PDA

View Full Version : BYU Player kicked off team for having sex

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 12:50 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/BYU-dismisses-basketball-player-for-having-sex-030211

kinda sucks for the program as they are gonna do crap now ... LOL .. good luck drawing more kids to the school ... i realize it's the rules and rules are rules ..

VCURamFan
03-04-2011, 01:23 AM
BYU is THE university of the Church of LDS, so it's rules are in line with the Mormon religion. The majority of kids that go there are Mormons & aren't attending because of sports.

J.B.
03-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Yup, it sucks for their team, but anybody who goes to BYU knows they have to follow the Honor Code set forth by the school.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 01:52 AM
yeah .. it must suck .. they were number three in the country and looking to move up .. just thinking of the money they are gonna lose ... and this kid will probably end up getting kicked out of the school ... oh well ... he'll find another place to play .. they already got killed in their first game since he was bounced

matthughesfan21
03-06-2011, 05:26 AM
It's part of their rules, but it does suck especially considering it wasn't anything close to criminal, it was consentual sex with his girlfriend, but it's part of their honor code, so not much else to really say

any recruiting boost BYU may have had from playing so well is probably going to be hindered now because elite level high school players are nnot going to want to deal with that

NateR
03-06-2011, 05:34 AM
yeah .. it must suck .. they were number three in the country and looking to move up .. just thinking of the money they are gonna lose ... and this kid will probably end up getting kicked out of the school ... oh well ... he'll find another place to play .. they already got killed in their first game since he was bounced

There is more to life than winning games and championships. Even though I fundamentally disagree with the beliefs of the Mormon faith, I do respect the school's courage in sticking to their principles even if it's going to cost them earthly success.

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Rules are rules. You sign a document agreeing to them and you break them, well tough cookie. Much respect to BYU for sticking to their values.

flo
03-06-2011, 06:01 AM
There is more to life than winning games and championships. Even though I fundamentally disagree with the beliefs of the Mormon faith, I do respect the school's courage in sticking to their principles even if it's going to cost them earthly success.

I agree with you, Nate & rockdawg.

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 06:04 AM
I agree with you, Nate & rockdawg.
I approve this message. What the heck, I approve it for Nate too.

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 06:36 AM
I approve this message. What the heck, I approve it for Nate too.

I approve of your approval!

Bonnie
03-06-2011, 11:02 PM
After reading about what's going on in psychology at Northwestern, and the things that go on at other universities to "entice" big talent or to protect their athletes, it's refreshing to see BYU actually enforce their honor code.