PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you guys were unaware...

Spiritwalker
03-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I was picked on as a kid in school.. I was short and skinney.. plus I had a mouth on me that was about 50 lbs heavier than I really was...

I came home many times bloody and brusied.. and only one time did I ever REALLY put my bullies in their place.. I did ok.. but only once did the guy ever laid out like I wanted....

but THIS KID.. while I admit.. went over the top.. earned a pat on the back from me....

Here is the direct You Tube video that is sweeping the Interwebs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=678sm5rGqKg

http://deadspin.com/#!5782089/revenge-of-the-bullied-casey-becomes-an-icon

It's been a day since the Internet was introduced to Casey Heynes, the Australian kid who struck back against a bully. In Internet time, a day's an eternity, so let's bring you up to date.

The story is front page news in Australia, where they won't name the kids (Casey is 16, attacker Ritchard(or Richard) is 12) but do identify the school as Chifley College, in Sydney. They also confirm the fight took place Monday morning.

The news has spread from FOX News to Canada to random Oklahoma affiliates, but we're still woefully short on details since the Heynes family is reluctant to talk.

"There'll be reprisals from other kids in the school and he still has to go to school somewhere," Casey's father said. "He's not a violent kid, it's the first time he's lashed out and I don't want him to be victimised over that.

"He's always been taught never to hit. Apparently other people's parents don't teach their kids that."

Surprisingly, Ritchard suffered no major injuries. There are conflicting reports on the boys' punishment, though both were suspended and police were called after the school learned about the fight, and we've been informed that Ritchard's suspension is the longer one. So make up your own mind about whether to join one of the many "Free Casey" fanpages that have been popping up (and being taken down, much like all the YouTube videos of the fight).

That hasn't stopped "Casey the Punisher" or "Zangief Kid" from becoming the toast of the Internet. The meme engine has gone into overdrive.

Casey's the reluctant hero, and it's no wonder the world is obsessed. His story strikes a cord with anyone who's even been bullied or just unfairly picked on by life. We received a handful of emails from people who just wanted to share their own stories of being bullied, and fighting back. Here are two: they seemed cathartic. If you'd like to vent your own bullying tales (anonymously), don't hesitate to share with us.

Rev
03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I love it. I cant stand a bully.

Dethbob
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
My parents told me Ďdonít you ever fight, just ignore it!í so of course I got picked on a lot when I was younger. But one day this kid who was a something-belt in taekwondo kept kicking me to impress his friends. I kept asking him to stop, trying to leave, but eventually I just body locked him and landed on his back. He was yelling Ďget off me get off me!í I didnít really beat him up that much because his friends all started laughing at him, and I wasnít mad after that. This was back before zero tolerance, so none of us got in trouble.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I read about that! Sounds to me like his parents are crazy for helping make a victim out of him by telling him to not strike back. Then the school really done him dirty by suspending him! My Mom was one who thought that if you ignored a bully they would get bored and leave you along. My experience is they just hit you harder then. When I got to where if they pushed me I pushed them and when they threatened I told them bring it they backed off. Most bullies in my experience ain't really that brave!

Spiritwalker
03-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I read about that! Sounds to me like his parents are crazy for helping make a victim out of him by telling him to not strike back. Then the school really done him dirty by suspending him! My Mom was one who thought that if you ignored a bully they would get bored and leave you along. My experience is they just hit you harder then. When I got to where if they pushed me I pushed them and when they threatened I told them bring it they backed off. Most bullies in my experience ain't really that brave!

bullies, criminals.. democrats.. the KKK... yep.. pretty much cowards..

County Mike
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
If I read that correctly, the 16 year old was getting picked on by a 12 year old and finally fought back. How big was this 12 year old? (Can't watch the videos from work)

Through most of school, including high school, I was always the runt. I got picked on a little bit but I was usually good at being friends with everyone. Even though I was an easy target, most people liked me. If someone did pick on me, someone else made them stop. I didn't have a real growth spurt until my senior year in high school.

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I saw that on Greta the other night. I think the kid, the bully, got what he deserved--wondered if that broke his leg or what? :unsure-1:

I figured the other kid would get in trouble even though it's clear who was starting trouble. Did the bully get suspended too, I hope?

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 07:32 PM
If I read that correctly, the 16 year old was getting picked on by a 12 year old and finally fought back. How big was this 12 year old? (Can't watch the videos from work)

Through most of school, including high school, I was always the runt. I got picked on a little bit but I was usually good at being friends with everyone. Even though I was an easy target, most people liked me. If someone did pick on me, someone else made them stop. I didn't have a real growth spurt until my senior year in high school.

