PDA

View Full Version : Got Ink?

Spiritwalker
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
With all the talk on the Interwebs about Rich's henna.. it just has me wondering..

Who here is inked? Why did you do it and what do they mean to you?

I have several.

I have two feathers on my left arm for my native heritage.. one of the tattoos has a banner wrapped around it with my wife and kids names.. the other has a scroll with kanji (kempo)

I have my dojo's initials

also I have the symbol for rotating kammas, which has multiple meanings..

I have a Japanese tiger on the same forearm (strength) and the kanji for Honor and Respect besiude the paw.

on my right left I have a dragon that is pretty self explanatory...

Llamafighter
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I have one tattoo I got whe I was 25 (I think) it's and tiger and a ram in a ying yang on my shoulder. It reminds me of the time in my life.

VCURamFan
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I keep accidentally drawing on myself with pens & sharpies while I'm flipping through reports at work. :unsure-1:

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I keep accidentally drawing on myself with pens & sharpies while I'm flipping through reports at work. :unsure-1:

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a few tattoos.. No I am not inked like Kat nor am I gangster homie style chick..I have everything from a clover on my foot to a sun..

Crisco
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM

I see what you did there.

BamaGrits84
02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I have a heart with my oldest son's b-day in it on my calf. It's not big.

And I have 4 dots on my big toe. One of which is not lined up correctly because I would not be still.

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
After the kid stuff I am getting a #40 on my hip and no it's not for a 40oz of malt liquor!! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
"a picture is worth a thousand words"

:laugh:

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr297/jaheim_photo/tattoo.jpg

I got it for my 40th birthday. :happydancing:

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:14 PM
"a picture is worth a thousand words"

:laugh:

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr297/jaheim_photo/tattoo.jpg

I got it for my 40th birthday. :happydancing:

I love it!!! Look at you rockin the heels...................sexy feet!!!

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I have a few.......tasteful of course. And all where I can cover them(Im a professional business woman).

I have a huge orange lilly on my calf with a little purple frog sitting on its leaf. Thats my newest one, its only 2 weeks old.

I have a Big thigh piece of all my favorite book covers. Adding to it soon!

And I have a celtic cross on the back of my neck that symbolizes change and healing. Was very good for me during that time of my life. I still have healing to do but Ive made the changes in my life that I needed!

When I reach my fitness goal I will get my rib piece done.:happydancing:

DonnaMaria
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a few.......tasteful of course. And all where I can cover them(Im a professional business woman).

I have a huge orange lilly on my calft with a little purple from sitting on its leaf. Thats my newest one, its only 2 weeks old.

And I have a celtic cross on the back of my neck that symbolizes change and healing. Was very good for me during that time of my life. I still have healing to do but Ive made the changes in my life that I needed!

They all sound lovely!

I especially like the idea of one on the back of my neck! I think that might be my next one!

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM

I have a huge orange lilly on my calf with a little purple frog sitting on its leaf. Thats my newest one, its only 2 weeks old.

Sounds awesome and hot!! Girl I will fly out there too so we can get our tat's together or come here to LA I know a few artists!!

DonnaMaria
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I love it!!! Look at you rockin the heels...................sexy feet!!!

:laugh: Thanks! I can rock those heels for 3 hours MAX! After that I have to change to flats! :laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a heart with my oldest son's b-day in it on my calf. It's not big.

And I have 4 dots on my big toe. One of which is not lined up correctly because I would not be still.

Tats on the toes or feet are so painful!! When I got my clover it was the worst pain ever!! Far worse than having a baby.. I felt the pain from my toes to my head..:cry:

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Sounds awesome and hot!! Girl I will fly out there too so we can get our tat's together or come here to LA I know a few artists!!

