PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers vs. Josh Barnett,

Spiritwalker
03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Does anyone really care?

Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers vs. Josh Barnett

It really seems that someone stacked the brackets REALLY wrong...It should be....

Alistair Overeem vs. Josh Barnett and Brett Rogers vs. Fabricio Werdum.. IMO..

As it stands now.. It will be Horsemeat Overeem vs Josh Barnett.. with Horsemeat taking it in the 2nd...

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/2/2024463/strikeforce-heavyweight-tournament-pushed-back-to-june-18-in-dallas

Miss Foxy
03-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Not the least bit..lol.

JavierDLC
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I want to see Overeem Smash Verdum I cant stand that guy.

County Mike
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I care.

rearnakedchoke
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
i care, but i don't think the fights happen ... barnett already sank what? exc? or affliction ... now it is sf ... they are amazing fights, but i don't think we see the completion of this tourney and dana will laugh his ass off ...

bj44
03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
most people should care as there are 3-4 top 10 hws in this tourney... I agree the way they did the brackets is just weird... They were really banking on Fedor winning to set up a fight with overeem

Rev
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
how can anyone call Barnett and Rogers top level HWs?!?!

JavierDLC
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
how can anyone call Barnett and Rogers top level HWs?!?!

I have no Idea :)
To be honest i have never seen a Barnett fight ever!

I saw Rodgers vs Fedor and Overeem and he didn't look to well.

Irish Pride
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
It's been pushed off already two months. I already predicted something would happen with the Alistair fight because he faces actual competition.

Rev
03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
It's been pushed off already two months. I already predicted something would happen with the Alistair fight because he faces actual competition.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???!!!
I miss seeing the greatest name in the history of names around here.

rockdawg21
03-02-2011, 10:41 PM
They were banking on Fedor to win and probably Arlovski as well. Those are the only 2 people with a marketed name in the U.S. The rest of the casual fans haven't ever heard of the other fighters. IMO, this ended up really bad for Strikeforce.

Irish Pride
03-03-2011, 10:24 PM
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???!!!
I miss seeing the greatest name in the history of names around here.

Not sure what you mean. Who are you talking about? :unsure-1:

cheachea
03-03-2011, 11:05 PM
I think The Reem is going to win it all.

Rev
03-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Not sure what you mean. Who are you talking about? :unsure-1:

The name and avatar are awesome!!
I just got a hoodie sweat shirt with the flag and shamrock.
Dont wig out bro. I really like it.

Irish Pride
03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
I was just confused. But thanks. A lot of good shirts at http://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/catalog/index.php

bj44
03-04-2011, 06:07 AM
I have no Idea :)
To be honest i have never seen a Barnett fight ever!

I saw Rodgers vs Fedor and Overeem and he didn't look to well.

you guys know barnett is a former ufc hw champion and has wins over couture and nogueira in there prime right? Just making sure!!!

Max
03-04-2011, 06:39 AM
you guys know barnett is a former ufc hw champion and has wins over couture and nogueira in there prime right? Just making sure!!!

When are you going to learn that if they dont fight in the UFC they are cans, stupid noob.......

bj44
03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
When are you going to learn that if they dont fight in the UFC they are cans, stupid noob.......

lol im not even a barnett fan but he has top 10 talent... He def doesnt deserve to be ranked top 10 because of innactivity and steroid use... If he fought more and laid off the roids id have him right around frank mir level talent wise.

JavierDLC
03-04-2011, 03:17 PM

I'm serious. I have no interest what so ever on this guy. Just like Frank Shamrock I only know them cause I've seen them on the Strikeforce Interviews and such stuff but I know nothing about them. I just really dislike them for no reason. The way they talk and think they are living Legends just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry.

I have to admit anything involving MMA before The Ultimate Fighter 1 I know nothing about.

Obviously I've done some research of the fighters that interest me from that era but that's about it.

Rev
03-04-2011, 09:55 PM

LOL I know who he is and still aint impressed. Yes he was the HW champ. WAS!!!! like 100 yrs ago. (So was Ricco Rodrigez) What has he done to be in the top 10 right now?
NOTHING!!!!
I loved seeing Rizzo giving him the unreal ko from the side way back when. EPIC!!

bj44
03-05-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL I know who he is and still aint impressed. Yes he was the HW champ. WAS!!!! like 100 yrs ago. (So was Ricco Rodrigez) What has he done to be in the top 10 right now?
NOTHING!!!!
I loved seeing Rizzo giving him the unreal ko from the side way back when. EPIC!!

you must of missed the rematch between them then.... I saw an old fight where frank mir got knocked out by ian freeman.. He must suck right??? :rolleyes:

Rev
03-05-2011, 02:19 PM
you must of missed the rematch between them then.... I saw an old fight where frank mir got knocked out by ian freeman.. He must suck right??? :rolleyes:LOL
You know what, you're right, I dont know what I'm talking about. Mir does suck because he got knocked out way back when by Freeman.
And no I must not have seen the Rematch in affliction(100 yrs later) when Barnett ko'd Rizzo, Please tell me what happened!!!!
What does anything you posted there have to do with anything that I posted?:rolleyes:
OOOOOOH, Josh beat Randy 100 yrs ago!! He must be the man!! Randy must just be really lucky that Josh left and let him win some fights. Thanks Josh!!!
Royce won ufc 1, he is the greatest!!!

My point, EVERYONE'S point, is. How is Josh relevent NOW??!!??!!
I want you to tell me how he ranks top 10. Nothing else.

bj44
03-05-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL
You know what, you're right, I dont know what I'm talking about. Mir does suck because he got knocked out way back when by Freeman.
And no I must not have seen the Rematch in affliction(100 yrs later) when Barnett ko'd Rizzo, Please tell me what happened!!!!
What does anything you posted there have to do with anything that I posted?:rolleyes:
OOOOOOH, Josh beat Randy 100 yrs ago!! He must be the man!! Randy must just be really lucky that Josh left and let him win some fights. Thanks Josh!!!
Royce won ufc 1, he is the greatest!!!

My point, EVERYONE'S point, is. How is Josh relevent NOW??!!??!!
I want you to tell me how he ranks top 10. Nothing else.

I never said he was top ten he hasnt fought a top 10 oppenent in 4 years... But to say he doesnt belong in the tournament is a joke... When he won the hw title 8 years ago he was also the youngest one ever to do it... He is not old and irrevelent in the sport... He is 33 years old...If mark hunt can still win fights in the ufc then barnett is def still relevent :laugh:

Rev
03-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Never said he was old, just irrelevent. I'm not sure anyone said that he didnt belong in the tournament, I know I didnt. I just said that he wasnt top 10 and niether was Rogers. I said this after someone said that 3-4 of the top 10 in the world are in the tournament.

And come on, Hunt won a fight in the UFC. Does this make him relevent?
Why would it make Josh?

bj44
03-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Never said he was old, just irrelevent. I'm not sure anyone said that he didnt belong in the tournament, I know I didnt. I just said that he wasnt top 10 and niether was Rogers. I said this after someone said that 3-4 of the top 10 in the world are in the tournament.

And come on, Hunt won a fight in the UFC. Does this make him relevent?
Why would it make Josh?
i said that 3-4.... werum, fedor, overeem maybe silva... def didnt mean barnett

Rev
03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
i said that 3-4.... werum, fedor, overeem maybe silva... def didnt mean barnett

I thought you were talking about the remaining fighters because thats what the thread was about. My bad, Still, before that fight, Silva wouldnt have made anyones top 10 and still not mine.

bj44
03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I thought you were talking about the remaining fighters because thats what the thread was about. My bad, Still, before that fight, Silva wouldnt have made anyones top 10 and still not mine.

It was between him and roy nelson for my number 10 spot before the fedor fight... I gave it to silva because he beat arlovski and nelson got knocked out by him... Here were my rankings..

1. Velasquez
2. Lesnar
3. dos santos
4. Werdum
5. Fedor
6. Carwin
7. Mir
8. overeem
9. Big nog
10. silva

rockdawg21
03-07-2011, 01:24 AM
It was between him and roy nelson for my number 10 spot before the fedor fight... I gave it to silva because he beat arlovski and nelson got knocked out by him... Here were my rankings..

1. Velasquez
2. Lesnar
3. dos santos
4. Werdum
5. Fedor
6. Carwin
7. Mir
8. overeem
9. Big nog
10. silva
11. Kimbo Slice

JavierDLC