PDA

View Full Version : Spare a thought

Ricky
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Could I ask you to spare a thought today for the grieving families of the two young soldiers murdered last night near my home, I'm angry that in a supposed "peace" and ceasefire that those young men lost their lives in my land just days before they were due to be deployed to Afghanistan.
Saddening and sickening ! :cry:

here's the story in full...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7930995.stm

Thankyou !

Jonlion
03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Could I ask you to spare a thought today for the grieving families of the two young soldiers murdered last night near my home, I'm angry that in a supposed "peace" and ceasefire that those young men lost their lives in my land just days before they were due to be deployed to Afghanistan.
Saddening and sickening ! :cry:

here's the story in full...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7930995.stm

Thankyou !

No worries, was sad reading about this. I do not understand it.

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 01:34 AM
:sad: yes I heard about what happened :cry:

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
I hope the act of a few doesn't put a halt on all the progress

Ricky
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys ! this act has sent shock waves through the communities again as we held the belief that the security services were on top of these minorities, unfortunately not ! these guys have been busy lately and a huge van bomb was left but failed to explode just last week. the scary thing about what happened isn't even the deaths of the two young soldiers, it was the ruthlessness of the gunmen, they fired around 40 shots at the soldiers and two pizza delivery men then ran over to where they lay and opened fire again, one of the soldiers, all unarmed by the way, dragged himself over the youngest pizza delivery guy to try and save him and paid the ultimate price for his gallantry. Sad.
There is a whole mixture of feelings in the community right now, some have fear, some praying the nightmare of murder doesn't start over again, there are those who are angry and want revenge but that would give the attackers what they want and derail a fragile peace process and thankfully the mainstream loyalist groups are well aware of this and for now will let the security forces try and bring these scum to justice.

Ricky
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
:cry: :sad: This is going down a slippery slope, they've struck again last night shooting dead a policeman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7935734.stm

Neezar
03-11-2009, 03:17 AM
:sad: That is horrible.

rockdawg21
03-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Yeah I heard about that in the news. Sad to hear it.

Crisco
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
It just reminds of how far of a walk with Christ I still have to go because I'm one of those angry people and I don't even live there... PErhaps I'd feel differently if I did...

It amazes me that people can let themselves fall so far from grace that they can pump rounds into a soldier even while he struggles to save a young mans life by putting himself in the line of fire.

I hope they get what they deserve.

Jonlion
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I fear how fragile peace is out there at the moment.

My thoughts are still there.