PDA

View Full Version : Advocation of the USA to join the Commonwealth???

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
:blink:

I seem to have stumbled across a number of Americans online, youtubers, who call themselves "loyalists" several of which are advocating on a political level for the United States to join the British Commonwealth :laugh:

I pointed out to them that the Commonwealth is made of free and independant States (mostly) who are former members of The Most Excellent British Empire, and voluntarily aggree to have Her Brittanic Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II as their Patron or Head of State.

They said that America was a British Collonial Outpost, and so it had a right to call itself a member of The Most Excellent British Empire, and therefore had the right to voluntarily include the Queen as Head of State, and become a member of the British Commonwealth.

I then pointed out that infact only a few States could claim any allegience to the Most Excellent British Empire...and that in order for any part of Continental North America south of the Canadian Boarder to be classed as a Member of the British Commonwealth, they would first have to Have the Soverignty to make such a voluntary choice.

They said that the State Governments have that ability, to choose for the State on a Political Level.

I reminded them that State Governments were answerable to the Federal Government, and that they only had jurisdiction within their State lines. I pointed out that England was beyond their State line, and so the permission of the Federal Government that deals with internationality would have to be gained.

I said I didnt think the Federal Government would want to do that.

They asked if they could do it as independant States if they were not part of the Union.

I said Yes, but, only The Republic of Texas has a get out of Union free card...and secondly, if they did Decide to pull out of the Union, there was an issue of what the rest of the States would do when they found their Capitol City was in one of the De-unionised States that was back under British Rule

They said they hadnt thought of that one :laugh:

:huh::huh:Loyalists :huh::huh:

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I know I have an obsession with Britain, but those people sound crazy! Where the heck do you find these characters Tyburn?!!

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I know I have an obsession with Britain, but those people sound crazy! Where the heck do you find these characters Tyburn?!!

I subscribed to a friend called The Mad Monarchist...he produces videos of Monarchs throughout history and around the whole world...so not just British Monarchy.

He had posted a Video about King Loius XIV of what, within a century would become The French Republic...as I was chatting to him I discovered his aggreement with a group of people who had posted on his channel comments page...one of which seemed to be advocating a complete revolution, back to Monarchy in the United States...and the obvious relationship would have been, rather then invent a new Monarchy (as had been offered and rejected by Congress to George Washington shortly after 1783) they were saying what should happen was a return of the old collonies to Britian, Via the commonwealth, in the hope that Britian would then expand as the Federal Republic began to collapse. Their hope would then be presumably a return to proper monarchic rule.

I didnt have the heart to tell them that, even in Britian, the Church and State are more in word then deed, and that although England is a Constitutional Monarchy in principle, it may aswell just be a Government Democrasy...I didnt want to tell them, that when the next succession happens we could, truely, could, see the end of the oldest Monarchy in the western world, and a complete end of The British Commonwealth.

What was really...kinda distressing for me...was that being a Royalist, I had more in common with these American Loyalists, then the post modern British Parliamentarian. They were more Pro-England, and Pro-Monarchy, then most people who live in this country. :sad:

There is an arguement to be said that The United States of America, is infact the True modern day English...because their Revolution was using British Standards against the British...who taught them what Freedom was in the first place? Who taught them morals, and Christian principles? Their Direct European and British Heratage...they werent Americans at the time of the Revolution...they were BRITISH CITIZENS IN AMERICA...they were Judging England by its very standards...and when it came up short...they acted just like an Englishman....they said Cherio, and did it themselves!

...and unlike England now...Americans are still happy and enthusiastic, still opinionated, still hold their country as sacred...I like America so much because it reminds me of what England was and should still be. When I visit it...its like a home away from home...the people their are what the people here used to be like.

but its also a double edged sword, because it shows just how far we have fallen from our very own ideals. How we lost something that was precious and hasnt been replicated by America (The Crown) I am either born about 200 years too late, or I am born in the correct time but in the wrong country.

I am like an Englishman of 1770. Thats why I can cope with both America and its anti-monarchist views, OR Britian with its politically silent monarchy.