The bully looked like a shrimp, the other kid was a big kid, but the little one clearly started it, reared back with his fist and hit the big one with all those other little punks egging him on. The big one picked the little one up around his waist and lifted him up and smashed him legs/knees first on the concrete--sounded awful. When that kid tried to get up, looked like his leg was really hurt...maybe broken, but he asked for it. :wink:

rearnakedchoke
03-17-2011, 07:35 PM
LOL .. that is too funny .. dude got punked ... shoulda slammed the twirp in his head ....

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 07:43 PM
LOL .. that is too funny .. dude got punked ... shoulda slammed the twirp in his head ....

As much as he deserved it for sure, it was still hard to see/hear that. I just hope he got in trouble and they aren't just punishing the big guy for 1) being older and 2) being bigger than the little punk. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the troublemaker isn't getting punished at all and if his parents are suing the other kid's parents now. If they are, I hope they show the whole video of the little punk instigating this whole thing. The big kid didn't even strike back after that first punch; it was only after the kid kept on that he got fed up, and who knows how many other times before this he had just let it go and didn't respond.

Bullies are cowards. Usually bullies pick on people who are smaller than them; this little bully was a big idiot!

flo
03-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Bonnie, that was my first reaction when I saw it - hard to watch. But there have been some interesting new details that came to light after the vid went viral.

The school reported the skinny kid's only injury was a scraped knee; both boys have been suspended for 4 days, and the bigger kid had been bullied for years and had enough.

rockdawg21
03-17-2011, 10:05 PM
That was awesome! I hate bullies, that's the main reason I lift weights, stay in shape, and take martial arts. My kids will have something I never did, the ability to defend themselves against punks like that.

matthughesfan21
03-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't feel sorry for the little punk in the least bit...If you are going to exhibit that shhyte behavior, expect consequences...Good for the big kid, it must hurt a lot to get bullied for years like that and a person can only take so much...I loved it

DonnaMaria
03-17-2011, 10:53 PM
The kid got what he deserved.......

I was bullied in high school. Pushed down stairs, slammed into lockers, kicked.
Like most girls I internalized it and developed all kinds of bad coping skills like self harming. At least I survived. A close friend was bullied so much and so badly that she took her own life.:cry:

I tell my girls to defend themselves. Verbally and physically. They arenít allowed to start anything but they arenít allowed to let anything slide either.

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Bonnie, that was my first reaction when I saw it - hard to watch. But there have been some interesting new details that came to light after the vid went viral.

The school reported the skinny kid's only injury was a scraped knee; both boys have been suspended for 4 days, and the bigger kid had been bullied for years and had enough.

I bet all those little a***s who were standing around egging their little punk friend on are going to think twice before bullying someone else...I hope! If he's smart (which is doubtful) that little punk learned his lesson.

I don't think the older boy should have been suspended or punished at all. These schools don't seem to want to step in and do anything about these bullies so these kids have to take care of it themselves.

Miss Foxy
03-17-2011, 11:07 PM
I bet all those little a***s who were standing around egging their little punk friend on are going to think twice before bullying someone else...I hope! If he's smart (which is doubtful) that little punk learned his lesson.

I don't think the older boy should have been suspended or punished at all. These schools don't seem to want to step in and do anything about these bullies so these kids have to take care of it themselves.

+1!

rockdawg21
03-17-2011, 11:11 PM

Yeah, but if the schools did step in to do something about it, the hippie parents would throw a fit.

DonnaMaria
03-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm curious.......did the school know about it at all? Sometimes kids are reluctant to talk about being bullied. Especially boys.

At any rate, the older boy shouldn't have been suspended. Hopefully his parents will get that changed. It was obviously self defense.

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah, but if the schools did step in to do something about it, the hippie parents would throw a fit.

Let them; it's better than some poor bullied kid committing suicide or bringing a gun to school and letting all that pent up frustration and rage explode.

The best thing is if the bullied kid can handle it himself/herself...much more effective; but there are instances in these techno times where a higher authority should step in and dole out hard consequences for these punks!

Bonnie
03-17-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm curious.......did the school know about it at all? Sometimes kids are reluctant to talk about being bullied. Especially boys.

At any rate, the older boy shouldn't have been suspended. Hopefully his parents will get that changed. It was obviously self defense.

