PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser

Boomer
02-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I have two of my oldest friends on The Biggest Loser this season. Olivia and Hannah. Love watching them change on the show.

They have two new trainer on this season and they are MMA folks. Actually you think about it, its awesome for the sport. They were in Bas' gym this week .. very cool. Even though they are not the coaches of Olivia's team .. I love them.

And Cara .... :D

County Mike
02-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Watch it every week. Cool that you know two of the contestants. Good luck to them!

I enjoy watching the workouts. Gives me some ideas.

Llamafighter
02-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I have two of my oldest friends on The Biggest Loser this season. Olivia and Hannah. Love watching them change on the show.

They have two new trainer on this season and they are MMA folks. Actually you think about it, its awesome for the sport. They were in Bas' gym this week .. very cool. Even though they are not the coaches of Olivia's team .. I love them.

We watch it every week and root your pals on!

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2011, 05:00 PM

:w00t:

Primadawn
03-11-2011, 09:21 PM
When you first posted this, I mentioned it to my girls while we were watching--since this is a show we always watch together. Now they're totally rooting for Olivia and Hannah every week!
The changes in them both so far have been amazing. They're doing great!:happydancing:

Bonnie
03-15-2011, 05:16 AM
I saw some of it last week, but had not seen this thread. :wink: I can't wait to see it again now. :)

Llamafighter
03-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I saw some of it last week, but had not seen this thread. :wink: I can't wait to see it again now. :)

It's on tonight, Bonnie!
Plus Rulon Gardner Olympic Gold MEdalist and 1x Pride competitor is on there.

Bonnie
03-16-2011, 05:41 AM
It's on tonight, Bonnie!
Plus Rulon Gardner Olympic Gold MEdalist and 1x Pride competitor is on there.

Thanks, Mark...I recorded it! :) Saw Boomer's friends Olivia and Hannah. I remember Rulon from the Olympics; I didn't realize he had been in Pride though. I am just amazed at how wonderful everyone has done in such a short time. :w00t: That Marci (Courtney's mom) is one amazing person. When Hannah was talking with Cara about "wanting to get her life back", I imagine a lot of people watching the show totally relate and understand what she is saying.

I'm rooting for every single one of them! :happydancing:

Boomer
03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
When you first posted this, I mentioned it to my girls while we were watching--since this is a show we always watch together. Now they're totally rooting for Olivia and Hannah every week!
The changes in them both so far have been amazing. They're doing great!:happydancing:

:headbanger: Thats Awesome Dawn!! :) Olivia and I sung together for years .. she carried hers on though past Kareoke bars. :laugh: She does Opera in New York.

We watch it every week and root your pals on!

:headbanger:

Watch it every week. Cool that you know two of the contestants. Good luck to them!

I enjoy watching the workouts. Gives me some ideas.

:headbanger: YEah me too. I tried pushing a truck the other day ...:scared0015:

I'm rooting for every single one of them! :happydancing:

But Olivia more .... right :mellow:

:laugh:

County Mike
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM

I just bought 100' of rope for that rope waving workout. I bought 2" diameter, which is quite a bit thicker than I imagined. Whipping this rope up and down is pretty dang hard.

Bonnie
03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=Boomer;158915]:headbanger: Thats Awesome Dawn!! :) Olivia and I sung together for years .. she carried hers on though past Kareoke bars. :laugh: She does Opera in New York.

Wow, she must be very talented. :cool:

Was it a Tonka? :tongue0011:

But Olivia more .... right :mellow:

Olivia is looking fantastic...Hannah too! They all are, but I'll be thrilled if one of your dear friends wins this, Boom. :) I think all of them are winners already. :applause:

Bonnie
03-23-2011, 12:24 AM
I just bought 100' of rope for that rope waving workout. I bought 2" diameter, which is quite a bit thicker than I imagined. Whipping this rope up and down is pretty dang hard.

You're doing personal training now, right? :unsure-1:

County Mike
03-23-2011, 01:44 AM
You're doing personal training now, right? :unsure-1:

I did get my personal trainer certification but I'm not really training anybody. My wife is a personal trainer though, so I buy stuff to play with and it's a business expense for her gym. She can use it with her clients as well, so we both win.

Llamafighter
03-23-2011, 03:20 AM
I did get my personal trainer certification but I'm not really training anybody. My wife is a personal trainer though, so I buy stuff to play with and it's a business expense for her gym. She can use it with her clients as well, so we both win.

I just started studying to take the ACE. what certifications has your wife gotten?

Bonnie
03-23-2011, 04:17 AM

Was this more of a personal goal for you, or are you wanting to eventually start working with clients too?

County Mike
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I just started studying to take the ACE. what certifications has your wife gotten?
She is certified through AAAI/ISMA in aerobics, personal training and advanced personal training. The advanced PT deals with clients who have some medical issues and how to train with them safely. She also got certified as a life coach and she has a BS in social work. She's very good at talking with her clients and offering advice/motivation. Most of her clients consider her a close, personal friend. She's good like that.

Was this more of a personal goal for you, or are you wanting to eventually start working with clients too?
It was a little bit of both. I wanted to learn the stuff for my own personal benefit but also, if Kelli ever gets sick or needs help, I'd be qualified to step in and help out. I've thought about taking on a client or two but right now I don't have much free time. I'm not willing to give up what little I have for a few extra bucks.

Primadawn
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Olivia and Hannah are looking fantastic!! Olivia saved her team last night-woohooo!:happydancing:

Mike--I wish I lived closer...I'm trying to train myself...and I'm not very good motivation! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Olivia and Hannah are looking fantastic!! Olivia saved her team last night-woohooo!:happydancing:

Mike--I wish I lived closer...I'm trying to train myself...and I'm not very good motivation! :laugh:

They ARE looking fab!!! I went to the website and was able to watch the video about Olivia and I am really impressed with her determination! I hope she DOES get that Carmen role!

County Mike
03-23-2011, 05:37 PM

You should move closer. I'll whip your butt into shape!

Bonnie
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
She is certified through AAAI/ISMA in aerobics, personal training and advanced personal training. The advanced PT deals with clients who have some medical issues and how to train with them safely. She also got certified as a life coach and she has a BS in social work. She's very good at talking with her clients and offering advice/motivation. Most of her clients consider her a close, personal friend. She's good like that.

It was a little bit of both. I wanted to learn the stuff for my own personal benefit but also, if Kelli ever gets sick or needs help, I'd be qualified to step in and help out. I've thought about taking on a client or two but right now I don't have much free time. I'm not willing to give up what little I have for a few extra bucks.

I had read a little about life coaching a while back; I thought it was interesting. I'd think that would be very useful in personal training. :cool:

I would love to be able to go to someone like Kelli. When we joined our gym I was able to do six sessions (as a special promo they were running for joining), but it's kind of impersonal at these big cookie-cutter gyms. :wink:

Primadawn
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
You should move closer. I'll whip your butt into shape!

That would be tempting...if I wasn't 85% convinced you'd be using an actual whip...:laugh:

DonnaMaria
03-23-2011, 11:25 PM
That would be tempting...if I wasn't 85% convinced you'd be using an actual whip...:laugh:

You should be 100% convinced. It IS Mike afterall.............:)

But you WILL get results!:wink:

County Mike
03-24-2011, 11:31 AM

You'd like it.