PDA

View Full Version : Senate GOP in Wisconsin Orders Police to Take AWOL Dems Into Custody

VCURamFan
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
It's about friggin' time!! From FoxNews.com:

Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate passed a resolution Thursday calling for police to take 14 Democrats into custody for contempt after they fled to Illinois to avoid voting on a bill that would strip public-sector unions of nearly all their collective bargaining rights.

Republicans voted 19-0 to give Democrats until 4 p.m. Thursday to return to the chamber or be found "in contempt and disorderly behavior."

The vote comes two weeks after the Democrats left, effectively delaying the vote on Gov. Scott Walker's proposal.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said the action is legally different from an arrest, but "definitely a shift from asking them politely."

The resolution gives the sergeant at arms the authority to take any and all steps, with or without force and assistance from police, to bring the senators back.

The state Constitution prohibits the arrest of lawmakers while in session unless they're accused of committing felonies, treason or breach of peace.

But James Troupis, a private attorney hired by Fitzgerald, argued Thursday that the move is legal, because the state Constitution allows each house to "compel the attendance of absent members," the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

Crisco
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
just got real

rearnakedchoke
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
if it were the other way around the GOP would be whining like bitches that it's a waste of govenment money ... LOL

Miss Foxy
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I am so sick of the back n forth... Dems vs rep.. It's soooo lame..:crazy: I lack faith in both parties..

VCURamFan
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
if it were the other way around the GOP would be whining like bitches that it's a waste of govenment money ... LOL
No, if it were the other way around, the GOP wouldn't have run off in the first place. Did you see them running away from the Senate or House when the vote on Obama-Care came up? No, because no matter how much they hated the bill & knew it was trouble, they staid to do their duty, not running off to whine in a corner.

Stop playing high & mighty like hanging out in our top hot gives you an "impartial" and "enlightened" view of our political situation. Go drink your maple syrup, bitch about Crosby's injuries & choke on your "free" drugs.

rearnakedchoke
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
No, if it were the other way around, the GOP wouldn't have run off in the first place. Did you see them running away from the Senate or House when the vote on Obama-Care came up? No, because no matter how much they hated the bill & knew it was trouble, they staid to do their duty, not running off to whine in a corner.

Stop playing high & mighty like hanging out in our top hot gives you an "impartial" and "enlightened" view of our political situation. Go drink your maple syrup, bitch about Crosby's injuries & choke on your "free" drugs.

maple syrup is great ... i'd only bitch if it was world cup or olympic season and our drugs aren't covered, but it they were you could bet charlie sheen would move here asap ...

we do have more of an impartial view of things ... and it's quite entertaining ... you can predict what each party is gonna cry about ...

logrus
03-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Pretty much, add in 'taking away their rights', the 'i dont want more gov control'.

logrus
03-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Im pretty sure I heard them use a wide variety of inappropriate words and actions. :Whistle:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Pretty much, add in 'taking away their rights', the 'i dont want more gov control'.

I believe the law requires them to show up and not leave the state!

NateR
03-04-2011, 12:41 AM

They are elected and paid by taxpayers to do a job. So they are guilty of dereliction of duty, which is a criminal offense for our military and should be considered the same for our government.

Rev
03-04-2011, 01:15 AM
LOL, I find it funny when a non-American thinks they know more about America than Americans. how bout this, if your money has a chick on it, and it aint an American Indian, MYOB.

Crisco
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
LOL, I find it funny when a non-American thinks they know more about America than Americans. how bout this, if your money has a chick on it, and it aint an American Indian, MYOB.

you sir have tiger blood

Spiritwalker
03-04-2011, 01:11 PM

CO-SIGNED!!!!!

You sir.. I hear.. have tiger blood..:wink:

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM

please .. stop crying ... i never said i knew more about anything .. just a bystander who sees things with a "third party" eye .. LOL ..

NateR
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
please .. stop crying ... i never said i knew more about anything .. just a bystander who sees things with a "third party" eye .. LOL ..

Yeah, that explanation is total BS and you know it. If you don't stop with the condescending attitude, I'm just going to have to start suspending your posting privileges.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that explanation is total BS and you know it. If you don't stop with the condescending attitude, I'm just going to have to start suspending your posting privileges.

do what you have to do ... i see ban worthy stuff posted by others all the time on here and nothing is done, and because i post a view of things the way i see it and it doesn't mesh, i am threatened with banning ... LOL .. what was condescending about my post?

