PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers UFC 96

Preach
03-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson
Round 1
Riley comes out kicking. Nelson catches one kick, but Riley gets his leg back. Riley stalking forward. He kicks, and Nelson counters with a right hand that drops Riley. Riley recovers quickly, but the fight is stopped. Riley immediately protests, and the crowd boos what looks to have been a very premature stoppage at 1:44.

Preach
03-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Brandon Vera vs. Michael Patt
Round 1
Vera chops away with a low kick before launching a flurry of punches to open the bout. Another good leg kick exclamates a one-two. Vera, in a southpaw stance, lands a head kick that is partially blocked. Vera drops Patt with a hard leg kick then let's him back up. Vera picking Patt apart with just about everything he throws. He finishes another combo with another vicious leg kick. Brandon Vera takes the early lead 10-9.

Round 2
Patt tries to mount some offense to begin the second but Vera easily avoids his strikes. Vera then lands another buckling leg kick that leaves Patt teetering before he finishes the job with a follow up kick to Patt's left leg. Patt struggles to make it back to his feet when Vera refused to follow him down to the mat. Once he rose it was academic. Vera sealed the victory with another kick to Patt's lead leg, one he could not get back up from. Yves Lavigne halted the bout at 1:27 of the second round giving Vera the much needed win.

WOOOOHHHHOOOOO VERA in da house:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

Preach
03-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
Round 1
Boetsch attacks with uppercuts right off the bat while Brilz covers up. Brilz tries for a takedown but isn't close. He wants he fight on the ground and does get Boetsch down, but Boetsch gets up quickly. On the feet, Boetsch looks more comfortable throwing various strikes. Brilz is flat-footed. Boetsch jabbing and following with big uppercuts when Brilz covers up. 10-9 Boetsch.

Round 2
Brilz gets the fight where he needs it -- on the ground. He takes side control and works short elbows to the face and knees to the body. Boetsch tries to roll out, but Brilz controls him well. Brilz is still on top, punching to the body. He tries a guillotine with the arm in, but Boetsch escapes and gets to his feet. 10-9 Brilz.

Round 3
Brilz closes the distance again to start the round, but he can't get a takedown. Still the threat of a takedown has slowed Boetsch's striking. Brilz shoots again and a scramble ensues. Brilz wins the scramble and goes to Boetsch's back. He doesn't mount much offense, but he's in control. Boetsch breaks away, but he's tired and Brilz nullifies the standup by grabbing a single-leg for another takedown. Brilz moves to side mount and mount, where he punches and cuts Boetsch for a strong finish. 10-9 Brilz. Official scores: 29-28 three times for Brilz.

Wow :mellow:

Preach
03-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
Round 1
Day rushes out and attacks backing Grove up. Grove throws a wayward head kick. Day continues to mount the attack right up until he eats a straight right hand on the back end of a one-two. Day cascaded backwards on the mat where Grove followed with elbows until Referee Rick Fike came to a stiff Day's rescue at 1:32 of the opening frame.

Preach
03-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
Round 1
McCrory throws a high kick. Madigan blocks it, but McCrory scoops up a leg. Madigan tries to stay on his feet, but McCrory trips him down. On he ground, McCrory passes to side control. Madigan gets guard back. McCrory postures up and lands a right. McCrory passes again and goes to mount, clearly superior on the mat. McCrory attempts to lock up a triangle from mount. It doesn't work, but he begins pounding on Madigan until referee Yves Lavigne stops it at 3:35.

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 04:01 AM
BOO!

Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
Round 1
Day rushes out and attacks backing Grove up. Grove throws a wayward head kick. Day continues to mount the attack right up until he eats a straight right hand on the back end of a one-two. Day cascaded backwards on the mat where Grove followed with elbows until Referee Rick Fike came to a stiff Day's rescue at 1:32 of the opening frame.

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Matt Hamill is doing GREAT w/2:00 left in the first!

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

No WAY did I see that coming!!!!

Hamill get's the head kick KTFO!!!!!

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 04:52 AM
He is ecstatic!!!

GREAT WIN!!!!