Ya know.....my home office is in LA, maybe I need to start talking to my DM about additional training!!!! Lets get inked Mama!!!:cool:

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:28 PM
:laugh: Thanks! I can rock those heels for 3 hours MAX! After that I have to change to flats! :laugh::laugh:

I love my heels!! Theyre good for my self esteem!! I need a foot tattoo! :scared0011:

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I love my heels!! Theyre good for my self esteem!! I need a foot tattoo! :scared0011:

Me too I love heels!! 3inches and higher baby!! I don't feel girly unless I am rocking stillettos!!

DonnaMaria
02-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Foot tats rock! We have about 60 female teachers in our building and about 30 of them have foot tats! :laugh:

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Me too I love heels!! 3inches and higher baby!! I don't feel girly unless I am rocking stillettos!!

Or the FMB's.............which is what Im sportin today. Too cold for heels.....:sad:

Shoots like a girl
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Foot tats rock! We have about 60 female teachers in our building and about 30 of them have foot tats! :laugh:

See? You got me itchin for more time in the chair and I just had work done!

BTW............are the ladies the only ones with body art? LOL

JavierDLC
02-22-2011, 04:43 PM
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/22231_100411376658504_100000689259150_9242_6150095 _n.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/l_443587844edd43d0af64ae58184f7232.jpg

I just have my Judas Priest Emblem :)

I grew up Listening to Priest because my Dad is a singer and he use to be in a Judas Priest Cover band.
So as you can guess they are my Favorite band too. I had the pleasure of meeting Tim Owens who was the replacement singer for Judas Priest he is my favorite singer from all times. He has the same exact Tattoo =) and since growing up I would always draw it on my hands, arms, books everywhere so I figured ah why not :laugh:
Its a bit childish but I really like it so that's what matters.

TENNESSEAN
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
i got USDA on my right hip :) it means the world to me

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
i got USDA on my right hip :) it means the world to me

Lmao!! And for your wife too!! :laugh:

County Mike
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I only have the one but I can't show it. I can describe it though.

When I'm "relaxed" it looks like "HOW".
When I'm "excited" it says "Hello my name is Mike. Welcome to the show."

Oh yeah - I do have my wedding ring tattooed onto my finger as well.

County Mike
02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/33927_448791275185_507895185_5628838_6361308_n.jpg

Spiritwalker
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM
NICE!!!

My wife had her ring finger tattooed.. and I have been thinking about it.

TENNESSEAN
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I only have the one but I can't show it. I can describe it though.

When I'm "relaxed" it looks like "HOW".
When I'm "excited" it says "Hello my name is Mike. Welcome to the show."
Oh yeah - I do have my wedding ring tattooed onto my finger as well.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the text for your tat any bigger than that:laugh:

on the brite side its better than

"Hello my name is Mike. Welcome to the show."

VCURamFan
02-22-2011, 07:46 PM

:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

County Mike
02-22-2011, 07:50 PM

I used the default font. I thought making it actual size would be obnoxious.
:)

flo
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM

LMAO!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I love you, Ben! You are so funny!

flo
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM

tee hee

:rotfl:

Tyburn
02-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes.

my first is the chinese verb "to enter" which is on my right shoulder. I use it to remind me that I have asked GOD to enter into me. I call it Maranatha, which is actually the greek word for indwelling. I got that in Bradford 2001 I think.

My Second Tattoo is on my right arm above my wrist. Its an eyeball in blue and purple swirls. I call it "ocular Veritas" which is Latin for "eye of truth" I have it to remind me that everything I put my hands to will be there for me to call an account of during the Judgement. I got it in 2004 at Camden Town Market

my Third Tattoo is a large heart which is on fire and encased in a gaelic bracket. Its a version of the more well known Sacre Coeur, which is French for Sacred Heart. I got it in 2006. its on my chest...and everyone always stares at it when I go swiming, coz its actually quite large LOL

I plan on getting a few more when I have the money. I want a scroll with the Biblical reference to my favourite passage in Deuteronomy, and I also want in the same scroll the first words of Psalm 130 in Latin (De Profundis) out of the depths I cry to thee O Lord.

After that I want some feathers, which I shall probably put around the scroll to remind me of my birds...which are at present a living tattoo that remind me of intrinsic value