PDA

View Full Version : Allied Air Attack Begins in Tripoli

VCURamFan
03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't see an article about it in my news feed, but it's preempting the tournament on CBS right now. Began with French fighters making strikes earlier today & now the US Navy has fired between 50-100 tomahawk missiles from destroyers & subs, targeting Libya's air defense sites in order to strip Gaddafi's air coverage & open for Allied air strikes.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Bout time something gets done!

VCURamFan
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I would like to point out that only under Obama would France take the lead in military action! :laugh:

TexasRN
03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I would like to point out that only under Obama would France take the lead in military action! :laugh:

Wait. France fired first? Really? :blink:

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-19-2011, 09:15 PM

~Amy

Yup!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-20-2011, 05:07 AM

~Amy

Shocker! Its a scary world when the French are the ones that grow a pair and we follow! Now I'm abit embarrassed!

County Mike
03-20-2011, 02:28 PM

~Amy

Yeah, but reports say they did it with their eyes closed and then quickly ran away.

Tyburn
03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
My Nan told of how worried she was about Libya just today over lunch. She says that although she is glad the idea of a ground invasion was rulled out, we DONT want yet another Iraq...she says she is most concerned because UNLIKE Saddam...Lybias Gaddafi is known to be directly behind one off terrorist attacks miles from his home soil as reprisals to the west for not supporting him.

She says that she fears out of all those countries who have gone together to the United Nations to impose a no-fly-zone over the Rebel Teritory in Libya to allow the Allied Forces to Bomb the main administration of Libya...she thinks that England is most at risk from retaliation.

Here is why. She thinks that the United States will be considered to far away...her basis for this was saying that although Lockerbie can be considered more an attack on the US then England...it was attacked outside of the US. She doesnt think Gadaffi will bother trying to reprise France...whats the point? But she says at the end of April, Gaddafi has the perfect opportunity to strike at the very heartland of England with the upcomming Royal Wedding.

Whilst the population arent radical monarchists...they admire Elizabeth, but dislike most of her family...the vast majority of them very much like Prince William. She says she thinks that if everyone country wide is dolled up to the nines to celebrate the future King of Englands Wedding day...and had, instead front row seats to his assassination...that might be enough to tip the instable government into complete and utter all out offensive against Libya...not a few bombing raids...but a complete flattning of the entire country.

She told me that if the Rebels and the Administration couldnt find Gadafi, (she is alluding to the week of the uprising, when the Colonel dissapeared, leaving his son as spokesman...he was gone so long everyone thought he'd fled to Latin America...but he had been in hiding and came out when the tide turned against the protestors) why should we think that this bombing raid will do anything other then infuriate him? She says she doesnt think their are enough rebels to actually win their cause without a land invasion, which the West hasnt, and England wont sanction.

So she thinks that this will all come to nothing, that Gadaffi will reassert his control, and that he will then seek the revenge that we know he has the capable experience and ability to do...because unlike Saddam...Gadaffi has already killed Americans, and Britons, abroad, in a one off, singular successful terrorist attack, which took decades to trace back to him.

Shes an excellent strategist :laugh: ive been learning about what she did during the second world war this afternoon :laugh:

Tyburn
03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Shocker! Its a scary world when the French are the ones that grow a pair and we follow! Now I'm abit embarrassed!

They didnt. America and England went to the United Nations...the French only got to Libya first because they were geographically closer :laugh:

No need to fear :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
They didnt. America and England went to the United Nations...the French only got to Libya first because they were geographically closer :laugh:

No need to fear :laugh:

OK! For awhile I thought that maybe Obama gave what little courage we had left to the French!

Tyburn
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
OK! For awhile I thought that maybe Obama gave what little courage we had left to the French!

Thats one Export that the French can never except, from anyone, or anything :laugh:

Crisco
03-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Apparently Sarkozy was really friendly with their regime. They where threatening to air his dirty laundry including their funding of his campaign for president... Maybe that's why he jumped so fast trying to silence them.

CAVEMAN
03-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Where are the far left liberals? Where are the protests? Why has there not been a march on Washington? Where are the people that demonized GWB for taking military action against a dictator?

:Whistle:

Tyburn
03-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Where are the far left liberals? Where are the protests? Why has there not been a march on Washington? Where are the people that demonized GWB for taking military action against a dictator?

They will come if the attack isnt sufficient to oust Gadaffi...then they shall pretend they were never in favour to begin with.

Protests of this nature only happen with boredum compounded by troop deaths. IF Iraq really had been over after the land invasion, and almost no troops were lost, there would have been no protests....but...three years on and certain sections of society are pretending that they never asked for the war in the first place.

At least the UN, and lots of the Europeans were against it from the start, and all the way through...The American Protestors CHANGED THEIR MINDS when their countries forces hit stumbling blocks.

Im proud to say that I protested BEFORE the commencement...and then didnt bother once the conflict had begun. Its too late to change your mind three years in. Once they entered the ball game changed, and IMHO, they left BEFORE their time.

VCURamFan
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Everyone is holding their breath right now. Obama won the Oval Office on a campaign of how terribly it was for Bush to get us mired down in the Middle East. Now suddenly Obama's faced with the exact same situation & he has to prove that there is a better way to do things. If he can't he will effectually be proving himself ignorant of world politics. If he can, however, his stock skyrockets & he's got a good shot at a second term.

That being said, things are beginning to look remarkably similar to Shock & Awe: the UN (who's supposed to be in love with Obama) is withdrawing support.

Tyburn
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
speaking of which...perhaps those who are in support of the Military would care to watch this video. Its the story of a Man who died fighting for his country, and a 50 year search to find him.

Dont worry...Its unedited at present, but once ive edited it I will host it in its own thread...YES its a FIFTEEN MIN VIDEO...but its a story that deserves to be heard...and its told by my Nan who went on a hunt for her childhood sweetheart when he didnt come back from the World War Two Thousand Bomber Raids on Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-wW58-3qSQ

I hope you get something out of this both tragic...and yet enlightening tale

Tyburn
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
In recent days, the disturbing news coming from Libya has awakened in me fear and trepidation. I made a ​​special prayer to the Lord during the week of Spiritual Exercises. I am now following recent events with great apprehension. I pray for those involved in the dramatic situation in that country and make an urgent appeal to all political and military leaders involved to have first and foremost in their heart the safety and security of citizens and to ensure access to humanitarian aid. To the people I want to assure my heartfelt closeness, and I ask God that an horizon of peace and harmony arises as soon as possible in Libya and the entire North African region

Special Announcement from His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI, Bishop of Rome :)

flo
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM

*sound of crickets*