PDA

View Full Version : My boss would kill me if he saw me write this

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 03:52 AM
But, ah, I just want to slap some sense into the 2 girls getting tattooed right now.

Ok, I work at a tattoo shop at night. I set up and clean stations, get the all the inks ready, help sell tattoos and piercings. But tonight I just had to walk away from the counter. We see SOOOO many weird things come through. But why oh why would one of these girls get "Property of TimeBomb" and the other girl get "Flavor of the Week" on their lower backs. Ugh, I just don't get it!! Well I get it, but come on.

Oh well, nothing I can do. It's not my "job" to talk people out of ridiculous stuff. If it weren't for lame brain people I wouldn't have a job. Well a second job anyway, lol.

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 04:07 AM
yes, "Tramp Stamps." still in demand.

logrus
03-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I wouldn't be questioning the girls as much as the tattooer. I know a couple guys who refuse things like that, They see the body a canvas, and the tattoo represents them as the artist. They would never want them or their business represented that way.

Course I don't speak for every person who does tattoo's, most just dont care and see it as an easy buck.

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't be questioning the girls as much as the tattooer. I know a couple guys who refuse things like that, They see the body a canvas, and the tattoo represents them as the artist. They would never want them or their business represented that way.

Course I don't speak for every person who does tattoo's, most just dont care and see it as an easy buck.

at first, they were refusing to do tattoo's like this when i first started working here years ago. but SO many people come here asking for stupid work like this, they just started charging crazy amounts. they want to do good work, stuff they are in this business for. but when you get people like this who are adamant about getting stupid stuff, you gotta do what you gotta do i guess.

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 04:25 AM
yes, "Tramp Stamps." still in demand.

ah yes, the tramp stamp. i am guilty of having one. one of the few instances where i should have listened to my mom!!

County Mike
03-07-2009, 04:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with a tattoo on the lower back. It's just a matter of WHAT you put there. Some dude's name is a BAD idea. "Flavor of the Week" might be even worse.

bradwright
03-07-2009, 04:45 AM
There's nothing wrong with a tattoo on the lower back. It's just a matter of WHAT you put there. Some dude's name is a BAD idea. "Flavor of the Week" might be even worse.
lol,,that pretty much covers what i was thinking,,

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 05:05 AM
ah yes, the tramp stamp. i am guilty of having one. one of the few instances where i should have listened to my mom!!

tramp stamps are nice. what's wrong with yours?

Boomer
03-07-2009, 05:05 AM
My lower back tat says "Hair beyond this point" :blink: :blink:

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
My lower back tat says "Hair beyond this point" :blink: :blink:Are you the guy that wrote the gum article????:blink:

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
My lower back tat says "Hair beyond this point" :blink: :blink:

can you braid it?

Boomer
03-07-2009, 05:09 AM
can you braid it?

yes .... but it hurts ..... :mellow:

Boomer
03-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Are you the guy that wrote the gum article????:blink:

No .. dont know what you are talking about

mikthehick
03-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah Lyns, I can understand, unfortch they will probably regret that later in life. People should really think about a tat before getting one, yea they can be removed, but it would be easier if people didn't do it on the fly and it really meant something.

Still tossing around the idea of getting one on my shoulder with a tiny cross and Revelation 12:12 bible verse, but that means something and tells a personal story of the redemptive process and freedom from evil. I would never in a million years get a 'tramp stamp' nor someone's name, which is dumb. Sorry so long, oops, but I guess people should only do permanent stuff for themselves rather than trying to make everyone else happy. imho

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 05:18 AM
No .. dont know what you are talking about:ninja: http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704 :ninja:

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 05:56 AM
tramp stamps are nice. what's wrong with yours?

oh, there's nothing wrong with it. it's just dated. some tribal flash that i picked off the wall, of course. it's getting covered up soon with something my boss is drawing up. so that makes me excited!

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 05:58 AM

tell me about it!! we've had girls come in and get things that i can't even repeat here.

i also found out during the time she was here that TimeBomb is her "baby's daddy" and he's married with kids. and locked up. oh, to be young and in love.

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah Lyns, I can understand, unfortch they will probably regret that later in life. People should really think about a tat before getting one, yea they can be removed, but it would be easier if people didn't do it on the fly and it really meant something.

Still tossing around the idea of getting one on my shoulder with a tiny cross and Revelation 12:12 bible verse, but that means something and tells a personal story of the redemptive process and freedom from evil. I would never in a million years get a 'tramp stamp' nor someone's name, which is dumb. Sorry so long, oops, but I guess people should only do permanent stuff for themselves rather than trying to make everyone else happy. imho

the majority of mine were ones i did on the fly, lol. if i would have known then what i do now, i wouldn't have what i do. there is only 1 that really means anything to me. i want one more, and it will be something that is meaningful to me. just have to figure out how we're going to do it.

logrus
03-07-2009, 06:57 AM
My tattoo says "The Perfect woman is a Packers fan".. With a "G" lol,

MattHughesRocks
03-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Oh! I wanna be flavor of the week! :w00t:

But, ah, I just want to slap some sense into the 2 girls getting tattooed right now.

Ok, I work at a tattoo shop at night. I set up and clean stations, get the all the inks ready, help sell tattoos and piercings. But tonight I just had to walk away from the counter. We see SOOOO many weird things come through. But why oh why would one of these girls get "Property of TimeBomb" and the other girl get "Flavor of the Week" on their lower backs. Ugh, I just don't get it!! Well I get it, but come on.

Oh well, nothing I can do. It's not my "job" to talk people out of ridiculous stuff. If it weren't for lame brain people I wouldn't have a job. Well a second job anyway, lol.

MattHughesRocks
03-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Dream killer! :sad:

MattHughesRocks
03-07-2009, 07:06 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :happy0198:

tell me about it!! we've had girls come in and get things that i can't even repeat here.

i also found out during the time she was here that TimeBomb is her "baby's daddy" and he's married with kids. and locked up. oh, to be young and in love.

billwilliams70
03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
What if a guy has a lower back tattoo? Not part of a design that stretches from another location, but an actual lower back tattoo? What do you think of that?

Later.

Primadawn
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
What if a guy has a lower back tattoo? Not part of a design that stretches from another location, but an actual lower back tattoo? What do you think of that?

Later.

:ninja: Why do you ask babe?:ninja:

MattHughesRocks
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Honestly, I'd assume he was a homosexual.

Later.

bradwright
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I'd assume he was a homosexual.
:laugh: your a funny funny girl,,
enough said.

lyndsey823
03-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Later.

funny you ask that, i was just telling someone the other night how many guys we get in there wanting lower back tattoos. and it is usually the body builder types from the gym down the street. personally i don't like it, it just looks weird. lots of lower back tattoos are designed for girls, as far as flash anyway. so unless it's something really unique, it just looks weird.

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
oh, there's nothing wrong with it. it's just dated. some tribal flash that i picked off the wall, of course. it's getting covered up soon with something my boss is drawing up. so that makes me excited!

ah, don't worry about it. you know how many guys have gay ass tribal tattoos on their arms?:laugh: worse than tramp stamps.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm getting ready to have mine covered...I need an artiste

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
ah, don't worry about it. you know how many guys have gay ass tribal tattoos on their arms?:laugh: worse than tramp stamps.

two guys just came in the other day and picked the worst flash tribal off the wall. at least if you want tribal have the artist draw something up and put his own flair to it. i mean not that you can do much to make it look different, but at least it's something.

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm getting ready to have mine covered...I need an artiste

well if you are ever in my area i know a few good people!! lol.

i can't wait to get mine covered up. i've been wanting to for years. so instead of getting paid for 2 nights, i'm trading it in for some work.

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 04:45 AM
two guys just came in the other day and picked the worst flash tribal off the wall. at least if you want tribal have the artist draw something up and put his own flair to it. i mean not that you can do much to make it look different, but at least it's something.

:laugh: i can imagine it looking something like Tic-Tac-Toe....complete with the X's and O's....and a line through it for the win :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 04:48 AM
yes, "Tramp Stamps." still in demand. I am guilty of a tramp stamp!! lol.. I got it when I was 18 and its chinese character/writing that says "Love Hurts" like what did I know about love back then? Lame!! lol..:ashamed:

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I am guilty of a tramp stamp!! lol.. I got it when I was 18 and its chinese character/writing that says "Love Hurts" like what did I know about love back then? Lame!! lol..:ashamed:

haha, i know the feeling!! if i would have got HALF the stuff i wanted, i would look like the guys i work with.

