PDA

View Full Version : Rampage and Rashad smack talk Video - LOL

que
03-09-2009, 03:46 AM
rampage totally won this verbal assault and rashad looked like a tool in this video.i like how rampage kept it clean and when rashad crossed the line and said "motherf*****" rampage was like 'oookk you don't gotta say that' lol

"there's gonna be some more black on black crime!"

http://mmamania.com/2009/03/08/quinton-rampage-jackson-and-rashad-evans-smack-talk-video/

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Lyoto > LHW division

Chuck
03-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I really used to like Rashad.... and dislike Page... but the more I watch them the more I see that getting reversed...

After the last fight where Evans started acting like a ghetto punk I started to dislike him....

Now I can't stand him!!

WAR RAMPAGE!!!!

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I really used to like Rashad.... and dislike Page... but the more I watch them the more I see that getting reversed...

After the last fight where Evans started acting like a ghetto punk I started to dislike him....

Now I can't stand him!!

WAR RAMPAGE!!!!

I am a huge fan of Rampage and believe he is still the best at LHW.

I have repeatdly defended Rashad on here and have had to respect his performances but i gotta agree with you as well that he looked a prize idiot then.

I hate when the UFC do this. Sure its good and gets people excited but you have two fighters pitched in together and none can be seen to back down, SO its Rogans or someone elses role, to tell them when to quit it, like Dana does at the weigh in's. Otherwise it goes to long and gets awkward.

Whats more, it was Rampages fight, Rashad should keep it short and sweet. Rampage kept it clean, Rashad started getting rude and all in his face and it become silly.

Rampage then had the class to try and defuse it by making the joke at end.

I think this is a reminder that Matt Hughes composed himself the best whilst in Octagon and havin someone call you out

Moose
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Dear Rashad,

I really like you away from the Octagon. I even like you somewhat in the Octagon. You seem like a good-looking, nice, and intelligent guy when speaking to reporters and fans. You've beaten some of the best to be the current champ in the toughest division in the game. You're undefeated, which is amazing. I guess what I'm trying to say Mr. Evans, is that I can never root for you until you drop the ignorant (ignant) bulls*** like grabbing your crotch during a fight, and getting into the face of a guy you shouldn't have a personal problem with, not to mention, right after his victory. Please take this into consideration when you look at yourself in the mirror before a bout, remind yourself that you should prove yourself with your fists, and not your mouth.

Signed,

Average White Guy.

Blade
03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Evans is a tool with a stupid name and man boobs. I hope Rampage kills him.

pistol-pete
03-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Liked How Rampage talks, this whole thing is hilarious to me, when Rashad drops motherf*&%#er on him it made me laugh out loud, "Don't say that Rashad", real soft and nice.

Rashad is a little emotional because his teammate and friend just lost a fight. Rampage has been in front of a microphone for 10 years now, and Rashad has just gotten into the limelight, so he might not be as polished.

rearnakedchoke
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
i think it was a good exchange ... will be a good fight imo ......... i will take rampage, but it ain't gonna be easy .. i think page will exploit the fact that rashad has never been past the 3rd and tire him out before executing his own style of black on black crime ...

County Mike
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Evans is a tool with a stupid name and man boobs. I hope Rampage kills him.

Agreed!

Crisco
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I pick Rampage by vicious knockout.

Rashad has not had to deal with someone like the Rampage. He is basically Rashad but bigger blacker and better.

J.B.
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Rashad grabs his crotch and twists his nipples, and he is hated. Rampage runs from the cops and smashes into a pregnant woman with his truck, and he is loved. Go figure.

Also, anybody who does not see the horrible WWF-esque hype going on with confrontations like this are just blind. It's not personal, it's business, and the UFC made those two do that.

Either way, it should be a great fight.

Crisco
03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Rashad grabs his crotch and twists his nipples, and he is hated. Rampage runs from the cops and smashes into a pregnant woman with his truck, and he is loved. Go figure.

Also, anybody who does not see the horrible WWF-esque hype going on with confrontations like this are just blind. It's not personal, it's business, and the UFC made those two do that.

Either way, it should be a great fight.

I don't hate rashad. I like Rampage.

Sometimes **** happens in peoples lives and Rampage according to him is saved. If God can forgive him so can I.

que
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM

difference:

rashad grabs his crotch, tweaks his nipples, says all kinds of disrespectful curse words during smack talks on television and he doesn't apologize for it, he is proud of it. that is why he is hated.

rampage runs from cops, smashes a pregnant womans car, but he apologizes and pays his dues in court for it. that is why he is loved.

realizing your mistakes, repenting and asking for forgiveness is a powerful thing. read the Bible, it talks all about it. :)

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I just prefer Rampage, i think he is one of my favourite fighters.

And i like the man, i like the way he is, sure that aint a nice incident that happened but im not here to judge him for that.

I have always stuck up for Rashad but just wasnt too keen on how he acted but then it aint a big deal either way!

I am excited about the fight and hoping Rampage gives him a hiding and retakes what is his!