Crisco
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM

don't be mad at him bro because he's a totally radical rockstar with tiger blood and adonis DNA. I'm sorry his life is more bitchen then yours.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
don't be mad at him bro because he's a totally radical rockstar with tiger blood and adonis DNA. I'm sorry his life is more bitchen then yours.

i agree man .. Rev = Winning

NateR
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
do what you have to do ... i see ban worthy stuff posted by others all the time on here and nothing is done, and because i post a view of things the way i see it and it doesn't mesh, i am threatened with banning ... LOL .. what was condescending about my post?

You have absolutely nothing intelligent to add to these discussions, which is typical of most of your comments in this section, so you try to cover up your ignorance with a condescending "I'm laughing at how silly you dumb Americans are" attitude. That's not conducive to a rational, intelligent discussion, so it needs to stop.

That doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to post in the politics section if you're not an American. It just means that if you don't know what you are talking about, then try asking some questions, don't just trivialize the issue and throw around veiled insults.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 02:05 PM
You have absolutely nothing intelligent to add to these discussions, which is typical of most of your comments in this section, so you try to cover up your ignorance with a condescending "I'm laughing at how silly you dumb Americans are" attitude. That's not conducive to a rational, intelligent discussion, so it needs to stop.

That doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to post in the politics section if you're not an American. It just means that if you don't know what you are talking about, then try asking some questions, don't just trivialize the issue and throw around veiled insults.

is that the same reason my sig was removed?

County Mike
03-04-2011, 02:05 PM
You have absolutely nothing intelligent to add to these discussions.

Uh oh. I think I'm in trouble too.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM

LOL .. dude, you are County Mike ... if you didn't post here, this place would be dead ... keep it up brah ..

Crisco
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Winning bro

VCURamFan
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
You have one speed, one gear. ... you're different. You have a different constitution, you have a different brain, you have a different heart. You got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs.

Spiritwalker
03-04-2011, 03:11 PM

man... It makes me want to suck up to Crisco.. to get him to like me that much........:wink:

Come On Crisco... I just delivered an underhanded pitch in the final round of the pennant race.. don't let me down....

Spiritwalker
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM

Seriously doubt that.... your the 300 lb gorrilla.. "what you want..when you want.. why you want.. And heaven help the person that says "boo" to you...."

Buzzard
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Actually his explanation is right on in this American's view. I like reading RNC's views as well as other non US citizens views about our country.

Last nights The Daily Show with Jon Stewart was great.

The Daily Show (http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-march-3-2011-diane-ravitch)

Watch the first nine minutes.

flo
03-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Bravo, Ben.

And bravo to the WI repubs.

flo
03-04-2011, 05:52 PM
we do have more of an impartial view of things ... .

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

County Mike
03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Seriously doubt that.... your the 300 lb gorrilla.. "what you want..when you want.. why you want.. And heaven help the person that says "boo" to you...."

I'm really just a friendly, non-confrontational guy.
Seriously. :)

The other day Kelli and I went out to eat with her parents. I drove. As we're leaving, an SUV pulled up because they wanted to get my spot after I pulled out. In doing so, they blocked the way we wanted to exit. Kelli's dad says "Get out of the way, bitches!". (He only said it so we could hear.) Then he says "I always feel tougher when I'm hanging out with Mike." We all just sat there laughing while the SUV people continued to wait for my spot.

We just went out a different way.

flo
03-04-2011, 05:58 PM

LMAO!!

Spiritwalker
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM

The other day Kelli and I went out to eat with her parents. I drove. As we're leaving, an SUV pulled up because they wanted to get my spot after I pulled out. In doing so, they blocked the way we wanted to exit. Kelli's dad says "Get out of the way, bitches!". (He only said it so we could hear.) Then he says "I always feel tougher when I'm hanging out with Mike." We all just sat there laughing while the SUV people continued to wait for my spot.

300lb gorilla and all.. I had heard you go out different ways also.. ::laugh::

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

what's so funny? that a lot of americans are born and raised into political parties and stay that way their whole lives .... anything comes up from the other side must be wrong .. for us watching it and predicting how people are going to react becomes easy ... i'd say it's a lot more impartial than people who have been brought up along party lines ... it's called the USA for a reason .. .

