PDA

View Full Version : Rampage may not take title fight in May

matthughesfan21
03-08-2009, 07:35 AM
This is according to bloody elbow, based on an interview rampage did tonight

Rampage Jackson Unsure he Wants to Take Fight Against Rashad Evans in May

Tiny by Michael Rome on Mar 8, 2009 3:02 AM EST in News Comment 11 comments

Rampage_medium

Rampage Jackson was just on Steve Cofield's radio show. His rant on Ariel Helwani was amazing, but the big news was that he isn't sure he wants to take the fight with Rashad so quickly. He said he has a couple injuries he wants to take care of and he doesn't know if he wants to fight so soon.

They may have to go with GSP-Alves after all, or pay Quinton more to take this fight. He only had a 4 week or so training camp for this fight, and to go right back into training sounded like a demoralizing thought to him.

billwilliams70
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Interesting.

Later.

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Machida will have no problem fighting Evans.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Or they could replace that fight with Forrest/Lyoto....

logrus
03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
He shouldn't take this fight, the dude just fought and now they want him to jump right back into preparing for a title fight. Lame

ufcfan2
03-08-2009, 05:38 PM
If he does or not I'm not sure,but according to UFC.com its scheduled for UFC 98 as main event.

Max
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I agree. IMO the UFC should just make Evans vs Machida the main event. Rampage can fight the winner of that fight.

lc87
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I bet danas gonna be a mad little hobbit if rampage tells him no.

TheConcretekid
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM
If Rampage is not willing and/or able to fight in UFC 98 in May against Rashad then Lyoto will get the title shot, according to Dana in his newest vlog. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWCJIvevyU)

Llamafighter
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
If Rampage is not willing and/or able to fight in UFC 98 in May against Rashad then Lyoto will get the title shot, according to Dana in his newest vlog. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWCJIvevyU)

Talk about putting him on the spot...
I want ot see Rampage knock Evans out!

logrus
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Well they are promoting Evan vs Rampage for May anyways. I think its a little premature for Rampage to just jump right back into training for a premature bought. Lets set up Penn vs Kenflo, or Gsp vs Alvin. I could even see Evans vs MAchida

Thats my opinion anyways

Jonlion
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Well they are promoting Evan vs Rampage for May anyways. I think its a little premature for Rampage to just jump right back into training for a premature bought. Lets set up Penn vs Kenflo, or Gsp vs Alvin. I could even see Evans vs MAchida

Thats my opinion anyways

Yeah agree on that. I think they know its a bankable fight whilst Lyoto is not a preferred champion or main event so this is the one they want.

But yeah why not Rashad V Lyoto, with jackson to fight the Winner

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 01:02 AM

Forrest doesn't want that :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 01:04 AM

and the new UFC LHW Champion of the world, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machidaaaaa!

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 01:19 AM
:blink: well whats wrong with Quinton? what exactly has he injured....dont tell me he's Skeeeeeeeerd :laugh: :laugh:

Chuck
03-09-2009, 05:29 AM
:blink: well whats wrong with Quinton? what exactly has he injured....dont tell me he's Skeeeeeeeerd :laugh: :laugh:

I'm guessing more like tired Dave...

I know I would be!!

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm guessing more like tired Dave...

I know I would be!!
:laugh: I'm not sure Quinton actually gets tiered...have you ever seen him dancing :huh: he's so funny :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM

I think training over in your homeland is taking a bit of a toll on Rampage. I think he should hold off and get rested before taking a shot at Rashad. ithink he knows that his best chance to get the belt back is now, before Machida gets his hands on it. Then it's going to be locked up for a while.

billwilliams70
03-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah agree on that. I think they know its a bankable fight whilst Lyoto is not a preferred champion or main event so this is the one they want.

But yeah why not Rashad V Lyoto, with jackson to fight the Winner
That's actually not a bad idea......that way Rampage is still guaranteed his shot @ the title.

Later.

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I think training over in your homeland is taking a bit of a toll on Rampage.
We do tend to work them extremely hard over here :laugh:

He's got energy to spare more often then not. I've watched him dance at Cage Gladiator events...to the music :rolleyes:

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
In dana's vlog for ufc 96, quinton when given the initial offer for the fight, he did say he wanted to rest, but he also mentioned a problem with his jaw that he has had since the final week of training leading up to the wanderlei fight

CAVEMAN
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM

And will become the next LHW Champion!:)

Maldonado136
03-09-2009, 05:00 PM

forrest is still healing from his broken hand although lyoto would beat him broken hand or not.

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
And will become the next LHW Champion!:)
yes

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 10:45 PM
yes
No :frantics: