PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Rushmore

DonnaMaria
03-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Anyone seen it? Been there? Done that?:laugh: Interested in seeing it? Not?

I went back in November and it was an awesome trip. The monument and the land around it. Beautiful.

It was something I never expected to see but I feel blessed to have had the chance!

I bet Nate would take some amazing pictures. The pics that I took with my below average camera were incredible! :laugh:

Post pics if you have them! I'm curious.

rearnakedchoke
03-05-2011, 01:22 AM

I went back in November and it was an awesome trip. The monument and the land around it. Beautiful.

It was something I never expected to see but I feel blessed to have had the chance!

I bet Nate would take some amazing pictures. The pics that I took with my below average camera were incredible! :laugh:

i always wondering if it is going through erosion problems and such ... i will do a search to see if it is protected or sealed in anyway ..

DonnaMaria
03-05-2011, 01:28 AM
One pic with George in the background..........gotta find the others.......

rockdawg21
03-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Only in photos, huhuhu!!!!!:sad::sad:

cubsfan47
03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
There's an old Hitchcock movie which features the monument as a key plot element in a way that made me want to see it.(No I won't give it away.)

There was a Discovery Channel special about it too. It detailed the maintenance which is being done to preserve it.
What was really amazing was learning that they used dynamite to help sculpt it.:cool:

Tyburn
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
No...I have heard of it. Big Presidential Faces carved into a cliff side...but I dont even know where it is...and it doesnt interest me to be honnest. :ashamed:

DonnaMaria
03-06-2011, 03:47 AM
There's an old Hitchcock movie which features the monument as a key plot element in a way that made me want to see it.(No I won't give it away.)

There was a Discovery Channel special about it too. It detailed the maintenance which is being done to preserve it.
What was really amazing was learning that they used dynamite to help sculpt it.:cool:

North By Northwest!:cool: Actually our tour guide told us! lol!

So you HAVE seen it? I think it really is unbelieveable! And you can see it for MILES! Really cool!

How about the monument to Crazy Horse? That is really interesting as well. When it's finished it will be HUGE!!!!!!

Of course that might take 40 more years............but I hope to live to see it!

DonnaMaria
03-06-2011, 03:48 AM
No...I have heard of it. Big Presidential Faces carved into a cliff side...but I dont even know where it is...and it doesnt interest me to be honnest. :ashamed:

Really? I kinda thought it would be the type of thing to interest you. There aren't many faces carved into mountains...........

To each his own...........:wink:

Rev
03-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Been there twice and cant wait to take my kids!

Miss Foxy
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Same here.. I would much rather stand in front of the big horse outside of PF Changs.:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Your photgrapher seemed to make due excellent photography skills..

DonnaMaria
03-08-2011, 12:27 AM
:laugh: Thanks! Some guy walking by with his wife + my daughter's camera= a pretty good pic!

We also saw a horse! The Crazy Horse monument! Well.......at least what it will EVENTUALLY look like!:laugh:

I think it might be bigger than the horse at PF Changs!:)

DonnaMaria
03-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Same here.. I would much rather stand in front of the big horse outside of PF Changs.:laugh:

Really?! I love history. Love it. I eat it up.:)

flo
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM

Ditto. I saw Mt. Rushmore as a young child, I really can't remember it but would love to revisit.

Miss Foxy
03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I enjoy history as well.. Mt Rushmore just not my cup of tea..

DonnaMaria
03-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Ditto. I saw Mt. Rushmore as a young child, I really can't remember it but would love to revisit.

Yeah I actually want to go back in a few years to see it again! And to see the progress on the Crazy Horse monument.

SD is beautiful!!!! Just beautiful!!!! It freaked me out to see buffalo just roaming all around! :laugh: