PDA

View Full Version : Bath Salts, The Newest Drug?

BamaGrits84
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I have never heard of this and the story lacks details. It this a problem anywhere else, or are our kids just becoming exception stupid in Alabama? If it is just an Alabama thing I'm calling a realtor.

MONTGOMERY, AL (WBRC) - Another street drug will become illegal this week in Alabama.

The drug is known as ‘bath salts' and some kids are ingesting them to get high.

On Tuesday, Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange and the state's top doctor will announce the state is banning the possession, manufacturing and distribution of bath salts.

VCURamFan
02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Never heard of it, but a quick Google search gave me this website:

http://bathsaltsdrug.com/

"effects like MDMA and Cocaine" :blink:

Miss Foxy
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Haven't heard, but thanks for the post and also Ben thanks for the link...
I know some idiots got kicked out of the Navy for smoking some stuff that they sell at smokeshops after being formally warned by the military a few times.. What is wrong with these people putting all this crap in their bodies or ingesting stuff? Gosh people die everyday from things they can't help and these idiots are quick to get high without knowing the side effects..:angry:

rockdawg21
02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Mephedrone. It's currently unscheduled as a controlled substance - completely legal to own as long as the drug isn't "used for human consumption". That's pretty simple to get past the legalities of using it as a designer drug.

BamaGrits84
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I read a few news stories on it but i don't get exactly what it is. Is it a product they are labeling as bath salts that are actually not, or are they smoking actual bath salts? My friend works as a special agent for the DA so I'm going to have to ask him about this. Very odd.

rockdawg21
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I read a few news stories on it but i don't get exactly what it is. Is it a product they are labeling as bath salts that are actually not, or are they smoking actual bath salts? My friend works as a special agent for the DA so I'm going to have to ask him about this. Very odd.
They are not "bath salt" in the literal sense. They are being sold as "bath salts" as a way to get around the fact that the main ingredient, mephedrone, is fully intended for human consumption.

As an example, they are also sold as "plant fertilizer", "pond cleaner", etc. It is a street drug that's legally sold in stores using this loophole.

TexasRN
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I just heard of it recently. I know that it is a huge problem in some states and is gaining notoriety in others. It's dangerous but because it isn't illegal, people are using it to get high. It's sad really.

~Amy