rockdawg21
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow, he was too young!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=635826&GT1=28102
Rapper Nate Dogg dead at 41
March 16, 2011, 11:21 AM EST

By Carina Adly MacKenzie
Zap2it

Hip-hop rapper and singer Nate Dogg has passed away at age 41.

The West Coast artist had consistently struggled with serious health problems since a stroke paralyzed his left side in late December 2007. Nine months later, he suffered another stroke.

Toward the end of his life, Nate spent a considerable amount of time in medical rehab facilities undergoing physical therapy in an effort to get his mobility back.

Born Nathaniel D. Hale on August 19, 1969, in Long Beach, Calif., Nate began singing in the church where his father was a pastor.

He left home at 16, dropping out of high school to join the Marine Corps, where he served for three years. At 21, he hooked up with Snoop Dogg and Warren G in the rap trio 213.

Nate signed with Death Row Records in 1993. His first hit single, "Regulate," dropped in 1994.

Nate would go on to be featured on several Tupac Shakur records before signing with Elektra. The four-time Grammy nominee had his fair share of troubles, having been arrested on drug and weapons charges in 2002, but he will best be remembered for his contributions to and collaborations on over 40 hit singles between 1991 and 2011.

He died Tuesday, March 15 in his home town of Long Beach, Calif.

Miss Foxy
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
:sad:Oh heck no I didn't know that.. Sucks!! May he RIP.

rearnakedchoke
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
RIP Nate ... no one tore up a hook like you brah .. no one ...

Llamafighter
03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
wow 2 strokes at such a young age. RIP

hughesfan4life
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
:sad:r.i.p.x

Jonlion
03-17-2011, 07:26 AM
RIP Nate Dogg - great artist and seemingly universally liked

rearnakedchoke
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
RIP Nate Dogg - great artist and seemingly universally liked

except maybe dresta and BG KO ... LOL

Maldonado136
03-21-2011, 02:56 AM
He didn't need stupid auto tune.

Play The Man
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry but I can't abide this sentimentalism. I have pity for the man and his family. In some sense, I agree with Donne that "each man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in mankind"; however, make no mistake, this man was a vulgarian. He is no less morally culpable for his cultural pollution, than a chemical company CEO who authorizes the dumping of toxic sludge in our drinking water. We have gone from "I want to hold your hand" to "F**k you" in a generation and this thug with his "troubles" (i.e. "drugs and weapons charges") was part of the problem.

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry but I can't abide this sentimentalism. I have pity for the man and his family. In some sense, I agree with Donne that "each man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in mankind"; however, make no mistake, this man was a vulgarian. He is no less morally culpable for his cultural pollution, than a chemical company CEO who authorizes the dumping of toxic sludge in our drinking water. We have gone from "I want to hold your hand" to "F**k you" in a generation and this thug with his "troubles" (i.e. "drugs and weapons charges") was part of the problem.

then you coulda just stayed out of the thread ... lol

Chuck
03-31-2011, 09:16 PM

HUGE +1

flo
03-31-2011, 11:21 PM
then you coulda just stayed out of the thread ... lol

Why? The thread title just says "Dead at 41" not "Dead at 41, comment only if you loved the guy".

I couldn't agree more with what PTM said.

J.B.
04-01-2011, 12:13 AM

I'm not following...because he was a rapper that was busted with some weed and a gun he is as bad as somebody who pollutes the public's water supply? Nobody is saying the guy was a saint, but gimmie a break.

LOL, "I wanna hold your hand"? You are aware that the Beatles were drug addicts too, right? :laugh:

NateR
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM

"Cultural pollution" is an excellent word for it.

rockdawg21
04-01-2011, 02:12 AM
"Cultural pollution" is an excellent word for it.
Which also describes The Beatles as J.B. mentioned. :laugh:

Play The Man
04-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't want to dance on this man's grave and I have already gotten blowback about hijacking the thread so I think I will stop with what I have said already. Flo, Chuck and Nate seem to have understood the point. If you want to debate the merits of "Gangsta' rap" or the decline of music, perhaps we could start a new thread.

Bonnie
04-01-2011, 09:22 AM

I'm not following...because he was a rapper that was busted with some weed and a gun he is as bad as somebody who pollutes the public's water supply? Nobody is saying the guy was a saint, but gimmie a break.

LOL, "I wanna hold your hand"? You are aware that the Beatles were drug addicts too, right? :laugh:

I understand Play's point; you both state truths. To JB's point, I'm positive a lot of the older generation at the time felt the same way about the Beatles and that "vulgar" hip-swiveling-gyrating Elvis. :wink: I'm an Elvis fan by the way. :laugh: Think about Janis Joplin, the Woodstock generation, pop, rock, heavy metal...uh, yeah, drugs do come to mind, and I'm also positive "immorality"..."cultural pollution/decline" were attributed to them too. So in that way, rap isn't so different than what came before; in other ways, I think it's brought more negatives than positives for the black community. I totally agreed with what Bill Cosby was saying a few years ago and thought his point was proven by the disrespectful responses he received.

I don't care for all the explicit language, negative lyrics and often times negative messages especially in regards to women.

I don't know anything about Nate Dogg except what the article mentioned. It's a sad fact a lot of people die way too young because of the way they lived. :sad:

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't want to dance on this man's grave and I have already gotten blowback about hijacking the thread so I think I will stop with what I have said already. Flo, Chuck and Nate seem to have understood the point. If you want to debate the merits of "Gangsta' rap" or the decline of music, perhaps we could start a new thread.

don't worry about me and you highjacking the thread ... you have a right to say whatever you want .. nobody on here believes nate was a saint, but the thread was for stating he died and at a young age ... and for him to rest in peace ...

County Mike
04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

THUG LIFE!