J.B.
03-10-2009, 12:54 AM
difference:

rashad grabs his crotch, tweaks his nipples, says all kinds of disrespectful curse words during smack talks on television and he doesn't apologize for it, he is proud of it. that is why he is hated.

rampage runs from cops, smashes a pregnant womans car, but he apologizes and pays his dues in court for it. that is why he is loved.

realizing your mistakes, repenting and asking for forgiveness is a powerful thing. read the Bible, it talks all about it. :)

Disrespectful curse words huh...wow, what a tyrannical human being...:rolleyes: I'm sure you have never been disrespectful or cursed in your life. :laugh:

Also, I never said Rampage should not be forgiven for his mistakes, but don't tell me he "paid his dues in court". Any non-celebrity who did what Rampage did would most certainly be spending time in jail.

The Bible says a lot of things, and not a single passage in the good book says I have to root for Rampage in a UFC fight simply because he asked for forgiveness. If you wanna pull that card, we will be here all day going back and forth. Don't use the Lord's word to try and lessen what is a legitimate dislike for the actions of Quinton Jackson.

If being "disrespectful" is the best you can come up with for not liking Evans, so be it, but to me it's just not gonna hold a lot of water. Evans is not really doing anything that other fighters don't do too.

J.B.
03-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Sometimes **** happens in peoples lives and Rampage according to him is saved. If God can forgive him so can I.

No disagreement there. I just lost a lot of respect for him. Remember, it was not like Rampage claimed to be saved right after all of this. He has been a Christian for some time now. He just made some very poor decisions.

The point I was making is that Rashad is getting way to much hate without a lot of substance.

Jonlion
03-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Liddell and Wanderlei always done it well, short and sweet stare down and not many words!

The GSP v Hughes and This one for me are distasteful.

Again at least BJ's and GSP's was done in a good way.

Hughes_GOAT
03-10-2009, 01:00 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/zwaww4.gif

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/Kal-El-/rashadtl2.gif

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1518/rashod1be3.gif

J.B.
03-10-2009, 01:03 AM
That last GIF is hilarious :laugh:

That first one is just missing one thing....:wink:

bradwright
03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Disrespectful curse words huh...wow, what a tyrannical human being...:rolleyes: I'm sure you have never been disrespectful or cursed in your life. :laugh:

Also, I never said Rampage should not be forgiven for his mistakes, but don't tell me he "paid his dues in court". Any non-celebrity who did what Rampage did would most certainly be spending time in jail.

The Bible says a lot of things, and not a single passage in the good book says I have to root for Rampage in a UFC fight simply because he asked for forgiveness. If you wanna pull that card, we will be here all day going back and forth. Don't use the Lord's word to try and lessen what is a legitimate dislike for the actions of Quinton Jackson.

If being "disrespectful" is the best you can come up with for not liking Evans, so be it, but to me it's just not gonna hold a lot of water. Evans is not really doing anything that other fighters don't do too.

let me just say,tyrannical,WOW,i've been trying to work that word into a post for a long time now,you beat me to it though,i'm impressed.

dont mind me,just carry on with what you were doing.

Hughes_GOAT
03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/nd7d02.gif

J.B.
03-10-2009, 01:08 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/nd7d02.gif

You got it! :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-10-2009, 01:15 AM
http://ufc-fights.com/wp-content/uploads/liddell-evans-ufc88.gif

Hughes_GOAT
03-10-2009, 01:19 AM
http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/niptweak2.gif

http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/niptweak.gif

get the riddum started

J.B.
03-10-2009, 01:23 AM
For the record, Ramapge was not telling Rashad not to "curse", he was telling him not offer Jackson the first punch.

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 01:53 AM
rampage totally won this verbal assault and rashad looked like a tool in this video.i like how rampage kept it clean and when rashad crossed the line and said "motherf*****" rampage was like 'oookk you don't gotta say that' lol

"there's gonna be some more black on black crime!"

http://mmamania.com/2009/03/08/quinton-rampage-jackson-and-rashad-evans-smack-talk-video/
Quinton is a better at verbal sparring then he is at physical boxing.

He's fantastic...he's so quick and clever

like at the start Evans wasnt doing so bad, but Jackson had the right idea, repeat the same phrase, there was zero counter to that and then Evans sorta dissolved into just nodding appropriately...

Quinton clearly won that...though the end was a little bit off...he shouldnt have thrown the microphone coz they are expensive, but other then that. He controlled where the talking went, notice how he shut Evans down and ended the conversation by changing the conversation, he brought it to a respectable close and there was nothing Evans could do

He's also very human. He makes mistakes..but I think he's genuine...I just think you have to be careful about when to take him seriously. A defence mechanism he uses is his comic releaf, it stops people getting that close and pinning him down...what makes him loveable is he's not afraid to do things to embariss himself or laugh at himself...people find that refreshing.

Having said that...he's not mad like Mayhem Miller...he knows where to stop the funny games so he doesnt become a walking loon and a joke to others. He's also...smaller then he looks on TV in real life.

...and he dances to music...he's outrageous when he does that :laugh:

I seem to remember Rashad wasnt too bad smack talking against Tito Ortiz at one of the press conferences though. I think its just that Quinton is on a "whole nother level" ahhahahahahahahaha

Chuck
03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm having a hard time with the "ball grabbing/kissing issue from last time...

