PDA

View Full Version : But it was his own Personal Truck!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-05-2011, 09:36 PM
KIROTV.com
Ore. Bus Driver Suspended For Confederate Flag
Flag Often Perceived As Racist, Negative
JEFF BARNARD, Associated Press
Posted: 8:37 am PST March 3, 2011
Updated: 4:42 am PST March 4, 2011

GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Ken Webber wears his redneck heart out in the open, for all to see. On his right arm a red, white and blue tattoo depicts his skin ripped open to reveal an American flag and the words "100 percent American." On his left, the tears reveal a Confederate flag and the words "Pure Redneck."

So when Webber was told to surrender the Confederate flag that flies from the CB antenna on his pickup truck - or be suspended from his job driving a school bus in Talent - the choice was easy.

Webber chose his flag.

"My flag will fly," he told The Associated Press on Thursday. "No one here is gonna tell me what I can and can't believe in."

Webber, 28, of Medford drives the kindergarten bus for Talent Elementary School.

He has been driving for First Student Inc., which contracts buses for the Phoenix-Talent School District, for the past four years. He also attends community college and is married with four young children.

Webber got the Confederate battle flag, emblazoned with the word Redneck, as a birthday present in 2009 from his dad, and has been flying it ever since.

But last month, school Superintendent Ben Bergreen saw it on Webber's truck parked at the school bus yard in Talent and told Webber's supervisor the flag had to go, or Webber had to go.

The school district owns the bus yard and leases it to First Student.

"The fact is, our district is about 37 percent minority students," Bergreen said. "It's fairly common knowledge that the Confederate battle flag is perceived by folks as a racist or negative symbol. The Southern Poverty Law Center said more than 500 extremist groups use it as one of their symbols.

"We have a policy," he added. "It's about displaying symbols on school property that were racist, or had a potential to be seen as racist might be a better way to say that."

First Student spokeswoman Bonnie Bastian confirmed Webber had been suspended, but said she could not discuss details.

Webber said he could park the truck off school property, but he would have to walk a mile to his job.

He said he is suspended without pay pending an investigation, and he expects to have to sell off some belongings to pay the rent.

"I believe in God and know he'll get us through this," he said.

Webber has not hired a lawyer but is considering taking his stand to court.

Courts have upheld the right of schools to limit display of the Confederate flag on their property. Last November, the Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the right of a Tennessee school district to suspend a student for wearing a T-shirt and belt buckle bearing the image of the Confederate battle flag.

Born in Riverside, Calif., Webber said his family moved around the country as his father was transferred from Air Force base to Air Force base, until they settled in Southern Oregon when he was 11.

He and his friends considered themselves "backyard rednecks" growing up. They hunted, fished, roamed the mountains, and drove ATVs in the mud. He dropped out of high school in Phoenix, Ore., but is working toward a degree in juvenile corrections at Rogue Community College.

"I work for what I have. I support my family. It's just who I am. I'm a redneck," Webber said. "It's a way of life."

Webber said flying the flag had nothing to do with racism, extremist groups or politics.

"When you've got the word 'redneck' going straight across (the flag), it takes away that whole thing," he said. "It's just about standing up for what you believe in. This is one thing I'm doing. It ain't coming down."

___

Information from: Mail Tribune

Tyburn
03-06-2011, 12:01 AM
who would have thought that the Federal Government would take Treason so seriously :laugh:

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 12:27 AM
That man has balls bigger than the school bus he drives. Mad respect!

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 04:54 AM
boy.. am prolly gonna draw heat for this one....

I understand the guys point.. but you have to also understand the schools...

would it be too hard to take it down while at school??

I COMPLETELY agree with his point..."No one here is gonna tell me what I can and can't believe in."

But when you are "flying the colors" on state/county property... and you are an employee.... many take that as "support".... It's the problem with a lawsuit happy age...

Dave.. there is no treason here...

Rev
03-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I have strong views on stuf like this also. But i agree with SW.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
who would have thought that the Federal Government would take Treason so seriously :laugh:

It ain't treason! It should be freedom of speech. I can understand them not having it on a school bus but not his own personal vehicle. Its another example of heavy handed government burocusy interfering with free speech. Think of it as an American flag Southern style!

bradwright
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
i admire him for taking a stand but with 4 young children at home and probably having to sell stuff off just to pay the rent...
maybe he should take a stand when he is in a better financial position to do so.

Neezar
03-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Born in Riverside, Calif., Webber said his family moved around the country as his father was transferred from Air Force base to Air Force base, until they settled in Southern Oregon when he was 11.

He and his friends considered themselves "backyard rednecks" growing up. They hunted, fished, roamed the mountains, and drove ATVs in the mud. He dropped out of high school in Phoenix, Ore., but is working toward a degree in juvenile corrections at Rogue Community College.

"I work for what I have. I support my family. It's just who I am. I'm a redneck," Webber said. "It's a way of life."

Webber said flying the flag had nothing to do with racism, extremist groups or politics.

"When you've got the word 'redneck' going straight across (the flag), it takes away that whole thing," he said. "It's just about standing up for what you believe in. This is one thing I'm doing. It ain't coming down."

___

The guy was born in Cali and raised in Oregon. He knows nothing of being a redneck. :laugh: The examples he gives of being 'redneck' like loving to hunt and fish does not a redneck make. lol. Furthermore, why would he choose the confederate flag to represent himself as a redneck? And on top of that he states that the word 'redneck' going across the flag "takes away that whole thing (meaning the racist thing)"? :rolleyes:

Send him to Alabama with that pick up truck with his flag a-flying and he would no doubt be educated real quick.

Take that shyte off your truck and hang it in the end window of your trailor like a true redneck would! lol

DonnaMaria
03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

I COMPLETELY agree with his point...

But when you are "flying the colors" on state/county property... and you are an employee.... many take that as "support".... It's the problem with a lawsuit happy age...

I Agree!!!

BTW.........I wonder how is wife feels about his decision..........:Whistle:

DonnaMaria
03-06-2011, 03:18 PM
The guy was born in Cali and raised in Oregon. He knows nothing of being a redneck. :laugh: The examples he gives of being 'redneck' like loving to hunt and fish does not a redneck make. lol. Furthermore, why would he choose the confederate flag to represent himself as a redneck? And on top of that he states that the word 'redneck' going across the flag "takes away that whole thing (meaning the racist thing)"? :rolleyes:

Send him to Alabama with that pick up truck with his flag a-flying and he would no doubt be educated real quick.

Take that shyte off your truck and hang it in the end window of your trailor like a true redneck would! lol

:laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I would also like to point out that the School is not private property so he should be able to have reasonable freedom of expression on his own personal vehicle.

County Mike
03-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I think the idea of the confederate flag representing racism is total BS anyway. Southern Pride does not mean you're a racist. That connection was falsely made a long time ago and for some reason it hasn't let go.

As for this guy, he was probably looking for an excuse to get rid of that job.

flo
03-06-2011, 05:59 PM
It ain't treason! It should be freedom of speech. I can understand them not having it on a school bus but not his own personal vehicle. Its another example of heavy handed government burocusy interfering with free speech. Think of it as an American flag Southern style!

Absolutely right, it's not treason.

I see this is in Oregon; it is an ultra-liberal state, even slightly more so than here in Washington. I was talking to a friend of mine from Arkansas a couple years ago about the confederate flag. It means different things to different people - here, many see it as a racist symbol. In the South, it is largely revered.

It wasn't originally designed as a negative symbol - far from it! - but the KKK, like the Nazis before them with the swastika, have hijacked the confederate flag and sullied its intent. Not to get too wordy but it is a fascinating subject:

What is now often called "The Confederate Flag" or "The Confederate Battle Flag" (actually a combination of the battle flag's colors with the Second Navy Jack's design), despite its never having historically represented the CSA as a nation, has become a widely recognized symbol of the South. It is also called the "rebel", "Southern Cross, or "Dixie" flag, and is often incorrectly referred to as the "Stars and Bars" (the actual "Stars and Bars" is the First National Flag, which used an entirely different design).

During the first half of the 20th century the Confederate flag enjoyed renewed popularity. During World War II some U.S. military units with Southern nicknames, or made up largely of Southerners, made the flag their unofficial emblem. The USS Columbia (CL-56) flew a Confederate Navy Ensign as a battle flag throughout combat in the South Pacific in World War II. This was done in honor of the ship's namesake, the capital city of South Carolina, the first state to secede from the Union. Some soldiers carried Confederate flags into battle. After the Battle of Okinawa a Confederate flag was raised over Shuri Castle by a Marine from the self-styled "Rebel Company" (Company A of the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines). It was visible for miles and was taken down after three days on the orders of General Simon B. Buckner, Jr. (son of Confederate General Simon Buckner), who stated that it was inappropriate as "Americans from all over are involved in this battle". It was replaced with the flag of the United States.

The use of the flag by soldiers came under investigation after some African-American soldiers filed complaints.[citation needed]. By the end of World War II, the use of the Confederate flag in the military was rare. However, the Confederate flag continues to be flown in an unofficial manner by many soldiers. It was seen many times in Korea, Vietnam, and in the Middle East.

Controversy
Displaying the flag
The display of the Confederate flag remains a highly controversial and emotional topic, generally because of disagreement over the nature of its symbolism.

Opponents of the Confederate flag (especially African Americans) see it as an overt symbol of racism, both for the history of racial slavery in the United States, and the establishment of Jim Crow laws by Southern states following the end of Reconstruction in late 1870s, enforcing racial segregation within state borders for nearly a century until the Civil Rights Movement. Some hate groups use the Southern Cross as one of the symbols associated with their organizations, including racist groups such as the Neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan. The flag is also sometimes used by separatist organizations such as the Aryan Nations. It is important to note, however, that the official flag of the Ku Klux Klan, as stated by this organization itself, is the flag of the United States of America, not the CSA battle flag. The Aryan Nation also uses the U.S. flag as well as the Christian flag displayed in some Protestant churches.

Supporters of the flag view it as a symbol of heritage and the freedom of the distinct cultural tradition of the South from the oppression of Northern government. Also, in light of some schools and universities banning it as a racist symbol in their "speech codes", it could also be seen as a symbol of freedom of speech.

White southerners often see the flag as merely a symbol of southern culture without any political or racial connotation. An example of this would be the Bocephus Rebel Flag often sold at concerts performed by country music star Hank Williams, Jr or Kevin Fowler, heavy metal band Pantera, and southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd. For some, the flag represents only a past era of southern sovereignty. Some historical societies such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the United Daughters of the Confederacy also use the flag as part of their symbols. Also some rockabilly fans hold the Confederate flag as their emblem.

From this link on History of Confederate Flags. (http://www.civilwar.com/resources/313-flags/150182-confederate-flag-history.html)

flo
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
i admire him for taking a stand but with 4 young children at home and probably having to sell stuff off just to pay the rent...
maybe he should take a stand when he is in a better financial position to do so.

Good point, Brad.

Chris F
03-06-2011, 06:50 PM

I COMPLETELY agree with his point...

In many Court case the judges rule that a personal car is not the property of the land owner. Meaning you do not give up you rrights just because you drive onto a lot owned by another. for this to be leagal. Than they would have to do an outright ban on all bumper stickers or else it is discrimination. SO unless the school distirct is ready to do that this man can sue and would win. He might loose in appeals because Orgean 6th court is extremely liberal but he would win at the SCOTUS level because they have ruled in favor on issues like this many times

Chris F
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I think the idea of the confederate flag representing racism is total BS anyway. Southern Pride does not mean you're a racist. That connection was falsely made a long time ago and for some reason it hasn't let go.

Hollywood Mike. DYK the highest membership rates for the KKK is not even in the SOuth? Also the North made laws banning the blacks form living there till almost 1940's. The north won the war rewrote history to hide their own extrme racism.

Chris F
03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Absolutely right, it's not treason.

I see this is in Oregon; it is an ultra-liberal state, even slightly more so than here in Washington. I was talking to a friend of mine from Arkansas a couple years ago about the confederate flag. It means different things to different people - here, many see it as a racist symbol. In the South, it is largely revered.

It wasn't originally designed as a negative symbol - far from it! - but the KKK, like the Nazis before them with the swastika, have hijacked the confederate flag and sullied its intent. Not to get too wordy but it is a fascinating subject:

From this link on History of Confederate Flags. (http://www.civilwar.com/resources/313-flags/150182-confederate-flag-history.html)

There is a great history behind why the chose the flag they did. You link is one of many out there trying to end the NAACP's smear campagin

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I would also like to point out that the School is not private property so he should be able to have reasonable freedom of expression on his own personal vehicle.
Good point, it is paid by the taxpayers, including himself.

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM

A state/county run school IS private property....

If a vehicle is on school property it is subject to searches as well. At least in North Carolina.

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 08:31 PM

well said!!

yeah.. would you want a job driving kids??? I love teaching karate to them.. but having kids sit still on a bus.. [shudder]

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
In many Court case the judges rule that a personal car is not the property of the land owner. Meaning you do not give up you rrights just because you drive onto a lot owned by another. for this to be leagal. Than they would have to do an outright ban on all bumper stickers or else it is discrimination. SO unless the school distirct is ready to do that this man can sue and would win. He might loose in appeals because Orgean 6th court is extremely liberal but he would win at the SCOTUS level because they have ruled in favor on issues like this many times

with a society that is worrying about kids bringing guns to school... many parents are willing to let certain "rights' get bent...

and we are not talking about Bumper stickers.. but a flag...

and speaking of bumper stickers.. this teacher got fired.. for hers..

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/28/exp.HLNBumperSticker.hln?hpt=T2

NateR
03-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Hollywood Mike. DYK the highest membership rates for the KKK is not even in the SOuth? Also the North made laws banning the blacks form living there till almost 1940's. The north won the war rewrote history to hide their own extrme racism.

Yeah, I've read that the last thing Abraham Lincoln wanted was integration of whites and blacks in America after the emancipation. His belief was that the freed slaves needed to be relocated out of the country (preferably Central America).

As far as racism today, while I was in the Army the most racist people I ever met were from the northwestern states like Oregon, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I don't think I met any racist whites from the South. Now racist blacks and racist Hispanics, that's a completely different story.

NateR
03-06-2011, 10:54 PM

So we should only fight for our freedoms when it is convenient for us or when it doesn't actually require any sacrifice on our part?

rearnakedchoke
03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
i always thought the confederate flag was cool ... but i grew up watching the dukes of hazzard ... i understand that it was his own personal truck ... just a question ... what if the flag was a nazi flag? not saying they represent the same thing, but the freedom of expression issue ...

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
+1

Chris F
03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
i always thought the confederate flag was cool ... but i grew up watching the dukes of hazzard ... i understand that it was his own personal truck ... just a question ... what if the flag was a nazi flag? not saying they represent the same thing, but the freedom of expression issue ...

If everyone has the same right to express themself there than yes even that flag. The CSA battle flag is nothing more than a symbol much like the fish ornament, the mason thing or even the stupid gay flag that is out there. All these people have a irgh tto express who they are even if what they have offends me or what I have offends them. I hold the urge to rear end cars with the Darwin fish all the time but hey they have a right to be wrong. :)

Spiritwalker
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
I hold the urge to rear end cars with the Darwin fish all the time but hey they have a right to be wrong. :)

.. hmmmmmm

So evolution doesn't happen?? Or God doesn't cause evolution??? Prolly another thread.. but I had to ask..

NateR
03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
.. hmmmmmm

So evolution doesn't happen?? Or God doesn't cause evolution??? Prolly another thread.. but I had to ask..

Definitely another thread; but you'll find that there is no real evidence for macro-evolution, which is the main focus of Darwinism. We can see evidence of micro-evolution (adaptations within a species), but macro-evolution (ie: lizards evolving into birds) doesn't happen.

rockdawg21
03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Definitely another thread; but you'll find that there is no real evidence for macro-evolution, which is the main focus of Darwinism. We can see evidence of micro-evolution (adaptations within a species), but macro-evolution (ie: lizards evolving into birds) doesn't happen.
This is how Darwin's theory should be taught:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155351/retard-babies-butt-sex

NateR
03-07-2011, 01:42 AM
This is how Darwin's theory should be taught:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155351/retard-babies-butt-sex

That's actually more logical than real evolutionary theory. :laugh:

Punctuated equilibrium = a lizard lays a bunch of eggs and one of them just happens to have a bird in it. That bird somehow manages to survive long enough to find another bird (conveniently of the opposite gender) that hatched from a lizard egg and together they become the ancestors of every modern bird in existence. :blink:

I guess that makes sense because we used to have a dog who gave birth to fish and goats and chameleons and bald eagles all the time. :rolleyes:

Directed panspermia = we were all transplanted on earth by aliens. Seriously that's what passes for scientific theory these days. :laugh:

Chris F
03-07-2011, 04:38 AM
.. hmmmmmm

Like NateR said another thread. There is not a single shred of emprical evidence for Darwins theory. Huxley twisted it and sold it as truth. If enough people tell a lie long enough they will start to think it is true.

rockdawg21
03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Directed panspermia = we were all transplanted on earth by aliens. Seriously that's what passes for scientific theory these days. :laugh:
That theory is explained here (start at 1:40): http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103617/ice-cream-crapping-taco

rockdawg21
03-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Like NateR said another thread. There is not a single shred of emprical evidence for Darwins theory. Huxley twisted it and sold it as truth. If enough people tell a lie long enough they will start to think it is true.
http://www2.tau.ac.il/InternetFiles/news/UserFiles/image/%D7%A6%D7%97/obama-yes-we-can.jpg

County Mike
03-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Are you sure?
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/25/129010051008338887.jpg

Spiritwalker
03-07-2011, 10:51 AM

But that can be said for soooo many things.

Neezar
03-07-2011, 11:01 AM

No. The man is an employee and the regulations on symbols are written in policies and procedures in which he agreed to. He was allowed the freedom to park elsewhere. HE chose not to. So he would lose in a court of law.

I am all for freedom of speech but there has to be limits especially in public places and especially where kids will be spending time every day. If you allow this then you have to allow gangs to fly their colors. We all know where that will lead? This is just like the regulations on the tshirts kids can wear to school which I totally agree with!

Chris, you don't want a grown man to curse in public but would you be okay if his flag had a curse word on it? What about picture of a man and woman going at it and the car is parked right in front of a window where you family is sitting at a restaurant? See what I mean? There has to be limits!

You are exactly right. And the confederate flag does in no way represent racism to me. However, I know it's history and I would have to take responsibility for the feelings it invokes if I chose to fly it.

Neezar
03-07-2011, 11:14 AM

This is from another thread.

Was it on School grounds? I don't think the school should have any involvement in something like that. Wonder how many of his Female students are getting extra credit on their back. At the College level I really don't see the need for any kind of sex class!

Does the school not have some responsibility for what they allow to be displayed on their property? Or in this case for what they allow to be shown?

