PDA

View Full Version : Matt the Hammer Hamill

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Another Spoiler so be aware!

No disrespect to him and i appreicate the troubles he has gone through but man i can see why some people in the house got irriatated with him!

More importantly, as Bisping complained about how hard he goes in training, im not sure he realises sometimes the damage he is doing. I mean, im not sure there was any need to throw them punches at the end, i mean the guy was way gone!

I mean i spoke up for Rampage against Wanderlei, you know its the heat of the moment and perhaps i am being unfair to Hamill but he didnt seem to grasp fully what had happened. Myabe i am being unfair but i wasnt that impressed with him.

I mean Frankilin worked him over wonderfully and he doesnt act all crazy about it!

rockdawg21
03-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Fight until the ref stops it, simple as that. His adrenaline was up and it sure took him a long time to come down from that KO.

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 01:18 AM
From what I saw he stopped when the ref grabbed him.

Also, Rampage threw 2 extra punches when the ref already had his arms around him.

Two different situations.

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Yeah i know it was a little different but man, i mean that guy crumpled and was way gone, to me you can amped but you still know when the fight is over. I personally think he has a nasty streak to him, Hammill not a bad thing but i remain unsure about him.

And i was perturbed by his celebrations

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Yeah i know it was a little different but man, i mean that guy crumpled and was way gone, to me you can amped but you still know when the fight is over. I personally think he has a nasty streak to him, Hammill not a bad thing but i remain unsure about him.

Spiritwalker
03-09-2009, 01:31 AM
From what I saw he stopped when the ref grabbed him.

Also, Rampage threw 2 extra punches when the ref already had his arms around him.

Two different situations.

Damn.... there I go.. agreeing 100% with AtomD again....

what is the world coming to? :cool:

County Mike
03-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Sorry JonLion, but Hamill whooped your English hero (Bisping) and got the raw end of the judges decision. Someday, you'll have to accept that he's just better and Bisping is a bum. :)

Stop hating on the Hammer.

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

rockdawg21
03-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Sorry JonLion, but Hamill whooped your English hero (Bisping) and got the raw end of the judges decision. Someday, you'll have to accept that he's just better and Bisping is a bum. :)

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.
Hamill did get hosed in that decision.

TexasRN
03-09-2009, 02:05 AM
U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A.

Wait, what am I chanting for? I got caught up in Mike's enthusiasm and patriotism......:laugh:

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
03-09-2009, 02:15 AM
nah, you gotta keep going til you are pulled off ...

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Another Spoiler so be aware!

No disrespect to him and i appreicate the troubles he has gone through but man i can see why some people in the house got irriatated with him!

More importantly, as Bisping complained about how hard he goes in training, im not sure he realises sometimes the damage he is doing. I mean, im not sure there was any need to throw them punches at the end, i mean the guy was way gone!

I mean i spoke up for Rampage against Wanderlei, you know its the heat of the moment and perhaps i am being unfair to Hamill but he didnt seem to grasp fully what had happened. Myabe i am being unfair but i wasnt that impressed with him.

I mean Frankilin worked him over wonderfully and he doesnt act all crazy about it!
:huh: leave him alone :angry:

I think its adorable that he got really excited at the end and wouldnt stop bouncing, litterally around the cage.

As for the follow up punches...didnt he mention the justification for that in his post fight interview...I'm sure he said that he wasnt sure that Munoz was out, because he saw his head move...now it was going saggy...but he didnt know and the Ref hadnt stopped it at the time...sooo...no I think he was alright

Who cares what Michael Bisping thinks :rolleyes:

lc87
03-09-2009, 02:24 AM
While I didn't see the fights he may have seen the pete sell matt brown fight you gotta go till the ref stops it.

jignpig
03-09-2009, 03:58 AM

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.
YESSS! I COULDNT AGREE MORE.

Chuck
03-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Any chance somebody could find a video? I missed all the fights....

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Way too many times have guys gone "loose" but hit the ground and been fine,
you don't stop because somebody goes limp and drops, a LOT of the time they are fine once they hit the ground.

