PDA

View Full Version : Anti Gun Senator Shoots intruder!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
02Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder
Site Administrator posted on March 02, 2011 17:55

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder
Field and Stream

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC) Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.
"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone.
"I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.
Why hypocritical you may ask?
It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Posted in: 2nd Amendment Articles

rockdawg21
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I hope this becomes HUGE news.

Dethbob
03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh, it’ll get buried, no doubt about that. They’ll publish the story but ‘just the facts’, leaving the D off the end of his name and downplaying the connection to his voting record.

billwilliams70
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh, it did get burried. This happened in 2009!

I searched Google News for R.C. Soles and nothing came up, then I searched the interwebz and found this.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20090823/ARTICLES/908239980

Here's the article talking about the indictment: http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20100107/articles/100109828

Later.

Dethbob
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh, it did get burried. This happened in 2009!

Excellent work, great find!

billwilliams70
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Excellent work, great find!
Well, I wanted the link.....I thought it was an intersting story worth sharing on FB....but since it's almost two years old, I'll pass.

Later.

Twinsmama
03-07-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110228/ARTICLES/110229703/?p=1&tc=pg

more to the story. do this mean he got in trouble for shooting at someone on a different occassion. i'm confused but i did space out half way thru the article.

billwilliams70
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20110228/ARTICLES/110229703/?p=1&tc=pg

more to the story. do this mean he got in trouble for shooting at someone on a different occassion. i'm confused but i did space out half way thru the article.
Oh Emm Gee! Another one, and it's new.

Seems like police officers in Tabor City need to practice running through the woods.

This article says nothing about who shot whom. However, the irony that an anti gun senator would shoot an intruder is still pretty funny.

Later.

Crisco
03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Definition of irony?

Dethbob
03-07-2011, 08:39 PM
That's awesome!

"State Sen. R.C. Soles pleaded guilty on Feb. 25 2010 at the Columbus County Courthouse to a reduced charge of assault with a deadly weapon and was fined $1000 after shooting a man."

"doctors think the detective may have a torn rotator cuff"

"went into the water without his shirt or pants – which were lost earlier"

"the officer may have a torn ACL"

"Soles pleaded guilty to assault and paid a $1,000 fine"

Of course, no mention of his party affiliation or voting record. I bet they’ll try to pass him of as a Republican.

flo
03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
If he was a republican it would have been in the first sentence.

NateR
03-08-2011, 03:09 AM
If he was a republican it would have been in the first sentence.

And they would have spun the story to make the intruder appear to be the victim of a crime, instead of the other way around.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-08-2011, 06:15 AM
And they would have spun the story to make the intruder appear to be the victim of a crime, instead of the other way around.

Now that's the truth! I guess the fact that he's an anti gun Democrat is why I just recently found out about it!

Spiritwalker
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM

aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.......

I needed that this morning!!!!!!

Tyburn
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Why is it alright for him to have a firearm and shoot people...but not for anyone else to do it? :huh:

I mean...I have no problem with anti-firearm positions...but just how anti-firearm can you be if you then own one and use it for the purpose you say it shouldnt be used for :huh::huh:

Its not so much Irony as Hypocrasy...Irony would be to find him dead after having his house broken into...killed by the very thing he had been advocating...but its hypocrasy to find he even owns a firearm if his stance is politically against.

But to find him advocating one thing, and then doing the other, thats just hypocritical IMHO

Dethbob
03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Why is it alright for him to have a firearm and shoot people...but not for anyone else to do it? :huh:

The same reason they want to force all of us rabble out of our cars and onto public transportation while they zip around in their private jets, same reason they want to raise taxes on redneck food like Burger King and subsidize organic arugula.

They think that ‘the rules’ are not something they themselves should have to follow, but are for special people to use to control the retched refuse.

It’s not even hypocrisy really, more like imperiosity.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-08-2011, 07:29 PM

I mean...I have no problem with anti-firearm positions...but just how anti-firearm can you be if you then own one and use it for the purpose you say it shouldnt be used for :huh::huh:

Its not so much Irony as Hypocrasy...Irony would be to find him dead after having his house broken into...killed by the very thing he had been advocating...but its hypocrasy to find he even owns a firearm if his stance is politically against.

But to find him advocating one thing, and then doing the other, that's just hypocritical IMHO

He's not the only anti gun hypocrite! For alot of anti gunners (especially in Government) its more about power and their feeling of elitism than gun safety. Rosie O'Donolesbo for example claimed that everybody other than the police and Military that had a gun should be put in Jail. All the while she was surrounded by armed bodyguards! So its about power and elitism. Like somebody already said. The rules don't apply to them like it does the rest of us!