Bone, what would you say about gangs flying their colors at school?

Neezar
03-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Kid Rock’s use of Confederate flag sparks NAACP boycott

Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fybl og_localdtw%2F20110304%2Fts_yblog_localdtw%2Fkid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott&t=Kid+Rock%26%238217%3Bs+use+of+Confederate+flag+s parks+NAACP+boycott+-+Yahoo%21+News)

retweet (http://twitter.com/home?status=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fyblo g_localdtw%2F20110304%2Fts_yblog_localdtw%2Fkid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott)

Email (http://mtf.news.yahoo.com/mailto/?prop=news&locale=us&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fyblog_locald tw%2F20110304%2Fts_yblog_localdtw%2Fkid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott&title=Kid+Rock%26%238217%3Bs+use+of+Confederate+fl ag+sparks+NAACP+boycott+-+Yahoo%21+News&h1=yblog_localdtw/20110304/ts_yblog_localdtw/kid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott&h2=T&h3=3850)
Print (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localdtw/20110304/ts_yblog_localdtw/kid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott/print)

By Detroit News (http://news.yahoo.com/bloggers/detroit-news) detroit News (http://news.yahoo.com/bloggers/detroit-news) – Fri Mar 4, 12:43 pm ET
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/nws/p/detroitnews_logo_100x12.jpg (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/yblog_localdtw/ts_yblog_localdtw/storytext/kid-rocks-use-of-confederate-flag-sparks-naacp-boycott/40510436/SIG=10pkr1bjg/*http://www.detnews.com/)
Mark Hicks, Detroit News staff writer

Some NAACP supporters plan to boycott the Detroit arm's annual fundraiser over an honor for Kid Rock they say doesn't mesh with the civil rights group's goals.

The rocker is set to receive the Detroit branch's Great Expectations Award at the annual dinner, which typically attracts about 10,000 people, on May 1 at Cobo Center.

But Adolph Mongo, a longtime political consultant and head of Detroiters for Progress, said he and others will sit out over Kid Rock's use of the controversial Confederate flag during performances.

"It's a slap in the face for anyone who fought for civil rights in this country," Mongo said Thursday. "It's a symbol of hatred and bigotry."
NAACP officials defended the honor.

"Kid Rock ... has consistently lifted up the Great Expectations of many persons … concerning the future of the city," Donnell R. White, interim executive director of the Detroit Branch NAACP, said in a statement.
Kid Rock and his representatives couldn't be reached. But in a 2008 interview with the Guardian in Britain, he said the flag to him represents southern rock 'n' roll.

County Mike
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Once again, the NAACP makes something out of nothing to get some publicity.

Twinsmama
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
You don't have to fly a flag to show who you are.

I'm curious if they care about his tattoos though.

Pretty dumb to lose a job w/ you have 4 kids and a wife to take care of.

rearnakedchoke
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
You don't have to fly a flag to show who you are.

I'm curious if they care about his tattoos though.

i agree .. but if you have freedom of speech and expression, than you shouldn't have to worry about offending others ... yes, the smart thing is to know you are going to offend people with it, and if you don't want to rock the boat, cover it up .. but if you want to make a statement .. he did that ..

Spiritwalker
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
i agree .. but if you have freedom of speech and expression, than you shouldn't have to worry about offending others ... yes, the smart thing is to know you are going to offend people with it, and if you don't want to rock the boat, cover it up .. but if you want to make a statement .. he did that ..

seems like the school did also...

Chuck
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
However, I know it's history and I would have to take responsibility for the feelings it invokes if I chose to fly it.

Exactly!!!

It's amazing how many people think expression comes without responsibility.

DonnaMaria
03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
No. The man is an employee and the regulations on symbols are written in policies and procedures in which he agreed to. He was allowed the freedom to park elsewhere. HE chose not to. So he would lose in a court of law.

I am all for freedom of speech but there has to be limits especially in public places and especially where kids will be spending time every day. If you allow this then you have to allow gangs to fly their colors. We all know where that will lead? This is just like the regulations on the tshirts kids can wear to school which I totally agree with!

Chris, you don't want a grown man to curse in public but would you be okay if his flag had a curse word on it? What about picture of a man and woman going at it and the car is parked right in front of a window where you family is sitting at a restaurant? See what I mean? There has to be limits!

You are exactly right. And the confederate flag does in no way represent racism to me. However, I know it's history and I would have to take responsibility for the feelings it invokes if I chose to fly it.

Exactly!

BamaGrits84
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I've just been watching this one and thinking about what everyone says since it started hoping someone out hit on a subtopic of this idea that the Confederate Flag is racist and offensive.

I go to a church that is multicultural. During a meeting on church leadership I heard a black member mention about how he lovingly approached someone within the church and ask them to remove the Confederate Flag from their truck before coming to church. The black member told our pastor he desired to explained to this young white man that we didn't want to do anything that might discourage people from knowing they were welcome at our church and our pastor decided he would handle it himself.

As a Christian do you think the idea that some people are offended by this flag is enough of a reason for it not to be displayed? I have a verse in mind to go with this but I'll wait for reactions before I share it.

Chuck
03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
As a Christian do you think the idea that some people are offended by this flag is enough of a reason for it not to be displayed? I have a verse in mind to go with this but I'll wait for reactions before I share it.

Yes and no. I would never let the possibility of my actions or self expression be hindered because it might offend somebody. Now if my actions caused somebody to be offended and they sought me out and shared it with me then I would certainly consider it.

The message of the Bible and the Cross is to be selfless, to put others before ourselves. Balancing self expression with being selfless is tricky.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should do something.

Miss Foxy
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Here we go again with these threads lol.. :rolleyes: I agree with Chuck & Spiritwalker & Neezar.. I am gonna go dip my nose in another thread..

Spiritwalker
03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should do something.

Nicely said...

just because the white church member could remove it.. doesn't mean he should....

I heard a black member mention about how he lovingly approached someone within the church and ask them to remove the Confederate Flag from their truck before coming to church. The black member told our pastor he desired to explained to this young white man that we didn't want to do anything that might discourage people from knowing they were welcome at our church and our pastor decided he would handle it himself.

The same could be said that others seeing the flag sticker (I would guess that's what it is)... on a car in a chruch.. could encourage someone to come to church..

Granted it's not likely.. but I don't see why the white guy should have to take it down.. I can understand why some are offended by the flag.. but just because your offended.. doesn't mean I have to change my ways.. now if there is a "church rule".. that's different.

Spiritwalker
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Exactly!!!

It's amazing how many people think expression comes without responsibility.

Lately .. to me at least.. it seems like it's the "under 20 crowd"...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
If the School parking lot is Private Property how come its supported by tax dollars! Under that theory the only place a person could have a Flag or bumper sticker would by in your own house. Then they would eventually stop that!

BamaGrits84
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM

This is a good point. Freedom cost our contry a great deal. Do we as individuals needs to decide what personal cost we are willing to pay for "freedom"?

BamaGrits84
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
This was my verse in regards to the flag being displayed on cars parked infront of churches.

"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people." 1 Cor. 14:33

This verse is actually about speaking in tongues, but I do believe it would pertain to any behavior displayed by a Christian that would cause onlookers to question the heart of a church.

Chuck
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Nicely said...

just because the white church member could remove it.. doesn't mean he should....

Well...... that's not quite what I meant. You can look at it either way... just because he can have the sticker doesn't mean he should. The question is: When do we let our right to self expression take precedent over other peoples feelings? It's a tough call either way.

Granted it's not likely.. but I don't see why the white guy should have to take it down.. I can understand why some are offended by the flag.. but just because your offended.. doesn't mean I have to change my ways.. now if there is a "church rule".. that's different.

It's not about what we have to or don't have to do, it's about what are we willing to do? That's my point. As Christians we're called to be different than others. We're called to put other people first. We're called to deny ourselves. To be sacrificial in our love towards each other. It doesn't mean we're supposed to be a bunch of pacifist sissies, far from it. But we are supposed to deny ourselves and put Christ first.

NateR
03-08-2011, 01:55 AM

This is why the Founding Fathers realized that, without Christian morality, this whole American experiment was never going to work.

Personally, this whole loyalty to the Confederate flag thing has always struck me as a little weird. But to each his own I guess.

However, one passage of scripture keeps coming to mind as I read about this situation:
1 Corinthians 9:22b
I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

This guy is talking about believing in GOD and GOD providing for him. However, if he is a Christian, then the evangelism of the children on his bus should be his top priority. If the Confederate flag is perceived as racist, then dispose of it for the sake of the gospel. Regardless of whether the flag is racist or not, if it is creating a stumbling block for the people around him then it's a hinderance to the gospel.

Otherwise, he risks turning his sense of "Southern pride" into a form of idolatry.

Of course, it also presents a good witnessing opportunity about slavery and how we need to give up our freedom and free will and become slaves of Christ (this is not a figurative form of slavery, it is literal slavery) if we ever want to go to Heaven.

Bonnie
03-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Once again, the NAACP makes something out of nothing to get some publicity.