Crisco
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM

You shoulda went alpha Mike.

flo
03-04-2011, 06:06 PM
what's so funny? that a lot of americans are born and raised into political parties and stay that way their whole lives .... anything comes up from the other side must be wrong .. for us watching it and predicting how people are going to react becomes easy ... i'd say it's a lot more impartial than people who have been brought up along party lines ... it's called the USA for a reason .. .

And you know this...how? Wow, you really are condescending. Are you familiar with Mark Steyn?

Yeah, Canadians have a more impartial view of things, like freedom of speech. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/show_trial.html)

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 06:10 PM
And you know this...how? Wow, you really are condescending. Are you familiar with Mark Steyn?

Yeah, Canadians have a more impartial view of things, like freedom of speech. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/06/show_trial.html)

what is so condescending about my post?

Miss Foxy
03-04-2011, 06:11 PM

My mother is Republican and my father is Democrat... Talk about a confused kid!! :wacko:

flo
03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
what is so condescending about my post?

That you claim to somehow "know" how anyone with a right wing PoV was brought up. That Canadians watch, impartially, predicting how people are going to act.

County Mike
03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
300lb gorilla and all.. I had heard you go out different ways also.. ::laugh::
Not even sure what that means. Besides, I'm just under 200lbs.

You shoulda went alpha Mike.
Nah, they weren't being jerks. They just wanted a parking spot and waited patiently for me to pull out.

flo
03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
My mother is Republican and my father is Democrat... Talk about a confused kid!! :wacko:

Same here, both my and my husband's family are all over the place politically. Some even apolitical.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
That you claim to somehow "know" how anyone with a right wing PoV was brought up. That Canadians watch, impartially, predicting how people are going to act.

i never said anything about right wing .. it's the same on both sides ... i am surprised you can't predict the backlash of right-based media or voters regarding a left based topic or response or vice versa ..

flo
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
i never said anything about right wing .. it's the same on both sides ... i am surprised you can't predict the backlash of right-based media or voters regarding a left based topic or response or vice versa ..

Sheesh, I was using 'right wing' PoV because that was the particular PoV you were belittling in your first post.

flo
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I can't speak for the republicans here on this forum but for me and millions of others (and I suspect many here on the forum), as Americans we *can* predict partisan bickering, RNC. We are sick of it. We are sick of politicians of any stripe engaging in it. If you have been following our politics, particularly our last election, you will have noticed this trend and the incumbents who lost seats because of it.

What the Wisconsin democrats are doing is a weasley, cowardly act - hiding in Illinois. They are costing their state taxpayers money every day they are away. The good people of Wisconsin elected their governor, who took the reins to a state already deeply in debt, and is fulfilling his campaign promises to his electorate. That's how it works here. Believe it or not, we are all sick of "politics as usual" and NO, I hightly doubt if the table were turned that the republicans would walk out. If they did, SHAME on them!

Crisco
03-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I can't speak for the republicans here on this forum but for me and millions of others (and I suspect many here on the forum), as Americans we *can* predict partisan bickering, RNC. We are sick of it. We are sick of politicians of any stripe engaging in it. If you have been following our politics, particularly our last election, you will have noticed this trend and the incumbents who lost seats because of it.

What the Wisconsin democrats are doing is a weasley, cowardly act - hiding in Illinois. They are costing their state taxpayers money every day they are away. The good people of Wisconsin elected their governor, who took the reins to a state already deeply in debt, and is fulfilling his campaign promises to his electorate. That's how it works here. Believe it or not, we are all sick of "politics as usual" and NO, I hightly doubt if the table were turned that the republicans would walk out. If they did, SHAME on them!

They are hoping that this farce will gather them the votes of the ex-union employee's after the bill passes.

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM

i understand where you are coming from .. but my original post was just saying that if it were the other way around, the rep would be complaining the dems were doing something wrong .. yes it was an opinion, but was backed up by two americans .. i was however threatened with banning or whatever because i was being condescending ..... i had my sig removed .. LOL .. whatever, it's cool ... just proves some of the other points i have made on here ..