I belong in a time when both were regarded true, by both sides of the atlantic before the war. When Kings were good to their subjects, and their subjects could live in freedom and peace.

I am a relic :sad: I am so out of place :cry:

Crisco
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I said Yes, but, only The Republic of Texas has a get out of Union free card...and secondly, if they did Decide to pull out of the Union, there was an issue of what the rest of the States would do when they found their Capitol City was in one of the De-unionised States that was back under British Rule

They said they hadnt thought of that one :laugh:

:huh::huh:Loyalists :huh::huh:

Texas only had the legal right before the civil war. After the south lost Texas lost the legal ability to do anything in terms of leaving the union.

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Texas only had the legal right before the civil war. After the south lost Texas lost the legal ability to do anything in terms of leaving the union.

Are you certain of that? I thought it was a stipulation that Texas was only in the union with the clause...and after the war, it was repatrioted into the Union. I was under the impression that Clause was in opporation before, and after the war, but not during the confederacy or war itself.

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I subscribed to a friend called The Mad Monarchist...he produces videos of Monarchs throughout history and around the whole world...so not just British Monarchy.

He had posted a Video about King Loius XIV of what, within a century would become The French Republic...as I was chatting to him I discovered his aggreement with a group of people who had posted on his channel comments page...one of which seemed to be advocating a complete revolution, back to Monarchy in the United States...and the obvious relationship would have been, rather then invent a new Monarchy (as had been offered and rejected by Congress to George Washington shortly after 1783) they were saying what should happen was a return of the old collonies to Britian, Via the commonwealth, in the hope that Britian would then expand as the Federal Republic began to collapse. Their hope would then be presumably a return to proper monarchic rule.

I didnt have the heart to tell them that, even in Britian, the Church and State are more in word then deed, and that although England is a Constitutional Monarchy in principle, it may aswell just be a Government Democrasy...I didnt want to tell them, that when the next succession happens we could, truely, could, see the end of the oldest Monarchy in the western world, and a complete end of The British Commonwealth.

What was really...kinda distressing for me...was that being a Royalist, I had more in common with these American Loyalists, then the post modern British Parliamentarian. They were more Pro-England, and Pro-Monarchy, then most people who live in this country. :sad:

There is an arguement to be said that The United States of America, is infact the True modern day English...because their Revolution was using British Standards against the British...who taught them what Freedom was in the first place? Who taught them morals, and Christian principles? Their Direct European and British Heratage...they werent Americans at the time of the Revolution...they were BRITISH CITIZENS IN AMERICA...they were Judging England by its very standards...and when it came up short...they acted just like an Englishman....they said Cherio, and did it themselves!

...and unlike England now...Americans are still happy and enthusiastic, still opinionated, still hold their country as sacred...I like America so much because it reminds me of what England was and should still be. When I visit it...its like a home away from home...the people their are what the people here used to be like.

but its also a double edged sword, because it shows just how far we have fallen from our very own ideals. How we lost something that was precious and hasnt been replicated by America (The Crown) I am either born about 200 years too late, or I am born in the correct time but in the wrong country.

I am like an Englishman of 1770. Thats why I can cope with both America and its anti-monarchist views, OR Britian with its politically silent monarchy.

I belong in a time when both were regarded true, by both sides of the atlantic before the war. When Kings were good to their subjects, and their subjects could live in freedom and peace.

I am a relic :sad: I am so out of place :cry:
I can relate.. Trust me! I feel ya!!

Spiritwalker
03-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Like finds Like Foxy... ;)

I then pointed out that infact only a few States could claim any allegience to the Most Excellent British Empire...

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2010/09/25/450x367-alg_excellent.jpg

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 05:58 PM

:wink: teehee!!

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I can relate.. Trust me! I feel ya!!