You can't tell me that's something all fighters do that's for sure....

que
03-10-2009, 06:41 AM

like at the start Evans wasnt doing so bad, but Jackson had the right idea, repeat the same phrase, there was zero counter to that and then Evans sorta dissolved into just nodding appropriately...

Quinton clearly won that...though the end was a little bit off...he shouldnt have thrown the microphone coz they are expensive, but other then that. He controlled where the talking went, notice how he shut Evans down and ended the conversation by changing the conversation, he brought it to a respectable close and there was nothing Evans could do

He's also very human. He makes mistakes..but I think he's genuine...I just think you have to be careful about when to take him seriously. A defence mechanism he uses is his comic releaf, it stops people getting that close and pinning him down...what makes him loveable is he's not afraid to do things to embariss himself or laugh at himself...people find that refreshing.

Having said that...he's not mad like Mayhem Miller...he knows where to stop the funny games so he doesnt become a walking loon and a joke to others. He's also...smaller then he looks on TV in real life.

I seem to remember Rashad wasnt too bad smack talking against Tito Ortiz at one of the press conferences though. I think its just that Quinton is on a "whole nother level" ahhahahahahahahaha

well said dave

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

Rampage afterwards in all of hsi interviews was like "why'd Rashad get all up my face like that?".
I was waiting for Rashad to pound his chest and yell "my Belt" and then shove Rampage! anyne else recall that memory from Pride?:laugh:

J.B.
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm having a hard time with the "ball grabbing/kissing issue from last time...

You can't tell me that's something all fighters do that's for sure....

Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

The human mind is a fascinating tool, it has the ability to justify anything.

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

The silly human mind and it's quarky personal opinions :rolleyes:

Chuck
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Like Rashad and his no class behavior??? :D

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=JB Rattlesnake]Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

The human mind is a fascinating tool, it has the ability to justify anything.[QUOTE]

Zah-ZINGO!!!

Did you hear the crowd in Columbus? they were really booing him. I think the best thing for machida's image would be to give Rashad a beating.

J.B.
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Sure, and if you find his behavior to be "classless", then you would find a way to justify not liking him, while refuting comparisons that may not suit your liking. This discussion was already had a few months back, and I could list plenty of fighters I would deem much more classless than Rashad.

My opinion is that the "no class behavior" people think Rashad is exhibiting has been blown out of proportion by people who were probably never going to like him anyway. Then again, it never helps when you knock off two of the most loved fighters in the UFC in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin.

The truth is, calling Rashad "classless" is not really a matter of "fact", it's a matter of opinion. Some things just rub people the wrong way, and while it's fair to be critical, I think some people are simply just HATERS, even if they won't admit it. Look at all the haters of Matt. They generally take statements and actions made by Matt and view them through a tiny scope, thus making it easier to fit their preconceived notion that Matt is somehow a bad guy. It's all ridiculous if you ask me.

OH NO, Rashad was CURSING!!! OOOOHHHH!!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Sure, and if you find his behavior to be "classless", then you would find a way to justify not liking him, while refuting comparisons that may not suit your liking. This discussion was already had a few months back, and I could list plenty of fighters I would deem much more classless than Rashad.

My opinion is that the "no class behavior" people think Rashad is exhibiting has been blown out of proportion by people who were probably never going to like him anyway. Then again, it never helps when you knock off two of the most loved fighters in the UFC in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin.

The truth is, calling Rashad "classless" is not really a matter of "fact", it's a matter of opinion. Some things just rub people the wrong way, and while it's fair to be critical, I think some people are simply just HATERS, even if they won't admit it. Look at all the haters of Matt. They generally take statements and actions made by Matt and view them through a tiny scope, thus making it easier to fit their preconceived notion that Matt is somehow a bad guy. It's all ridiculous if you ask me.

I thought that Rashad did a nice job of commentating given the fact that his best friend was fighting. His antics after the fight were probably fueled by hard feelings based in disappointment for Jardine.
It's all opinion anyways.
You're probably right about my dislike for him coming from his defeat of Chuck. Same reason I don't like Gonzaga is because of what he did to CroCop.

Hughes_GOAT
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM

i agree but in fairness, it goes both ways. :laugh:

County Mike
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I just don't like the way Rashad looks. That's pretty much how I form all my opinions of people.

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I just don't like the way Rashad looks. That's pretty much how I form all my opinions of people.
:laugh: :laugh:

J.B.
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
i agree but in fairness, it goes both ways. :laugh:

Of course :)

TDPARKASH
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Agreed, there are still a lot of Bj fans here & didn't he tell GSP's trainer to go f himself before the fight. I know GSP's trainer was saying that BJ will regret coming to WW division, but that doesn't BJ to curse like that.

We all know this staredown was set up by the UFC, like I have said before Rashad is inherintly ghetto. Saying M f.....is almost like an expression in some communities. Trust me, that phrase has many many connotations. Anybody see Donnie Brasco here, just think of "forget about it"

atomdanger
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
This was hilarious

I almost died laughing "think it, know it, see it", "you gettin knocked out"
lol That was some of the best smack talking ever