Rev
03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
What the heck is up with tiger blood?
And why are the Canucks still in this thread?!?!?!?!
Born into political parties?! I was brought up VERY democrat. I was taught that everyone owed me everything. Was on welfare my whole childhood and we stole from the government evreychance we got. See, very democrat like.
ALL true. When I started working for a living and and earning my keep and became aware of how the country was heading down the toilet, then I started doing some reading and studying on my own and not just listening to cnn, I woke up.

One thing I know from experience is, stay out of buisness that aint yours. Like, if you work for Ford, dont give constuctive criticism to Chevy. If your last name is Sanchez, dont discuss the family issues of people named Thomas with people named Thomas. OOOOOOORR, if you are from Canada, you dont give input to people from America about America.
You dont hear me telling you how to drink hot tea.
You dont hear me telling the Brits how to not brush their teeth or take baths.
You dont hear me telling Matt how to score a fight.
You dont hear me telling...... well you get the point.
Just putting it out there.

BTW, how did yall know I was a rockstar?!?!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Americans are not born into political parties as if it was Royalty or Peasants! We do have the right to register to either one we choose. As an example my Dad always registered Democrat because he thought the Democrat's were for the Poor and Republicans want to starve the poor and elderly. I don't believe the Democrat's are really for the poor or that Republicans want to starve the Old and poor. I do know however that the modern Democrat party tends to be Pro Abortion,Pro Homo,Anti Gun and a few other things I'm on the opposite side of. So I registered Republican! As an American I am NOT required to belong to the same party my Parents do. I can choose to belong or not belong based up on what I believe. On a side note the Modern Democrat seems to stand for everything my Dad is against.

rearnakedchoke
03-05-2011, 01:20 AM
What the heck is up with tiger blood?
And why are the Canucks still in this thread?!?!?!?!
Born into political parties?! I was brought up VERY democrat. I was taught that everyone owed me everything. Was on welfare my whole childhood and we stole from the government evreychance we got. See, very democrat like.
ALL true. When I started working for a living and and earning my keep and became aware of how the country was heading down the toilet, then I started doing some reading and studying on my own and not just listening to cnn, I woke up.

One thing I know from experience is, stay out of buisness that aint yours. Like, if you work for Ford, dont give constuctive criticism to Chevy. If your last name is Sanchez, dont discuss the family issues of people named Thomas with people named Thomas. OOOOOOORR, if you are from Canada, you dont give input to people from America about America.
You dont hear me telling you how to drink hot tea.
You dont hear me telling the Brits how to not brush their teeth or take baths.
You dont hear me telling Matt how to score a fight.
You dont hear me telling...... well you get the point.
Just putting it out there.

BTW, how did yall know I was a rockstar?!?!

canucks still here ... just like in the thread about the guy getting charged for shooting at people bombing his home ... we heard all the american opinions about how much canada sucks and was screwed up .. .LOL ... you didn't hear me crying about the americans talking condescending about canadians ... we have non-christians giving input in the christianity section, so why should that be different ..

Rev
03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
canucks still here ... just like in the thread about the guy getting charged for shooting at people bombing his home ... we heard all the american opinions about how much canada sucks and was screwed up .. .LOL ... you didn't hear me crying about the americans talking condescending about canadians ... we have non-christians giving input in the christianity section, so why should that be different ..well thats different, We're American.:laugh:

Buzzard
03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
What, no one looked at the clip I linked to? It deals with this very subject.

Neezar
03-05-2011, 05:39 PM

A 9 min clip is too long. Give us a brief summary.

Rev
03-05-2011, 05:42 PM

Nobody cares Buzzard!! Nobody cares.

J/K

I cant stand JS, thats why I didnt watch the clip. I will let you give me the run down. What did he say?

How great would it be if JS and Rush both just decided to SHUT UP?!?!?!?!?

logrus
03-05-2011, 06:34 PM

What did you expect, everyone here is delusional.

Tyburn
03-06-2011, 12:09 AM
:laugh: Only in America :laugh:

This reminds me of the time that Queen Elizabeth I passed the Act of Uniformity (I think that was its name) and only got it through Parliament because on the day of the vote she locked up a good proportion of the Roman Catholic Bishops that would vote against the Motion.

I am most suprised that the American State Government, doesnt just proceed with the vote in absentia of the Democrats. They knew when the vote was taking place, if they dont dont vote...they abstain, and the motion without any opposition is carried.