Exactly! So he's being punished for defending himself!

rockdawg21
03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
He already has a fan page on Facebook, nearly 100,000 fans now!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-Heynes/196106643745318

They posted the e-mail if you want to complain to the school's administration: dunheved-h.school@det.nsw.edu.au I'm going to send my e-mail now. This is BS that he was suspended for defending himself when he CLEARLY didn't do anything to provoke that kid or throw the first 5 punches. :rolleyes:

LOL, you've gotta see the photos on here! Here's a taste:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197198_10150170485327247_538787246_8784480_5376740 _n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197430_10150107289601404_573166403_6456084_3486398 _n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197516_201474426538496_100000278191368_752048_4259 652_n.jpg

DonnaMaria
03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Well no one can deny the facts when they see the video.

The video that the "support bullies" took when they THOUGHT they were going to see the older kid get beat.

I LOVE that it is being used against them now! In my opinion, the kid that took the video and the ones watching should also get suspended. :angry:

flo
03-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I was bullied in high school. Pushed down stairs, slammed into lockers, kicked.
Like most girls I internalized it and developed all kinds of bad coping skills like self harming. At least I survived. A close friend was bullied so much and so badly that she took her own life.:cry:

That's horrible, DM. :sad:

I'm curious.......did the school know about it at all?

I wish I could find the link that I read yesterday but so far no luck. In it, the dad of the heavier kid said his boy had been bullied a long time and the school had done nothing about it.

DonnaMaria
03-18-2011, 12:51 AM
That's horrible, DM. :sad:

I wish I could find the link that I read yesterday but so far no luck. In it, the dad of the heavier kid said his boy had been bullied a long time and the school had done nothing about it.

That is inexcusable ............:angry:

for that reason alone the older boy shouldn't be suspended.

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Street Fighter version, too funny!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhm03a_little-zangief-zangief-kid-street-fighter-version_fun

VCURamFan
03-18-2011, 03:34 AM
O geez. The bully's mom wants an apology now. :rolleyes:

The mother of an Australian bully who's become an Internet sensation for being body-slammed on video by one of his victims says she wants an apology.

Footage of the fight shows seventh-grader Ritchard Gale tormenting, shoving and punching 10th-grader Casey Heynes at Chifley College in St. Marys North before the much-larger Heynes body slams Gale and walks away.

But Gale's mother, Tina, says she and her family are the victims, now that the video has gone viral, and she says Heynes owes her family an apology.

"We don't need this posted everywhere," she told Australia's Seven Network on Wednesday. "I would like him to apologize."

Tina said she while was "shocked" at Ritchard's behavior, she didn't think he deserved to be slammed to the ground. Neither boy suffered serious injuries in the fight.

The video, which became an Internet sensation shortly after being posted, caused a surge of approval for Heynes, with many calling him a "hero" and nicknaming him "the Punisher" while dubbing Ritchard "The Rat." A Facebook page for "Casey Heynes – Public Figure" also has generated nearly 98,000 "likes."

The school however did not pick sides in the fight and instead suspended both boys for four days.

Trial attorney Lee Armstrong said that was a mistake and unfair to Heynes.
"We understand that in the past he gets bullied every day… If this was like a Wii video game and we could control his limbs, that's exactly what one of us would have done," Armstrong told Fox News. "The fact that this smaller kid can't appreciate the difference in size between himself and a larger kid is his problem. This kid should not have been suspended."

But defense attorney and former prosecutor Mark Eiglarsh said not suspending Heynes would have set a dangerous precedent.

"This isn't just an isolated incident. This now becomes law in the school. Every other kid now is free if they're bullied not to do as they're told to turn the other cheek and go to their teachers but to lift up another kid, the bully, and slamming them to ground, risking paralysis or death," Eiglarsh told Fox News.

The school said it will decide whether to subject the boys to further punishment after it completes an investigation.

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/hurr-durr-derp-face-even-they-do-it.jpg

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 03:38 AM
O geez. The bully's mom wants an apology now. :rolleyes:

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/hurr-durr-derp-face-even-they-do-it.jpg
Link please?

VCURamFan
03-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Link please?

FoxNews. Sorry, lemme go dig it up again.

EDIT: Here ya go - http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/17/mother-australian-bully-body-slammed-video-demands-apology-victim/

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 03:40 AM
FoxNews. Sorry, lemme go dig it up again.

