PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Couponing Revisited.

Primadawn
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
So a while back, someone had started an Extreme Coupon thread about the guy on TLC. It got some conversations started and I became obsessed! I am now fully in the throes of my coupon addiction and loving it.

My best buys so far:

12 Gain fabric softners FREE
20 Colgate toothbrushes FREE
20 Colgate toothpastes FREE
20 boxes of...ahem.."feminine products" for .19 a box! Woot!

Thanks to those here on the forum who pointed me in the right direction and gave me tips! :happydancing:

Bonnie
03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey coupon lady! :laugh:

Sounds like you're saving a lot just from that short list you posted. I need to start couponing. With these higher gas prices EVERYTHING is going up in price. :wink: I just need to remember to "bring" them with me when I go shopping. :rolleyes:

Twinsmama
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
that is so great!!! i stock up on free stuff and save a box then donate it to a churches and even nursing homes. you get the write off amount of the full price value not what you paid!! my husband tells me i'm addicted but i share all my stuff with others! it's a great feeling giving to others in such a hard time.

Primadawn
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
that is so great!!! i stock up on free stuff and save a box then donate it to a churches and even nursing homes. you get the write off amount of the full price value not what you paid!! my husband tells me i'm addicted but i share all my stuff with others! it's a great feeling giving to others in such a hard time.

That's what I did with a lot of the toothpaste and toothbrushes. Our pastor's wife heads up the ministerial alliance, which runs a food bank--I figured they could use personal care items too.

Twinsmama
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
It's good to give to an organization you know personally. I'm sure they appreciate your new obsession!!

i just did something i said i never would. i ordered coupons off ebay for dog food. they are going on sale in about 2 weeks B1G1 at publix and i can use a $2 coupon off both of them. makes dog food $.49 for 2 bags. they are small bags (4lb) but that is so cheap!!

Primadawn
03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I thought in the beginning that I wouldn't ever order any either, but when I see that I can get something for free or ALMOST free, I want a bunch of them! :laugh:

BamaGrits84
03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
That was me! I started that! I'm not even that good!

BamaGrits84
03-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Of course if I would actually go back to where my life wasn't controlled by baseball I could probably do much better. Do you use a website to find the best offers?