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 04:58 AM
I wonder if the other guy woke up yet?:w00t:

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Hell of a knockout. Btw, who called Rashad at UFC 98? :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Wasnt me :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Matt Brown STOMPS Pete Sell!!!!!

So much for the Serra BB......

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:07 AM
That fight NEEDED to be stop :scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Awe that brought a tear to me eyes :cry:

TheConcretekid
03-08-2009, 05:13 AM
That was the weirdest stopage ever. The ref pulled him off, and then told him to continue (I guess he thought Sell was good to fight) Then when Sell is out of his feet and eating fists and shins (definitely not 'intelligently defending' himself) he doesn't stop it.

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:16 AM
These fights are going fast tonight with all these one rounders.

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:18 AM
The big uns are comin'! :w00t:

lc87
03-08-2009, 05:21 AM
They might be able to get all of the fights in. Hasn't there only been 2 dec? The botchec brilz and maynerd miller? So how nice was the hammil ko? Were too poor to buy this one

cheachea
03-08-2009, 05:26 AM
WAR HAMILL :punch:

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Yves was putting sell in unnecessary danger. When you have a fighter look at you & say "Please stop it, I don't want to hurt him anymore", then you're doing a craptastic job.

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 05:29 AM
HOLY BUSTED JAW-BONE, BATMAN!

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Ben Tamdan looks like you! :w00t:

lc87
03-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Carwin with the tko victory

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:44 AM
WAR RAMPAGE! IT's ABOUT TO START! :w00t:

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Ben Tamdan looks like you! :w00t:I can handle that. I guess I look like a bad-@$$!!!

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Hey I'm scared! :scared0011:
I can handle that. I guess I look like a bad-@$$!!!

Josh
03-08-2009, 05:47 AM
I wonder if anyone who doubted Carwin's abilities think he is better now. I still think he has one of the best chances at taking out Lesnar.

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Rampage better win! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 05:55 AM
I forgot about the 20 minute intro :blink:

TheConcretekid
03-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Rampage vs Rashad UFC 98!!

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 06:18 AM
I get to see Rashad/Rampage!!!!

MattHughesRocks
03-08-2009, 06:18 AM
That was a little anti climatic but Rampage pulled it off! :w00t:

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 06:19 AM
2 me thats way much better than watching Lesnar/Mir!!! Uh huh oh yeah VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 06:21 AM
What a boring main event..

and they could have shut down that "trash talk" between Rashad and 'Page at about 30 seconds....

TheConcretekid
03-08-2009, 06:21 AM
HAHAHA
Reason number 37 why I love Rampage

"There gonna be some more black on black violence"

matthughesfan21
03-08-2009, 06:23 AM
that last knockdown sealed the deal, Jardine put up a pretty good fight though...rooting for rampage, can't stand Rashad

lc87
03-08-2009, 06:31 AM
im not really big fans of either of them but if jardine gave him that good of a fight. Although I did not see the fight but from what I've read it didn't sound all that impressive. just think what a more athletic faster rashad may do to page. I think rashad may take it after hearing the pbp.

Jason 16
03-08-2009, 06:32 AM
that last knockdown sealed the deal, Jardine put up a pretty good fight though...rooting for rampage, can't stand Rashad

most of the time I cant eather but I kinda hope rashad beats rampage

matthughesfan21
03-08-2009, 06:37 AM
most of the time I cant eather but I kinda hope rashad beats rampage
no, no way am i thinking that...even in that cheesy staredown, rampage was just saying he's getting that belt back, rashad was cussing and doing a lot more trash talking, just turns me off from him even more if thats even possible

Jason 16
03-08-2009, 06:50 AM
no, no way am i thinking that...even in that cheesy staredown, rampage was just saying he's getting that belt back, rashad was cussing and doing a lot more trash talking, just turns me off from him even more if thats even possible

I just hate both.

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Wow... wtf.

Hammill threw a nasty kick. Great form, just did damage.
See them bring in the stretcher for that guy? ouch..

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Lyoto beats anyone at 205 so it doesn't matter who wins the Rampage/Evans fight.

