy at Easter. I hate it because I spend more time worrying about what my family will wear to Easter service than I spend at the service itself. It is a sad truth that I know is part of my flawed self despite my attempts to keep the focus on Christ every year.

exactly .. that is why when they want to change kids parties during the Christmas season to Holiday party ... i have no issue with it ... and in fact i am happy ... at no point are they going to be talking about the birth of Christ at these parties .. people are their to dance, drink eat etc ... i don't associate that with Christmas ..

Neezar
04-01-2011, 03:14 AM

So shouldn't they be taking the egg and the bunny out and leaving in the Easter? :unsure-1:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-01-2011, 03:21 AM
So shouldn't they be taking the egg and the bunny out and leaving in the Easter? :unsure-1:

Now that would just be to Logical!

County Mike
04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Keep "Easter" in the name but instead of looking for eggs, they should look for cave openings where large rocks have been moved out of the entrance.

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2011, 02:28 PM

that's the whole point .. than what would they be doing? the Easter egg hunt has nothing to do with Christ dying for our sins and rising again three days later to fulfill the scriptures ... imo it was created to make money and take away from the meaning of the special day .. so take Easter out of the name and call it spring egg hunt ..