I think it's laughable they would try to insinuate Kid Rock of all people is racist. :rolleyes: If they really want to drum up some worthwhile publicity, they need to denounce that racist hate monger who was standing on the corner yelling at his black brothers to go kill some crackas. He's probably still there. :laugh:

Here's an article that shows Ken Webber and his "Redneck" rebel flag:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362710/Redneck-racist-School-bus-driver-defends-Confederate-flag-pickup-truck-hes-suspended-job.html

Rebel Flag History

http://arebelflag.net/

During the Civil War, many Southern states left the Union. These Confederate or "Rebel" states wanted their own flag to fly. The first Rebel flag that flew over the Confederacy, was the Bonnie Blue. The Bonnie Blue was never adopted by the confederacy, but it was loved by the people. Officially, the first Rebel flag was the Stars and Bars. The Stars and Bars flew from March 1861 to May of 1863. Unfortunately this Rebel flag looked too much like the Union's Stars and Stripes. The Confederate states decided to look further for a more unique design.
The best-known Rebel flag was the Confederate Battle Flag, also known as the "Southern Cross". The Battle flag was carried by Confederate troops during battle. So, on May 1st,1863, the second Confederate flag design was adopted, placing the Battle Flag as the canton on a white field. It was named the Stainless Banner. This Rebel flag was mistaken for a truce flag in calm weather, since it would just hang with mostly white showing. This led the Confederacy to create the third Official Rebel flag. On March 4th,1865, a new pattern was adapted. It was the same as the previous design, but with a wide, red stripe on the fly end. The third flag did not last long, since the war came to an end. It was called the Last Confederate flag.
The Confederate Battle flag is the most recognized Rebel flag. Many people know it from the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. The Rebel flag was painted on the top of the Duke Boys' car, the General Lee. The Confederate flag has also appeared on several southern state flags at one time or another. The only state to keep the Rebel flag as part of their state flag presently, is Mississippi.

More info:

Confederate Flag Controversy History Timeline (Old South & New South Pictures)
by Borgna Brunner

The "Southern Cross"

The Confederate battle flag, called the "Southern Cross" or the cross of St. Andrew, has been described variously as a proud emblem of Southern heritage and as a shameful reminder of slavery and segregation. In the past, several Southern states flew the Confederate battle flag along with the U.S. and state flags over their statehouses. Others incorporated the controversial symbol into the design of their state flags. The Confederate battle flag has also been appropriated by the Ku Klux Klan and other racist hate groups. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols.

Bonnie
03-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Interesting blog article I found when searching for what the Confederate flag stood for. Here's this person's view...

http://12angrymen.wordpress.com/2007/05/01/the-true-meaning-of-the-confederate-flag/

The True Meaning of the Confederate Flag
Posted by Angry Midwesterner, May 1, 2007

Hear the Northern thunders mutter!
Northern flags in South winds flutter!
To arms ! To arms! To arms, in Dixie!
Send them back your fierce defiance!
Stamp upon the accursed alliance!
To arms ! To arms! To arms, in Dixie!

Advance the flag of Dixie
Hurrah! Hurrah!
For Dixie’s land we take our stand,
And live or die for Dixie!
To Arms! To Arms!
And conquer peace for Dixie
To Arms! To Arms
And conquer peace for Dixie

The Battle Flag of the Confederacy, quite possibly one of the most controversial symbols of our times. Often maligned, often praised, often misnamed (it is not, in fact, the flag of the Confederate States of America, that honor lies with the Stars and Bars), it has once again reached the national foreground thanks to the recent debates in South Carolina. During the debates Senator Obama was asked where was an appropriate place for the flag (which currently graces the front lawn of the Capitol in Columbia). He replied, “In a museum.”

I have to applaud Obama’s stance on the issue, especially since he was very clear about where he stood, but I am left wondering why my presidential favorite wants to retire the Battle Flag. His statements have generated a lot of support and controversy, and already many bloggers are using this as a chance to reexamine the old issue of what exactly the Battle Flag stands for. Unfortunately some are repeating the same baseless accusations of racism.

I’ve known many people who have flown the Battle Flag, and none of them are racist. The entire State of Mississippi has been flying it over all of their government buildings since 1894. Texas flies the Stars and Bars at every governmental building as well (along with the other five flags to have flown over Texas). The reason behind the desire to honor symbols of the Confederacy is not racism. It instead stems from a regional identity and the noble notions of state sovereignty. These feelings of regional unity are only strengthened by the poor economic situation in many Southern states, and the sense they have that they suffer in poverty while the Northern states enjoy prosperity. It is understandable as well, only one Southern state makes the top ten ranks for average personal income, and then only comes in at 9th. Meanwhile, half of the states in the lowest ten ranks of personal income are in the South. Add to this economic stagnation and decay and you have a recipe for regional resentment.

The false notion that the Battle Flag must be a racist symbol is born of the mistaken belief that the Civil War was about slavery. This bit of propaganda has been repeated ever since President Lincoln and his political allies decided to “free the slaves” (in actuality Lincoln only freed those slaves in the Confederacy, slaves in Union states such as Maryland and West Virginia remained slaves). The truth, however, is plain to anyone who wishes to delve into the history, and the proof lies in the proposed Corwin Amendment of 1861. This amendment was proposed by Congressman Thomas Corwin (R) from Ohio and stated,

No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.

Prior to his election, Lincoln had voiced his support of the amendment. Like many politicians of his time, Lincoln believed in the preservation of the Union beyond all else. When the Bill was brought before the House seven states had already formally left the Union (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina) never the less the bill passed 133-65 and was forwarded to the Senate. In March of 1861 the Senate approved the bill 24-12. Both of these votes were from a Northern majority, seeing as most of the South had already left. Both the outgoing President, James Buchanan, and the newly elected Abraham Lincoln publicly endorsed the amendment. In fact, during Lincoln’s inaugural address he had this to say of the Corwin Amendment,

I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution–which amendment, however, I have not seen–has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service. To avoid misconstruction of what I have said, I depart from my purpose not to speak of particular amendments so far as to say that, holding such a provision to now be implied Constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.1

The amendment went on to be ratified by Ohio, Maryland, and then Illinois before the outbreak of the Civil War halted the process of adopting the new amendment. Now ask yourself, if the Civil War was really about slavery why didn’t the Corwin Amendment, already passed by the Federal Legislature and well on its way to ratification (given the three free states which had ratified it, and the 15 slave states which would as well, only four more states would have needed to ratify it), end the conflict? The Northern states had already compromised on slavery. The truth is that the Civil War was not about slavery, it just became popular to create propaganda to make it seem so because it gave the Union an image of moral superiority.

Despite these facts, I still oppose the use of the Confederate Flag and applaud Obama’s statement. Not because the flag is racist, but because flying it, especially on government property, is treason. The Confederate flag represents a nation which declared open war on the United States and attempted to do her harm. No matter what the basis of the original grievances, flying that flag now suggests a willingness to rebel against the United States of America, and suggests a certain disloyalty towards our nation. As such it is a treasonous act and one to be held in contempt. The symbols of the defeated CSA should be relegated to museums for future generations to learn about, and they should be retired from active use. Private use is a matter of free speech and should be protected, but public use by a government should be considered a high crime against our Union.

Neezar
03-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Very interesting read, Bonnie. Thanks for sharing. :)

Bonnie
03-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Very interesting read, Bonnie. Thanks for sharing. :)

Your welcome. :)

I really think from some of the articles I've been reading about the civil war (thanks to this thread :laugh:) that for these southern states their right to secede from the union was bigger than just the slavery issue. The rebel or confederate flag was adopted to distinguish themselves from the Union.

It's understandable how the flag came to be associated almost exclusively with slavery and why it stirs up so much negative emotion especially with all these extremist groups using it as a symbol for their own agendas. I'm from the south and when I see it, I can't help but make that connection. :wink:

You know the other day that Baptist group from Kansas, the one that protests our fallen soldiers' funerals, among others, had their right to do so upheld. I wonder if they realize the irony that the very ones they often protest are the ones who die to protect their right to do so. Even though I don't like how they choose to use that freedom, I definitely want that right as well as all others preserved and protected.

Neezar
03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Your welcome. :)

I really think from some of the articles I've been reading about the civil war (thanks to this thread :laugh:) that for these southern states their right to secede from the union was bigger than just the slavery issue. The rebel or confederate flag was adopted to distinguish themselves from the Union.

It's understandable how the flag came to be associated almost exclusively with slavery and why it stirs up so much negative emotion especially with all these extremist groups using it as a symbol for their own agendas. I'm from the south and when I see it, I can't help but make that connection. :wink:

You know the other day that Baptist group from Kansas, the one that protests our fallen soldiers' funerals, among others, had their right to do so upheld. I wonder if they realize the irony that the very ones they often protest are the ones who die to protect their right to do so. Even though I don't like how they choose to use that freedom, I definitely want that right as well as all others preserved and protected.

Me, too. They are a great example in this thread. In the past I would have been all for this guy. But if I defended him then I would have to agree it only fair to also allow things like this also.

Spiritwalker
03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Well...... that's not quite what I meant. You can look at it either way... just because he can have the sticker doesn't mean he should. The question is: When do we let our right to self expression take precedent over other peoples feelings? It's a tough call either way.

I got you... I had a feeling I was taking it in the opposite direction..

Bonnie
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Me, too. They are a great example in this thread. In the past I would have been all for this guy. But if I defended him then I would have to agree it only fair to also allow things like this also.

I completely understand. :cool: Instead of us looking at it as defending people or things like this, maybe it would be easier to look at it as defending our right to be able to speak. Because if someone were to tell me to shut up, I would feel compelled to tell them, "If I can't speak, you can't speak." :wink: Sometimes being fair sucks! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
i am still wondering why 500 extremist groups have adopted the confederate cross as one of their symbols ...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-08-2011, 06:20 PM
i am still wondering why 500 extremist groups have adopted the confederate cross as one of their symbols ...