Perhaps we belong...together :scared0015:

:laugh:

Would you like to be a forum wife of mine :laugh::laugh:

Michelle is gone...and Pirmadawn hasnt come back since I proposed :unsure-1:

So...I'm not booked up :ashamed:

:happydancing:

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 06:36 PM

Awww.. :) :wink:

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Its because of the Order. In England their is many Orders of Chivilry...they are basically commendations...your post modern day Knights so to speak...and yes they are still knighted with the Octogenarian waving a large sword around which is nearly as long as she is tall :laugh:

Anyway...they all have fancy titles...begining with The Most

You have Most Noble order of The Garter
Most Ancient Order of The Thistle
Most Distingushed Order of Saint Michael and Saint George

...and the most common, coz it has the most people inducted into it..is The Most Excellen Order of The British Empire :laugh: Anyone you see with the letters OBE or MBE after their name you must address as Sir...because they have been Knighted by the Queen, its not a matter of courtesy...its actually their official Title...They will henceforth not be Mr so-and-so, but Sir Blah :) You get it for outstanding recognition, effort, or achievement to society...Great Philanthropists...Great Explorers, Artists, Sportsmen, Television personalities, and Film Directors

There are different levels of induction also...you can be a Member, or Knight, or you can be a Cross, or Grande Cross, or Dame Grand Cross...the better your achivement, effort, recognition, the higher within the Order you are inducted in. I have no idea on the rules for progression when in the order though.

Each new Knight, or Lady, is presented to Her Brittanic Majesty, infront of a vast audience. They process in. They Approach their Soverign. She will share a word with them, they will then either be given the writs of their title...or in some cases asked to kneel before her...she will get out her sword, and do her best not to chop of the head infront of her :laugh: then they retreat from the soverign...never turn your back...you walk backwards away from her...and then they process off.

After that they are invited to the Garden Party in the grounds of the Palace where they may meet with Royalty, Nobility, and others of the Order. From then on their status allows any on in their family to get married in the Chapel of Saint Faiths, in the Crypt of Saint Paul's Cathedral in London, because the Chapel is the designated home of the Order.

Each year the order will gather for a service of celebration and thanksgiving, and once every seven years, that service will be attended by:

Her Most Excellent, Most High, Most Might, Brittanic Majesty, Elizabeth II, by The grace of GOD, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other realms and terrirtories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith. Whom may GOD preserve with long life, good health, and all worldly happiness

I believe thats her actual full title :laugh:

CAVEMAN
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM

http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Neezar
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Your comment here has nothing to do with the thread subject. You are just being a bully.

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Your comment here has nothing to do with the thread subject. You are just being a bully.

:laugh: I was going to say "makes a Change" but...it doesnt make a change at all does it. :laugh:

Twinsmama
03-09-2011, 08:36 PM

meanie....it's not funny if you put a smiley face after a mean comment

:laugh::laugh: you running the girls off?

it's weird how people show their personalities over the computer

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

Wowser...thats written from a VERY confederate point of view isnt it. I assumed most Americans didnt mind the Union, in some much as, although it has faults, they would never imagine being free from Federalization

I shall tell my Monarchist friends, that Each State is a member of the Union only by voluntary means. I shall tell them to go into Politics within their State, Get Ellected...and then Aggree to voluntarily remove themselves from The United States, Whilst appealing for acceptance into the Commonwealth, to Claim Protection of the Crown against the impending wrath of the Federal States who will no doubt do what they did to the Confederacy...and become hostile to an otherwise peaceful group of Soverignties.

The Crown will no doubt tell them, that they may have The District of Colombia, only if they aggree by treaty, to recognise...WTF shall we call the new thirteen states??? How about The United Crown Soverignties of America? Yes...thats lovely.

If they become violent...we distroy Washington DC...and their Seat of Government...they will have to move Congress to somewhere else...along with everything else which is in that City, like for example the Federal Investigation, the Archives, The Pentagon...will instantly fall under British Rule...and thus...if they are expelled, they will have to put themselves back together before they rechallenge us.

Meanwhiles, we will call on our friends...the Canadians, another Commonwealth Nation...and...if we must...I suppose we make alliance with Mexico...we already own many Islands in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Fench wont help you, not this time :tongue0011:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
meanie....it's not funny if you put a smiley face after a mean comment

:laugh::laugh: you running the girls off?

it's weird how people show their personalities over the computer
I am much meaner in person.:laugh:Only to those that ask for it or want it..