EDIT: Here ya go - http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/17/mother-australian-bully-body-slammed-video-demands-apology-victim/
Thx. I'm going to post it on his Fan Page on FB. No wonder that little ēēēēhead was doing that to Casey, his stupid mother obviously supports it!

Rev
03-18-2011, 03:43 AM
While I fully support the retaliation of the big guy, I understand why the school is punishing them both. I dont like it, but I understand it.

flo
03-18-2011, 03:44 AM
That is the perfect example of what's wrong with kids today. Parents, like this one, who want an apology from the kid her son was repeatedly hitting!

These parents bring up spoiled brats who have no respect for anyone but themselves, their moral standards summed up by "what's in it for me?" and will cheat/steal their way through life because they've been taught the world owes them a living. Mommy and daddy were always their buds because that's easier than being parents. These people also inevitably side with their little demon spawn when they get into trouble instead of backing up the school authorities, I've seen it in action.

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 03:46 AM
That is the perfect example of what's wrong with kids today. Parents, like this one, who want an apology from the kid her son was repeatedly hitting!

These parents bring up spoiled brats who have no respect for anyone but themselves, their moral standards summed up by "what's in it for me?" and will cheat/steal their way through life because they've been taught the world owes them a living. Mommy and daddy were always their buds because that's easier than being parents. These people also inevitably side with their little demon spawn when they get into trouble instead of backing up the school authorities, I've seen it in action.
I don't have any children, but let's say that happened to one of my family members, I'd say "You're lucky that's all you got you little piece of ****!"

flo
03-18-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't have any children, but let's say that happened to one of my family members, I'd say "You're lucky that's all you got you little piece of ****!"
Same here, rockdawg. If one of us were bullying somebody, we'd be in for it when we got home.

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 03:55 AM
Ugh, that attorney is such a dick. The school OBVIOUSLY wasn't doing ANYTHING to stop bullying. Casey had no choice but to fight back.
"This isn't just an isolated incident. This now becomes law in the school. Every other kid now is free if they're bullied not to do as they're told to turn the other cheek and go to their teachers but to lift up another kid, the bully, and slamming them to ground, risking paralysis or death," Eiglarsh told Fox News.

Rev
03-18-2011, 03:55 AM
I picked a fight with a kid who was bullying my cousin once. I got the crap beat out of me by my dad because he thought I was bullying the bully!! He felt bad after he found out but that made me NEVER even get close to being a bully.

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 03:58 AM
I picked a fight with a kid who was bullying my cousin once. I got the crap beat out of me by my dad because he thought I was bullying the bully!! He felt bad after he found out but that made me NEVER even get close to being a bully.
Sorry Rev, can't help but chuckle at that. Much respect to you and your dad as you both obviously hate bullies.

Rev
03-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Sorry Rev, can't help but chuckle at that. Much respect to you and your dad as you both obviously hate bullies.

yeah, its easy to chuckle when it wasnt your butt getting belted!!! lol
I must admit, I wouldnt have stopped when he did. I would have lost my mind on that little punk. I have no tolerance for that stuff.

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 04:06 AM
yeah, its easy to chuckle when it wasnt your butt getting belted!!! lol
I must admit, I wouldnt have stopped when he did. I would have lost my mind on that little punk. I have no tolerance for that stuff.
Well, I had my butt belted for being a little **** too, but not for bullying or fighting.

As for Casey, I'd imagine he was a little intimidated to do more as there were a lot of other kids there and that one kid stepped in his face after the bodyslam.

flo
03-18-2011, 05:16 AM
I think Casey has a possible future with the UFC, he already has the body slam down cold. :cool:

County Mike
03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
The only way Casey should have been suspended is if he soccer kicked the rat's head after the slam. I think he handled it perfectly. He did just enough to stop the bullying. Hopefully this will stop other kids from picking on him, but I have a feeling it won't. Some bigger friend of the little turd will probably take over now.

Dethbob
03-18-2011, 01:44 PM
The only way Casey should have been suspended is if he soccer kicked the rat's head after the slam.

Kids these days, they donít watch as much Pride as they used to.

Hopefully this will stop other kids from picking on him, but I have a feeling it won't.

Iím sure the school system will do as much as they can to make sure he never stands up for himself again. I hope his parents can counter that!