Cause there's alot of idiots that have very little knowledge of history! So they seize up on a certain Flag and pervert it into something it ain't. Idiots will misrepresent anything!

bradwright
03-09-2011, 03:33 AM
So we should only fight for our freedoms when it is convenient for us or when it doesn't actually require any sacrifice on our part?

well if its just a sacrifice on your part then i say knock yourself out...but if its a sacrifice for your children so you can exercise your right to fight for your freedoms,then i say put food on the table and a roof over their heads and then knock yourself out.

my point was he has an obligation to his children and that obligation should never be over ridden by his desire to accessorize his truck.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 05:03 AM
well if its just a sacrifice on your part then i say knock yourself out...but if its a sacrifice for your children so you can exercise your right to fight for your freedoms,then i say put food on the table and a roof over their heads and then knock yourself out.

my point was he has an obligation to his children and that obligation should never be over ridden by his desire to accessorize his truck.

Then he'd tach his kids that when things get tough give up. I think the kids would learn a better lesson on standing up for what you believe in than th eguy giving in to tryanny. If the founders had an attiotude like that we'd all be like Dave and be British :)

County Mike
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Then he'd tach his kids that when things get tough give up. I think the kids would learn a better lesson on standing up for what you believe in than th eguy giving in to tryanny. If the founders had an attiotude like that we'd all be like Dave and be British :)

Or he might be teaching them that some fights can be fought without giving up everything you own.

Or maybe that some fights aren't worth losing everything you own, just to prove a point. If he loses his house and his kids go hungry, did he REALLY show anybody his true passion about what he believe in or did he just become a homeless bum while the world continues around him, same as always.

bradwright
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM

so its better for his kids to possibly go hungry and have no roof over their head then to take the flag off his truck and keep his job.:unsure-1:

the only thing that will teach the kids is...Dads an ass****.
but thats not a bad thing to learn early...at least they will know where they fit in on daddys priority list.

Spiritwalker
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Sorry.. I fail to see the "tryanny" in this at all. School Grounds.. School Rules.. it's not just applying to him.

now if the confederate flag was banned.. but say.. the NAACP had an "on campus office"... then I could see some tyranny

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Or he might be teaching them that some fights can be fought without giving up everything you own.

Or maybe that some fights aren't worth losing everything you own, just to prove a point. If he loses his house and his kids go hungry, did he REALLY show anybody his true passion about what he believe in or did he just become a homeless bum while the world continues around him, same as always.

Agree 100%

Chris F
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Again it is a north south thng. The South is willing to give it all up while you Yankees are more than content to sit and whine and not do a thing about it.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Sorry.. I fail to see the "tryanny" in this at all. School Grounds.. School Rules.. it's not just applying to him.

now if the confederate flag was banned.. but say.. the NAACP had an "on campus office"... then I could see some tyranny

You would not see it if it were flashing neon in front of you but that is another thread.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
so its better for his kids to possibly go hungry and have no roof over their head then to take the flag off his truck and keep his job.:unsure-1:

but thats not a bad thing to learn early...at least they will know where they fit in on daddys priority list.

:laugh: you are clueless man. You have no idea what it means to have heart or passion in a belief do you. Not surprised when thing get tough you bury your head.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Agree 100%

Of course you do you are a yankee :laugh:

flo
03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Again it is a north south thng. The South is willing to give it all up while you Yankees are more than content to sit and whine and not do a thing about it.

What a load of @#$$%^&.

Where the heck do you get off personally insulting so many people here on the forums?

Get some professional help.

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
What a load of @#$$%^&.

Where the heck do you get off personally insulting so many people here on the forums?

He's always been like that. Its a good job he's American and not British...He'd never make it in British Politics, nor British Professional Wrestling either :laugh:

Besides...I was under the impression that Pastor Chris has been political in a NORTHERN State. Since when did he suddenly become a Confederate :blink::laugh:

Best off to ignore him, and hope he goes away, post around him, but not too him, and dont take anything he says to heart, because he doesnt know a whole lot, except how to really rub people the wrong way and do nothing but upset everyone.

Twinsmama
03-09-2011, 07:35 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: sad and mean to say but funny and probably partially true

i'm as southern as they come and i would not let my children suffer because of something i could have avoided. there is no reason that he couldn't have taken the flag down and continued to fight with them about it.

You would not see it if it were flashing neon in front of you but that is another thread.
:laugh: you are clueless man. You have no idea what it means to have heart or passion in a belief do you. Not surprised when thing get tough you bury your head.
your above comment made me think you were from the south but real southerners were raised with manners and are polite. those were pretty rude comments.

Neezar
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I was going to delete Chris' comments but maybe it is good to be reminded of people's true colors sometimes.

flo
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
He's always been like that. Its a good job he's American and not British...He'd never make it in British Politics, nor British Professional Wrestling either :laugh:

Besides...I was under the impression that Pastor Chris has been political in a NORTHERN State. Since when did he suddenly become a Confederate :blink::laugh:

Best off to ignore him, and hope he goes away, post around him, but not too him, and dont take anything he says to heart, because he doesnt know a whole lot, except how to really rub people the wrong way and do nothing but upset everyone.

Thanks, I'll follow your advice.

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
I was going to delete Chris' comments but maybe it is good to be reminded of people's true colors sometimes.

I think its good that various forum patrons have taken him to task. its always pleasent to see that quite aside from any Moderators, the general population of the forum is berating him for bad manners and cruel comments.

Tyburn
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM

:ashamed: your welcome :laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
What a load of @#$$%^&.

I agree!!!! And it's not because I'm a Yankee. It's because you CLEARLY NEED professional help.

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM

It seems to me that he has a HEART and a PASSION for his family!

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM

i'm as southern as they come and i would not let my children suffer because of something i could have avoided. there is no reason that he couldn't have taken the flag down and continued to fight with them about it.

your above comment made me think you were from the south but real southerners were raised with manners and are polite. those were pretty rude comments.

+1

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:41 PM

Missouri is not Northern Dave and I wrestled several brits and they were great guys and put on a great show. But ignoring me does not help. I will ocmment when needed and be silent when I choose to. And I needed a good laugh with you severly asinie comment that I do not know a lot . that was funnier than Flo's comment. Dave I know more than you ever will about most things so go play with your birdies and let the big people talk.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
What a load of @#$$%^&.

The only comment that could be seen as insulting was towrads spiritwalker and he knows I like to rib him on here. SO unless you think yankee is a deragatory name you really shoul sit back and relax before you blow a gasket. I do not need the help at all. The cowards who would rather be silent and keep the peace need to have thier heads checked

Miss Foxy
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
The only comment that could be seen as insulting was towrads spiritwalker and he knows I like to rib him on here. SO unless you think yankee is a deragatory name you really shoul sit back and relax before you blow a gasket. I do not need the help at all. The cowards who would rather be silent and keep the peace need to have thier heads checked

Just because some people don't make arses outta themselves doesn't mean they are cowards.. Really Chris you have gone too far and I am starting to realize you are a bit too much and before you blow your head up due to high blood pressure relax and go for a walk and realize how YOU personally have attacked people and everyone has a right to defend themselves or others!:angry: I am not attacking you I just wanna speak it to you. I know when I am acting a fool I have people here that CARE enough to bring me back down to earth. Please join us!

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM

i'm as southern as they come and i would not let my children suffer because of something i could have avoided. there is no reason that he couldn't have taken the flag down and continued to fight with them about it. Well if you are form the South if your ancestors did that and sat and did nothing thna maybe there war for independece could have been avoided. You need a history lesson TM. The South fought because all the tlaking got them nowhere. Stop reading yankee propaganda and really look into your cultures past if you really are Southron!!!!!

your above comment made me think you were from the south but real southerners were raised with manners and are polite. those were pretty rude comments. The only ocmment that was even close to being rude was at spiritwalker and that was all in fun. we rag on each other all the time and for me I never take his stuff personal and I am sure he is big enough not to take my ribs as anything personal either. And if he did he would PM and let me know and I would no doubt apologize.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM

PM Neezar what on earth you thought was so bad that I said. I have read stuff much worse from you, NateR, and Mark before on here. It is not my fault some people lack the guts to stand firm for what they belive in. Thanks God none of them were around when we went to war with Dave's people to become the USA. Tahn we'd just sit and talk them into submission all along the tyranny would continue.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Won;t do not good :)

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I think its good that various forum patrons have taken him to task. its always pleasent to see that quite aside from any Moderators, the general population of the forum is berating him for bad manners and cruel comments.

Yeah I feel so berated I think I am going to get off now and :cry: NOT!!!!

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
It seems to me that he has a HEART and a PASSION for his family!

Well it is not his fault entirely. Today's American public schools teach boys to whine like women all the time.

Chris F
03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Just because some people don't make arses outta themselves doesn't mean they are cowards.. Really Chris you have gone too far and I am starting to realize you are a bit too much and before you blow your head up due to high blood pressure relax and go for a walk and realize how YOU personally have attacked people and everyone has a right to defend themselves or others!:angry: I am not attacking you I just wanna speak it to you. I know when I am acting a fool I have people here that CARE enough to bring me back down to earth. Please join us!

Earth is no fun Foxy. If they want to keep silent and talk about their feeling and what not than good that is their right. But to talk like this guy is in the worng is horse poo. They are just jealous they lack the intestinal fortitude to be half the man he is standing up for what is right. BTW my BP is bad but no because of this. I am actually happy a a clam right now.

rearnakedchoke
03-09-2011, 10:01 PM
jeez ... and i was threatened with banning or sanctions for being "condescending" .. LOL

Chris F
03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
jeez ... and i was threatened with banning or sanctions for being "condescending" .. LOL

I can't count the time I was placed on sanctions and such on both hands RNC. They get onto me all the time. The problem is they know it would be hypocritical because all the mods at one time or another have been condescending rude and insulting. It is the site and if they want ot ban me I am fine with that it is there house so it is there rules. But know this everyone of them is equally culpably no doubt about it. Just look at Dave's snooty comment a couple of pages back.