In England thats how it would happen. The idea is that if you are against something you garner support...not that you avoid the vote in the first place. Only in America would the vote wait for everyone...and not be a mechanical process which happens regardless of who is present :laugh:

Neezar
03-06-2011, 03:27 AM

Better than being erotomanic, I guess.

flo
03-06-2011, 03:38 AM

haahaahaha! Zing!

:laugh:

logrus
03-06-2011, 04:07 AM

wait, but you are.... :Whistle:

NateR
03-06-2011, 04:41 AM

The Daily Show is a comedy program, it's no more relevant to any political discussion than a Saturday Night Live sketch.

NateR
03-06-2011, 04:45 AM

Yeah, we all disagree with you so we MUST be delusional. :rolleyes: So, did you run out of intelligent comments to make, so now you have to resort to over-generalized straw man arguments? Oh wait, nevermind, you never had any intelligent comments to contribute to this discussion in the first place. :laugh:

Spiritwalker
03-06-2011, 04:45 AM
The Daily Show is a comedy program, it's no more relevant to any political discussion than a Saturday Night Live sketch.

Never thought of it that way!!!! NICE!!!

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah, we all disagree with you so we MUST be delusional. :rolleyes: So, did you run out of intelligent comments to make, so now you have to resort to over-generalized straw man arguments? Oh wait, nevermind, you never had any intelligent comments to contribute to this discussion in the first place. :laugh:
That's how Liberals get, rather than continuing a discussion, they resort to name-calling and insults. Buzzard however gets props, because he doesn't do that.

Rev
03-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Buzzard's not a liberal!!! Just ask him.
But he is alot cooler than most other democrats i know. lol
At least he aint Canadian. J/K

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Buzzard's not a liberal!!! Just ask him.
But he is alot cooler than most other democrats i know. lol
At least he aint Canadian. J/K
Everything he says is Liberal based, then claims he isn't. My conclusion is that he just likes to argue, but I have to admit he argues with class, lol

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NWNrqOQh8TU/TPiYtoNCooI/AAAAAAAAAIc/n7Gn0dq96pM/s1600/CanadaSucks.jpg

Rev
03-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Yeah but I like old Buzzard dude.

Buzzard
03-06-2011, 06:14 AM

If you didn't watch the clip, how do you know whether or not it is germaine to the conversation? Don't tell me you've been hanging out with Miss Cleo.:laugh:

The clip is quite amusing, me detailing it would spoil it in ways that only I can do.

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Miss Cleo, lol. Give me a call mon!

Buzzard
03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Miss Cleo, lol. Give me a call mon!

Phew, I'm glad someone caught that!:laugh:

logrus
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM

We all know im delusional at times, only truth to such a claim is that I acknowledge it. You know, I could follow the flock and bitch and moan about something then 6 months later applaud the same thing. It seems to be whats coolest most here.

By the way, I stopped having intelligent conversations around here, most of the time its met with child like antics, you know, deleted posts or bans and my personal favorite, the higher up whiners sending me Pm's to stay out of certain sections.. :Whistle:

rockdawg21
03-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Phew, I'm glad someone caught that!:laugh:
She always was a big crackup when she was on TV. "Eet's ol here in da cawds! Ju gib me uh col na!"

rearnakedchoke
03-06-2011, 11:39 PM
We all know im delusional at times, only truth to such a claim is that I acknowledge it. You know, I could follow the flock and bitch and moan about something then 6 months later applaud the same thing. It seems to be whats coolest most here.

By the way, I stopped having intelligent conversations around here, most of the time its met with child like antics, you know, deleted posts or bans and my personal favorite, the higher up whiners sending me Pm's to stay out of certain sections.. :Whistle:

you forgot removal of siggies ... oops .. here comes the ban hammer ...

County Mike
03-07-2011, 10:39 AM
By the way, I stopped having intelligent conversations around here, most of the time its met with child like antics,

I know you are but what am I? :tongue0011:

Neezar
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I know you are but what am I? :tongue0011:

:laugh: I love this! I recently taught it to my boy. And he has tormented his little brother with it. His brother gets so mad and runs up to him like this :bigmouth: and yells "What does that even mean?!"

:laugh: I so try not to laugh and tell his brother leave him alone.

rearnakedchoke
03-07-2011, 11:34 AM
did they ever get arrested?