County Mike
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
If this were my kid and the little brat's mother called looking for an apology, I can guess the conversation would go something like this:

Punk's mom: Your son owes my little Richard an apology.
Me: You raised a little a..hole. You owe the world an apology.
Punk's mom: Casey had no right slamming my little snowflake. He could have been seriously injured.
Me: I've told Casey that if your little brat messes with him again, to pick him up and slam him on his head.
Punk's mom: That's outrageous!
Me: Tell your brat. "Don't start trouble, won't get trouble."
Punk's mom: You are.... (I hang up)

Spiritwalker
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
If this were my kid and the little brat's mother called looking for an apology, I can guess the conversation would go something like this:

Punk's mom: Your son owes my little Richard an apology.
Me: You raised a little a..hole. You owe the world an apology.
Punk's mom: Casey had no right slamming my little snowflake. He could have been seriously injured.
Me: I've told Casey that if your little brat messes with him again, to pick him up and slam him on his head.
Punk's mom: That's outrageous!
Me: Tell your brat. "Don't start trouble, won't get trouble."
Punk's mom: You are.... (I hang up)

Pretty much the same here...

When my son got in his "scuffle" last month.. we got a letter from the other kids parents asking for us to buy him a new shirt, since Garrett stretched the neck of their son's... I mailed them back the estimate for the new lens on my son's glasses.. and told them "pretty much"....when they pay for a lens.. I will buy a t-shirt.

Never heard anything back.. go figure...

all this stuff that people feel like they are "owed" really is beyond me..

rearnakedchoke
03-18-2011, 02:46 PM

i hated bullies growing up and always stood up for the guys getting bullied .. first day of highschool i almost got the hell pounded out of me by a grade 12 for sticking up for a kid getting punked ...
i told my son if he ever bullies anyone, he's gonna get a whoopin from me ... big time .. and to stick up for kids getting bullied ..

Twinsmama
03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I hate bullies too! It stinks that both kids got punished but i do understand it. If they didn't punish the kid that defended himself another kid being bullied could do something stupid and expect to not get punished.

I do tell my kids not to pick on anyone, avoid a situation if possible but if it's obvious that nothing will help the situation they will not be punished by me if they defend themselves or someone else by any means possible. it sounds silly to say any means possible but yesterday was 1 year since this girl (15)in the town south of me had been stomped in the head by a boy (13) wearing steel toed boots. at school. she can just now walk and feed herself. i can't imagine why no one tackled that kid or hit him with anything they could to stop him.

i hope that skinny bully leaves the bigger kid alone.

Miss Foxy
03-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I hate bullies too! It stinks that both kids got punished but i do understand it. If they didn't punish the kid that defended himself another kid being bullied could do something stupid and expect to not get punished.

I do tell my kids not to pick on anyone, avoid a situation if possible but if it's obvious that nothing will help the situation they will not be punished by me if they defend themselves or someone else by any means possible. it sounds silly to say any means possible but yesterday was 1 year since this girl (15)in the town south of me had been stomped in the head by a boy (13) wearing steel toed boots. at school. she can just now walk and feed herself. i can't imagine why no one tackled that kid or hit him with anything they could to stop him.

i hope that skinny bully leaves the bigger kid alone.
:sad: How awful!!

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah? That's the point!

If kid A is going to punk kid B for no reason and the school has one of those stupid zero tolerance polices that doesn't defend kid B, then kid B can either put up with it and get the hell beaten out of him, tell the school on kid A, get beat up more by kid A because of it, or kid B can beat the •••• out of kid A, and kid A will stop it. Zero tolerance policies are BS and favor bullies.

VCURamFan
03-18-2011, 07:40 PM
OK, so the world isn't completely nuts:

EDITOR'S NOTE: The Telegraph newspaper in Australia (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/entertainment/movies/australia.htm#r_src=ramp) apologized Friday, March 18, 2011, to the mother of a seventh-grade student whose son was body-slammed by a 10th grader after the younger boy repeatedly bullied and punched him. In correcting its reporting, The Telegraph said the mother, in fact, wants her son to apologize to his older victim. A revised version of the story appears below:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/18/correction-body-slammed-bullys-mom-wants-son-apologize-victim/#

rockdawg21
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
OK, so the world isn't completely nuts:
Oh my God! How could they mess it up THAT bad?

VCURamFan
03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh my God! How could they mess it up THAT bad?
I don't even know. It's like they were purposefully trolling the whole world! :laugh:

VCURamFan
03-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Rener & Rorion Gracie offer their opinions in this week's Gracie Breakdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HFLkCVnXU

Dethbob
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Why does Helio have a halo?

VCURamFan
03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Why does Helio have a halo?
'Cause he's special? :unsure-1: