PDA

View Full Version : Police Have Fight Voer Territory in PA

VCURamFan
03-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Absolutely ridiculous! :blink:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/cops-tussle-with-cops-on-camera

DARBY, Pa. - Bad blood spills over between cops in neighboring Delaware County towns, who are caught on camera in a cop-on-cop confrontation.
Fox 29 has new video tonight of a confrontation between police officers in Darby and Colwyn boroughs.

The county District Attorney is looking into the case, after a Colwyn officer accused Darby's police chief of assaulting him.

Last Friday afternoon a woman flagged down a police officer. She said a man had punched her friend a block away, knocking her to the ground. The police officer from Colwyn arrested the man as more officers arrived.
The first officer on scene had crossed the border from Colwyn into Darby, which is another jurisdiction. Minutes later, Darby's police chief showed up. The chief began arguing with the Colwyn officer, who was sitting in his patrol car behind the wheel.

On the video, you can hear other Darby officers trying to calm the chief down. But the argument escalates.

The chief shouts, "get out of Darby," as the Colwyn officer gets out of his patrol car and then has to be restrained.

All the while, the victim is still laying on the ground as emergency crews work on her.

There's a pretty long history of bad blood between these two towns.

Click the link to find the video.

Spiritwalker
03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
so much for the Blue Wall of Brotherhood....

VCURamFan
03-25-2011, 02:50 PM
so much for the Blue Wall of Brotherhood....
According to the Darby mayor (she's interviewd in the video), the Darby Police chief has a history of isolationism, not allowing his men to go help any other townships. The Colwyn officer was only a block inside of Darby when he made the arrest. He was parked in Colwyn, a woman ran to his car & said "Help, my friend was just assaulted! She's one block that way!!" so he did his duty & went to help the victim, arresting the attacker. Then the Darby chief flips out on him. :blink:

Spiritwalker
03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I watched some of the video, but couldn't hear the audio...

I wanted to be a cop for years.. but .. just don't have the "tolerance" factor that is needed...

Seeing that was just sad..

County Mike
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Darby can suck it!

Colwyn rules!

rockdawg21
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Makes you think of the feud between the State Troopers and Spurbury Police on Super Troopers.

County Mike
03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Makes you think of the feud between the State Troopers and Spurbury Police on Super Troopers.

Hilarious movie!

rockdawg21
03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Hilarious movie!
I tried to find a clip of that to post it, but there isn't on on YT :sad:

VCURamFan
03-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Hahaha, yeah it does!! :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like the Darby chief needs fired! You would think any decent officer would be glad a cop actually helped a citizen!