PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're Addicted to MMA....

Black Mamba
03-07-2009, 03:29 AM
I was thinking about making my own t-shirt with the top 10 reasons of "You Know You're Addicted to MMA..." so I was wondering with yalls help could assist me with accomplishing my task. :)

I got a few, but I've heard some funnier ones on here.

County Mike
03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
When you're in bed with your girl and you keep trying to pass her guard.

que
03-07-2009, 03:51 AM
i don't think that only applies to addicted MMA fans...

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 03:57 AM
- When your kids know MMA fighters and the Gracies, but know of no hockey/basketball/football players
- When you dont boo when people are fighting on the ground
- When getting a hug (even on close family members) you ALWAYS give them the "post-hug pat on the back" from the underhook position.
- Bas Rutten is your favourite recording artist
- You eye up people, guessing what their fighting style would be like and take their build in to consideration to determine the best strategy of kicking their ass.
- When people ask if you have ANYTHING other than fights to watch and you throw them "Smashing Machine".
- When your wife/girlfriend catches you shadow boxing in the kitchen and just shakes her head.
- When you are showing your 2 year old how to use his feet from his back
- Can't watch a boxing match without screaming "KNEEEES!!!!"
- Your wife/girlfriend's lingerie consists of a sleeveless rash guard and fight shorts.
- You check out everyone's ears
- You look at guys cauliflower ears and think 'respect!'
- If your basement is lined with wrestling mats in case you feel the urge to get a little more training in.
- When you see a name beginning with R, you instinctively pronounce it with an H in your head.
- A gi permanently in the washing machine
- When you keep your distance from chain link fences
- When you buy Chute Box apparel and practice your stare down in the mirror... or so I'm told.
- When your daughter kisses you on the cheek then quickly applies a rear naked choke on you!
- When your wife greets you with the Karate Kid stance!
- You re-watch UFC 33 to see "technique"
- When you find yourself constantly saying to others, "It's not gay!" when there are two sweaty men in speedos, laying on top of each other, grunting and shifting around on your tv....

F34R
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
LMFAO VCU! Priceless....

Black Mamba
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks Mike and Ben. :laugh:

The one you wrote Mike, I had that one in mind too just tweaked alittle.

rockdawg21
03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL, nice work VCU, I love it!

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Thank you , thank you, I'll be here all night!

rockdawg21
03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you , thank you, I'll be here all night!
Sad to say it, me too. We have no lives :yell:

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 10:56 PM
you know you're addicted when it interferes with your daily life. if you find yourself spending more time with MMA related things, than time with work, your family and friends. you're addicted if you're saving money for PPV's when you should probably be saving it for life's necessities. you're definitely addicted if you consider MMA one of life's necessities.

Neezar
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
-

- When getting a hug (even on close family members) you ALWAYS give them the "post-hug pat on the back" from the underhook position.

- Bas Rutten is your favourite recording artist

- You check out everyone's ears

:laugh: My favorites.

Crisco
03-11-2009, 02:49 PM
1) Whenever you see someone hitting a punching bag in a move or TV you have to direct them on what they are doing wrong. No matter what movie or who it is.

2) When someone puts you in a headlock and does it wrong you have to fix it and let them choke you the proper way

3) When you listen to the radio and say **** I want that as my extrance music.

4) When everyone around you lets out a huge aggrivated sigh when you say something MMA related because they are tired of hearing it.

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
1) Whenever you see someone hitting a punching bag in a move or TV you have to direct them on what they are doing wrong. No matter what movie or who it is.

2) When someone puts you in a headlock and does it wrong you have to fix it and let them choke you the proper way

4) When everyone around you lets out a huge aggrivated sigh when you say something MMA related because they are tired of hearing it. LOL I like your #3!! I already got my song "Man overboard" by Blink 182!! lol....

Primadawn
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM

4) When everyone around you lets out a huge aggrivated sigh when you say something MMA related because they are tired of hearing it.

I get number 4 a lot...

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I get number 4 a lot... Yup especially from me that MATT HUGHES is the best a living legend!!! All of my friends and family are GSP fans!! My sister literally kicked me out of her room for praising Matt and bashing GSP!! My dude is not a fan of Matt's however he does admit he is one of the best fighters ever and respects him. I think he gets jealous!! lol..

