PDA

View Full Version : When to NOT hyphenate...

flo
03-08-2011, 03:44 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/funnynames2.jpg

flo
03-08-2011, 03:46 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/funnynames1.jpg

flo
03-08-2011, 03:47 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/funnynames3.jpg

:laugh:

NateR
03-08-2011, 03:51 AM
:laugh: That reminds me of my old roommate's best friend who was getting married to a hardcore feminist who required him to take her name if she was going to take his name. Well, Mr. Sisne-Mann deserves everything he gets for marrying a woman like that. :rolleyes:

rockdawg21
03-08-2011, 04:37 AM
:laugh: That reminds me of my old roommate's best friend who was getting married to a hardcore feminist who required him to take her name if she was going to take his name. Well, Mr. Sisne-Mann deserves everything he gets for marrying a woman like that. :rolleyes:
That "man" doesn't have any balls.

flo
03-08-2011, 05:42 AM
:laugh: That reminds me of my old roommate's best friend who was getting married to a hardcore feminist who required him to take her name if she was going to take his name. Well,Mr. Sisne-Mann deserves everything he gets for marrying a woman like that. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding, Nate? LMAO!!!!

Bonnie
03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
:laugh: Good ones, Flo! You find the funniest things! :laugh:

Primadawn
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I couldn't have made this up if I tried.

My ex's cousin Leslie's last name was Harder. She married Steven Dix. We BEGGED her to hyphenate! She declined. :laugh:

She did humor us when she had the signs made directing wedding guests to the Harder/Dix reception. :ninja::laugh::ninja:

rearnakedchoke
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
it works for ethnic names too .. we have a lady here Jocelyn Poon who married Gerry Tang ... we begged for her to hyphenate her name just for the nameplate on her office .. sadly she refused ...

NateR
03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Are you kidding, Nate? LMAO!!!!

Nope, sadly the story was true. According to my roommate the wedding itself was officiated by an Feminist preacher who mentioned how "Jesus was smiling down upon them from the top of his volcano." :blink:

Miss Foxy
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM

My ex's cousin Leslie's last name was Harder. She married Steven Dix. We BEGGED her to hyphenate! She declined. :laugh:

She did humor us when she had the signs made directing wedding guests to the Harder/Dix reception. :ninja::laugh::ninja:

Lol!! I can't even imagine how many smiles/laughs that caused!! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Nope, sadly the story was true. According to my roommate the wedding itself was officiated by an Feminist preacher who mentioned how "Jesus was smiling down upon them from the top of his volcano." :blink:

We know who wears the pants in that relationship! Barf!!:sick: ..

County Mike
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Awesome!

flo
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM

:w00t:

:rotfl:

flo
03-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Oh, barf. Rockdawg had it right in his post #5. Poore-Sap. :laugh:

TENNESSEAN
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
i worked at a grocery store in high school. the store managers name was mike hunt. it didn't take long for him to ban me from saying his name over the intercom.:Whistle:

matthughesfan21
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
i worked at a grocery store in high school. the store managers name was mike hunt. it didn't take long for him to ban me from saying his name over the intercom.:Whistle:
:laugh:

Twinsmama
03-09-2011, 06:43 PM

:laugh::laugh:

TexasRN
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM

I had to say it aloud in order to get it. :ashamed::laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Do you hyphenate when you use the word bipolar?

Is it bipolar or bi-polar?

I need to know for another thread.........:ninja:

Miss Foxy
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Do you hyphenate when you use the word bipolar?

Is it bipolar or bi-polar?

I need to know for another thread.........:ninja:

Just bipolar..My minor is Psychology...I dx all day here on the forum! We got a few personality disorders including compulsive liars, dissociative identity disorder, and a few sociopaths.. I think I am somewhere in the PMDD area..lol.

DonnaMaria
03-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Just bipolar..My minor is Psychology...I dx all day here on the forum! We got a few personality disorders including compulsive liars, dissociative identity disorder, and a few sociopaths.. I think I am somewhere in the PMDD area..lol.

:) I think all women fall somewhere in the PMDD area! lol!

:laugh: I was making a joke about the bipolar thing! Apparently not a very good one!