Look what happened to thiago the other night with KOS,
KOS went limp and Thiago didn't jump on him and everybody was calling a bad stoppage

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 11:17 AM

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

Ha ha it is probably latent bitterness on my part, i am just not to keen on him!

Man, i hope the battaling Brits put ona good show in the TUF!!!!!!!!!

I mean, Bisping did whoop every americans ass on his way to the TUF finale.

I can selectively forget that controversial Hamill fight! :wink:

Llamafighter
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Hamill did get hosed in that decision.

Absolutely!
GREAT AVATAR BY THE WAY!!!

billwilliams70
03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I find it really hard NOT to like Matt Hamill.

Later.

Blade
03-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Hamill is big and slow and lumbering and cumbersome. Oh, and he's crap. He sucks and I look forward to the day when a decent fighter knocks him cold.

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Hamill is big and slow and lumbering and cumbersome. Oh, and he's crap. He sucks and I look forward to the day when a decent fighter knocks him cold.
not even Michael Bisping managed to do that...guess that doesnt confirm him as a "decent fighter" either in your eyes. I wish you'd do more then only come on here to shyte-stir :rolleyes:

Chuck
03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
:happy0198:

Blade
03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
not even Michael Bisping managed to do that...guess that doesnt confirm him as a "decent fighter" either in your eyes. I wish you'd do more then only come on here to shyte-stir :rolleyes:

Bisping is a decent fighter, Munoz is not. And the first time Sloth fought a decent fighter the same size as him (Franklin), he totally bottled it and went down like a sack of spuds from an average body kick because he wanted out. Lame.

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Bisping is a decent fighter, Munoz is not. And the first time Sloth fought a decent fighter the same size as him (Franklin), he totally bottled it and went down like a sack of spuds from an average body kick because he wanted out. Lame.
you ever been kicked in the liver blade>?

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
his record was 5-0 before that fight you know :mellow:

CAVEMAN
03-09-2009, 05:39 PM

You didn't miss much bro! Kind of a boring PPV.....

I was happy for Hamill though!

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.mmalinker.com/viewer/13574/i/Matt_Hamill_vs_Mark_Munoz_UFC_96.html

County Mike
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Babbling like another bitter brit. (Say that 10 times fast) :)

War Hammer!

Spiritwalker
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
You didn't miss much bro! Kind of a boring PPV.....

I was happy for Hamill though!

That's what I thought afterwards...

A few minor high spots.. but 'Page and Jardine gets FOtN??? no way...

Just not a great night of fights.. seeing Sell get destroyed was kinda cool.. and Vera impressed me a bit.. except he still referrs to himself in the 3rd person...

Hamill was great.

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Babbling like another bitter brit. (Say that 10 times fast) :)

War Hammer!

My post wasn't so much babble, i would more say gabble, prattle or prattle!

I am not bitter about anything, i do believe there is a beautiful looking W right next to Bispings names!

I am not bitter about that in the slightest! In fact i am rather smug! :Whistle:

I just thought Hamill was overzealous, i dont blame him, you fight until the Ref stops but i just thought he might of seen how badly damaged Munoz was.

Perhaps just me but i think Hamill would annoy the hell outta of me!

But then im sure i'd annoy him too!

County Mike
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't really care that much either way. I'm just joking around with the USA vs England thing. Trying to hype the upcoming season of TUF around here.

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't really care that much either way. I'm just joking around with the USA vs England thing. Trying to hype the upcoming season of TUF around here.
are you nervous that the British Empire might once again Conqure the New World? :ninja:

You probably should be :laugh:

County Mike
03-09-2009, 09:27 PM
are you nervous that the British Empire might once again Conqure the New World? :ninja:

No. Not really.