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Well it is not his fault entirely. Today's American public schools teach boys to whine like women all the time.

I was waiting for it........and you didn't disappoint.:wink:

VERY predictable...........and weak and lame............oh and insulting.........

:wink:

Chris F
03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I was waiting for it........and you didn't disappoint.:wink:

VERY predictable...........and weak and lame............oh and insulting.........

:wink:

No I did it on purpose just for you. I know it has been the point of contention between you and and for the last several years. But sadly it is true. From mandatory sensitivity training in some districts to the fact some many men have dropped the ball and left a women to raise the kids alone we have an epidemic on our hands and the next generation of males are effeminate to say the least. But you may think it was insulting but it is true. The school have done a lot to demasculineize the males they are attempting to educate.

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM
No I did it on purpose just for you. I know it has been the point of contention between you and and for the last several years. But sadly it is true. From mandatory sensitivity training in some districts to the fact some many men have dropped the ball and left a women to raise the kids alone we have an epidemic on our hands and the next generation of males are effeminate to say the least. But you may think it was insulting but it is true. The school have done a lot to demasculineize the males they are attempting to educate.

I know you did it on purpose............that was the whole "predictable" part. You ALWAYS try to get me angry by saying stuff about public schools.

And the "insulting" part was when you stated that public schools teach men to "whine like women."

I don't think I do HALF of the whining and complaining that you do.............

oh wait.........didn't you say that YOU went to a public school?!?!?

I guess you ARE right then..............:wink: Well I'll be darned!

Bonnie
03-10-2011, 01:36 AM

Well, then it's really not his fault 'cause he's from Canada! :laugh:

I know you did it on purpose............that was the whole "predictable" part. You ALWAYS try to get me angry by saying stuff about public schools.

And the "insulting" part was when you stated that public schools teach men to "whine like women."

I know, what's up with some of the guys on here, Donna? :irked: First, Kentucky talking about "females lying on their backs to get extra credit" in another thread and now Chris with "whine like women"! :muttering:

I'm getting a distinct impression women aren't thought of too highly by some on here. :thumbsdown:

County Mike
03-10-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm getting a distinct impression women aren't thought of too highly by some on here. :thumbsdown:

Oh, just be a good girl and go make me a sandwich.

County Mike
03-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Earth is no fun Foxy.

You must be hanging out in the wrong parts because I have a blast.

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 01:57 AM

Then show me.. he broke the rules.. and paid the price.. sounds to me like your a closet liberal....

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 02:29 AM

No I don't know that....
You are being intentionally insulting to many people with your broad strokes...

You make many claims yet do not back them up....

You insult many with your comments on public schools and women (lately)...

I insult Dave personally .. when he ticks me off...and I often find myself agreeing with some of what he has to say... but if we ever met.. who knows how we would really get on... You on the other hand.... with comments that you make...it's really sad if you think that way... but honestly not surprising...

think about that... as much CRAP as I give Dave... and it's ALOT.. (he's still young and has some more life to live IMO...)... I would still probably get along with him in small doses... but probably not you....

I love that you make comment of being a professional wrestler... too bad you couldn't make it to the "big leagues" such as Ohio Valley Wrestling...

I guess the tyranny here would be all the peoples looking at you and calling you out...

Chris F
03-10-2011, 03:13 AM
No I don't know that....
You are being intentionally insulting to many people with your broad strokes...

You make many claims yet do not back them up....

You insult many with your comments on public schools and women (lately)...

I insult Dave personally .. when he ticks me off...and I often find myself agreeing with some of what he has to say... but if we ever met.. who knows how we would really get on... You on the other hand.... with comments that you make...it's really sad if you think that way... but honestly not surprising...

think about that... as much CRAP as I give Dave... and it's ALOT.. (he's still young and has some more life to live IMO...)... I would still probably get along with him in small doses... but probably not you....

I love that you make comment of being a professional wrestler... too bad you couldn't make it to the "big leagues" such as Ohio Valley Wrestling...

I guess the tyranny here would be all the peoples looking at you and calling you out...

Well I am sorry my sarcasm did not come acroos to you . I will attempt to be more obvious next time :)

OVW did not exisit when I wrestled. I did do 1 big leauge show. I jobbed to Earthquake in the WWE (WWF) many moons back.

The tyranny is forcing someone to give up there rights to make others who are sensitive be happy. He will win this case easily and then he can tell them the what hows.

As for my personality well that served me well in pro wrestling but my black and white personality does not sit well with people who love to live in the grey. People either love me or hate and that is the way I like it. My friends know I will defend them to my death and I suspect they would do the same for me. I am a really nice person once you get to know me personally. But when it come to political and religious debates I pull no punches for anyone. Have a good night

Chris F
03-10-2011, 03:16 AM

:laugh: now you gopt the hang of it. Thats the spirit. I am really not trying ot make you angry at all. I am just pushing button to get you to think. I am sorry if it did anger you I found it funny and I guess you didn't. sorry I asumed since your sicilian you'd have a thicker skin. I am really sorry.:sad:

Chris F
03-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Well, then it's really not his fault 'cause he's from Canada! :laugh:
:):) that is funny than. I had forgot all about that

I know, what's up with some of the guys on here, Donna? :irked: First, Kentucky talking about "females lying on their backs to get extra credit" in another thread and now Chris with "whine like women"! :muttering:Sorry :sad:

Bonnie we all love the girls around here. Maybe my choice of words were nto the best I just wanted to get a point across

Neezar
03-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Earth is no fun Foxy. If they want to keep silent and talk about their feeling and what not than good that is their right. But to talk like this guy is in the worng is horse poo. They are just jealous they lack the intestinal fortitude to be half the man he is standing up for what is right. BTW my BP is bad but no because of this. I am actually happy a a clam right now.

The man lied. He became an employee, hence agreeing to their terms and conditions. The man must not have any intergrity or he would keep his word.

bradwright
03-10-2011, 04:24 AM

if you mean by clueless that i put my families needs before my own needs...then yes...i am clueless.

as for you Chris,you seem very bitter and angry much of the time...you easily could have an undetected ailment of some sort thats causing you to be that way.
you really should go to the doctor and get him to run some tests.

if you are lucky you might just find out whats wrong and get treatment before its to late.

DonnaMaria
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
what the heck was this thread about again?!:blink:

oh wait...........American public schools, right? And whimpy men.

and.............neon signs..........:huh:

DonnaMaria
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
oh ...........and how Canadians should be banned...............

I think I got it all now!:)

Rev
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
WHAT?!?!

We are banning Canadians and I wasnt involved?!?!?
Who did this?!?! I am to be notified before anyone starts to give the Canucks a hard time so I can join in!!! This is common knowledge!!!

GOSH!!!!!

Rev
03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Holy cow! I just read through this thread and yall have covered some serious ground!!

I am as southern as one can possibly be without speaking some form of spanish, and I want it to be known that I would never let my family do without just because i had a pride issue. Just saying.

rearnakedchoke
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
oh ...........and how Canadians should be banned...............

I think I got it all now!:)

no no .. that was the other thread ...

rearnakedchoke
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
WHAT?!?!

We are banning Canadians and I wasnt involved?!?!?
Who did this?!?! I am to be notified before anyone starts to give the Canucks a hard time so I can join in!!! This is common knowledge!!!

GOSH!!!!!

don't worry brah ... you didn't miss anything ... us canucks make sure you are involved in any ousting that will happen ...

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM

and your an idiot!! no smilies, you really are.

Chris F
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The man lied. He became an employee, hence agreeing to their terms and conditions. The man must not have any intergrity or he would keep his word.

How did he lie. I did not read anything baout that. Please link the lie info please.

Chris F
03-10-2011, 04:57 PM
if you mean by clueless that i put my families needs before my own needs...then yes...i am clueless.

as for you Chris,you seem very bitter and angry much of the time...you easily could have an undetected ailment of some sort thats causing you to be that way.
you really should go to the doctor and get him to run some tests.

if you are lucky you might just find out whats wrong and get treatment before its to late.

I know what my issue is. I cannot stand people without any convictions. What you all have said is fine and dnady. But what if they next wanted to tell all employees they cannot have fish emblems because that is an offense. Or you cannot have a bible in on your dash. People need to learn to satnd for something or they will fall for anything.

Chris F
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
what the heck was this thread about again?!:blink:

oh wait...........American public schools, right? And whimpy men.

and.............neon signs..........:huh:

Nope it is about whinny Yankees and convictionless blobs of matter and neon signs :)

Chris F
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Holy cow! I just read through this thread and yall have covered some serious ground!!

I am as southern as one can possibly be without speaking some form of spanish, and I want it to be known that I would never let my family do without just because i had a pride issue. Just saying.

Well Rev what if they next said take your fish emblem off or your bible and put it in a lock box or something else. If there were set rules and he agreed knowing those rules were there then he is in the wrong, but if they are making him take it down because of their prejudice than they are in the wrong and his family will be just fine because as a Southron man you know we take care of our own when they are doing the right thing. But what we don;t like are yellow bellies who fold like a card table when the heat is on.

Chris F
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
and your an idiot!! no smilies, you really are.

Don;t worry man if an Ad Hominem is the best you got you might as well move north and join the other Yankees. You sir must be a copperhead. Also thanks for proving my point that insults are tolerated whenever the mods agree with you. If it was really an issue a mod should have the integrity to say PM him that he is an idiot. But my guess is you have no issue seeing your own faults in others now do you?

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Don;t worry man if an Ad Hominem is the best you got you might as well move north and join the other Yankees. You sir must be a copperhead. Also thanks for proving my point that insults are tolerated whenever the mods agree with you. If it was really an issue a mod should have the integrity to say PM him that he is an idiot. But my guess is you have no issue seeing your own faults in others now do you?

the mods run the show, if they want to delete anything i post im 100% ok with it. this is matts house not mine.

and your still an idiot, no point in arguing with an idiot.

rearnakedchoke
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
in before mod name calling warning .. LOL

Chris F
03-10-2011, 05:41 PM
the mods run the show, if they want to delete anything i post im 100% ok with it. this is matts house not mine.

and your still an idiot, no point in arguing with an idiot.

Because you know you'd loose because I am an educated idiot with a pitbull like set of convictions. If you had nay real logic to offer you would have and I'd be proven wrong. Problem is to many here argue out of emotion and not out of reason or logic, myself included. The fact is if this guy was wornged he should stand up fo rhis beliefs. If he was wrong and they had rules he should zip his mouth and get back to work.

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Because you know you'd loose because I am an educated idiot with a pitbull like set of convictions. If you had nay real logic to offer you would have and I'd be proven wrong. Problem is to many here argue out of emotion and not out of reason or logic, myself included. The fact is if this guy was wornged he should stand up fo rhis beliefs. If he was wrong and they had rules he should zip his mouth and get back to work.

your argument doesn't make you and idiot, your presentation does.

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM
im all for standing up for what you believe in and fighting for whats right. this guy could have took the flag down kept his job and then fought to have the right to put it back up.

mission accomplished and he don't have to sell his velvet Elvis to feed the kids.

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
If he was wrong and they had rules he should zip his mouth and get back to work.

Which is what happened... had you taken the time to look into it...you would not have been off on a rant....

"We have a policy," he added. "It's about displaying symbols on school property that were racist, or had a potential to be seen as racist might be a better way to say that."

and

Courts have upheld the right of schools to limit display of the Confederate flag on their property. Last November, the Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the right of a Tennessee school district to suspend a student for wearing a T-shirt and belt buckle bearing the image of the Confederate battle flag.

his response...

While I LOVE pitbulls... I have had two.. and now have a third... they can be rather hard headed single minded animals.. I have a shepard and two yorkies (the wife's dogs).. that were super easy to train.. my pitbulls... take a lot more work for the same results...they have a rather narrow scope .. so comparing your mind set to a pitbull is rather apt.. but insulting to pitbulls...

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
mission accomplished and he don't have to sell his velvet Elvis to feed the kids.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chris F
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
im all for standing up for what you believe in and fighting for whats right. this guy could have took the flag down kept his job and then fought to have the right to put it back up.

LOL I see and respect your point, just not willing to cave in like that. SOrta liek the Aaron Tippin song "got to stand for something" one part says we could have had more if daddy done a little more backing down. Sure they could have more if he backed down but than they would not learn to stand up for what is right. So if I had to loose elvis to make a point I would and I have been there. I lost a job for refusing to lie for the owners and it cost us a lot. Sure I could have told the lie kept my job making a lott more money but I would have no integrity. If more people would fight than maybe we would not have such a weak America we have today.

Chris F
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Which is what happened... had you taken the time to look into it...you would not have been off on a rant....

and

his response...

While I LOVE pitbulls... I have had two.. and now have a third... they can be rather hard headed single minded animals.. I have a shepard and two yorkies (the wife's dogs).. that were super easy to train.. my pitbulls... take a lot more work for the same results...they have a rather narrow scope .. so comparing your mind set to a pitbull is rather apt.. but insulting to pitbulls...

A policy cannot circumvent ones constitutional right. The only way their policy can be enforced is if they did not allow ANY images on vechiles in their parking lot. So quit being an uneductaed fool and learn a little more civics. Secodnly the court of appeal ar ejust that appeals. They have been overturned many times by the SCOTUS on similar issues. SO that 2 things you need to educate yourself on. And the rest of your asinie comments do nto merit a response. Better to be a dumb dog than a foolish jackass such as yourself.

Spiritwalker
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
If more people would fight than maybe we would not have such a weak America we have today.

Sorry you think the US is weak... It's not.

Neezar
03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Chris, you do nothing but ridicule, diminish and trivialize other people's opinion. ALL the time.

I may have to start editing your posts again.

Neezar
03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
A policy cannot circumvent ones constitutional right.

He agreed to the policy. Nothing to do with the constitution.

Would you defend him if he was fighting to fly a flag with a naked woman on it? Or a curse word?

You don't believe that one has the freedom to curse in a restaurant but should be able to fly an offensive flag. Even us uneducated people recognize the hypocrisy in that.

Rev
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Well Rev what if they next said take your fish emblem off or your bible and put it in a lock box or something else. If there were set rules and he agreed knowing those rules were there then he is in the wrong, but if they are making him take it down because of their prejudice than they are in the wrong and his family will be just fine because as a Southron man you know we take care of our own when they are doing the right thing. But what we don;t like are yellow bellies who fold like a card table when the heat is on.

I understand what you are saying bro about convictions, but I'm not as connected to that flag as I am my Bible. This isnt about someone challenging his spirituality or his Christian convictions. This is about a symbol that some people look at as racist(No good reason for it however). I am very stuck on my convictions but I have learned to choose the hills that I am willing to die for and only one flag fall into that category. Im not folding, I'm just deciding not to stretch myself so thin so that when it comes time to fight for something that I feel is REALLY worth it, I have all my strength and witts. You Feel Me?

Chris F
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
He agreed to the policy. Nothing to do with the constitution.

Would you defend him if he was fighting to fly a flag with a naked woman on it? Or a curse word?

You don't believe that one has the freedom to curse in a restaurant but should be able to fly an offensive flag. Even us uneducated people recognize the hypocrisy in that.

The policy is unconstitutional if it bans only certain things. A school distirct should be smarter than that to write a better policy but what do you expect from the public school system. I would defend even what I disagree with when it comes to a persons right. In a resturant that is private property and they should dictate the atmosophere they want in their place of buisness. The man truck is his property and he should dictate the decor. No hypocrisy just common sense which you seem to ignore jus so you can try to be right. Had they had a policy banning all automotive decals and such that yes he is in the wrong 100%. People perception cannot be legislated. If they think it is racist is irrelevant to the facts. The fact is, it is a simnple flag with meaning to him. What if I find the Ameircan flag to be racist since it flew over America for over 100years of slavery? Hmmm See the asinie logic behind their policy? Probably not you are to worried about finding a way to show me worng. That's ok not an issue. Have a great day!

Rev
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
don't worry brah ... you didn't miss anything ... us canucks make sure you are involved in any ousting that will happen ...

That is so sweet!!
Thanks dude. Thanks for looking out.:wink::happydancing:

Chris F
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I understand what you are saying bro about convictions, but I'm not as connected to that flag as I am my Bible. This isnt about someone challenging his spirituality or his Christian convictions. This is about a symbol that some people look at as racist(No good reason for it however). I am very stuck on my convictions but I have learned to choose the hills that I am willing to die for and only one flag fall into that category. Im not folding, I'm just deciding not to stretch myself so thin so that when it comes time to fight for something that I feel is REALLY worth it, I have all my strength and witts. You Feel Me?

I do man and I prefer to stop them now before they try our bibles!

BamaGrits84
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow I just spend 15 minutes of my day trying to figure out how this topic has 14 pages and I still don't know.

BamaGrits84
03-10-2011, 08:08 PM

This would be a worthy fight. A Confederate flag for a guy that has no Southern heritage is not. We have to pick our battles.

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM

how do you feel about the nut jobs getting the OK to protest at military funerals?

BamaGrits84
03-10-2011, 08:30 PM
how do you feel about the nut jobs getting the OK to protest at military funerals?

I know you are not talking to me, but these people sicken me! Can we as real Christians get together and protest them falsely repping OUR God? Maybe we could sue them for slander on His behalf...

Chuck
03-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I know you weren't asking me but I think they should have the right to do so. It's disgusting to me, but they have that right. Just like burning the flag. Unforgivable in my eyes, but withing their rights.

I know you are not talking to me, but these people sicken me! Can we as real Christians get together and protest them falsely repping OUR God? Maybe we could sue them for slander on His behalf...

I belong to a motorcycle group called the Patriot Guard Riders and in a sense, that's exactly what we do. :) The PGR was formed in direct opposition to that group.

Twinsmama
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM

this is kind of off topic but exactly what do you mean when you say "his family will be just fine because as a southern man you know we take care of our own when they are doing the right thing"

does that mean you are going to help support his family because he did the right thing? to me being fine would mean having a roof over my kids head and food for them to eat. i would much rather take the flag down, argue it out with them and hope i get to fly it again...all along my kids not having to go through the struggles of being financially strapped. to me being "fine" is not having to depend on others to support you and help you out in a financially hard situation you could have avoided.

i also wouldn't have lied to keep a job. to me that is a moral issue. flying a flag is not. flying the flag or not is not going to change who he is or what he believes. i think anyone should be able to fly anything they want as long as it is not vulgar. but the school had rules and he has to follow them.