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Lyoto beats anyone at 205 so it doesn't matter who wins the Rampage/Evans fight.

lol yeah, but they keep screwing him and not giving him a shot, sooner or later he is going to be 10 - 0 in the UFC and no title shot.

StizzoFoShizzo
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I second that !! Here here !

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
they'll probably make him fight 1 more time before he gets Evans or Rampage.

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 08:27 AM
they'll probably make him fight 1 more time before he gets Evans or Rampage.

I really think its because he doesn't have a huge fan base,
of course, he is gaining more and more fans, but he doesn't seem to get the love guys like Rampage do, and I don't know why.

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 08:28 AM

or they hope he'll lose and not get a title shot. or as Alves says, "shytle tot"

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 08:34 AM
or they hope he'll lose and not get a title shot. or as Alves says, "shytle tot"

haha yeah.

I don't really see him losing, so I feel like eventually they have to give him one.
If he starts bringing the fight like he did last time, he will blow up

matthughesfan21
03-08-2009, 08:36 AM
of course, he is gaining more and more fans, but he doesn't seem to get the love guys like Rampage do, and I don't know why.alot of casual fans can't appreciate his style, they don't understand really how amazing it is to really not get hit at all, he's so elusive, people see him as boring, but imo thats the farthest thing from the truth

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 08:42 AM
haha yeah.

I don't really see him losing, so I feel like eventually they have to give him one.
If he starts bringing the fight like he did last time, he will blow up

he's gonna start overflowing Shotokan Karate schools once he wins the title. everyone will want to be like Lyoto.

bj44
03-08-2009, 11:45 AM
lyoto hasnt beaten anyone except tito. He needs another big win anyway, throw him in there with forrest then a title shot

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
alot of casual fans can't appreciate his style, they don't understand really how amazing it is to really not get hit at all, he's so elusive, people see him as boring, but imo thats the farthest thing from the truth

I don't think it has anything to do with casual/hardcore fans.

For me, this is a sport, and part of it is being exiting.
In team sports fans want big plays, that doesn't make them casual fans,
in combat sports, people want action.

I feel like most Karate is better for real life situations, where the idea is to get away 99 percent of the time.
That's fine and dandy, but in the sport, you must please the fans,
or you'll end up like... well, Machida. Or Tim Sylvia, etc...

(I am not comparing them style wise, or technique wise,
but they are both guys with respectable wins and style that don't get much love from the fans)

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I did REALLY well on my picks this time!!! I hope ive beaten Shamburger on Kyle Watson Forum :laugh:

I heard that Aaron Riley lost but it might have been a bad stoppage. I've not seen any of the fights yet, Hoping to catch the re-run tonight. other then that I got Vera, Brilz, McCrory, Hamill, Brown, Carwin and Jackson (lost Riley but that might be a fault, lost Miller...still suprised at that, Lost Grove, kinda missjudged him a bit I think)

:ninja: I was busy in Liverpool with Cage Gladiators :laugh:

County Mike
03-08-2009, 04:31 PM
alot of casual fans can't appreciate his style, they don't understand really how amazing it is to really not get hit at all, he's so elusive, people see him as boring, but imo thats the farthest thing from the truth

I guess I'm a casual fan then. Except for his last fight, he's been boring to me. I don't care how great he is at avoiding strikes while landing one or two at a time of his own. I want action and I want it now!

Jonlion
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I haven't watched the fight yet but i have eternal confidence in Rampage, i still perhaps misguidly believe he is the Best LHW in the UFC and will get the title back.

Him and Rashad should be an awesome fight, noth neutralise eachother well and both have quick hands and KO power.