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 04:57 AM
haha, i know the feeling!! if i would have got HALF the stuff i wanted, i would look like the guys i work with.
You know though I don't regret any of my tats.. Yes, I am guilty I have a few that are kinda different for a gal, but thats me im different. I am me and each of my tat's have a story of my life on em except the first one that chinese writing that was just dumb! haha!! :tongue0011:

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 04:59 AM
You know though I don't regret any of my tats.. Yes, I am guilty I have a few that are kinda different for a gal, but thats me im different. I am me and each of my tat's have a story of my life on em except the first one that chinese writing that was just dumb! haha!! :tongue0011:

yeah, there are like 3 of mine that i really like, the others i could do without!! that's the good thing about tattoo's, everybody is different and every piece of work has it's own story. that's the fun part.

medic92
03-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Somehow I made it through four hard-drinking and partying years in the Navy, including a lot of partying with a tattoo artist who kept offering to give me free tattoos without a single one. I'm very glad about that. I can just imagine being 70 years old, looking at a "Youth Gone Wild" or Guns n Roses tattoo and wondering what on earth I was thinking.

The only one that ever really tempted me was the caduceus from the Motley Crue "Dr. Feelgood" album cover. I'm equally glad I didn't get that one too. I'm very proudly ink-free.

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Somehow I made it through four hard-drinking and partying years in the Navy, including a lot of partying with a tattoo artist who kept offering to give me free tattoos without a single one. I'm very glad about that. I can just imagine being 70 years old, looking at a "Youth Gone Wild" or Guns n Roses tattoo and wondering what on earth I was thinking.

The only one that ever really tempted me was the caduceus from the Motley Crue "Dr. Feelgood" album cover. I'm equally glad I didn't get that one too. I'm very proudly ink-free.
That's cool to each his own babe...I think it just depends on the person it doesn't make anyone more or less cool. A lot of people do things outta trends and thats lame and weak minded in my eyes, but thats just me.. I have never been a follower I was a born leader!! =) How bout the girls on Bret Michaels "Rock of Love" when they got his name or the shows symbol? Poor gals ended up getting eliminated what a burn!:sick:

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 05:06 AM

my brother is guilty of coming home with drunk tattoos pretty often. his newest one is a skeleton wearing a sombrero and playing a ukulele. and on his index finger he has "shhh" so he holds it up to his lips to quiet you. he is a dork!!!

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 05:12 AM
my brother is guilty of coming home with drunk tattoos pretty often. his newest one is a skeleton wearing a sombrero and playing a ukulele. and on his index finger he has "shhh" so he holds it up to his lips to quiet you. he is a dork!!!
I have a few relatives and friends that are tattoo artists who will not ink on a person intoxicated due to excess bleeding or they can pass out during session so that sucks that people put money over health, but not everyone cares I guess. The sombrero skeleton sounds cool, but the ukulele is kinda different.. I know day of the dead tattoos are popular.. Dia de los Muertos..Something like thishttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a8euc4&s=3

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 05:23 AM
I have a few relatives and friends that are tattoo artists who will not ink on a person intoxicated due to excess bleeding or they can pass out during session so that sucks that people put money over health, but not everyone cares I guess. The sombrero skeleton sounds cool, but the ukulele is kinda different.. I know day of the dead tattoos are popular.. Dia de los Muertos..Something like thishttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a8euc4&s=3

oh he doesn't get them at shops or anything, it's when him and all his tattoo buddies are drunk at home or whatever, which is worse!!!! the shop i work at will not under any circumstances tattoo you're drunk.

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 05:27 AM
oh he doesn't get them at shops or anything, it's when him and all his tattoo buddies are drunk at home or whatever, which is worse!!!! the shop i work at will not under any circumstances tattoo you're drunk.
If only people knew what a health risk you pose getting "underground" tats! lol...Unless the person works in a shop or obeys all the health rules such as even having plastic/saran wrap on your spray bottles, and cords, etc. You know if you work in one. These girls at my work are getting horrible tats from someones boyfriend I am like barf!! :sick:

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 05:34 AM
oh yeah, there are so many things i have to make sure are wrapped, and not contaminated, ugh. but that's what i do during my day job, sterilize surgery trays!! lol. so i know all about the guidelines. the guys that do my brother's tattoos own shops, they just all get together and get drunk and dumb. too young.

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 05:55 AM
might have to do a poll on how many ladies on the forum have tramp stamps?

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Count me in...

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 06:06 AM

2 of us so far!

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Count me in...

this is purely unscientific polling, but we have 3 tramp stamps at last count. you, Lyndsey and Dawn. :)

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
2 of us so far!

i thought Dawn had one? :unsure-1:

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 06:09 AM
i thought Dawn had one? :unsure-1:

i know she has the one on her upper back, not sure about her lower back.

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey gals we are the bad girls of the forum!! haha!! I love it!!!

Hughes_GOAT
03-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey gals we are the bad girls of the forum!! haha!! I love it!!!

uh-oh, what have i started? :ninja:

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 06:13 AM
"There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out."
Mae West

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 06:14 AM
uh-oh, what have i started? :ninja:

:) :)

lyndsey823
03-08-2009, 06:15 AM
"There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out."
Mae West

i've always liked that quote!!

Miss Foxy
03-08-2009, 06:16 AM
I love quotes!! I love this one too!!..It's oh so true!!

mikthehick
03-08-2009, 06:20 AM
thinking about getting an inch by inch one on my shoulder this summer.....

one of these crosses closer to the bottom (it's a tat design page)

http://www.squidoo.com/celtic_cross_tattoos

Not sure yet. Also, a married couple from my favorite band, Skillet, got their wedding rings tattooed on their left ring fingers since they play every night on tour (rings would be bothersome). I thought that was really unique and cool.

Sorry tho, so far I'm an ink virgin and would never get something on the lower back.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I do not have a tramp stamp! I have one tattoo, which is on my right "bip".

billwilliams70
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
:ninja: Why do you ask babe?:ninja:
To quote my good friend George Costanza, "I have a staunch record of heterosexuality."

With that said, we have six shower stalls in our shower, but the dressing area is "common" and shared by everyone using the showers........there's a guy that has a few tattoos and one of them is a lower back tattoo. I haven't really gotten a good enough look at it to tell you what it is, but it's there alright.

I wonder about him.

Later.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
To quote my good friend George Costanza, "I have a staunch record of heterosexuality."

With that said, we have six shower stalls in our shower, but the dressing area is "common" and shared by everyone using the showers........there's a guy that has a few tattoos and one of them is a lower back tattoo. I haven't really gotten a good enough look at it to tell you what it is, but it's there alright.

I wonder about him.

Later.

Umm...yeah..don't drop the soap when he's around...:ninja:

billwilliams70
03-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I do not have a tramp stamp! I have one tattoo, which is on my right "bip".
Oh yeah......what's a "bip"? :unsure:
Umm...yeah..don't drop the soap when he's around...:ninja:
I don't plan on it.

Later.

VCURamFan
03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh yeah......what's a "bip"? :unsure: I'm guessing she mean the gray area between butt & hip.

Primadawn
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm guessing she mean the gray area between butt & hip.

Yes.

County Mike
03-09-2009, 01:50 AM

Ewww. Why is it gray?

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Ewww. Why is it gray?
exactly

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 02:32 AM

:ninja: its up to them isnt it, I guess...if they want to write stupid things on tattoos...:wacko:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Ewww. Why is it gray?

Hardy har har...

Actually, right now, it's glow-in-the-dark white...I need a tan like nobody's business...

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Hardy har har...

Actually, right now, it's glow-in-the-dark white...I need a tan like nobody's business...

do you go to tanning salons?

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 03:40 AM
do you go to tanning salons?

Sometimes...

VCURamFan
03-09-2009, 03:41 AM
Sometimes...Then that would make your tanning somebody's business, wouldn't it.:Whistle:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Then that would make your tanning somebody's business, wouldn't it.:Whistle:

What? :huh:

Oh for Pete's sake...:tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Sometimes...

please don't tell me you use lotion or sprays :laugh:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:06 AM
please don't tell me you use lotion or sprays :laugh:

I spraytanned for my sister's wedding! It was traumatic! I'll never do it again!

jignpig
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I spraytanned for my sister's wedding! It was traumatic! I'll never do it again!
im jumpin in the middle here, but does a person spray you or a machine..always wonderd

VCURamFan
03-09-2009, 04:18 AM
I spraytanned for my sister's wedding! It was traumatic! I'll never do it again!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePtkyrrSLhA&feature=related :Whistle:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:22 AM
im jumpin in the middle here, but does a person spray you or a machine..always wonderd

The one I went to, it was a machine. It's frightening! They call it "Mystic Tan" and that's deceiving! Makes you think it's a friendly mist lightly settling on your skin! When in reality, it's essentially SHOOTING chemicals at you...and you have to hold your breath FOREVER and it smells really bad...and if you don't forget to suck your lips into your mouth, it's on your LIPS!!! and that only makes you want to lick your lips, but you know you can't! And THEN--if you don't get the timing JUST right...you're orange! ORANGE!!!!
Never again.

I had a friend that had it done for her wedding and it was a person with an airbrush...turned out a lot better...but she had to get butt-naked in front of a stranger. No thanks!

lyndsey823
03-09-2009, 04:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePtkyrrSLhA&feature=related :Whistle:

that's funny, that is the first thing i think of when i want to spray tan. that episode scared me too much to ever do it! i'll just lay in the tanning bed and fry, lol

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 04:26 AM

so you use the sun then?

jignpig
03-09-2009, 04:31 AM
The one I went to, it was a machine. It's frightening! They call it "Mystic Tan" and that's deceiving! Makes you think it's a friendly mist lightly settling on your skin! When in reality, it's essentially SHOOTING chemicals at you...and you have to hold your breath FOREVER and it smells really bad...and if you don't forget to suck your lips into your mouth, it's on your LIPS!!! and that only makes you want to lick your lips, but you know you can't! And THEN--if you don't get the timing JUST right...you're orange! ORANGE!!!!
Never again.

I had a friend that had it done for her wedding and it was a person with an airbrush...turned out a lot better...but she had to get butt-naked in front of a stranger. No thanks!
either one sounds truamatic! does it feel like your "painted" or does it kinda soak in? i cant imagine it being good for your skin.

jignpig
03-09-2009, 04:32 AM
so you use the sun then?
ahhh...gods tanning booth. its free you know?

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:34 AM
so you use the sun then?

I live in EXTREME Northeastern PA. There IS no sun here.

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 04:35 AM
There IS no sun here.

you lose :tongue0011:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:36 AM
either one sounds truamatic! does it feel like your "painted" or does it kinda soak in? i cant imagine it being good for your skin.

It soaks in. You don't see it right away--it takes a few hours...I think it makes your skin smell funny.

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 04:36 AM
its free you know?

for now :laugh:

jignpig
03-09-2009, 04:38 AM
It soaks in. You don't see it right away--it takes a few hours...I think it makes your skin smell funny.
well thanks for the spray tan breakdown....no further questions. have a good eve.

jignpig
03-09-2009, 04:40 AM
for now :laugh:
im sure obama will start a tan tax. haha! later goat

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:42 AM
well thanks for the spray tan breakdown....no further questions. have a good eve.

Lemme know if you have any waxing questions!:laugh:

Primadawn
03-09-2009, 04:42 AM
you lose :tongue0011:

Pfffffffffttt! Tell me about it!

Hughes_GOAT
03-09-2009, 04:46 AM
im sure obama will start a tan tax. haha! later goat

later jignpig

Chuck
03-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I have never been a follower I was a born leader!! =)

What about your tramp stamp??? :Whistle: :Whistle:

:tongue0011:

billwilliams70
03-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes.
As I stepped out of the shower this morning.....I was thinking about your "bip" and then it hit me, butt + hip = bip.

Later.

Neezar
03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Never again.

:laugh:

County Mike
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm quite pale myself. The kicker is, I have a tanning bed in my house. My sister had it installed when she lived there (I let her live there while I wasn't). I'm just not a big fan of the thing, but I'm about as pale as ever so I might use it once or twice to help avoid major burn when summer finally arrives.

Chuck
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
As I stepped out of the shower this morning.....I was thinking about your "bip" and then it hit me, butt + hip = bip.

Later.

You think about Dawn in the shower too?? :blink:

And here I thought I was the only one!!!! :laugh:

billwilliams70
03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
You think about Dawn in the shower too?? :blink:
And here I thought I was the only one!!!! :laugh:
It's those feets. :D

Later.

Chuck
03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
It's those feets. :D

Later.

Um.... yeah... feet.... that's it.... that's what I think about.. :Whistle:

Miss Foxy
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
What a burn Chuck!! lol.. I wasnt following anyone I was trying to be cute!! haha does that count?!?

billwilliams70
03-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Um.... yeah... feet.... that's it.... that's what I think about.. :Whistle:
That's all I know of her.....those feets.

Later.

Tyburn
03-09-2009, 03:07 PM
That's all I know of her.....those feets.

Later.

perhaps thats all you need to know of her :ninja:

Chuck
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
What a burn Chuck!! lol.. I wasnt following anyone I was trying to be cute!! haha does that count?!?

Of course darlin!