TENNESSEAN
03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
im thinking of starting a group. im going to call it THE KICK FRED PHELPS A** FOUNDATION.

i would raise money to cover legal cost for anyone who kicks his A** and i would be the first recipient. anyone want to cover my legal expenses if i go kick his A**?

Miss Foxy
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
im thinking of starting a group. im going to call it THE KICK FRED PHELPS A** FOUNDATION.

i would raise money to cover legal cost for anyone who kicks his A** and i would be the first recipient. anyone want to cover my legal expenses if i go kick his A**?

I got your back!! I will be the Bonnie to this situation.

DonnaMaria
03-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Wow I just spend 15 minutes of my day trying to figure out how this topic has 14 pages and I still don't know.

I thought I knew.......but now I'm not so sure..........:blink:

but it's definitely about public education.......and Canadians........

and how both should be banned...........

AND..........a neon sign.........and girly men......

( actually that might also be a reference to the Canadians........:mellow: )

and women who drink too much wine.............

and a truck.........I think........

and a guy who is ultimately going to sue a school board........

but I might be wrong..........

since I AM a Yankee AND a public school teacher..........:arrowthruhead: and a wine drinking woman

County Mike
03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I thought it was about Chris sacrificing the well being of his family to prove a point.

Miss Foxy
03-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought it was about Chris sacrificing the well being of his family to prove a point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcP4MWABGY

BamaGrits84
03-10-2011, 11:42 PM

since I AM a Yankee AND a public school teacher..........:arrowthruhead: and a wine drinking woman

And funeral protesters..wait was that even in this topic? oh crap they are all starting to run together now...:huh:

TexasRN
03-10-2011, 11:58 PM

That all adds up to make this thread a COUNTRY SONG!!!! :happydancing:

~Amy

flo
03-10-2011, 11:59 PM

I agree that they have the right to do that.

And while they are exercising that right, I want Tennessean to be sure to wear his steel-toed boots during the a$$ kicking.

Sign me up for a dollar for both your foundation and defense fund. :happydancing:

flo
03-11-2011, 12:00 AM

+++

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Thats OK! I forgive you!:Whistle:

DonnaMaria
03-11-2011, 12:35 AM
That all adds up to make this thread a COUNTRY SONG!!!! :happydancing:

~Amy

And a damn good one too! Call up Hank Jr!:happydancing: We got a good one!

DonnaMaria
03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Thats OK! I forgive you!:Whistle:

Well I sure do appreciate that!!:wink::)

I can use all the support that I can get right about now!:laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Well I sure do appreciate that!!:wink::)

I can use all the support that I can get right about now!:laugh:

Welcome!

Spiritwalker
03-11-2011, 02:39 AM
A policy cannot circumvent ones constitutional right.

Sure it can.... a private or public company can set down "X" rule... as long as it is not illegal.. and "that's the rule".. you choose to work there.. be a part of that group... and you are choosing to abide by those rules.. just like the kid that was kicked off the basketball team for fooling around and having sex with his girlfriend...

The only way their policy can be enforced is if they did not allow ANY images on vechiles in their parking lot.

Sorry.. no...

So quit being an uneductaed fool and learn a little more civics.

I am alot of things.. but uneducated.. and a fool.. would be the least of them.. you on the other hand... I think your faking a lot... but whatever floats your "dingy"...

Secodnly the court of appeal ar ejust that appeals. They have been overturned many times by the SCOTUS on similar issues. SO that 2 things you need to educate yourself on. And the rest of your asinie comments do nto merit a response.

I am sorry.. I can't understand a word of that.. unless I copy and paste and apply a spell checker.. and I am the uneducated one.. funny that...

Better to be a dumb dog than a foolish jackass such as yourself.

I have never said you were dumb... but if you want to get personal... just let me know..

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:11 AM
This would be a worthy fight. A Confederate flag for a guy that has no Southern heritage is not. We have to pick our battles.

true enough but if we can win in Yankeeland we will not have to fight as hard in Dixie

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:12 AM

SCOTUS did a horrible job on that one but it does not keep us from amking their life hell whereever they go. Some are already doing that.

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I know you weren't asking me but I think they should have the right to do so. It's disgusting to me, but they have that right. Just like burning the flag. Unforgivable in my eyes, but withing their rights.

I belong to a motorcycle group called the Patriot Guard Riders and in a sense, that's exactly what we do. :) The PGR was formed in direct opposition to that group.

Thanks Chuck for doing that man. Veyr honorable for those who fought and gave all for us

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:15 AM
this is kind of off topic but exactly what do you mean when you say "his family will be just fine because as a southern man you know we take care of our own when they are doing the right thing"

does that mean you are going to help support his family because he did the right thing? to me being fine would mean having a roof over my kids head and food for them to eat. i would much rather take the flag down, argue it out with them and hope i get to fly it again...all along my kids not having to go through the struggles of being financially strapped. to me being "fine" is not having to depend on others to support you and help you out in a financially hard situation you could have avoided.

i also wouldn't have lied to keep a job. to me that is a moral issue. flying a flag is not. flying the flag or not is not going to change who he is or what he believes. i think anyone should be able to fly anything they want as long as it is not vulgar. but the school had rules and he has to follow them.

Can you post where he lied. I did nto see that and no one has showed me yet. If he lied that it is a moral issue and should not keep his job even if he is constitutionally correct

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM

Great idea. Sadly they are all attorneys and sue anyone who looks at them cross eyed.

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:18 AM

If I was correct and was being wronged you darn right I would give all and so would my family. I raised my kids to have convictions. God is our provider and our shield and we fear no man or governemnt.

Chris F
03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Sure it can.... a private or public company can set down "X" rule... as long as it is not illegal.. and "that's the rule".. you choose to work there.. be a part of that group... and you are choosing to abide by those rules.. just like the kid that was kicked off the basketball team for fooling around and having sex with his girlfriend...
Than you need a lesson in business because one cannot write a policy ever that circumvent their constitutional rights. That is just plain foolishness talking. You can make rule but they must be so broad that they do nto single one over another. And typically this is what people do. They bann everything to be safe. The school districe did not do this and this is why they will loose.

Sorry.. no...Cite your proof or shut up

I am alot of things.. but uneducated.. and a fool.. would be the least of them.. you on the other hand... I think your faking a lot... but whatever floats your "dingy"...Keep dreaming SW. From what I have seen here and your spates with Dave you think your opinions are gospel truth and have a hissy when someone else proves you wrong. SPare me the well so do you. Prove me wrong and we will talk,

I am sorry.. I can't understand a word of that.. unless I copy and paste and apply a spell checker.. and I am the uneducated one.. funny that...
See this is a great exmaple. Cowards need to use weak lazy arguments like this to porve a point because they got nothing. And you sir have nothing. So either prove a point or stop you whinning

I have never said you were dumb... but if you want to get personal... just let me know..
Nothing personal at all you compared me to an animal I returned the favor. If you can stand the heat then take your skirt out of the kitchen man. You dish it well enough so stop crying when it is given back.

Neezar
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Alright SpiritWalker, you get a 10 second reply and then this bad boy is locked! 1-2-3-GO!

Spiritwalker
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Than you need a lesson in business because one cannot write a policy ever that circumvent their constitutional rights.

No Sex before marriage.. seems pretty narrow of a rule to me... referring to the college...

The NAACP, NASCAR... The US Military... all have rules and regs that violate the Constitution.

Cite your proof or shut up

Like you have proven any of the garbage you spout... "highly educated.. " degrees..Bible study.. I bet you actually invented the Internet right?? what about the cup.. did you get your copywrite on the cup???

As far as prove it.. the policy in question said.. no racial images.. If the defining and governing group can reasonably discern that an image will provide for racial strife.. then .. there you go.. If the same group thought that the "don't worry be happy smiley face" was racial.. then .. guess what.. it's racial.. Right or wrong.. is another thing....

Keep dreaming SW. From what I have seen here and your spates with Dave you think your opinions are gospel truth and have a hissy when someone else proves you wrong. SPare me the well so do you. Prove me wrong and we will talk,

ermmm.. huh???? With a few exceptions.. I am hardly the person to say.."I am right and you are wrong"... Tyburn is another matter all together..

See this is a great exmaple. Cowards need to use weak lazy arguments like this to porve a point because they got nothing. And you sir have nothing. So either prove a point or stop you whinning

sorry.. you misunderstood.. I REALLY didn't understand a word of what you were saying.. your mispellings where over the top even for you.. and I just couldn't follow you at all...

Nothing personal at all you compared me to an animal I returned the favor. If you can stand the heat then take your skirt out of the kitchen man. You dish it well enough so stop crying when it is given back.

ermmm.. no... You compared yourself to an animal with your convictions

"Because you know you'd loose because I am an educated idiot with a pitbull like set of convictions. "

I merely pointed out that as much as I love pitbulls.. they can be as dumb as a post...

Get your facts straight, and stop being such a child.

Spiritwalker
03-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Alright SpiritWalker, you get a 10 second reply and then this bad boy is locked! 1-2-3-GO!

sorry.. took a bit longer than 10 seconds.

County Mike
03-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Not locked yet so I jump in, then back out.

Chris: I hope you never have to make a decision like that. If so, I feel really bad for your family, no matter how much you all think you're doing the right thing. Just remember, sometimes "the right thing" has more than one path.

Chuck
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad35/Squishy-Beaver/InBeforeLock.gif

VCURamFan
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
:happy0198:

http://assets.head-fi.org/c/ce/ce56dd91_in_before_lock.gif

Neezar
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM

:happy0198: