PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we're going to Tennessee!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Since its been two years or better since we've been to a Tournament, or anything like a Family trip. I'm using the last of my Tax check to take the boys to the Judo Tournament in Spring hill Tennessee. The oldest had to kick it in gear to bring his grades up and the youngest had to relearn his breakfalls. But they gotter done!

Spiritwalker
03-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Since its been two years or better since we've been to a Tournament, or anything like a Family trip. I'm using the last of my Tax check to take the boys to the Judo Tournament in Spring hill Tennessee. The oldest had to kick it in gear to bring his grades up and the youngest had to relearn his breakfalls. But they gotter done!

Good Luck!!!!

TexasRN
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Cool. Have a great trip!

~Amy

cubsfan47
03-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Good luck on the trip.
I have one planned for today, but it's not lengthy. I am going downtown to watch the weigh-ins for the Bellator tourney. If I am lucky, I may get to meet the ghost of Elvis who allegedly haunts the venue.:laugh:

3dlee
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey there KENTUCKY, where you from in KY? I live in Franklin, which is right on the KY/TN border. Id like to meet up with you/ tennessean some time to watch the fights.

Twinsmama
03-11-2011, 09:09 PM
wwwoooooowwww!!!!! hope you guys have fun. it's great your kids worked hard and they are getting rewarded!!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I live in Owen County! Maybe sometime we can work something out. We just got back. Our sixteen yo got first place by beating the only other boy in his division 2 out of three times! Our 12 yo didn't have much luck. After they called a penalty on him for pulling down not up on Kushie he lost all confidence. By the way mapquest is crazy when they said it was only a 4 and half hour drive. It took us way longer than that.

flo
03-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Way to go, Kentucky. Having the kids work to earn the trip was a wise move, your kids will thank you for it! Wish more parents did the same. Have fun!!

flo
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Oopsie! I need to read ALL the posts before I type mine. I see you all did have fun. :)

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey there KENTUCKY, where you from in KY? I live in Franklin, which is right on the KY/TN border. Id like to meet up with you/ tennessean some time to watch the fights.

I believe we went through their on 65! From what little I seen it looked like a big city to me!:ninja:

3dlee
03-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Franklin a big city? We have a bout 9000 ppl lol

Neezar
03-15-2011, 03:10 AM
We have friends in Thompson's Station. Love it up there!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Franklin a big city? We have a bout 9000 ppl lol

Town I live in!
http://www.city-data.com/city/Owenton-Kentucky.html

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-15-2011, 07:18 AM
We have friends in Thompson's Station. Love it up there!

Might have to look it up! I was told today that sometimes our club goes to University of Tennessee in the fall for another Tournament! Hopefully we can save up Money for that one to. Sometime next month is when our club plans on holding ours. Its called the Rebel invitational! The local school is called the Owen County Rebels. At least with it I won't have to worry about a hotel room and as much gas. We ain't sure what their gonna do yet with the Kentucky state Championship. Oh and the Rebel invitational is whats called open. Meaning out of state residents that meet the requirements can compete to!