Twinsmama
03-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I am much meaner in person.:laugh:Only to those that ask for it or want it..

freak :) (the smiley makes it good right..:laugh:)

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
freak :) (the smiley makes it good right..:laugh:)

Silly!! Hey I am now Mrs. Tyburn cut me some slack!! :laugh:

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 01:52 AM

How is that being a bully??? Tyburn is rather "passionate" when it comes to many things.. and it seems that these people he found on the Internet are of a like mind...

"like finds like" How is that a bully????

If you mean .. "most excellent".. I read his comment.. and the first thing that came to mind was Bill and Ted when I saw .. "Most Excellent".. After reading Daves book on "Most Excellent".. I think that it's even funnier..

so tell me.. how am I a bully????

Neezar
03-10-2011, 02:45 AM

I think you were referring to crazy people not passionate people. They are not one in the same.

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I think you were referring to crazy people not passionate people. They are not one in the same.

sheesh.. some people have no sense of humor...

Neezar
03-10-2011, 02:49 AM
sheesh.. some people have no sense of humor...

This has gone way beyond humor.

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Dave is a nut... about some things... it's obvious... History.. Religion.. certain fighters... I just called it..

I am absolutely insane about some things... History.. certain fighters... martial arts.. Batman... (I was Robin in another life).....

what is so insulting about saying "like finds like"??

County Mike
03-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Bogus!

http://www.thefancarpet.com/uploaded_assets/images/gallery/3226/Bill_and_Teds_Bogus_Journey_30219_Medium.jpg

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Bogus!

http://www.thefancarpet.com/uploaded_assets/images/gallery/3226/Bill_and_Teds_Bogus_Journey_30219_Medium.jpg

Dethbob
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I seem to have stumbled across a number of Americans online, youtubers, who call themselves "loyalists" several of which are advocating on a political level for the United States to join the British Commonwealth...I pointed out to them that the Commonwealth is made of free and independant States (mostly) who are former members of The Most Excellent British Empire...They said that America was a British Collonial Outpost...only a few States could claim any allegience to the Most Excellent British Empire...and secondly, if they did Decide to pull out of the Union, there was an issue of what the rest of the States would do when they found their Capitol City was in one of the De-unionised States that was back under British Rule...They said they hadnt thought of that one

Itís early yet, but this is the most interesting thing Iíve read all day. Thanks Dave!

rockdawg21
03-11-2011, 03:03 AM

I seem to have stumbled across a number of Americans online, youtubers, who call themselves "loyalists" several of which are advocating on a political level for the United States to join the British Commonwealth :laugh:
They are related to those wimpy Brits who came here to fight and lost.

VCURamFan
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Dave is a nut... about some things... it's obvious... History.. Religion.. certain fighters... I just called it..

I am absolutely insane about some things... History.. certain fighters... martial arts.. Batman... (I was Robin in another life).....

what is so insulting about saying "like finds like"??
You were the small spoon?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sw4-hp8vr-Q/TWEKK9K_yOI/AAAAAAAAIZc/HqDLxkFUY64/s1600/batman-robin.jpg

Tyburn
03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Itís early yet, but this is the most interesting thing Iíve read all day. Thanks Dave!

:laugh: your welcome :laugh:

Spiritwalker
03-11-2011, 12:33 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sw4-hp8vr-Q/TWEKK9K_yOI/AAAAAAAAIZc/HqDLxkFUY64/s1600/batman-robin.jpg

[shudder]

County Mike
03-11-2011, 12:35 PM

I don't care who you are, that's OMG funny right there.

VCURamFan
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't care who you are, that's OMG funny right there.
No, OMG funny is the Ambiguously Gay Duo :laugh::

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wUibFSecOQU/SbUwZmB5-aI/AAAAAAAAAi8/dXfi5_V_UWc/s400/Ambiguously-Gay-Duo.jpg

http://indianapolis.metromix.com/content_image/full/236229/560/370