County Mike
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
My dude is not a fan of Matt's however he does admit he is one of the best fighters ever and respects him. I think he gets jealous!! lol..

You have a dude? Does he work on a dude ranch?

Crisco
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Yup especially from me that MATT HUGHES is the best a living legend!!! All of my friends and family are GSP fans!! My sister literally kicked me out of her room for praising Matt and bashing GSP!! My dude is not a fan of Matt's however he does admit he is one of the best fighters ever and respects him. I think he gets jealous!! lol..

Not a fan of the Hughes?

Pfft

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
You have a dude? Does he work on a dude ranch?
lol no thats just how us Cali people talk..We aren't really bf/gf, but he's my companion is that better? lol..

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Not a fan of the Hughes?

Pfft No he's not. Guess he can't be perfect huh. :laugh:

County Mike
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
lol no thats just how us Cali people talk..We aren't really bf/gf, but he's my companion is that better? lol..

He's your F-Buddy? How very modern of you.

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
He's your F-Buddy? How very modern of you. Whooaaa I would'nt say all that, but he's my gentleman friend. How in the world can I describe it? We date but more than anything we are best friends. kinda cheesy I know....:unsure-1:

County Mike
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Whooaaa I would'nt say all that, but he's my gentleman friend. How in the world can I describe it? We date but more than anything we are best friends. kinda cheesy I know....:unsure-1:

Sounds like I got it right the first time.

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Sounds like I got it right the first time. Oh Mike what would we do without you? lol.. Ok hun, be that as it may.....:rolleyes:

lc87
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I just thought of a good one.

When you skip paying rent for 2 months just for a floor seat at an event.

Crisco
03-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Sounds like I got it right the first time.

It's scary how often we think a like Mike, It must be a Jersey thing.

County Mike
03-11-2009, 09:53 PM
It's scary how often we think a like Mike, It must be a Jersey thing.

Must be. I never said there was anything wrong with having a F-Buddy. Just recognized the situation for what it was.

Miss Foxy
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Must be. I never said there was anything wrong with having a F-Buddy. Just recognized the situation for what it was. Really and your in my situation? Wow!:laugh:

mikthehick
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
You know your a MMA fan when....

1) If you are a guy, you dream of being put in a rear naked choke by a girl (bonus points if it's by a girl you know).

2) You say in a conversation, "I train MMA" and people ask, "What is that?"

3) You say, I love Matt Hughes, and people ask, "Who is that?"

4) You have your entire gym bag in your car just encase you stop by the gym for a workout (and it contains tshirts, shorts, a mouthgard, boxing gloves, MMA gloves, and a Vidration

5) Your car smells funny in the summer cuz of all the sweat in it

6) You would default on a morgage payment to attend a UFC event

7) You drive 2 hours to meet matt hughes, and then get 4 hours of sleep AND get up in time for church and still be happy

8) You promise to yourself that all your future kids will be black belts in BJJ by the age of 15.

9) Your mom tells all her friends that you will 'outgrow' this phase (sorry aint gonna happen)

10) You try to convince your dad that it is a sport and not just a type of Greco-Roman wrestling.:cool:

lc87
03-12-2009, 04:33 PM
You know your a MMA fan when....

1) If you are a guy, you dream of being put in a rear naked choke by a girl (bonus points if it's by a girl you know).

2) You say in a conversation, "I train MMA" and people ask, "What is that?"

3) You say, I love Matt Hughes, and people ask, "Who is that?"

4) You have your entire gym bag in your car just encase you stop by the gym for a workout (and it contains tshirts, shorts, a mouthgard, boxing gloves, MMA gloves, and a Vidration

5) Your car smells funny in the summer cuz of all the sweat in it

6) You would default on a morgage payment to attend a UFC event

7) You drive 2 hours to meet matt hughes, and then get 4 hours of sleep AND get up in time for church and still be happy

8) You promise to yourself that all your future kids will be black belts in BJJ by the age of 15.

9) Your mom tells all her friends that you will 'outgrow' this phase (sorry aint gonna happen)

10) You try to convince your dad that it is a sport and not just a type of Greco-Roman wrestling.:cool:

Your number 6 is kind of a rip off of mine but yours ended up better.

And your number 8 is going to be true for my kids. And maybe with some kickboxing and karate and wrestling.