So it will probably be a 5 Round split decision but certainly one to get excited for!

bradwright
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I did REALLY well on my picks this time!!! I hope ive beaten Shamburger on Kyle Watson Forum :laugh:

I heard that Aaron Riley lost but it might have been a bad stoppage. I've not seen any of the fights yet, Hoping to catch the re-run tonight. other then that I got Vera, Brilz, McCrory, Hamill, Brown, Carwin and Jackson (lost Riley but that might be a fault, lost Miller...still suprised at that, Lost Grove, kinda missjudged him a bit I think)

:ninja: I was busy in Liverpool with Cage Gladiators :laugh:

i did pretty well with my picks too Dave,:)

I GOT THEM ALL RIGHT:tongue0011: ,i'm sure i posted my pre fight picks around here some where,
no really i did,i wouldn't be surprised if some Mod deleted them though,
you know how 1 or 2 people get jealous here some times,okay 1 person (Dave)gets jealous,
it seems my predictions have some how vanished ,oh well,i guess you will just have to take my word for it.

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Yves was putting sell in unnecessary danger. When you have a fighter look at you & say "Please stop it, I don't want to hurt him anymore", then you're doing a craptastic job.

oh but when BJ does that its bull**** right? lol

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
oh but when BJ does that its bull**** right? lolUmmm...I've never said that, so I dunno what you're driving at.:unsure-1:

atomdanger
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Did anybody else think Jardine gassed?

Looked horrible half way through the second round and he looked even worse in the third.
His hands were literally flat at his sides the whole third round and he even put them on his hips and bent over to breathe a couple times.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I guess I'm a casual fan then. Except for his last fight, he's been boring to me. I don't care how great he is at avoiding strikes while landing one or two at a time of his own. I want action and I want it now!

:ninja: That's what SHE said...:ninja:

bradwright
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Looked horrible half way through the second round and he looked even worse in the third.
His hands were literally flat at his sides the whole third round and he even put them on his hips and bent over to breathe a couple times.
thats what happens when someones punching you in the head all night,,

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
lyoto hasnt beaten anyone except tito. He needs another big win anyway, throw him in there with forrest then a title shot

huh?

Thiago Silva!
Sokoudjou!
Vernon White
Baby J. Penn!!!!
Michael McDonald
Rich Franklin!!!!
Stephan Bonnar

All lost to Lyoto... those guys aren't "anybody"?

Spiritwalker
03-08-2009, 06:58 PM

They both looked like they were in a ten round fight...

Not impressed with either...

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
i did pretty well with my picks too Dave,:)

I GOT THEM ALL RIGHT:tongue0011: ,i'm sure i posted my pre fight picks around here some where,
no really i did,i wouldn't be surprised if some Mod deleted them though,
you know how 1 or 2 people get jealous here some times,okay 1 person (Dave)gets jealous,
it seems my predictions have some how vanished ,oh well,i guess you will just have to take my word for it.
:laugh: I doubt I would ever be jealous of you Bradwright :laugh:

bradwright
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
:laugh: I doubt I would ever be jealous of you Bradwright :laugh:
now thats just mean,:angry:
someday you and i will meet,i can hardly wait:ninja:

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
now thats just mean,:angry:
someday you and i will meet,i can hardly wait:ninja:
:laugh: when that day comes, it will be ye who is jealous :ninja:

bradwright
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
:laugh: when that day comes, it will be ye who is jealous :ninja:
:laugh:

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
you wont be laughing neither :tongue0011:

I'll get the last laugh :rolleyes:

bradwright
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM

:laugh: your a funny guy Dave,

Max
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
im not really big fans of either of them but if jardine gave him that good of a fight. Although I did not see the fight but from what I've read it didn't sound all that impressive. just think what a more athletic faster rashad may do to page. I think rashad may take it after hearing the pbp.
gotta love that MMA math at work.....

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
:laugh: your a funny guy Dave,
sometimes I even crack myself up :laugh:

lc87
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
gotta love that MMA math at work.....

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

rockdawg21
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
It sucks, I was having problems with my HD-DVR yesterday but went ahead and recorded the fight. During the fight after the Carwin/Gonzaga fight, it froze, never to return again. I've got the receiver working now, but the DVR won't work. DirecTV is coming tomorrow to "service" me (exchange the box) and they refunded my PPV purchase. Good peeps at DirecTV.

For those, like me, who didn't get to see the fight, the torrent downloads are located here:
http://www.bestmmatorrents.com/cat/UFC

bj44
03-08-2009, 10:32 PM
huh?

Thiago Silva!
Sokoudjou!
Vernon White
Baby J. Penn!!!!
Michael McDonald
Rich Franklin!!!!
Stephan Bonnar

All lost to Lyoto... those guys aren't "anybody"?
none of them are contenders though

how is beating a lw relevent in you getting a lhw title shot?

Neezar
03-08-2009, 11:09 PM

And maybe even at your front door. :ninja:

bradwright
03-08-2009, 11:17 PM

is that suppose to make some sort of sense?:rolleyes:

Llamafighter
03-08-2009, 11:19 PM
none of them are contenders though

how is beating a lw relevent in you getting a lhw title shot?

How is losing to Mir and beating Heath Herring relevent to Lesnar getting a title shot?

The fact of the matter is that Lyoto has beaten everyone they've put in front of him. Now it's time to see if he can beat the champ. plain and simple

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 11:23 PM

becareful what you wish for Denise....oh wait...I was invited :mellow:

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
okay, very impressed with Maynard. I didnt predict he would win...but it was the way he avoided the take-down for about three mins in the first round :laugh:

dont understand why the crowd is booing in the second :blink: Miller needs to be a little more aware of his kicks...you aim for the legs NOT the cup :angry:

matthughesfan21
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
okay, very impressed with Maynard. I didnt predict he would win...but it was the way he avoided the take-down for about three mins in the first round :laugh:

dont understand why the crowd is booing in the second :blink: Miller needs to be a little more aware of his kicks...you aim for the legs NOT the cup :angry:maynard was sort of crouching down(dropping levels) when that kick was thrown, he wasn't aiming for the cup

Tyburn
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I think Matt Hamill just actually killed Munoz...last time I saw something like that it was the end of crocop :blink:

Neezar
03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I think Matt Hamill just actually killed Munoz...last time I saw something like that it was the end of crocop :blink:

Are you watching the fights right now?

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
he walks out under his own power, but up until the post fight interview with hamill, munoz was still unconscious and they were about ready to spine board him

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Pete Sell got smushed :laugh:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Are you watching the fights right now?
:) yes...amoungst posting here and loading videos and photos and trying to write a report for mmahitpit and...:mellow:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:14 AM
maynard was sort of crouching down(dropping levels) when that kick was thrown, he wasn't aiming for the cup
Joe Rogan...is that you :ninja:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Kendall Grove reminds me of Mayhem Miller a little bit...they both seem a bit...confused

Do you agree Bradwright :huh: :laugh:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I think Tamdan McCrory is absolutely fantastic :w00t:

...and Carwin...well Gonzaga just got caught I think...having said that Gonzaga started off great and Carwin shoed heart I suppose in not being finished when the fight went to the ground :)

bradwright
03-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Kendall Grove reminds me of Mayhem Miller a little bit...they both seem a bit...confused

Do you agree Bradwright :huh: :laugh:
yes Dave,,i concur,

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
yes Dave,,i concur,
:) I'm so glad you agree :)

bradwright
03-09-2009, 12:47 AM
:) I'm so glad you agree :)
why didn't you watch the fights last night Dave?
or i guess early this morning in your case?

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
why didn't you watch the fights last night Dave?
or i guess early this morning in your case?
:) once every two months I get an invitation from one of my friends, called Emile, who lives in a City called Liverpool on the West Coast...sorta just above where Wales joins England on a map. Emile co-owns an MMA Promotion called "Cage Gladiators" I have a free pass to all events, including backstage pass, and in return I write a report freelance for MMAHitPit dot com...its a relationship thats nearly a year old now!

His event is based VERY close to TWO verrrra big teams. A National Team thats based less then 20mins walking, called "The Next Generation" and they have a guy called Paul Sass. He's remarkable...and he will end up in the UFC if he keeps performing as he has...he has something like 7-0 record...and ive never seen anyone fight like him before! He's also a REALLY nice guy...actually..kinda shy. He was in the main event and won.

The other big Camp is international. Its called "The Wolfslair" and its based at a place called Widness, which is half way between Liverpool and Warrington. You might have heard of it because its where Michael Bisping comes from, its also where Cheick Kongo and Quinton Jackson are based at present. Mike Dolce was also training there last month so I understand. So I meet them at the event...for obvious reasons, none of them attended last night :laugh: Jackson was busy fighting in the main event for the UFC at the same time as the Cage Gladiator event :rolleyes:

So...Obviously I was in Liverpool and when I got back, my Hotel didnt have Setanta Sports...sooo I couldnt see it until...now :)

bradwright
03-09-2009, 01:07 AM
:) once every two months I get an invitation from one of my friends, called Emile, who lives in a City called Liverpool on the West Coast...sorta just above where Wales joins England on a map. Emile co-owns an MMA Promotion called "Cage Gladiators" I have a free pass to all events, including backstage pass, and in return I write a report freelance for MMAHitPit dot com...its a relationship thats nearly a year old now!

His event is based VERY close to TWO verrrra big teams. A National Team thats based less then 20mins walking, called "The Next Generation" and they have a guy called Paul Sass. He's remarkable...and he will end up in the UFC if he keeps performing as he has...he has something like 7-0 record...and ive never seen anyone fight like him before! He's also a REALLY nice guy...actually..kinda shy. He was in the main event and won.

The other big Camp is international. Its called "The Wolfslair" and its based at a place called Widness, which is half way between Liverpool and Warrington. You might have heard of it because its where Michael Bisping comes from, its also where Cheick Kongo and Quinton Jackson are based at present. Mike Dolce was also training there last month so I understand. So I meet them at the event...for obvious reasons, none of them attended last night :laugh: Jackson was busy fighting in the main event for the UFC at the same time as the Cage Gladiator event :rolleyes:

So...Obviously I was in Liverpool and when I got back, my Hotel didnt have Setanta Sports...sooo I couldnt see it until...now :)
hey,thats sounds like a pretty good gig you have there,,

bj44
03-09-2009, 01:11 AM
How is losing to Mir and beating Heath Herring relevent to Lesnar getting a title shot?

The fact of the matter is that Lyoto has beaten everyone they've put in front of him. Now it's time to see if he can beat the champ. plain and simple
1. Lyoto is nowhere near as marketable as lesnar

2. The lhw division is alot more stacked with top fighters than the hw division

next

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
hey,thats sounds like a pretty good gig you have there,,
:w00t: it is :w00t:

matthughesfan21
03-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Pete Sell got smushed :laugh:
When is he going to get cut? It is needed, he is 2-5 in the UFC, free up some space for winners, who don't train with Serra:laugh:

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 02:23 AM
When is he going to get cut? It is needed, he is 2-5 in the UFC, free up some space for winners, who don't train with Serra:laugh:
Bravo!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Lyoto is ranked #3 at LHW and will fight Evans next for the title, if Rampage doesn't think he can, or Lyoto will get the winner of Rampage/Evans. either way, he's finally earned his shot and will win the title from either guy.

jignpig
03-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Lyoto is ranked #3 at LHW and will fight Evans next for the title, if Rampage doesn't think he can, or Lyoto will get the winner of Rampage/Evans. either way, he's finally earned his shot and will win the title from either guy.
i agree! either one, machida will win.

CAVEMAN
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM

No kidding! Pete Sell needs to hang it up!

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM

At least Cro Cop walked out of the cage.

atomdanger
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
he walks out under his own power, but up until the post fight interview with hamill, munoz was still unconscious and they were about ready to spine board him

Oh did he actually walk out???

I saw them bring in the board.

StizzoFoShizzo
03-10-2009, 04:54 AM
jardine would embarass machida ! He's a superstar !

matthughesfan21
03-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Oh did he actually walk out???

I saw them bring in the board.
it said on the mmajunkie or sherdog pbp(not sure which) that they put the neckbrace on him and he walked out under his own power

atomdanger
03-10-2009, 06:11 AM
it said on the mmajunkie or sherdog pbp(not sure which) that they put the neckbrace on him and he walked out under his own power

Wow I was genuinely worried for a minute about that guy