Blade
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Paul Taylor and Bisping are good fighters, not sure about Hardy yet, but the rest of the Brits suck and I'd much rather watch the top American/Canadian/South American/Japanese fighters. I hate the way they pad out the UK cards with no-name British losers. I'd rather see big names fighting, I don't give a rat's ass what nationality they are. I wish they'd cut Liaudin aswell, he ain't even British, damn frog.

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm more scared the boogie monster is gonna jump outta my closet and get me while I'm sleeping

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Paul Taylor and Bisping are good fighters, not sure about Hardy yet, but the rest of the Brits suck and I'd much rather watch the top American/Canadian/South American/Japanese fighters. I hate the way they pad out the UK cards with no-name British losers. I'd rather see big names fighting, I don't give a rat's ass what nationality they are. I wish they'd cut Liaudin aswell, he ain't even British, damn frog.
:huh: Liaudin hasnt been in the UFC for about four months now. :blink:

He's fighting in Hull next month :)

try and keep up Blade :rolleyes:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm more scared the boogie monster is gonna jump outta my closet and get me while I'm sleeping
:laugh: why does he speak in an English accent aswell :blink:

Blade
03-09-2009, 09:35 PM
:huh: Liaudin hasnt been in the UFC for about four months now. :blink:

He's fighting in Hull next month :)

try and keep up Blade :rolleyes:

Who is he fighting, an angry fisherman? Either way, bet he gets sparked out.

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
:laugh: why does he speak in an English accent aswell :blink:
no, but I think have a better chance of encountering him and the tooth fairy than the chance of britain becoming the power they once were...Not trying to be mean, Dave...Just realistic

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Who is he fighting, an angry fisherman? Either way, bet he gets sparked out.
:angry: I dont actually know to be honnest...but hopefully I'm going to meet up with him at the event.

Why...wanna come meet up with us and tell him how you feel to his face? :huh:

bradwright
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
i'm pretty sure if you give a guy by the name of Major Payne a call
that he just might have a remedy for that,:wink:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
no, but I think have a better chance of encountering him and the tooth fairy than the chance of britain becoming the power they once were...Not trying to be mean, Dave...Just realistic
What are you talking about?

your speaking to me in my own language? :ninja:

England was to the world, what the Gracies were to BJJ....and the analogy still sticks...We may not be dominant now...but you all speak our language :laugh: :tongue0011:

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
but you all speak our language :laugh: :tongue0011:

Come on now Dave, you've been to the states you know we don't speak English,
not anymore than your average Mexican speaks Spanish.

We speak American, its pretty far from English.

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Jesse Laudin is the man!

County Mike, i know you were only playing around!!!!!

Just didnt want to thrown in with Blade was all!!!!!!

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Come on now Dave, you've been to the states you know we don't speak English,
not anymore than your average Mexican speaks Spanish.

We speak American, its pretty far from English.
:laugh: :laugh:

Its called Americanized English...and yes there are differences, particularly in spelling..but the basis of it is English

dont feel bad...we got our base from Latin, and the Holy Roman Empire...its just the way the evolution of languages go.

Besides...I know there are plenty in the States that DONT speak English at all. :mellow: :laugh:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Jesse Laudin is the man!

:w00t: I aggree. :cool:

We've been talking on Myspace for ages...but not really frequently until after UFC85...the strange thing was...I'd already seen him fight live twice...and never met him. :unsure-1:

Now I'll have to go to some other promotion especially to see him. If Only we'd talked more sooner I could have killed several birds with the same stone :laugh:

atomdanger
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

Its called Americanized English...and yes there are differences, particularly in spelling..but the basis of it is English

dont feel bad...we got our base from Latin, and the Holy Roman Empire...its just the way the evolution of languages go.

Besides...I know there are plenty in the States that DONT speak English at all. :mellow: :laugh:

Oh I know its mostly the same, I was just being a smartass, because its pretty different.

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Oh I know its mostly the same, I was just being a smartass, because its pretty different.
:laugh: dont worry...ive been playing the part of smart arse all night.

I just wish we'd stop having power cuts here!!

My computer has reset itself twice tonight, after the half hour when the district lost all power alltogether :blink: