PDA

View Full Version : Matt Lindland and The Pot Plants!

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Matt Lindland was slapped with his second court case against him in the past month last week when plaintiff Gonzalo Aldana Gamboa filed suit in Multnomah County Circuit Court in Oregon Thursday, claiming that the former UFC fighter stole six mature marijuana plants from him. According to the report from wweek.com, The suit alleges that Lindland agreed last year to allow Gamboa – a prescribed medical marijuana user — grow a small registered crop of plants on a section of his Eagle Creek property.

Gamboa says that he took out a grow permit for the site with the state of Oregon and harvested six mature plants last October. Lindland apparently helped load the plants into a rented U-Haul truck and convinced Gamboa to store them in one of his his sheds to dry. When Gamboa returned a month later to pick up his crop, “The Law” refused him entry to the shed.

He is seeking $122,880 in renumeration for the plants, but the case could get tricky considering that the value of the pot is unknown considering it was not weighed and it was never meant to be sold.

“There is an economic value,” Gamboa’s lawyer William Macke says. “I think it could be argued that that’s what it’s worth. [coming up with a true dollar figure indicative of Gaamboa's losses] may be a little bit of a long shot, legally.”

Dan Henderson filed a lawsuit against Lindland in February, alleging that his former Team Quest teammate has no claim to the TQ brand or name. The suit states that because Lindland joined the team after it was established by Henderson and Randy Couture. Couture relinquished his rights to the Team Quest brand to Henderson when he left the gym to open up Legends in Los Angeles with Bas Rutten before establishing Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas.

:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Matt Lindland was slapped with his second court case against him in the past month last week when plaintiff Gonzalo Aldana Gamboa filed suit in Multnomah County Circuit Court in Oregon Thursday, claiming that the former UFC fighter stole six mature marijuana plants from him. According to the report from wweek.com, The suit alleges that Lindland agreed last year to allow Gamboa – a prescribed medical marijuana user — grow a small registered crop of plants on a section of his Eagle Creek property.

Gamboa says that he took out a grow permit for the site with the state of Oregon and harvested six mature plants last October. Lindland apparently helped load the plants into a rented U-Haul truck and convinced Gamboa to store them in one of his his sheds to dry. When Gamboa returned a month later to pick up his crop, “The Law” refused him entry to the shed.

He is seeking $122,880 in renumeration for the plants, but the case could get tricky considering that the value of the pot is unknown considering it was not weighed and it was never meant to be sold.

“There is an economic value,” Gamboa’s lawyer William Macke says. “I think it could be argued that that’s what it’s worth. [coming up with a true dollar figure indicative of Gaamboa's losses] may be a little bit of a long shot, legally.”

Dan Henderson filed a lawsuit against Lindland in February, alleging that his former Team Quest teammate has no claim to the TQ brand or name. The suit states that because Lindland joined the team after it was established by Henderson and Randy Couture. Couture relinquished his rights to the Team Quest brand to Henderson when he left the gym to open up Legends in Los Angeles with Bas Rutten before establishing Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas.

lindland sounds like a real tool .. no wonder dana doesn't have him in the ufc anymore ...

JavierDLC
03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
lindland sounds like a real tool .. no wonder dana doesn't have him in the ufc anymore ...

That and the fact that he gets knocked out COLD in every fight. :dizzy:

flo
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Hmmm, Lindland has "issues"...

matt hughes
03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Hmmm, Lindland has "issues"...

very well said.

flo
03-09-2011, 10:21 PM
:w00t:

:wub:

rearnakedchoke
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
:w00t:

:wub:

LOL ... i'd a done the same ... haha

Tyburn
03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
very well said.

:laugh: Expensive "Issues" at that :laugh:

J.B.
03-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Six plants couldn't possibly yield $122,000 in weed, and if they actually needed a U-Haul truck, then it was probably a lot more than six plants.

Oregon law says this...

State law currently allows for four plants in the vegetative stage and three plants in the budding/flowering stage, for a total of seven plants. Each plant may have one ounce of "usable marijuana". The Oregon Administrative Rules state: "Usable marijuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the plant Cannabis family Moraceae, and any mixture or preparation thereof, that are appropriate for medical use. "Usable marijuana" does not include the seeds, stalks and roots of the plant.

So, if things were really on the up and up legally (which is doubtful), he couldn't have had more than 7 ounces of pot, which isn't even a half a pound. Even at the highest of street values it wouldn't be more than $5000 worth of weed. Then if you were to add in the lost money in costs for what it took to actually grow it, it still probably wouldn't even break 10 grand.

Sounds like this guy harvested a lot more than he was supposed to and "The Law" ripped him off. It reminds me of the episode of Cops where the crack-head calls the police because her dealer just ripped her off...:rolleyes: Best part is when the cops ask the "dealer" if it's true, she responds by saying "I don't sell drugs, I'm a prostitute". :laugh:

Chuck
03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Six plants couldn't possibly yield $122,000 in weed, and if they actually needed a U-Haul truck, then it was probably a lot more than six plants.

So, if things were really on the up and up legally (which is doubtful), he couldn't have had more than 7 ounces of pot, which isn't even a half a pound. Even at the highest of street values it wouldn't be more than $5000 worth of weed. Then if you were to add in the lost money in costs for what it took to actually grow it, it still probably wouldn't even break 10 grand.

Sounds like this guy harvested a lot more than he was supposed to and "The Law" ripped him off. It reminds me of the episode of Cops where the crack-head calls the police because her dealer just ripped her off...:rolleyes: Best part is when the cops ask the "dealer" if it's true, she responds by saying "I don't sell drugs, I'm a prostitute". :laugh:

Cite your source............ :D

:tongue0011:

VCURamFan
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Me :ashamed: :ninja:

J.B.
03-10-2011, 08:36 PM

These guys told me

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/assets/images/photoGallery/kimbo-slice-and-nick-diaz.JPG

Miss Foxy
03-10-2011, 08:37 PM
These guys told me

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/assets/images/photoGallery/kimbo-slice-and-nick-diaz.JPG

lmao!!

CAVEMAN
03-10-2011, 08:46 PM
The title of this thread would be a good name for a band:laugh:................nah, maybe not!

J.B.
03-10-2011, 08:49 PM
The title of this thread would be a good name for a band:laugh:................nah, maybe not!

I could imagine the Team Quest guys starting a band...

Linland on drums...

Couture on guitar...

Hendo on bass....

and of course, Sonnen on lead vocals

CAVEMAN
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Linland on drums...

Couture on guitar...

Hendo on bass....

and of course, Sonnen on lead vocals

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chuck
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM

Linland on Weed...

Couture on Geritol...

Hendo on bass....

and of course, Sonnen on PED's

Fixed. :)

J.B.
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Fixed. :)

+1 :wink:

flo
03-10-2011, 10:39 PM
These guys told me

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: